January 15, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V012000
The operator may not have access to the rated capacity information while they are operating the equipment in combined use, increasing the risk of an injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V012
Manufacturer Altec Industries, Inc.
Components UNKNOWN OR OTHER, EQUIPMENT
Potential Number of Units Affected 213
Altec Industries, Inc. (Altec) is recalling certain 2016-2020 DH-B Series, DH-E Series, and D3000-E digger derricks set up for combined use and equipped with radio remote upper controls. These units only have the derrick use capacity chart and do not have the combined use capacity chart.
Altec will notify owners, and will require them to attach a capacity placard to the radio remote using a lanyard if it is missing, free of charge. The recall began on March 16, 2021. Owners may contact Altec customer service at 1-877-462-5832. Altec's number for this recall is CSN 792.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice applies to your vehicle. See attached serial number list.
NHTSA Safety Recall
March 15, 2021
Dear Altec Owner,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act, and Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Altec Industries, Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain DH-XXB, DH-XXE, and D30XXE series derricks. These units are equipped with a radio control transmitter for use as the upper controls by an operator in the platform. However, the capacity chart for combined digger derrick and platform use was not provided on these units. Thus the operator does not have access to the rated capacity information required to maintain stability during operation from the platform. Death or serious injury can result from the lack of proper stability.
Refer to CSN 792 for the items covered under the warranty policy. Altec will supply, free of charge, the necessary parts to correct this condition.
In order to determine if your unit is affected by CSN 792, compare the serial number of your unit with the list of affected units attached to the CSN. The repair can be performed by the customer or you may contact Altec at 1-877-GO-ALTEC (1-877-462-5832) for further assistance. The repair is expected to take 1/2 hour to complete.
At any time, you may contact Altec at 1-877 GO ALTEC (1-877-462-5832) with your unit’s serial number to determine if there are any other outstanding notices.
For US owners: after contacting Altec, if you are still not able to have the safety condition remedied without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a complaint to: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20590 or call toll-free 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153) or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
For Canadian Owners: if you are still not able to have the safety condition remedied by your dealer within a reasonable time, please contact Altec Customer Service at 1-877-GO-ALTEC (1-877-462-5832).
If you had this repair performed before you received this letter, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall. If you have sold or retired the unit please call Altec at 1-877-GO-ALTEC (1-877-462-5832) so the records may be changed.
If you have leased this equipment to another person or company, you are required by Federal Law to forward a copy of this notice to the lessee by first class mail within ten (10) days of the receipt of this notice.
We are sorry to cause this inconvenience; however we are taking this action in the interest of your safety and continued satisfaction with Altec products. Thank you for your immediate attention on this important matter.
Units Affected: DH-XXB, DH-XXE, and D30XXE series derricks built from August 2016 to September 2020 equipped with radio controls for use from platform (Verify that your unit serial number is affected by reviewing the attached list in this CSN or by accessing your fleet on connect.altec.com/login)
Derrick Combined Use Capacity Placard Installation
Altec is committed to providing our customers safe and reliable products from initial delivery throughout the useful life of the machine.
The affected units are equipped with a radio control transmitter for use as the upper controls by an operator in the platform. Altec has discovered that the capacity chart for combined digger derrick and platform use was not provided on these units. Thus the operator does not have access to the rated capacity information required to maintain stability during operation from the platform. Death or serious injury can result from the lack of proper stability.
A kit will be provided by Altec for installation of the required combined use capacity placards. Altec requires that the kit be installed on each unit no later than the next regular maintenance interval or 90 days of the receipt of this CSN, whichever comes first. Call 1-877-GO ALTEC (1-877-462-5832) to order the correct Derrick Combined Use Capacity Placard kit for your unit using the list provided on page 2.
This repair is covered under the Altec Warranty Policy and can be performed by Altec, the customer, or the customer’s warranty provider. Altec will perform the repair for free at an Altec facility. If the customer or the customer’s warranty provider performs the repair, a warranty claim must be submitted to be reimbursed for the cost of the parts and/or labor. Altec will allow up to $45 for the labor to perform this repair. Call 1-877-GO ALTEC (1-877-462-5832) to schedule the work to be done by an Altec service technician. Customers are responsible for the travel costs of an Altec Mobile Service technician if the technician performs the inspection or repair at the owner’s location.
|Altec Use Only|
|Inspection labor||0.0 hr|
|Repair labor||0.5 hr|
|Prime fail P/N||N/A|
|Altec Use Only|
|Parts Kit||Part No.||Qty||Warranty|
|See list on page 2||As Required||1||Yes|
Derrick Combined Use Capacity Placard Kits
|Model||Winch Type||Kit Part Number|
5 Affected Products
4 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V012-4260
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-21V012-3203
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-1RCLQRT-21V012-6442
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- FALL PROTECTION COMBO - The KwikSafety HURRICANE Fall Protection COMBO is the ultimate bang for your buck, high value PPE products all bundled into one! Each Kit comes with a: 3D HURRICANE Safety Harness, and a 6’ RATTLER Safety Lanyard. Truly the perfect Construction / Roofing / Roofer tool kit for a great value.
- ANSI COMPLIANT - All of the items in the HURRICANE COMBO are ANSI/ASSE and OSHA compliant, A personal fall arrest system is required when working 6ft. or more above lower levels & usually consist of a full body harness, a declaration device, a lanyard and an anchor point. Construction, Arborist, Window Washer, Gutter Cleaning, Roofing, Search and Rescue.
- SAFETY HARNESS - The KwikSafety HURRICANE Full Body 3D Ring Safety Harness supports users within the capacity range of 130 to 310 pounds (59 to 140 kg). To ensure proper fit, ensure that all pass-through connectors are connected and aligned, leg and shoulder straps are snug, and chest straps are in the center of the chest area.
- SAFETY LANYARD - The internal shock-absorbing lanyard makes the RATTLER a more lightweight fall protection device. The dual-action, double-locking snap hooks prevent accidental rollout while remaining easy to latch on to your anchor point. The RATTLER has a 310 lb max capacity and the tensile strength (max load) for the snap hook is rated at 5,000 pounds with a gate strength of 3,600 pounds. The tool lanyard attachment has 2:1 Safety Factor and can hold tools up to 10 pounds.
- KwikSafety products are proudly designed & shipped from Charlotte, NC, USA. Our Charlotte-based team will quickly answer any and all of your questions and concerns about your order in English or Spanish, si habla Espanol (arnes de seguridad, arnés de protección contra caídas). KwikSafety products are premium stylish safety products designed by Americans with American Standard level of quality. If you have a problem, we have a solution.
- FULL ON FALL PROTECTION: You’re ready to work hard up high right off the bat with KwikSafety’s SCORPION Fall Protection System. The integrated single-leg lanyard and snap hook attached to the safety harness give you a complete safety package that’s ready and proven to perform in the worst-case scenario.
- GET HOOKED: The internal shock-absorbing lanyard makes the SCORPION a more lightweight fall protection device. A dual-action, double-locking snap hook prevents accidental rollout while remaining easy to latch on to your anchor point. Tensile strength (max load) for the snap hook is rated at 5,000 pounds with a gate strength of 3,600 pounds. Meets American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z359.12 standards.
- WE MET THE STANDARD, THEN ROSE ABOVE IT: ANSI/ ASSE Z359.11-2014 -- All of KwikSafety’s full-body harnesses have undergone the “Qualification and Verification Testing of Fall Protection Products.” The SCORPION System exceeds the already-rigorous ANSI testing standards and is heavy-duty, high-performance fall protection you can trust to have your back. View the Compliance Label/ Safety Label for more information.
- PROPER FIT, PROPER PERFORMANCE: Correct fit is essential for proper performance. Our KwikSafety SCORPION full body harness and lanyard system supports users within the capacity range of 130 to 310 pounds (59 to 140 kg). To ensure proper fit, see that all buckles are connected and aligned, leg and shoulder straps are snug, and chest straps are in the center of the chest area.
- OSHA APPROVED: The Occupational Safety & Health Administration assures men and women safe and healthful working conditions by setting standards and providing training, outreach, education, and assistance. A personal fall arrest system is required when working 6ft. or more above lower levels. The SCORPION System is ideal for construction, arborist work, high-rise window cleaning, gutter cleaning, roofing and thatching, and Search and Rescue.
- WELKFORDER Full Body Harness Kit Permanent have the fully passed test report performed at laboratory in accordance with ANSI/ASSE Z359.11-2014 & ANSI Z359.13-2013. Applied to Construction, Climbing, Roofing, Camping, Window cleaning, and Surveyor etc. Packed in Nonwoven Bag.
- WELKFORDER Full Body Harness Kit Permanent are used for fall arrest, travel restraint, suspension applications. When supported by the dorsal attachment during a fall, the design of our Full Body Harness directs load through the shoulder straps supporting the user, and around the thighs. The Shock Absorbers have a maximum deployment distance of 48 inch/1.2m & average arresting force 900lbs after a fall occurred. Each of our harness kit is Individually inspected.
- WELKFORDER Full Body Harness has one dorsal D-Ring with Min. Breaking strength 5000lbs/22KN. Five Adjusting mating buckles with stamping steel material are of Min. Breaking strength 4000lbs/18KN. Snap Hook used on Shock Absorber Stretchable Lanyard are self-locking with minimal tensile break strength of 5,000 lb. and a 3,600 lb. gate rating. All Metal Components are ANSI/ASSE Z359.12-2009 Compliant provide both premium comfort and safety.
- WELKFORDER Full Body Harness Kit Permanent Webbing is made from pure, non-recycled synthetic material having the strength, aging, abrasion and heat resistance characteristics with high tensile strength more than 22KN/5000lbs. All structural stitching patterns are of high breaking strength 4000lbs/18KN to keep you safe, secure and supported. All Kit straps are inspected for tears, cuts, fraying, abrasion, discoloration, or other signs of wear and damage.
- WELKFORDER Full Body Harness Kits are ANSI/ ASSE Z359.11-2014, ANSI Z359.13-2013 and OSHA 1926.502(d) (16) complaint. This harness Kit must be used by a Competent Person. Or the user must read and fully understand the limitations and proper use of the Fall protection equipment, and be properly trained by the Competent Person prior to use.
- Part number:111415
- Application: for Genie Straight Booms Lifts S-40
- Publishing, OnPoint (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 208 Pages - 07/17/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- See 2nd product picture for how to measure then refer to size chart in product description; Measure from around your lower back to under your belly; Do not choose according to your maternity pants or trousers
- Fully adjustable to accommodate abdominal growth throughout pregnancy; Features new reinforced hooks and loops fabric fasteners
- Breathable fabric constructed of a multilayered laminate with an elastic lining
- Designed for walking or standing position; Detach the hooks and loops fabric when sitting
- Supports the lower back by redistributing pressure more evenly on the surface area the back support covers
- 💕FABRIC TAPE &MEDICAL GRADE MATERIAL：Made of 100% Professional grade cloth and medical grade glue.Thin design makes it suit for backless/strapless dresses, t-shirts, wedding gowns, sports bras, & swimsuits.Give you a natural, more youthful appearance，Flesh TAN color, very thin so it isn't easy to detect and It has a strong adhesion and does not fall off easily like gaffer tape. attached to the body like second skin.
- 💕MULTI-FUNCTIONAL TAPE& WATERPROOF：It can be attached to your feet and protects your feet from being broken by shoes. Elastic cloth sports tape, you can fix your muscle tissue during exercise and will not be easily pulled.And it's waterproof，When you are wet with it, it will not fall off easily and For swimsuits.
- 💕SIZE：Designed for large size breasts, it is suitable for E cups and E cups+ Size.（Enough length and width can make you more convenient to use.） does not irritate skin, Excellent quality safe Professional grade adhesive adheres to both skin and fabric.
- 💕DIY BREAST JOB! : You can use the length and width of the tape according to your needs.Help you lift your BREAST,If you are larger than or equal to the size of the d cup, you can apply it multiple times from the side and below to lift your BREAST.It can really stick to the skin firmly.Better than gaffer tape.
- 💕SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK : Email us or leave questions on our product page, We will be happy to asist you.(SATISFACCIÓN O DINERO ATRÁS)
- Part number:111415
- Application: for Genie Articulating Booms Lifts Z-45
- 【MATERIAI】Heavy duty steel Construction is durable,Aerial Rails 36"x36",Lift Basket 1150LBS Capacity.
- 【SAFE DESIGN】The side of the forklift safety cage is equipped with safety pins, which is flexible and practical.The bottom of the non-slip counter top, the height of the protective fence is 1000 mm, which exceeds the balance point for safety. The contact part of the manned platform and the forklift has safety pins to ensure safety.
- 【INSTALLATION AND STORAGE】Forklift safety cage work platform is easy to disassemble and install, small storage space, fold and store when not in use, three-side protection, two built-in chains, easy to get in and out.Equipped with safety devices, double protection, beautiful overall structure, no need to install, it can be used directly after opening.
- 【EASY TO USE】The full-length pallet socket at the bottom of the forklift safety cage can be easily installed on the forklift and can be used with any standard forklift. Cooperate with forklift lifting, high-altitude operation safety protection to prevent unbalanced high-altitude operators.The product includes a Forklift Safety Cage and three chains.
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】The forklift safety cage work platform is very suitable for most aerial work and maintenance work, such as changing lights, painting, roof repairs or tree services. The applicable places are also very wide, such as warehouses, construction sites, farms and so on.
- ✅COMFORT – Engineered with plush pads for added comfort and delivers relief to shoulders and upper back. The reinforced foam shoulder pads provides added comfort. Wicking material averts the harness from sweat and moisture deterioration. Constructed with an extra-wide waist belt for major back support. Waist belt side belt straps designed thinner to allow for better lateral movements. Waist belt includes vertical cushions to soothe the lower back.
- ✅SAFE – Standout and be easily spotted with our high-visibility orange harness. Alloy steel D-rings ensures all weather performance preventing corrosion against all weather conditions. Rugged construction endures rough use, standing up to long periods of outdoor elements including sun exposure without tearing or fraying for added longevity.
- ✅RELIABLE – Upgraded braided webbing designed with a high-tension stitching pattern for maximum security and a tensile strength of over 5,000 lbs.! The tough webbing is highly resistant to abrasion, aging, and won’t soften from frequent use. This webbing has low shrink properties and a high-temperature threshold. Our harnesses have a build quality that is second-to-none, backed by decades of design, research, manufacturing know-how and on-the-job performance.
- ✅CONVENIENT – The AFP 6 FT Internal Shock Absorbing Lanyards are made with lightweight, heavy-duty, high-strength outer polyester webbing and a polyester core specially sewn in to reduce impact forces, with two substantially secure heavy-duty double-locking gates.
- ✅DURABLE – The tough webbing is highly resistant to abrasion, aging, and won’t soften from frequent use. This webbing has low shrink properties and a high temperature threshold.
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API