September 17, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V658000
If the bulkhead brackets fail, the bulkhead can fall off of the trailer and become a road hazard, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V658
Manufacturer Hyundai Translead
Potential Number of Units Affected 47
Hyundai Translead is recalling certain 2017-2018 Duralite HT Flatbed trailers with bulkheads. The brackets on the sill may break away from the flatbed, possibly resulting in the bulkhead detaching from the trailer.
Hyundai Translead will notify owners, and dealers will reinforce the front area of the flatbed, free of charge. The recall began September 24, 2019. Owners may contact Hyundai Translead customer service at 1-800-251-0871. Hyundai Translead's number for this recall is 801440.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
|Title||Repair Manual No.|
|Retrofit front area to strengthen bulkhead||FLA5-008A|
|James Lee||Engineer||July 15, 2019|
To ensure build quality and structural integrity of the bulkhead by providing the below instructions on retrofitting the front area of the flatbed. The following modifications should be applied to material #30013845 (Q21477) flatbed:
- Top flange reinforcement
- Inner reinforcement beam channel
II. MATERIAL REQUIRED
|PART DESCRIPTION||PART NUMBER||DRAWING||QTY|
|1. Top Flange Reinforcement Plate||20137095N||101-151016||2|
|2. Front Reinforcement Plate||20136706N||101-151009||2|
|3. Joint Plate||20076219||115-15577||2|
|4. H H Bolt 3/8-16||10063020||--||8|
|5. H Lock Nut 3/8||10063076||--||8|
|6. Nylon Washer||10034471||--||8|
|7. Zinc rich primer (80% zinc content)||10038951||--||0.25 Gal|
|8. Cold galvanizing paint||10028798||--||75 OZ|
III. TOOLS REQUIRED
- Arc Welding M/C
- Paint applicator
- Wire Brush
- Angle Grinder
- Power Tools (Huck Rivets Gun)
- Safety Equipment (gloves, safety glasses, etc.)
- Place flatbed in a safe location in order to work on the repairs in accordance with safety standards. Crank up the landing gear so to keep the flatbed level and parallel with the ground.
V. Repair Procedure
- Unload and remove all forms of cargo on the flatbed.
- Disconnect any sensors and electrical components that are associated with the front end of the trailer. (This includes the 7-Way, corner markers, gladhands, PSI marker, etc.) This is the most important step.
- Remove the four fasteners that connect the front sill to the bulkhead and remove the two fasteners in all four stake pockets (eight in total) in order to remove the bulkhead assembly from the front stake pockets.
- Clean the front area of any zinc material with an angle grinder, as shown below. This is so that the zinc does not volatize during the welding process. This is where the top flange reinforcement (20137095N) will be added.
- Weld the top flange reinforcement (20137095N) to the front area so that there is a brace between the top of the front sill and the top flange. This must be done to both top flanges.
- Clean the inside area of the front sill of any zinc material with an angle grinder, as shown below, on both sides of the unit. Remove zinc on the front sill on both sides of the web. This is where the front reinforcement plate (20136706N) will be added.
- Insert the front reinforcement plate (20136706N) such that the plate is parallel to the ground. Once the plate makes contact with the rear face of the front sill, flip the plate 90° towards the side rail.
- Measure 380 mm from the outside face of the main web to the inside face of the front reinforcement plate (20136706N).
- Weld the front reinforcement plate (20136706N) to the front sill.
- Slide the joint plate (20076219) behind the front reinforcement plate (20136706N). The joint plate must be centered with the doubler plate.
- Drill holes into the first crossmember using the joint plate (20076219) as a guide on both sides of the trailer. Make sure the joint plate is centered with the front reinforcement plate.
- Add four fasteners to the joint plate.
- Weld the joint plate (20076219) to the front reinforcement plate (20136706N).
- Repeat steps 6 – 12 for the opposite side of the trailer.
- Remove all welding splatters using a steel wire brush around the welded areas and clean the welded areas.
- Apply the zinc primer over the new front reinforcement plate, top flange reinforcement, and welding areas.
- Once the zinc primer is dry, apply cold galvanizing top paint on reinforcement materials so that the exterior surface would not corrode.
- Reconnect the bulkhead by fastening the stake pockets and then the front sill.
- Reconnect all electrical components and gladhand components.
Important Safety Recall: NHTSA Campaign # 19V658
September 19, 2019
We are conducting a safety recall and this notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Hyundai Translead has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists on your flatbeds front bulkhead.
|Why is a recall being conducted?||Multiple units with the same design were found to have a front bulkhead that does not meet SAE standard. If the bulkhead sustains a heavy impact there is a possibility the brackets will failure resulting in potential injury to driver or other drivers on the road. If the bulkhead brackets fail, the bulkhead can fall off of the trailer and become a road hazard, increasing the risk of a crash.|
|What are we doing about the problem?||Hyundai Translead generated a repair procedure and fabricated repair kits which we will extend to our customers and numerous shops to have the trailers affected repaired at the earliest convenience. Hyundai Translead will retrofit the front area of the flatbed, free of charge. The repair will take 12 hours to complete.|
|What should you do?||Contact Hyundai Translead Warranty Department at [email protected] or 800-251-0871 as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. You should avoid extended travel until your units have been inspected. When contacting Hyundai Translead make sure to reference NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V658 and provide the full VIN number.|
|What if I no longer own this trailer?||Notify Hyundai Translead either by phone: 800-251-0871, or e-mail: [email protected] to inform us you no longer own this vehicle. Please be sure to include your 17 digit VIN number in all correspondence.|
|Who should you contact if you have further questions or concerns?||Contact Hyundai Translead at 800-251-0871 or e-mail:|
If after having attempted to take advantage of this recall you believe you have not been able to have your units remedied without charge and within a reasonable amount of time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C., 20590; or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
We apologize for any inconvenience this safety recall may cause, however your safety is our primary concern.
2 Affected Products
|HYUNDAI TRANSLEAD||DURALITE HT||2017-2018|
7 Associated Documents
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-1
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-4
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-3
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- EASY TO USE-140 FC-I MIG machine uses 0.30, flux core wire. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can dial in the perfect weld! Perfect entry level welder
- POWERFUL- Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate
- PORTABLE WELDER- Lightweight 19 lbs. easily carried to any Do-It-Yourself, Maintenance, Repair, Metal Fabrication and Hobbyist project
- RUGGED- All metal case, Built to take the day to day. Big enough to handle 2 and 10 pound rolls of wire
- WELDER INCLUDES- 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, Integrated handle with torch wrap and a 20A-15A adapter. Backed by a 12-month warranty
- 1.Multifunction：110V/220V Dual Voltage DC IGBT Inverter MIG 140A welder
- 2.Gasless flux-cored welding and Gas-shielded MIG welding are available for the machine
- 3.0.023''-0.039'' Flux Cored Wire and Solid Core Wire. Suit for 2lb and 10lb wire spool
- 4.MIG140 welder has adjustable wire feed speed and welding current, you can adjust it to suit your application and weld with different thicknesses
- 5.Ideal for outdoor repairs, rusty metal, farm & road equipment and maintenance & repair, Suitable for welding stainless steel, mild steel, and other metal materials.
- 5-position voltage control selector adds a smooth, stable arc at all welding thicknesses
- Welds 24 gauge up to 1/4 in mild steel; Weldable Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum
- Welding Processes: MIG(GMAW), Flux Cored(FCAW)
- Operates off 115V standard household current; Wire Feed Speed Range 40-700 IPM, 50-740 IPM at no load
- Welding Amperage Range: 25-140 A; 20% duty cycle @ 90 Amps, 19V
- Compact – portable – very capable quality welder that can run on either 110/115 or 220/230 volts which makes this a true workhorse with a completely portable footprint. Comes complete as pictured; ready for you to start welding.
- Working voltage: 115V/230±15%; 30 to 155 Amp welding range; In MMA mode, this welder can be used as a very nice scratch arc TIG welder with optional accessories.
- Comfortably welds up to 1/4 in. mild steel that is properly prepared using 220 volt input, in both MIG, flux-cored and stick welding. Feeds wire at 78 in. to 472 in. per minute and has infinitely adjustable wire speed and heat settings. This welder does not use tapped controls that are found in cheaper machines!
- This model uses an advanced compact IGBT inverter design with automatic overheat and over current welding protection.
- The model 155 incorporates 2T/4T modes. 4T is useful if you have a long weld to do, as it saves you having to hold the trigger down the whole time. Great feature for out of position welding.
- Welds up to 1/8 in. mild steel.
- Plugs into household 115V, 20 amp outlet
- One year warranty on parts and labor.
- Easy to set even for novice users
- Compact, portable and lightweight
- ★Advanced IGBT Inverter Technology:Powerful welder capable of welding mild steel, weld steel, stainless steel and cast iron. IGBT power device with unique control mode improves the reliability of welding machine
- ★Portable Design:This welder features a easy carrying handle,compact design, easy for translation and storage. Very convenient, can be used anywhere you need
- ★Leading Control Mode:Closed loop feedback control,the output voltage is stable,strong adaptability for electricity network
- ★Energy Efficient:Reduce the damage of Copper and Iron,obviously increase the welding frequency,and energy-conserving result is remarkable
- ★Multi Use: The MMA welder is suitable for welding stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum and other metal materials
- Your purchase includes One Hobart – 500553 Handler 210 MVP MIG Welder, One 10 ft. (3m) H100S4-10 gun, One 10 ft. (3m) work cable with clamp, Built-in gas solenoid value and dual-gauge regulator with gas hose
- Welder Dimensions: 10.62” W x 19.5” L x 12.37” H | Welder weight: 79 lbs. | Input Voltage: 110/115/120 V – 220/230/240 V | Material Thickness: 1/4” – 3/8”
- Sized for you to easily transport the unit to the jobsite with the power to weld 3/8 in. mild steel
- Keeps wire electrically “cold” until trigger is pulled which gives you ease of use and keeps you safe
- Allows you to fine control the output parameters for improved arc performance with less spatter for a better bead appearance and less clean up.
- 220 volt input and 180 amp output , Duty Cycle : 40% at 180A and 100% at 116A 110 volt input and 140 amp output , Duty Cycle : 40% at 140A and 100% at 84A
- Accepts 2-10 pounds flux core and solid wires .030"-.035"（0.8/1.0 mm ）to weld over .030"(0.8mm) plate thickness.
- Multi Use : MIG/Stick ,Gas/Gasless /Lift TIG，Stick Welding(3.2mm Rod) 7018 1/8″ very well, also 6013 and 7018 3/32″
- Syntheic digital current and voltage control ,when change the current, adjust the voltage automatically.The panel operation is very simple. In mig state, when you select 1.0 welding wire, welding current, welding voltage and wire feeding speed, the machine automatically matches the data without adjustment.
- Great for DIY Users, Maintenance and Repair and Metal Fabrication. Energy conservation and environment Protection to compare with Transformer welders.30-Day 100% Satisfaction or Money Back Guarantee and 1 Year Limited Warranty
- 1. Voltage: 110V/60HZ single phase, Adjustable Power Settings Welding Current: 80-150AMP,Current: AC ,Max open voltage: 37V,AC Mains Plug with Fuse
- 2. Flux wire Welding Machine For Flux (No gas) welding, With Thermal Protection
- 3. Ideal for welding mild steel, Iron and other Metal. Gas Less Welder ,0.030'' to 0.035'' flux-cored (0.8mm-0.9mm)
- 4. Feed Speed Control, Torch With Full On / Off Safety Control,Automatic Thermal Safety Protection,4 adjustable heating
- 5.Stainless steel body, Perfect for welding steel, Gasless Operation, Comes with welding wire and mask, Ideal for Welding Outdoors
- Weldpro's flagship 200 amp MIG welder that goes beyond MIG and Flux Core welding!
- The model 200 is also capable of true lift TIG welding as well as stick welding and aluminum welding with the optional spool gun. The MIG 200 is an intuitive synergically designed MIG / Flux Core welding machine.
- MIG,Stick or TIG weld all from a single compact, space-saving unit. Welding Amperage Ranges230V: MIG: 40-200A; MMA: 40-200A; TIG: 15-200A115V: MIG:40-120A; MMA:40-120A; TIG: 15-120A; 30% at 200 Amp rated duty cyMIG,Stick or TIG weld all from a single compact, space-saving unit. Welding Amperage Ranges230V: MIG: 40-200A; MMA: 40-200A; TIG: 15-200A115V: MIG:40-120A; MMA:40-120A; TIG: 15-120A; 30% at 200 Amp rated duty cycle
- MIG welding wire diameter: .023 .030 .035, welding thickness: 19ga- 0.197 in; TIG tungsten needle diameter: 0.063 0.094, welding thickness: 25ga- 1/4 in; MMA electrode Dia: 0.063-0.157 acid electrode, alkaline electrode, welding thickness: 14ga-0.315in
- Dual digital display easy to read and set amperage and wire speed for repeatable welds every time. VRD high temp and overload protection with indication. User adjustable inductance settings.
Last update on 2020-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API