November 5, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19T009000
Rapid tire deflation can reduce vehicle control and increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19T009
Manufacturer Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Europe Ltd.
Potential Number of Units Affected 163
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Europe Ltd. (Cooper Europe) is recalling certain Avon Cobra Chrome motorcycle tires, size 240/50R16, manufactured April 8, 2018 through June 1, 2019 (DOT date codes 1418-2119). The innerliner gauge may be too thin, possibly resulting in a rapid deflation of the tire.
Cooper Europe will notify owners, and dealers will replace the tires, free of charge. The recall began November 18, 2019. Owners may contact Cooper Tire customer service at 1-800-854-6288 or email [email protected] Cooper Tire's number for this recall is 174.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
November 18th, 2019
NHTSA Recall No. – 19T009
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Europe, Ltd. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain Avon Cobra Chrome tires. The following identifies the tire sizes affected by this defect determination:
|Product Name||Size||DOT Serial Number||Brand|
|AVON COBRA CHROME||240/50R16||AT 6D 28 1418 - 2119||AVON|
The following illustration shows the DOT information on a sample of one of the affected tires. DOT sequence begins with AT6D28 ---- and ends with a date code (2-digit week and 2-digit year) between 1418 and 2119 inclusive, in this example 1019.
The affected tires may lead to a crash due to inner liner degradation leading to rapid loss of inflation pressure and motorcycle control, The affected tires may develop an in-service unsatisfactory ride condition or on certain cases, motorcycle steering or ride maybe impacted. Driving at high speeds should be avoided until the tires have been inspected and replaced if they fall within the identification numbers shown above.
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Europe, Ltd. is recalling all of the tires with the identification number(s) above. To insure your safety and satisfaction with our product, we request that you return the recalled tire(s) and this letter to your dealer. If the inspection verifies that you have a tire or tires with the suspect identification number, they will be replaced, for FREE, if you have presented them for remedy within onehundred and eighty (180) days after receipt of this letter or notice that a replacement tire is available (if not available at the time of inspection). It is expected that replacement tires will be available at the time of the inspection. However, if the tires are not available at the time of inspection, they will be available within twenty-one (21) days. After expiration of the one-hundred and eighty (180) day period, tires will be replaced under our normal adjustment policy.
Should any questions or problems arise while your tires are being inspected or replaced, please contact e-mail Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Europe, Ltd. at [email protected] or call 011-44-122-5703101. We will attempt to be of service to you. In the event you believe we have failed to or are unable to replace your tire(s) without charge to you, as described above, you may so notify the Secretary of Transportation at the following address: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590, or phone NHTSA’s Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153; or go to http://www.safercar.gov).
If you’ve had your tires replaced before you received this letter, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall. For more information contact Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Europe, Ltd. at 011-44-122-5703101.
We regret this inconvenience, but are sure that you understand our interest in your safety and satisfaction with your tire(s). Please see your dealer immediately for free replacement of the recalled tire(s). Give this letter to them so that it can be returned to us for purposes of this recall.
QSEA Manager, Manufacturing Ops Director
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Europe, Ltd.
1 Affected Product
|BRAND||TIRE LINE/SIZE||PRODUCTION DATES|
|AVON||COBRA CHROME/240/50R16||04/08/2019 - 06/01/2019|
5 Associated Documents
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Defect Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- 19T009 - Recall 174 - US Dealer Letter
Recall 573 Report- Amendment 2
Latest Recalls Documents
- Environmentally friendly advanced compounds, a creative and functional tread design and the patented 0 degree steel belt radial structure provide balanced behavior wet or dry
- Angel ST is the HOLDER OF 7 WORLD RECORDS!
- Guaranteed date code of 2018 or newer.
- New tires for the latest Sport/Supersport touring rider provides performance, style and comfort in an Extended Mileage Sport (EMS) tire design
- W-rated for speeds of 168+ MPH.
- Rubber compounds provide remarkable wet grip, without compromising durability. The square bead-wire package improves casing rigidity, handling and ease of installation.
- Adt (Amplified Density Technology) provides a highly dense more rigid tire casing which helps deliver excellent feedback and handling in all conditions.
- Silica Rain Technology (SRT) which integrates silica into the compound of the tire tread, while the MICHELIN Commander II's tread pattern has been designed to prevent all forms of uneven wear.
- The exclusive architecture of the MICHELIN Commander II brings both maneuverability and stability. The tire's more rigid, high-density carcass improves maneuverability, while the aramid fiber crown ply of the rear tire enhances resistance and lightness for impeccable stability, even at high speeds.
- The numerous longitudinal grooves of the tire's tread pattern optimize water dispersal for outstanding wet weather grip.
- The D402 is the approved for Harley-Davidson touring tire.
- Built with a three-ply polyester casing with two fiberglass belts, the D402 helps provide stability for touring riding.
- Computer-optimized tread profile with offset center groove improves rider confidence over rain grooves and steel-grated bridges, while helping to reduce cupping for enhanced wear.
- The Dunlop for Harley-Davidson Tire Series feature special for Harley-Davidson branding on the sidewalls.
- The use of the tire and other vehicle data and information accessible through this webpage is limited to persons located in the United States of America and Canada.ALTHOUGH THE DATA IS BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE, NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE IS MADE REGARDING THE QUALITY OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA.All data should be verified by a tire professional, the vehicle placard (typically located on an inside door panel or on frame), and/or the vehicle owners manual.
- Specifically designed for cruiser machines and is available in a multitude of sizes to fit many V-twin and metric cruiser models.Higher mileage and load capacity.Tread compound designed for a great combination of traction and mileage.Directional tread pat
- (Heavy Duty) version with reinforced carcass available in select sizes.H-rated tubeless, 4 or 6-ply rated.DOT approved.Tire Specifications:Load / speed index: 84H.Recommended rim (inches): N/A.Overall diameter (inches): N/A.Overall width (inches): N/A.Max
- Thanks to novel Michelin 2AT Technology, youll feel totally safe on straight stretches and curves alike with your GT, even when heavily loaded, whether alone or with a passenger.
- Equipped with a revolutionary architecture providing firmness and comfort, the Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT tire is perfect for long trips.
- Thanks to its new XST+ sipe technology, the Michelin Pilot Road 4 tire boasts a 17% shorter braking time on wet surfaces than its nearest rival*, and 24% shorter times on extremely slippery wet surfaces such as white traffic lines and pedestrian crossings.
- Selected by for BMW as the official tire for its 2014 R 1200 RT, the Michelin Pilot Road GT tire displays unmatched performance when it comes to stability and safety.
- The use of the tire and other vehicle data and information accessible through this webpage is limited to persons located in the United States of America and Canada.
- Rated W for speeds up to 168 mph (270 km/h).
- Superior traction in various road conditions.
- Radial construction allows for long tire life.
- Designed for today’s sport and superbikes.
Last update on 2020-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API