March 13, 2019
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V198
Manufacturer Transportation Collaborative, Inc.
Components EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE
Potential Number of Units Affected 3
Transportation Collaborative, Inc. (TCI) is recalling certain 2015 and 2017 Transtech Buses equipped with Ricon S-Series and K-Series wheel chair lifts. The wheelchair lift positioning input cam may fail while the lift is in use, allowing the platform to travel higher than the vehicle's floor height. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 403, "Platform Lift Systems."
TCI will notify owners and Ricon dealers will replace the lift positioning input cam, free of charge. The recall began April 24, 2019. Owners may contact TCI customer service at 1-845-988-0419. Transportation Collaborative's number for this recall is 18E-044.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
April 24th, 2019
“IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE”
NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION
RECALL NO: 19V-198
Attention TransTech Bus Dealer:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. No. 577.13, “Notification to dealers and distributors”.
TransTech has determined that the S Series and K Series Titanium Wheel Chair Lifts, specifically K200, K201, K550, K551, S200, S21, S550, and S551 models, have a safety defect which exists.
The population of affected units includes all manufacturing during January 1st, 2012 until May 8th, 2018. The safety defect determined by Ricon Corporation states if a "position input cam" fails, that the lift can continue move upwards past the vehicle floor height if the operator continues to hold the "up" button; the cutoff switch is disabled in this scenario. If the lift is occupied during this failure, the wheelchair occupant can tip inwards towards the vehicle, increasing their risk of injury. Ricon Corporation has only identified the above models and manufacture date range as affected by this failure. All other product/model lifts manufactured by Ricon are not implicated in this recall.
There is no audible or visual warning, which would precede an event. All lift models indicated in this notice are presumed to contain the defect and must be repaired.
Upon receipt of this Recall Notice, Transtech Bus on behalf of Ricon Corporation is requesting that you provide notification of this Safety Recall and Recall Parts Request Form (if applicable) to your customer/owner of the subjected lifts.
To correct this condition, Ricon Corporation has provided TransTech Bus with the necessary repair kits. TransTech Bus will help identify the nearest Authorized Ricon Dealer (if you are not one) and schedule to have the repairs performed on affected vehicles, or perform the repairs as an Authorized Ricon Dealer on the affected vehicles.
TransTech Bus will affect repairs relating to this recall, at no cost to you the vehicle owner, upon receipt of the response card. An Authorized Ricon Dealer will perform this repair for you, at no cost. The time required to replace the affected parts is 0.75HR, up to 2.00HR depending on accessibility to affected area (dependent on revision of model).
Upon completion of the requisite service work, TransTech Bus will ask that the Dealer/ Service Agent or Customer file a claim with TransTech Bus (if applicable) customer service for warranty reimbursement, referencing Recall # 19V-198 the claim.
If repairs or modifications outlined by this notice have been preformed prior to the receipt of this recall notification, complete the prepaid response card and the reimbursement form included with this letter with a copy of the work order or invoice to Transportation Collaborative Inc for reimbursement.
Also enclosed with this letter are copies of the information that will be sent to each customer. Should you have any vehicles in your stock that require the recall service work, please make certain that these vehicles are corrected. As per Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 577.13 which states that it is a, “violation of Federal Law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used (including tire) covered by the notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied”.
If you have any questions about this recall, please call TransTech Bus. Customer Service at 1845-988-0440.
Trans Tech Bus; a TCI Company
2 Affected Products
|TRANS TECH||CST||2015, 2017|
3 Associated Documents
Miscellaneous Document- Recall Response Card
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 403
Miscellaneous Document- Final Dealer Notification
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
Latest Recalls Documents
- MOUNTED CARGO HITCH CARRIER: Designed with easy loading and transporting in mind, our cargo carrier comes equipped with a 42” long loading ramp for wheelchairs, scooters, lawn mowers, small wheeled equipment that also folds up towards the carrier platform after equipment is loaded. Fits into a 2” Class III receiver only, will not work in 1 ¼” hitches.
- MAXIMUM 500LB CAPACITY: This folding cargo carrier can support up to 500 lbs due to its heavy duty steel construction. Use easily as a wheelchair ramp or hitch luggage rack. Weight must be centered and evenly distributed on the platform.
- EASY TO USE: Spring loaded locking pins make this hitch hauler easy to fold, open and lock the ramp in place when in use and carrier folds up towards the vehicle when not in use and storage.
- SAFETY AND SECURITY: Two round reflectors are located on the back for visibility and safety when using at night. With 10 tie down points available for safety straps you will have plenty of ways to secure your cargo.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT: Outside dimensions of the cargo carrier measure 48" long x 27 ¾” wide x 4" high with the platform measuring 46.5" long x 27 ½" wide and the ramp measures 42" long. Total weight of carrier is 75 lbs.
- PREMIUM MATERIAL LIFT SLING TRANSFER BELT - Constructed with strong nylon webbing, the belt stitching is reinforced for exceptional durability. The transfer gait belt back is four inches wide to provide a comfortable experience with greater area of contact to easily disperse pressure. The extra width also enables the belt to handle a higher weight load and not ride up on the patient’s sides.
- GAIT BELT TRANSFER BELTS MAKE TRANSFERS EASIER - Simple, lightweight and convenient. Aids with transitions from bed, chair, car, walker, bathroom, etc. Versatile—use to also help re position in bed, chair.
- HELPS PREVENT CAREGIVER STRAIN - The most common injuries caregivers experience are to the back, neck, and shoulders, often caused by lifting/ pulling motions. Proper use of the Transfer Belt/Sling by Shorewood Medical can help prevent these strains.
- COMFORTABLE, WIDE DESIGN - Non slip and PADDED. Unlike some belts, which can be difficult to fasten and put force on a small area, this Transfer sling/belt is wide and comfortable and won’t slide up.
- WARRANTY - If you are not satisfaction with our transfer aid sling in anytime, feel free to contact us, you will get a full refund or a new replacement with no question asked.
- Freedom Auto Lift with a Class III Hitch receiver configuration (VITAL INFO NEEDED)
- Aluminum deck size 27.5" X 39", Adjustable cradle extends up to 46” - adapts to a three or four-wheel scooter without scooter modifications
- Weight-Sensitive Platform, automatically folds when lifted without a scooter on the platform
- Easy to Install & Adjust, can also be reinstalled if you purchase a new vehicle
- License plate mount included - Made in the USA - weight capacity 350 lbs.
- This Prohoists wheelchair carrier is designed to allow easy loading and transporting of your wheelchair, scooter or other item. Each carrier includes a extra long 5' ramp when fully extended. It quickly folds and locks for transporting. The ramp will also detach if not needed or for storage.
- The entire carrier has the option of tilting upward and locking in the upright position for transporting without a load. This allows more parking room within your garage or elsewhere. Quick release spring loaded pins allow for easy unlocking of the ramp.
- Large hand cut-outs allow easy lifting of the carrier. Each cut-out has a rubber insert for padding. Handles also allow easy controlled lifting of the carrier.
- Anti-Wobble Device fuses the carrier and the trailer hitch receiver together to reduce movement and prevent trailer hitch receiver damage. Reflectors Included For Your Safety.
- Inside (usable) platform measurements: 46.5" width X 28" length X 4" high rail. Please note that this item requires a Class III 2 inch hitch.
- Easily carry scooters and wheelchairs behind any car or truck with a Class III or IV 2" hitch receiver
- Folds upright against vehicle when not in use to make driving and parking easier
- Includes an anti-rattle device, 5/8" hitch pin, exclusive ergonomically designed T-handle spring pull pin and 10 tie-down points for maximum security
- Manufactured from durable, powder-coated steel with a 400 lb. weight capacity
- Platform measures 48" L x 27-3/4" W, loading ramp measures 42" L x 27-1/2" W
- 【Specifications】The wheelchair ramp flex size is from 4.2' to 10' , using height range is 9.8''-29.5''.Recommended using height is 19.7'',you can choose according to the actual situation.
- 【Lightweight & Portable】The wheelchair ramp is lightweight and portable threshold ramp, made from non-rust, slip-proof and water-resistant aluminum.
- 【Versatile use】This wheelchair ramp is made for doorways,steps,stairs,trucks,scooters,perfect for use in any area, both indoors and outdoors.
- 【Adjustable length】All locks in the wheelchair ramp are made of stainless steel. The bending degree of the locks in the ramp can be adjusted by using tools.You can use the locks to make the wheelchair ramp at any length you want.
- 【Durable Aluminum】Durable aluminum construction holds up to 600 lb capacity making it perfectly used for scooters and manual wheelchairs.Before purchasing, please measure the size you want to used to, make sure that our product size is suitable for the place you want to use.
- Non Skid Portable Wheelchair Ramp Is Perfect for Steps, Curbs, Vehicles and More With Non Skid U Shaped Tracks for Added Safety and Stability. Dimensions of One Ramp: 7 Inch x 3 Feet 5 Feet With a 4.5 Inch Inside Width
- Easily Adjustable, Telescoping, and Retractable for Easy and Convenient Storage at Home, in Vehicles, and More. Adjusts From 3 to 5 Feet With Simple Push Button Lock Mechanism
- RUST RESISTANT, DURABLE, AND LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM construction as each wheelchair ramp can support up to 300 pounds, totaling 600 pounds between them, but only weighs 6 pounds each
- NO TOOL EASY ASSEMBLY AND INCLUDES NYLON STORAGE BAG making it great for travel, transporting, and storing. Inner track sized at 4 inches wide with track rails 2.25 inches high
- WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE: Amazon Exclusive Limited warranty may apply. Please see product for additional details. Note: we can only guarantee the quality of this product when sold through Amazon.com or Brazos Walking Sticks
- ★ HITCH CARGO FOLDABLE RACK WITH RAMP ------ Made for easy loading and transporting of your power wheelchair, medical mobility scooter, lawn mower and garden equipment, and small wheeled devices.
- ★ 500LB DISTRIBUTED CAPACITY ------ Made of heavy duty steel. Keep its balance for the cargo load is important and heavy duty cargo should be strapped in the middle position.
- ★GREAT ADVANTAGES ------ ① High folding leg can get farther from the ground and fold up carrier. ②Spring Hook Design: Easy to fold, open and lock the ramp when in use or not . ③Matt Black Powder Coating for rustproof and anti-scratches. ④12 Tie-down points for extra security.
- ★CARGO BASKET DIAMENTION ------ 50" L x 28" W ; ramp measures 42" L x 27.3" W. Folding hitch basket fits 2” vehicle receivers, high folding leg help you to get more far from ground.
- ★HIGHLY SAFETY ------2 Red reflectors for increased road safety. Our hitch mounted cargo carrier with ramp is backed by our manufacturer 1-year money back guarantee with a Lifetime free replacement warranty.
- Reinforced webbing around rigid yet adjustable metal rod and loop design ensures secure and safe grasp when transferring leg to and from different locations, such as a bed, wheelchair, car seat, or chair
- Simple device features a rope with a webbed loop for hands, a fully adjustable metal rod in the center and foot portion, and a foot loop opening with grips to prevent foot sliding out of loop
- Ideal for patients and individuals who require assistance lifting their legs and feet, such as those in assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and independent care
- Leg lifter aid includes hand loop with flexible webbing for comfortable grip that can easily adjust the length of the rope
- 41" long model extends user reach to assist in lifting each leg one at a time for help with mobility
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API