April 3, 2018 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 18V212000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V212
Manufacturer KZRV, L.P.
Potential Number of Units Affected 55
KZRV, L.P. (KZRV) is recalling certain 2018 KZRV Sportsmen Classic recreational trailers, models 130RB and 150RBT. These vehicles are equipped with Norcold N306 mini refrigerators that may have a loose or missing propane gas valve test port screw.
KZRV will notify owners, and dealers will install and tighten the gas valve port screw, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on April 16, 2018. Owners may contact KZRV customer service at 1-800-768-4016 extension 154 or 153. KZRV's number for this recall is KZ-2018-02.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Recreational Vehicle Safety Recall Notice
Safety Recall: 18V-212
Safety Advisory: May 1, 2018
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice applies to your vehicle: «VIN»
«City», «State» «Zip»
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. KZRV has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2018 Model Year KZRV Sportsmen Classic Travel Trailers. As a result, KZRV is conducting a safety recall. We apologize for any inconvenience this action may cause you; however your safety and continued satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us.
|Reason for this recall||The vehicles subject to his recall were built with Norcold N306 Mini Refrigerators with a gas valve test port screw which is loose or missing. If this test port screw is loose or missing and the refrigerator is placed in “gas” mode a propane gas leak can occur. If propane leaks during use it can be ignited, leading to an increased risk of personal injury and/or property damage.|
|What we will do||The remedy is to inspect the refrigerator in your vehicle and tighten or replace the gas valve test port screw. The repair should take approximately 60 minutes to complete.|
|What we need you to do||You should contact your selling dealer immediately to schedule a service appointment to have the defect repaired in your vehicle. If you have questions concerning this recall or if you need any assistance, please contact the KZRV Warranty/Service Department by mail at KZRV, L.P., 0985 N 900 W, Shipshewana, IN 46565, or by phone at (800)768-4016 ext. 154 or 153.|
If you had appropriate repairs completed prior to receipt of this recall notice, and if you incurred any direct cost in connection with obtaining such repair, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement from KZRV by contacting the KZRV Warranty/Service Department.
If after contacting KZRV Customer Service you are still not satisfied we have done our best to remedy this situation, you may also submit a written complaint to: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590. You may call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153; or go to http://www.safercar.gov.) Federal regulations require that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
We apologize for any inconvenience this action may cause you; however your safety and continued satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation in this matter.
General Manager of KZRV Customer Support Group cc: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
1 Affected Product
6 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
Latest Recalls Documents
- 8.0 LBR
- 310326 332418 335648 333264
- COOKING POWER: Up to 10,000 total BTUs
- PRESSURE REGULATOR: Pressure control for consistent performance, even in extreme conditions
- PERFECTHEAT DESIGN: More efficient cooking with less fuel
- 1 ADJUSTABLE BURNER: For precise temperature control; fits an 8 inch pan
- WIND BAFFLES: Shield burner from wind for maximum heat
- Whole home indoor, gas powered tankless water heater, rated at 3.6 GPM that activates only when in use, making it an energy saver.
- For indoor installation with safe, efficient power ventilation and perfect for any small home, cabin or apartment.
- Easy to read digital temperature display, on a compact and space-saving design with minimal noise output.
- Safe electronic ignition system; plugs into standard 120v electrical outlet with UL-listed cord.
- Uses standard 1/2" NPT water fittings and is equipped with easy to use manual water temperature controls.Minimum 0.65 GPM flow rate
- ✓ REPLACE YOUR STANDARD GRILL or WOK - Camping stove is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Say goodbye to the troublesome use of wood, charcoal, matches and kerosene. Fast and easy deployment for use, with a simple push of a button compact stove is ready to go in either standing or tabletop operation.
- ✓ DURABILITY & QUALITY - Our stove is equipped with 3 independently controlled 30,000 BTU cast aluminum burners for a total 90,000 BTUs pressure. Each burner can be controlled from low to high for versatile cooking options. Its steel frame is processed with high temperature powder coating which ensures long lasting durability and sturdiness.
- ✓ LARGE CHEF AREA - 568 sq inch grill area L 36.9" x W 15.4" accommodates various 14" grill top cooking accessories. Two folding cook station prep surfaces L 18" x W 15" hold up to 60 lbs each.
- ✓ SAFE & PORTABLE - Outland Living is committed to consumer safety and satisfaction; all of our propane products are CSA certified. 3 burner stove includes pre-attached 3 ft hose w/regulator and 4 hook utensil holder. Thanks to pull handle, quick-fold legs and 2 rugged wheels, you can bring your camping stove anywhere with ease.
- ✓ SIGNATURE OUTLAND LIVING QUALITY - At Outland Living we stand behind our high quality outdoor products. If you require any assistance with your premium portable camping stove our friendly and knowledgeable customer support will make sure to make it right!
- 12 Propane Cylinders
- 16 oz per Cylinder
- This product is hazardous/flammable and not returnable
- Pre-filled propane cylinders with quality steel construction, a stable base and reliable valves provide safe and easy-to-use operation. Cylinders are a universal size and fit all standard portable propane appliances, tabletop grills and propane torches.
- Instastart ignition for matchless lighting; 7,650 total BTUs of cooking power
- Fits up to a 10-inch pan
- Lasts up to 1.25 hours on high on one 8.8 oz. butane gas cylinder (sold separately)
- Adjustable burner gives precise temperature control, and large base offers stability for easy stirring
- Durable porcelain-coated grate is easy to clean, and aluminum burner is rust-proof for years of use
- ✓ PERFECT NO MESS CAMPFIRE: Say goodbye to dirty ash, expensive firewood, and bothersome smoke and enjoy a clean realistic propane campfire. The perfect outdoor centerpiece for camping trips, RV travels, tailgating get-togethers, beach parties, and family evenings on the backyard patio.
- ✓ COMPACT AND EASY TO TRANSPORT: Travel size fire pit is lightweight and portable; easily set up in minutes with no tools required. Lower profile increases the functional heat radius while NEW Helios burner technology ensures a fuller and more natural flame. All weather fire bowl delivers a clean and smokeless flame with cozy warmth and beautiful evening ambiance. Measures L 21” x W 21” x H 9.5” with total output of 58,000 BTU/HR.
- ✓ BEAT THE CAMPFIRE BAN: CSA approved fire pit is safe to use during most campfire bans; always check with the current fire restrictions in your area. Spark free propane campfire helps protect campgrounds and forested areas with a safer easy-to-use fire option.
- ✓ COMPLETE FIRE PIT KIT: Includes Cover & Carry Kit, pre-attached 10-Ft hose to keep your standard 20-Lb propane tank cylinder (not included) safely out of sight, fully adjustable regulator with chrome valve knob for varying flame height, and 4.4-Lb natural lava rock set designed to enhance flickering effect. Optional accessory of Cypress Carry Bag 762 available separately.
- ✓ SIGNATURE OUTLAND LIVING QUALITY: Durable high quality steel construction with protective enamel finish for dependable longevity; superior stainless steel burner, fasteners and contemporary decorative belt. Outland Living has outdoor living perfected so you can create the perfect ambiance to share stories and good times. Make new memories with family and friends, in comfort and style anywhere outdoors, with the Outland Firebowl Cypress propane fire pit.
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) at 4000 BTU = 0.044 Gal/Hr, at 9000 BTU = 0.099 Gal/Hr
- Fold-down handle; swivel-out regulator; connects to propane tank (not included); Run Time (Hrs at Max BTU): 3 Hours
- THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
Last update on 2021-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API