August 4, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V579000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V579
Manufacturer Blue Bird Body Company
Components FUEL SYSTEM, OTHER
Potential Number of Units Affected 4,900
Blue Bird Body Company (Blue Bird) is recalling certain 2017-2023 Blue Bird Vision school buses equipped with Roush fuel return lines included in GEN 4 and GEN 5 LPG Conversion Systems that were installed on vehicles sold or registered in Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington D.C., West Virginia, and Wisconsin. The zinc-plating on the fuel return line may break away when contacted by road debris, causing two dissimilar metals on the fuel line to contact each other and corrode.
Dealers will replace the fuel return lines, free of charge. Interim owner notification letters are expected to be mailed on September 28, 2022. Second letters will be mailed when the remedy is available. Owners may contact Blue Bird’s customer service at 1-478-822-2242. Blue Bird’s number for this recall is R22BX-SB.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Roush started to investigate service history, engineering, and supplier quality. Several additional similar warranty claims were reported in 2021.
Spring 2022, Roush had received a total of 19 corrosion warranty claims, with no fires. These claims arose solely in Salt Belt states and involved vehicles with various mileage and manufacturing dates.
Roush began its Salt Belt and non-Salt Belt geographic field and laboratory investigation in 2021. In total, Roush inspected (and rated for degree of corrosion) the fittings on more than 166 representative vehicles as described in the “Describe the Cause” section above. The inspections identified the vehicle make, model, part number, part location, orientation, mileage, alteration date, geographic location, and route characteristics. Some non-leaking fittings observed with exterior corrosion were dissected to ascertain the extent of any internal compromised metal.
Roush also conducted two types of laboratory salt spray testing. The ASTM B117 salt spray testing varied the orientation of the fittings in the salt test chamber (parallel to ground, perpendicular, 45 degrees, reversed male tube directions). Roush’s modified salt spray testing included a road debris pecking simulation. Roush then tested fittings equipped with additional spiral wrap protection, with braided loom protection, and with a combination of the two protections.
Based on the results of its investigation, in late May 2022, Roush decided to submit a 573.
August 1, 2022: Blue Bird Corporation was notified by Roush of the Safety Recall Campaign for return line fittings.
22E049 – Corrosion May Cause Fuel Line Leak – Roush – GEN 4 & GEN 5 LPG Conversion Systems
7 Affected Products
3 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22V579-8949
Recall 573 Report- -8/12/2022
Latest Recalls Documents
- Size: ID: 3/8" (10mm), OD: 5/8 inch (16mm), AN6 Fuel Hose, Length: 10FT.
- Material: This small engine fuel line is made of high-quality NBR, which is oil resistant.
- Working Pressure: 0.6Mpa, Burst Pressure: 1.8Mpa, Temperature Range: -40°F to 248°F.
- Application: Designed for conveying gasoline, diesel, biodiesel fuel, engine oil or water in car, truck, bus, automotive, etc. Please check the pressure of application before purchase.
- How To Use: Use hose barbs and fuel line clamps to install.
- Assortment and Functional: 4 different sizes fuel hose, I.D. x O.D.- 0.08" x 0.14", 3/32" x 3/16", 1/8" x 3/16", 1/8" x 1/4". Versatility small diameter hoses, multiple sizes, more alternative.
- Wide Use Parts: For Poulan, Craftman, STIHL, Husqvarna 2 cycle small engine fuel Line. Used on chainsaw / string trimmer / blower / weedeater / weed whackers and more.
- Quality Material: Excellent and durability tygon petrol fuel line, resist oil and gas, fearless against corrosion, swelling, hardening and low temperature, essential for small engine repair.
- Backup for Maintenance: Variety of sizes almost assure to you needs for motor rebuild. Buy in bulk, no guessing the size of fuel hose.
- What You Get: 4 different sizes, 4 foot long fuel tube, our friendly and prompt customer service. Worthwhile to choose!
- For transfer of petroleum products fuel lines vapor emission lines and vacuum smog control
- ¼ inch inside diameter (.64 CM) and ½ inch outside diameter (1.27)
- Custom Extra long 6 Foot Length (1.82) can be cut to size for all your applications
- For use in mowers tractors snow blowers dirt bikes and just about all small engines
- American Made High Quality Rubber Hose Max 60 PSI @ 70 F Max Temperature of 257F/93C
- For transfer of petroleum products fuel lines vapor emission lines and vacuum smog control.
- Fuel line:1/4 inch inside diameter (0.64 CM) and 1/3 inch outside diameter (0.8CM)；Hose Clamp for 1/4-inch and 3/16-inch Fuel Filter with an Inner Diameter of 2/5-inches
- The Fuel Lines are oil resistant,cold-resistant and ethanol tolerance;Custom Extra long 9.8 Foot Length (3M) can be cut to size for all your applications
- Designed for conveying gasoline, E-85, diesel, and bio-diesel, fuels in mowers tractors snow blowers dirt bikes and just about all small engines
- Package includes:9.8 Feet(3m) 1/4" ID Fuel Line,20 X 2/5" ID Hose Clamps
- Package include the following 4 different size fuel line hose
- I.D. x O.D: .080" x .14", overall length: 4 feet
- I.D. x O.D: 3/32" x 3/16", overall length: 4 feet
- I.D. x O.D: 1/8" x 3/16", overall length: 4 feet
- I.D. x O.D: 1/8" x 1/4", overall length: 4 feet
- 【Upgraded Set】The IZOKEE Package includes 6 Feet 1/4" ID Fuel Line; 2 x 1/4" In-Line Fuel Filters; 10 x 2/5" ID Hose Clamps. Fuel filters and hose clamps are required for the use of fuel line. You do not need to purchase those part extra. The dimensions of the various components within the kit are 100% compatible!
- 【3-layer thickened fuel line】The fuel line is divided into 3-layers: inner pipe, outer pipe and intermediate reinforcing layer. The inner and the outer pipe are made of rubber and the middle reinforcing layer is a woven fiber nylon thread. Wall thickness is 2.94mm. Oil resistant, cold-resistant and ethanol tolerance. 6 Foot / 2 m hose can be cut to size for all your applications.
- 【Fuel Filter】Filter the impurities, dirt, particles in fuel, prevent blockage of carburetor, only allows clean fuel flows in and keep engines at full power.
- 【Hose Clamps】Made of 65Mn Spring Steel, durable and can be reused. Tight clamping force prevents liquid leakage.
- 【Wide Application】Fits selected Briggs & Stratton, Kohler, Craftsman, Simpson, Kawasaki, Husqvarna, Oregon, Stens, Gravley, John Deere, Kubota engines that use this type filter for motorcycle, lawnmower, power equipment and small engines ect.
- 4 Different Size Fuel Line Hose - I.D x O.D: 0.08" x 0.14" (2mm x 3.5mm), 1/8" x 1/4" (3mm x6mm),1/8" x 3/16"(3mm x5mm),3/32" x 3/16" (2.5mm x5mm)
- 4 Feet Long Fuel Line Fuel Hose Fuel Tube
- Our Fuel Hose Line Tube Fits for Most 2 Cycle Small Engines
- Perfect Replacement Fuel Line Set for chainsaws, blowers, weedeater whackers trimmers and other engine machines
- Premium Material petrol fuel line - Oil and gas resistant, corrosion resistant.
- 1/8" Fuel Hose Size: 3.5mm*7.5mm, length: 3 feet; 3/16" Fuel Hose Size: 4.5mm*8.5mm, length: 3 feet
- 0.22"*0.4" Fuel Hose Size: 5.5mm*10.3mm, length: 3 feet; 1/4" Fuel Hose Size: 6mm*12mm, length: 3 feet
- 5/16" Fuel Line Gas Tube Hose Size: 7.3mm*12.5mm, length: 3 feet
- Clamps Clips Size: 7mm, 8mm, 10mm and 12mm, Quantity: 10
- Replace Kawasaki EZGO Polaris Snowmobile Lawn Mowers Tractors Bike Scooter ATV Golf Cart Motorcycle ect. Power Equipment
- 25 Feet of multipurpose fuel hose that can be used as a fuel line, PCV connection, emission control line or fuel return line
- Can be used with unleaded gasoline, diesel fuel, gasoline blends of ethanol (E-10), E-85 and sour gas
- Inner Diameter (ID): 5/16" (.3125") | Outer Diameter (OD): .56"
- Working Pressure: 50 psi | Burst Pressure: 250 psi
- Temperature Range: -40°F to 257°F (-40°C to 125°C)
Last update on 2022-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.