June 15, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V353000
Inability to use the wireless remote controller may hinder the firefighting efforts, increasing the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V353
Manufacturer Spartan Fire, LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 1
Spartan Fire, LLC (Spartan) is recalling one 2019 Gladiator firefighting vehicle equipped with battery-powered 3600 wireless remote controller units used to control the movement of electric firefighting monitors in firefighting vehicles. The monitor is used to direct the water stream and adjust the spray pattern. The wireless remote controller's sleep mode is disabled, resulting in the batteries discharging faster than normal.
Spartan has notified the dealer that has the unit and will request that they return the affected wireless remote controller to Akron Brass for a software update to enable the sleep mode, free of charge. This recall began June 15, 2020. Owners may contact Akron Brass customer service at 1-800-228-1161 or Spartan customer service at 1-800-867-6478.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL – 20V-353
This notice applies to the vehicle identification number below.
East Great Plain Fire Dept
488 New London Turnpike
Norwich CT 06360-9326
Dear Valued Customer,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Spartan Fire, LLC has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in a model year 2019 Gladiator model emergency response chassis cab.
Please note: The Vehicle Identification Number that may be affected by this recall is located at the top of this letter.
What is the defect?
Vehicles included in this recall have a 3600 controller that is being recalled by their manufacturer, Akron Brass. As described in Akron’s recall 20E032, the 3600 controller is a battery powered unit. To maximize the useful life of the batteries, the unit is designed to enter a “sleep” mode after 30 seconds of inactivity by the user. The unit will awaken subsequently by pressing the power button. In the affected units, the sleep mode does not initiate, leaving the batteries on at full power for an extended time. This results in the batteries discharging faster than normal. Akron asserts it is possible that the rapid battery discharge could result in loss of power to the controller while in use. This may lead the firefighter to be unable to change the spray pattern or direction of water flow with the wireless controller. This could slow the progress of firefighting efforts and may increase the risk of injury.
LED lights illuminate the unit when powered on. These lights will blink to indicate low battery when the battery charge is low. The lights will go out, or not turn on, if the batteries are depleted.
The customer will be asked to return the affected controller to Akron Brass for a software update. Akron Brass will coordinate all shipping arrangements for return of the affected unit and for shipping of the repaired unit. There is no cost to the vehicle owner for the recall remedy.
Akron estimates to repair the controller within 5 business days of confirmation that the unit is in the affected serial number range, excluding shipping time.
What You Should Do:
Please contact Akron at [email protected] or by phone at 1-800-228-1161 to verify the unit is in the affected population and arrange shipment of the part (Part No. 36000013 or 36000015).
If you need further assistance with this notification, contact your local dealer to have the work performed. If you cannot locate a dealer, call Spartan at 1-800-867-6478 to locate your nearest dealer. Steps will be taken to ensure the recall is performed at the nearest dealer.
The lessor must notify the lessee by first class mail within ten (10) days from receipt of their owner notification letter from the manufacturer; both for the initial notification and all subsequent notifications.
If you had this repair performed before you received this letter, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall. For more information contact Spartan at 1‐800‐867-6478.
If you have changed your address, sold or traded your vehicle, please email us at [email protected] to provide updated information.
If the authorized service center has failed or is unable to remedy the defect without charge and within a reasonable time, contact Spartan at 1-800-867-6478. You may also submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, D.C. 20590 or call the Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov if you feel the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy the defect without charge
We regret any inconvenience this service may cause you. Your safety and continued satisfaction with the quality and performance of your chassis is of the utmost concern to us.
Spartan Fire LLC
Spartan Fire, LLC
1 Affected Product
5 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V353-6176
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-2RCLQRT-20V353-9263
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-3
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- 24 pack of Energizer MAX alkaline double AA batteries and 24 Pack of Energizer MAX alkaline triple AAA batteries
- Our longest lasting Max battery powers everyday devices, powerful batteries aa size and batteries aaa size
- Leak resistant construction protects your devices from leakage of fully used batteries for up to 2 years. Bonus: It’s guaranteed
- Holds power up to 10 years in storage so you're never left powerless
- Eligible for use with an Amazon Dash Smart Shelf auto-replenishment scale to keep you stocked on your favorite
- Contains 6 Energizer 2032 Lithium 3-Volt Coin Batteries
- Delivers long lasting, dependable performance in specialty devices like heart rate monitors, remotes, keyless entry systems, glucose monitors, toys, and games
- Holds power for up to 10 years in storage, ensuring you have Lithium Coin Batteries ready when you need them.Keep out of reach of children
- Replacement for: L14, DL2032, SB-T15, and 5004LC
- Eligible for use with an Amazon Dash Smart Shelf auto-replenishment scale to keep you stocked on your favorite necessities
- ★High Quality: Tested under Strict Quality Control Standards. CE and ROHS Certified. Grade A cells CR2032 Ensure Longer Battery Life and Long Lasting Power
- ★Get the Exact Fresh CR2032 Battery, Have Full 3 Volts Charge, 3 Years Shelf Life
- ★Primarily used in Watches, Computer motherboards, Calculators, PDAs, Electronic organizers, Garage door openers, Toys, Games, MP3 players, Digital voice recorders, Door chimes, Pet collars, LED lights, Sporting goods, Pedometers, Calorie counters, Stopwatches, Glucometers, Medical devices, and more
- ★If your device uses any of the following batteries, this is what you are looking for.:Energizer CR2032，CR2032BP，DL2032，ECR2032，KCR2032，BR2032，LM2032,5004LC，5004LB，L14，SB-T15，EA2032C，EA-2032C，L2032,2032，DJ2032，KL2032，E- CR2032，KECR2032，GPCR2032，KT-CR2032
- ★What You Get: 10PCS CR2032 Batteries in Exact Blister Pack
- IN THE BOX: 4-pack of CR2032 3 volt lithium coin cell batteries; replacement for BR2032, DL2032, and ECR2032
- DEVICE COMPATIBLE: Ideal for watches, calculators, key fobs, Apple TV remotes, and other small electronics
- DESIGNED TO LAST: 8-year leak-free shelf life
- EASY IDENTIFICATION: Engraved with battery model for quick identification
- ★If your device uses any of the following batteries, this is what you are looking for : LR44,CR44,SR44,357,SR44W,AG13,G13,A76,A-76,PX76,675,1166a,LR44H,V13GA,GP76A,L1154,RW82B,EPX76,SR44SW,303,SR44,S303,S357,SP303,SR44SW
- ★High Quality: Tested under Strict Quality Control Standards. CE and ROHS Certified. Grade A cells LR44 Ensure Longer Battery Life and Long Lasting Power
- ★Get the Exact Fresh LR44 Battery, Have Full 1.5 Volts Charge, 3 Years Shelf Life
- ★Primarily Used in Many Small Electronics, Watch, Calculators, Toys, Watch,Laser Pointers, Children Books, Medical Devices and so on
- ★What You Get: 20PCS LR44 Batteries in Exact Blister Pack
- Duracell AAA Batteries: The Duracell CopperTop Triple A alkaline battery is designed for use in household items like remotes, toys, and more.
- Duracell guarantees these batteries against defects in material and workmanship. Should any device be damaged due to a battery defect, we will repair or replace it at our option.
- Long Lasting Power: Duracell alkaline batteries are designed and developed for long lasting performance.
- Guaranteed for 10 years in Storage: Duracell AAA alkaline batteries are guaranteed for 10 years in storage.
- Duracell CopperTop batteries are available in Double A (AA), Triple A (AAA), C, D and 9V sizes.
- 24 pack of Energizer MAX AA Alkaline Batteries, Batteries AA Size
- Energizer's longest-lasting MAX AA batteries provide dependable power - up to 50% longer lasting than EVEREADY GOLD in demanding devices
- The power you depend on for your double A devices, from toys and flashlights to everyday items like remotes
- These Energizer AA batteries hold power for up to 10 years in storage
- Energizer MAX AA batteries are designed to protect your devices against damaging leaks for up to two years after fully used
- Duracell AA Batteries: The Duracell CopperTop Double A alkaline battery is designed for use in household items like remotes, toys, and more
- Duracell guarantees these batteries against defects in material and workmanship. Should any device be damaged due to a battery defect, we will repair or replace it at our option
- Long Lasting Power: Duracell alkaline batteries are designed and developed for long lasting performance
- Guaranteed for 10 years in Storage: Duracell AA alkaline batteries are guaranteed for 10 years in storage
- Duracell CopperTop batteries are available in Double A (AA), Triple A (AAA), C, D and 9V sizes
- IN THE BOX: 100-pack of 1.5 volt AAA alkaline batteries for reliable performance across a wide range of devices
- DEVICE COMPATIBLE: Ideal for game controllers, toys, flashlights, digital cameras, clocks, and more
- DESIGNED TO LAST: 10-year leak-free shelf life; store for emergencies or use right away
- EASY USE & STORAGE: Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- SINGLE USE: These batteries are NOT rechargeable; for rechargeable options, check out Amazon Basics rechargeable batteries
- 24 Pack of Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA Batteries
- Leak proof construction protects the devices you love (based on standard use)
- Powers your most critical devices ideal for your smart home devices, outdoor surveillance systems, digital cameras, and handheld games
- Holds power up to 20 years in storage for trustworthy backup energy, so you’re always prepared. Warning: Risk of fire. Battery can explode or leak and cause injury if installed backwards, disassembled, charged, crushed, mixed with used or other battery types, or exposed to fire or high temperature
- Performs in extreme temperatures, from -40F to 140° F, for year round, indoor and outdoor use
Last update on 2022-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2022-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API