March 13, 2019
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V198
Manufacturer Transportation Collaborative, Inc.
Components EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE
Potential Number of Units Affected 3
Transportation Collaborative, Inc. (TCI) is recalling certain 2015 and 2017 Transtech Buses equipped with Ricon S-Series and K-Series wheel chair lifts. The wheelchair lift positioning input cam may fail while the lift is in use, allowing the platform to travel higher than the vehicle's floor height. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 403, "Platform Lift Systems."
TCI will notify owners and Ricon dealers will replace the lift positioning input cam, free of charge. The recall began April 24, 2019. Owners may contact TCI customer service at 1-845-988-0419. Transportation Collaborative's number for this recall is 18E-044.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
April 24th, 2019
“IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE”
NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION
RECALL NO: 19V-198
Attention TransTech Bus Dealer:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. No. 577.13, “Notification to dealers and distributors”.
TransTech has determined that the S Series and K Series Titanium Wheel Chair Lifts, specifically K200, K201, K550, K551, S200, S21, S550, and S551 models, have a safety defect which exists.
The population of affected units includes all manufacturing during January 1st, 2012 until May 8th, 2018. The safety defect determined by Ricon Corporation states if a "position input cam" fails, that the lift can continue move upwards past the vehicle floor height if the operator continues to hold the "up" button; the cutoff switch is disabled in this scenario. If the lift is occupied during this failure, the wheelchair occupant can tip inwards towards the vehicle, increasing their risk of injury. Ricon Corporation has only identified the above models and manufacture date range as affected by this failure. All other product/model lifts manufactured by Ricon are not implicated in this recall.
There is no audible or visual warning, which would precede an event. All lift models indicated in this notice are presumed to contain the defect and must be repaired.
Upon receipt of this Recall Notice, Transtech Bus on behalf of Ricon Corporation is requesting that you provide notification of this Safety Recall and Recall Parts Request Form (if applicable) to your customer/owner of the subjected lifts.
To correct this condition, Ricon Corporation has provided TransTech Bus with the necessary repair kits. TransTech Bus will help identify the nearest Authorized Ricon Dealer (if you are not one) and schedule to have the repairs performed on affected vehicles, or perform the repairs as an Authorized Ricon Dealer on the affected vehicles.
TransTech Bus will affect repairs relating to this recall, at no cost to you the vehicle owner, upon receipt of the response card. An Authorized Ricon Dealer will perform this repair for you, at no cost. The time required to replace the affected parts is 0.75HR, up to 2.00HR depending on accessibility to affected area (dependent on revision of model).
Upon completion of the requisite service work, TransTech Bus will ask that the Dealer/ Service Agent or Customer file a claim with TransTech Bus (if applicable) customer service for warranty reimbursement, referencing Recall # 19V-198 the claim.
If repairs or modifications outlined by this notice have been preformed prior to the receipt of this recall notification, complete the prepaid response card and the reimbursement form included with this letter with a copy of the work order or invoice to Transportation Collaborative Inc for reimbursement.
Also enclosed with this letter are copies of the information that will be sent to each customer. Should you have any vehicles in your stock that require the recall service work, please make certain that these vehicles are corrected. As per Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 577.13 which states that it is a, “violation of Federal Law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used (including tire) covered by the notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied”.
If you have any questions about this recall, please call TransTech Bus. Customer Service at 1845-988-0440.
Trans Tech Bus; a TCI Company
2 Affected Products
|TRANS TECH||CST||2015, 2017|
3 Associated Documents
Miscellaneous Document- Recall Response CardRMISC-19V198-1591
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 403RCLRPT-19V198-1284
Miscellaneous Document- Final Dealer Notification
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
Latest Recalls Documents
- Durable black powder coated finish,heavy duty steel construction. It can be used as a carrier and a ramp; simply attach it to your hitch. Provides instant cargo space when your car is out of space.
- Folding ramp can also be locked flat when not in use. 3-position carrier (closed flat, open L-shape & open flat.Tie down straps can be hooked onto any of the tie down holes featured on the ramp sides. Handle on the ramp for easy folding and unfolding.
- Fits All 2" Receiver, Hitch Class III Or IV. Has a 3 inch safety rail. Highly recommended for heavy duty cargo like generator to fix in the middle position.
- Weight Capacity of Ramp: Up to 400 lbs.Total length of ramp when expended is 38.7 inch. Total weight of carrier 75 Lbs; Weight of ramp (gate) 16 lbs.
- Never exceed the rated capacities of your hitch. Hitch tightener is required to prevent the rack from wobbling,anti wobble plate is not included.
- Swing away joint is included - class iii hitch configuration
- Platform: 27.5"w x 39"l adjustable to 46”l - carries most 3 & 4-wheel scooters
- Positive lock-down systems that secures the scooter without additional tie-downs
- Weight-sensitive platform, automatically folds when lifted without a scooter on the platform
- For wheelchair, transport chair, side-fold rollator
- Fits 1¼" Hitch Receiver. 2"Adapter available
- Car carrier rack allows fully visible taillights
- Hitch-Mount -- full trunk access when not in use
- Keeps Your Mobility Device Safe and Secure
- 【Foldable Design】Goplus wheelchair carrier is a perfect loading solution, this carrier can be folded easily, doesn't take up much space.
- 【Perfect for Many Equipment】This wheelchair carrier is made for easy loading and transporting of wheelchair, mobility scooter, or other similar equipments.
- 【Applicable to a Variety of Vehicles】This carrier is made for cars, trucks, SUVs, or vans, which is really useful and practical.
- 【Large Loading Capacity】Goplus wheelchair carrier is made of heavy duty steel, very durable for using. Weight capacity is up to 500 lbs, this carrier can meet many carrying and loading need in daily life.
- 【Features Integrated Ramps】The Goplus wheelchair carrier can fold up and out into 3 different positions. The first position keeps the ramp folded flat to the carrier surface and held down with a spring pull pin. The second ramp position allows the ramp to stand up straight when a mobility device is on the carrier. The last position is the ramp unfolded.
- PLEASE MEASURE YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE PURCHASING OUR PRODUCT because our product DOES NOT fit all vehicles. Reference our Slide 'n Ride Measurement Guide. Compatible with many sedans and a some LOWER height SUV's, Vans, and Trucks.
- A transfer seat that is safer and more stable than a transfer board. Use your upper body strength or caregiver assistance to shuffle from our product into and out of a vehicle. Weighs (14 lbs.), folds, and easily stores behind the seat or in the trunk. 500lb. Rated.
- Helps caregivers safely assist passengers while entering and exiting a vehicle. The Slide 'n Ride sets up to a FIXED position and needs to be at the SAME height as the Vehicle's seat (PLEASE MEASURE your vehicle). Seat DOES NOT SWIVEL and there is no back support where assistance may be needed. Smaller stature people may still need a step or assistance getting onto and off the Slide 'n Ride. May not work for people in long leg braces.
- Durable engineering with stainless steel components and patented latching system. Each leg is independently adjustable in 1" increments. Overall MAX height from the ground to the top of the Vehicle seat is 26-1/2". Height range inside the vehicle is 7" to 9" MAX from the top of the Vehicle seat to the floor board.
- Health & Flexible Savings Account eligible and saves on the cost of medical transportation. PLEASE Measure your vehicle according to the measurement guide BEFORE you buy! Does NOT fit every vehicle.
- Freedom Auto Lift with a Class III Hitch receiver configuration (VITAL INFO NEEDED)
- Aluminum deck size 27.5" X 39", Adjustable cradle extends up to 46” - adapts to a three or four-wheel scooter without scooter modifications
- Weight-Sensitive Platform, automatically folds when lifted without a scooter on the platform
- Easy to Install & Adjust, can also be reinstalled if you purchase a new vehicle
- License plate mount included - Made in the USA - weight capacity 350 lbs.
- Fits all 2" x 2" Class III and IV hitch receivers
- Inside carrier size: 47" long x 27-3/4" x 7-1/2" deep; Overall carrier size: 50" x 29. 5" x 7. 5"
- Maximum distributed weight capacity: 500 lbs
- Lightweight easy-to-clean, rust-proof aluminum basket with anchor points for securing loads
- Reflectors for increased road safety. Ramp does NOT fold down.
- TRANSPORTS MOST SCOOTERS & WHEELCHAIRS: Maneuvering a wheelchair can be difficult enough on its own. Transporting it shouldnt bring you extra stress. Our medical rack can support most power scooters and electric wheelchairs. Just load your wheelchair onto this mobile ramp and youre ready to go! Experience it for yourself. Order today.
- EASY USE: This mobility ramp is for use with 2" class III or IV trailer hitches. It is not for use with 1 1/4inch hitches. It can fold up flat and vertically against the rear of the vehicle when not in use. The ramp features a quick action spring pull pin that secures the ramp for transport, making travel more convenient for you.
- HEAVYDUTY STEEL: Steel is a metal that is renowned for its ability to bear heavy loads. Our mobile ramp is constructed from heavyduty steel, giving it an impressive weight capacity of 500 pounds. Because its made of steel, it will resist corrosion, bending, and bowing. This foldable carrier can give you several years of use.
- MEASUREMENTS: The MC500 carrier weighs approximately 86 pounds. It measures at 46.5 inches in length and 28 inches in width. It has a tray depth of 4 1/4 inches. Your mobile scooter or wheelchair will fit nicely on the tray. The ramps compact size is perfect for travel and transportation. It wont feel bulky or overbearing whenever you drive.
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API