November 5, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19C003000
In the event of a crash, the harness may not restrain the bed occupant, increasing their risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19C003
Manufacturer Merritt Manufacturing Inc
Components CHILD SEAT
Potential Number of Units Affected 216
Merritt Manufacturing Inc. (Merritt) is recalling certain Angel Guard Angel Ride car beds. The restraint harness may not have been properly sewed where the buckle is attached.
Merritt will notify owners, and will provide replacement harnesses, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in November 2019. Owners may contact Merritt customer service at 1-317-409-0146.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
1 Affected Product
|ANGEL GUARD||ANGEL RIDE||08/08/2019 - 10/24/2019|
2 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (5-40 lb) to forward-facing harness (22-65 lb) to highback booster (40-100 lb)
- Slim design with dual integrated cup holders that rotate away, making the seat 10% slimmer to save valuable back seat space
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: a combination of the most rigorous crash tests that helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear & rollover crashes
- No-Rethread Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
- Choose the perfect headrest height from 10 positions to get the safest fit for your child as they grow
- 3 in 1 harness booster helps protect your child, from toddler to youth; harness booster (22 to 65 pounds), high back booster (30 to 100 pounds), backless booster (40 to 100 pounds)
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest in one motion; one hand, 5 position adjustable headrest easily adapts for your growing child; Buckle may be cleaned with a damp cloth
- Engineered & rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213; the Nautilus 65 has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built in 5 point harness system
- Open loop belt guides properly position vehicle seat belt across child; seat pad, body support and harness covers are comfortable and machine washable
- Dual cup holders help keep your child's drink close; lightweight, portable seat is ideal for busy, active parents
- 4-in-1 car seat gives you 10 years of use: seamlessly transforms from rear-facing harness car seat (4-40 pounds ), to forward-facing harness car seat (22-65 pounds), to highback belt-positioning booster (40-100 pounds ), to backless belt-positioning booster (40-120 pounds )
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes.
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest to 10 positions in one motion to ensure that your child is always properly secured
- 6-position recline helps keep your growing child comfy on your many journeys together
- The Graco exclusive InRight LATCH attachment provides an easy, one-second attachment with an audible click to help ensure secure installation
- 10 YEARS OF USE: The Evenflo EveryFit 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat offers protection for up to 10 years. The EveryFit is an infant, convertible, high-back booster, and no-back booster seat to provide safety and longevity for your growing child.
- The four modes include (1) Rear facing with harness: Weight: 4 - 40 poundswith three recline positions
- FORWARD FACING WITH HARNESS: Weight: 22 - 65 pounds Age: For child at least 2 years old;
- HIGH-BACK BOOSTER: Weight: 40 - 120 pounds Age: For child at least 4 years old
- NO-BACK BOOSTER: Weight 40 - 120 pounds Age: For child at least 4 years old.
- Built to grow with your child, this safety 1st car seat supports infants from 5 pounds to toddlers of 40 pounds as a rear facing car seat, 22 to 65 pounds forward facing toddler car seat, and 40 to 100 pounds as a belt positioning booster
- An adjustable 3 position recline makes it easy to get a good fit for the seat in your car, assembled product dimensions 24.00 inches x 19.00 inches x 23.75 inches
- Harness holders keep the harness open, making it easier to get into and out of the seat; front seat passengers can enjoy up to 7 inches more legroom with the rear facing infant seat's reduced footprint
- Adjust the height of the headrest and harness in 1 easy step with the quickfit harness; even in booster mode, the headrest adjusts easily, ensuring the best fit for your child
- Two integrated cup holders keep snacks and drinks close; easy to clean, the seat pad removes easily, ready to go into the washing machine and dryer
- 5-POINT HARNESS SECURITY: Two position points at each shoulder, two position points at the child's hips, and one point where the harness buckles between the legs to give your child the best possible protection
- 3-HARNESS POSITION: There are three slots to position the harness shoulder straps depending on the age and height of your child. Shoulder straps should be at or just above the shoulders
- TWO MODE OPTIONS: Forward-facing five-point harness car seat is made for children between 22 and 65 pounds and 29 to 49 inches in height. Convert to a belt-positioning booster seat for older kids between 30 and 100 pounds and 38 to 57 inches in height
- SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety "Best Bet" rating for booster car seats; exceeds Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS 213)
- ADDED COMFORT: Three-position adjustable height headrest is equipped with energy-absorbing EPS foam. Two cup holders provide added convenience to hold drinks or store treats and small trinkets
- Designed to deliver premier child fit and comfort at each unique stage, Fit4 makes it easy to correctly secure your child from birth through big kid booster for ultimate comfort, convenience and peace of mind as your baby grows to age ten.
- 4-Stage FitKit System provides optimal fit and comfort through multi-staged construction and easy-to-remove layers, providing more room to grow through each unique stage
- Easiest all-in-one car seat to install correctly, thanks to Chicco-exclusive installation features including ReclineSure leveling system, RideRight bubble levels, force-multiplying SuperCinch LATCH tightener and LockSure belt-tightening system
- DuoGuard side-impact protection offers 2 layers of protection with a steel-reinforced frame and EPS energy-absorbing foam that surround the head and torso, while a best-in-class 10-position headrest accommodates maximum growth
- As your child grows, scan the QR Code on the side of the car seat or visit Fit4Stages.com for quick and easy stage transition instructions – online help from Chicco there to help guide you every step of the way
- Give your baby a safe and secure fit for travel with this LATCH-equipped Safety 1st car seat that fits infants from four pounds to toddlers of 35 pounds in rear-fACing mode
- Featuring ultra-lightweight construction using next-generation engineering, this easy-to-carry seat includes side-impACt protection. Head and body inserts give newborns added comfort and support
- Adjust your child's fit in the seat with four harness heights, spACed for a better fit whether your child is tiny or tall. Adjust the harness with a single pull for a secure fit
- When travel takes you away from home, this seat is ready to use on an aircraft. Compatible with any quickclick-equipped stroller, the seat attAChes with one simple click
- Easy to clean, the seat pad removes easily and is ready to go into the washing machine and dryer
- 3 car seats in 1 – Rear-facing for infants 4-50 pounds | Front-facing for toddlers 22-65 pounds and for big kids 30-100 pounds
- Made of Steel reinforced | Product dimensions – 20.75” D x 19” W x 24.5” H | Product weight – 19.25 lbs.
- 4-position extension panel adjusts to provide 5 inches of additional legroom, allowing your child to ride safely rear facing longer | 6-position recline helps keep your child comfy | 10-position headrest adjusts easily for your growing child
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest in one motion to ensure that your child is always properly secured
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered – A combination of the most rigorous crash tests that helps protect your child in frontal, side, rear & rollover crashes | Additional testing based on the New Car Assessment Program and for extreme car interior temperatures
- Converts from 5-point harness to belt-positioning booster
- Duo Guard side-impact protection for head and torso, and steel-reinforced frame
- 4-position recline, 9-position headrest, and deep Ergo Boost seat with padding/contour
- Premium LATCH connectors and Lock Sure belt-tightening system for easy installation
- 2 dishwasher-safe Cup Folders with push-button removal. Assembled Product Dimensions: 21 inches x 27 inches x 18 inches
Last update on 2021-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API