May 1, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V340000
If the mirror glass detaches, the driver may have reduced visibility and the mirror glass will become a road hazard that may strike another vehicle or pedestrian, increasing the risk of a crash or injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V340
Manufacturer PACCAR Incorporated
Potential Number of Units Affected 3,907
PACCAR Incorporated (PACCAR) is recalling certain 2020 Peterbilt 520 and 579 vehicles and Kenworth T680, T880 and W990 vehicles. The mirror glass may detach from the mirror carrier plate due to inadequate adhesion.
PACCAR has notified owners, and dealers will inspect the upper mirror glass/mirror carrier, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began May 31, 2019. Kenworth owners may contact PACCAR customer service at 1-425-828-5888 and Peterbilt owners may call 1-940-591-4220. PACCAR's numbers for this recall is 19KWC and 19PBC.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Federal Recall Information
Safety Recall – Mekra Lang Side Mirror Adhesion Issue
Safety Recall – Mekra Lang Side Mirror Adhesion Issue
Peterbilt Motors Company has determined that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, may exist in certain model year 2020 Model 567 and 579 vehicles manufactured between 2/15/2019 and 3/15/2019.
The upper mirror in the side mirror assemblies could fall from the housing and limit the visibility of the driver. The mirror and carrier will be inspected to verify the Mekra Lang manufacture date and replaced if necessary.
Service all chassis affected that enter your dealership, even if the customer has no issue with the chassis.
- Review the attached chassis list for your dealer code and schedule your customer(s) for service if their chassis is on the list.
- If you are not using Service Management to start repair orders, review DWWC or SIR for “Complete” next to the 19PBA campaign code prior to performing this repair.
- Ensure all required parts have arrived prior to scheduling the chassis for the repair.
- Follow the procedures below to complete the inspection and make the necessary repairs.
It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to sell or lease new vehicles covered by this recall until the defect or noncompliance has been corrected.
There is no time or mileage limit for this recall. Peterbilt will pay for parts at dealer net plus applicable mark up and labor:
- 3 hours to remove the mirror carriers, inspect the mirror manufacture dates, then reassemble both side mirrors with either the original or a new mirror as required.
- File a long form claim and include the manufacture dates of the mirrors.
- File an additional claim for extraordinary circumstances, referencing 19PBA. A long form claim must be filed first.
|SRT B19-PBA||0.3 Hours to inspect and reassemble both side mirrors|
Parts are available through PACCAR Parts.
|1||154800011||Heated upper LH mirror and carrier|
|1||154800012||Heated upper RH mirror and carrier|
Take off parts disposition: Return parts to the supplier using ship code LB.
- Refer to the Mekra Lang Mirror Service Manual, section 2.2, to remove the upper mirror carrier.
- Locate the white Mekra Lang label on the back of the mirror carrier and note the manufacture date.
|Both mirrors must be inspected. Mirror manufacture dates may not be the same on both sides.|
Customer Letter – US
Customer Letter – Canada
Date of Letter
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
|Subject:||Safety Recall 19PBA – Mekra Lang Side Mirror Adhesion Issue|
NHTSA Recall number NHTSA #19V340
EXPIRATION DATE: NONE
Your VIN(s) can be found on the bottom or back of this page
City, State ZIP
Dear Peterbilt Customer,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Peterbilt Motors Company has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, may exist in certain model year 2020 Model 567 and 579 vehicles manufactured between 2/15/2019 and 3/15/2019. On certain trucks, the upper glass on the side mirrors may not be properly attached. This could cause the mirror glass to fall off or to hang from its wiring and block the lower convex mirror. Missing or blocked mirrors will reduce visibility and increase the risk of a crash. If the mirror glass falls from the vehicle, it could strike another vehicle or pedestrian increasing the risk of injury. Your vehicle has been identified as being built within the date range in which the affected mirrors were manufactured.
|The problem is…||The upper mirror in the side mirror assemblies could fall from the housing and limit the visibility of the driver or fall and strike another vehicle or pedestrian.|
|What your dealer will do…||The mirror and carrier will be inspected to verify the mirror manufacture date and will be replaced if necessary.|
|What you must do …||Contact your Peterbilt Dealer to schedule an appointment for repair.|
Peterbilt has initiated a recall to remedy the defect. Please contact your Peterbilt dealer. To find your Peterbilt dealer, please visit Dealer Locator at www.Peterbilt.com. This repair may take up to 1.0 hours of labor depending dealer scheduling. This repair will be performed at no charge to you.
If you had this repair performed before you received this letter, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall. Receipts for parts and/or labor are required for consideration of reimbursement.
If you require further information about this recall, reimbursement of a pre-notification remedy associated with this recall or experience any difficulty in making arrangements for this repair, please contact: Peterbilt Motors Company, 1700 Woodbrook St, Denton, TX 76205, Attn: Customer Services Department, phone 940-591-4220.
If you conclude that Peterbilt Motors Company has not enabled you to remedy this noncompliance in reasonable time and without charge, you may submit a complaint to: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
Federal regulation requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days. If you no longer own this vehicle, we would appreciate your advising us of the new owner if you know their name.
We apologize for any inconvenience this preventive procedure may cause and thank you for your participation in helping Peterbilt provide the highest levels of customer satisfaction and service expertise.
We value your business and appreciate your ongoing loyalty to Peterbilt and its dealer network. Industry-leading quality, performance and reliability are hallmarks of Peterbilt products, and we thank you for making Peterbilt your truck of choice.
Director of Customer Service
Peterbilt Motors Company
5 Affected Products
10 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall 573 Report- Amendment 1
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall 573 Report- Amendment 2
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Latest Recalls Documents
- No streaks ever; tint safe
- Formulated with non-ionic surfactants, specialized molecules that are 100 percent non-toxic and all surface safe; no reactivity
- 100 percent ammonia-free and safe to use on tinted windows, clear plastic instrument panel lenses, and headlight and taillight lenses
- 1 gallon mixes with up to 3 gallons of distilled water; re-dilutable
- Also available in 16 ounce size
- Unique streak-free formula
- Great on windows, mirrors, computers, cell phones and television screens
- Safe on tinted windows
- Non-toxic and ammonia-free
- Use the products detailers use
- Includes Two 19-Ounce Cans
- Features a Residue Free Formula
- Cleans without Streaky Residue
- Offers a No-Drip, Fine Mist Spray
- Safe for Use on Window Tint
- The Original: Trust The Original Windshield Cleaner For Reaching Tight And Difficult Spaces At Home And In Your Car. The Reach & Clean Tool Window Wand Cleans Glass Almost Effortlessly.
- Washable: Simply Remove The Washable Microfiber Glass Cleaning Bonnet And Throw It In The Wash For A Consistent Streak-Free, Lint-Free Clean That Leaves Any Glass Looking New.
- Selling Auto Glass Cleaner Brand: In Dollar And Unit Sales According To Npd Group Market Share Data
- Reusable: Why Waste Time And Money With Streaky Paper Towels? Our Invisible Glass Cleaner Microfiber Bonnets Are Reusable And Leave A Stunning Shine That Will Make Your Windows Look Like New!
- ✔Fast and Easy to Cleaning Auto Windshield: Most used to dread cleaning their car mainly because of that it was a big hassle to clean the windshield. Not anymore! Clean car window interiors and exteriors. No more hurting your back. The windshield cleaner is designed with the Extra Long extension handle and pivoting head getting to those hard-to-reach car window bases is simple. XINDELL windshield cleaning tool can remove more dirt and dust, easy to clean the hard-to-reach areas effortlessly.
- ✔Helps get the hard-to-reach area of vehicle windshield pretty well! Car windshield cleaning kit designed with 180°swiveled triangular head to make a complete contact to the glass, which fit with the glass surface very well, easy to clean the bottom of car windows or some hard-to-reach areas, from interior to exterior, easy to use and effortless. Long ergonomic handle, easily extend to hard-to-reach window bases, leaving surfaces for even cleaning.
- ✔Multiple Uses: Works great as a fog & moisture removal tool. Easy windshield cleaner is safe to use on all surfaces and won’t scratch, ideal for interior & exterior cleaning, great for cars, such as trucks, SUVs and recreational vehicles of all sizes. The EASY windshield cleaning brush tool also are suitable for kitchens, bathrooms, furniture, mirrors, ceramic, shower stalls and other household needs! Also ideal for de-misting your windscreen in winter. No need to wait your vehicle warm up.
- ✔Anti-skid & Durable: The cleaning pad pole use aluminum alloy material, lightweight and won’t rust, more durable than plastic one, the end of the handle is with soft sponge, non-slip and comfortable to hold. 3 pcs Washable & Reusable Pads made of fine fiber fluffed material, can remove more dirt and dust, easy to clean, which helps keep it effective. The microfiber cloth helps to remove dirt, dust, and fingerprints on the glass. Great Design Car Window Cleaner!
- ✔Special Instructions: ●Interior Windshield Cleaning: Can be used dry pad or spray a small amount of water on the pad and wipe clean. Refrain from drenching the surface or smudges will appear. ●Exterior Windshield Cleaning: Can be used dry pad. ●Fog Removal: simply wipe glass with no added water or liquid chemical. ●Stubborn stains on the glass: Can be spray a little Glass Cleaning Fluid for wiping. ●No chemical or soap is needed to clean the surface, just a little water.
- 3X Faster Cleaning Microfiber-Gven windshield cleaner comes with highly effective soft microfiber which is 3 times thicker and more absorbent than those ordinary fabrics. No Streaks Left!
- Durable& Extendable Aluminum Handle- Aluminum handle will not break and non-slip sponge make your hand comfort even under great pressure. Extendable feature helps get the hard-to-reach area and no more hurts your back.
- Pivoting& Rotating Head-helps to provide better leverage and 100% contact to all surfaces to remove troublesome gunk in the corner, ideal for interior & exterior cleaning.
- Multiple Uses- Besides for car windshield cleaning, three pieces of removable fiber towels& 1 piece of cleaning cloth& spray bottle are suitable for kitchens, bathrooms, furniture, mirrors, ceramic, shower stalls and other household window clean!
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE-100% MONEY BACK GUARANTENN ensures you can receive a full refund or a satisfactory replacement at any time. For better experience, please read the instruction on package before using!
- ✅ SAFE ON TINTED WINDOWS - Many glass cleaners do the job of cleaning and improving vision on your windows, but what about after-effects on non-factory windows? Adam’s Glass Cleaner provides a concentrated cleaner for glass while being safe on both factory and aftermarket window tinting.
- ✅ STREAK-FREE, SPRAY AND WIPE FORMULA - When cleaning your car windows, it’s easy to overuse the product and cover the window in glass cleaner! Luckily, Adam’s Glass Cleaner’s new and improved formulation provides customers with its streak-free formula and is a crowd favorite.
- ✅ ECO-FRIENDLY, NO AMMONIA - Glass cleaners can have a pungent odor of ammonia blends and harmful chemicals that smell just as bad as they perform. Our new and improved formulation is environmentally friendly, contains no ammonia and provides a refreshing sprite scent.
- ✅ OPTICAL CLARIFIERS KEEP GLASS CLEAR FOR IMPROVED VISIBILITY - One thing we noticed with our old Glass Cleaner is although it did clean the window well, we were still missing that “crisp” appearance that shine-freaks all crave. Spray and wipe Adam’s Glass Cleaner with our Green Glass Towel and give your vehicle the invisible glass look on your vehicle's windows.
- ✅ 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE & USA MADE - At Adam’s, we strive to bring the BEST car cleaning supplies, car cleaning kits, washing accessories, microfiber towels, car wax, paint sealants, ceramic coatings, mops, brushes, mitts, sponges, garage tools, applicators & other high-quality car cleaning products to the car care industry. If you are not satisfied, let us know & we’ll do everything we can to make it right!
- 2 19 oz. aerosol cleaners
- For all glass surfaces including windows, windshields, mirrors, and side glass. May also be used to clean automotive vinyl, interior plastic and clear plastic
- Non-flammable, and will not affect painted surfaces
- No drip foaming action - clings to vertical surfaces and streak-free shine
- Safe for tinted and non-tinted windows
- CLEAR DRY FORMULA: The Invisible Glass CLEAR DRY formula contains no streaky soaps, scents, or dyes. Absolutely ZERO residue on your glass – just invisible glass.
- CONVENIENT SPRAY BOTTLE: This 32 oz. spray pump bottle makes it easy to squeeze out every drop of glass cleaner for a brilliant shine on all glass surfaces.
- AMMONIA-FREE: Our unique Invisible Glass formula contains no ammonia, so it’s perfect for use on tinted and non-tinted glass. Use it at home, on stainless steel appliances, in the car, on the boat, at the office, and more.
- MADE IN USA: Proudly American-made, you can trust the quality and superior formula of this glass cleaner and window spray. It’s the best super window cleaner you can buy.
- MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: If you’re not completely satisfied with the performance of Invisible Glass Cleaner, simply let us know for a prompt and cheerful refund, guaranteed!
Last update on 2021-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API