September 17, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V658000
If the bulkhead brackets fail, the bulkhead can fall off of the trailer and become a road hazard, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V658
Manufacturer Hyundai Translead
Potential Number of Units Affected 47
Hyundai Translead is recalling certain 2017-2018 Duralite HT Flatbed trailers with bulkheads. The brackets on the sill may break away from the flatbed, possibly resulting in the bulkhead detaching from the trailer.
Hyundai Translead will notify owners, and dealers will reinforce the front area of the flatbed, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in September 2019. Owners may contact Hyundai Translead customer service at 1-800-251-0871. Hyundai Translead's number for this recall is 801440.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
|Title||Repair Manual No.|
|Retrofit front area to strengthen bulkhead||FLA5-008A|
|James Lee||Engineer||July 15, 2019|
To ensure build quality and structural integrity of the bulkhead by providing the below instructions on retrofitting the front area of the flatbed. The following modifications should be applied to material #30013845 (Q21477) flatbed:
- Top flange reinforcement
- Inner reinforcement beam channel
II. MATERIAL REQUIRED
|PART DESCRIPTION||PART NUMBER||DRAWING||QTY|
|1. Top Flange Reinforcement Plate||20137095N||101-151016||2|
|2. Front Reinforcement Plate||20136706N||101-151009||2|
|3. Joint Plate||20076219||115-15577||2|
|4. H H Bolt 3/8-16||10063020||--||8|
|5. H Lock Nut 3/8||10063076||--||8|
|6. Nylon Washer||10034471||--||8|
|7. Zinc rich primer (80% zinc content)||10038951||--||0.25 Gal|
|8. Cold galvanizing paint||10028798||--||75 OZ|
III. TOOLS REQUIRED
- Arc Welding M/C
- Paint applicator
- Wire Brush
- Angle Grinder
- Power Tools (Huck Rivets Gun)
- Safety Equipment (gloves, safety glasses, etc.)
- Place flatbed in a safe location in order to work on the repairs in accordance with safety standards. Crank up the landing gear so to keep the flatbed level and parallel with the ground.
V. Repair Procedure
- Unload and remove all forms of cargo on the flatbed.
- Disconnect any sensors and electrical components that are associated with the front end of the trailer. (This includes the 7-Way, corner markers, gladhands, PSI marker, etc.) This is the most important step.
- Remove the four fasteners that connect the front sill to the bulkhead and remove the two fasteners in all four stake pockets (eight in total) in order to remove the bulkhead assembly from the front stake pockets.
- Clean the front area of any zinc material with an angle grinder, as shown below. This is so that the zinc does not volatize during the welding process. This is where the top flange reinforcement (20137095N) will be added.
- Weld the top flange reinforcement (20137095N) to the front area so that there is a brace between the top of the front sill and the top flange. This must be done to both top flanges.
- Clean the inside area of the front sill of any zinc material with an angle grinder, as shown below, on both sides of the unit. Remove zinc on the front sill on both sides of the web. This is where the front reinforcement plate (20136706N) will be added.
- Insert the front reinforcement plate (20136706N) such that the plate is parallel to the ground. Once the plate makes contact with the rear face of the front sill, flip the plate 90° towards the side rail.
- Measure 380 mm from the outside face of the main web to the inside face of the front reinforcement plate (20136706N).
- Weld the front reinforcement plate (20136706N) to the front sill.
- Slide the joint plate (20076219) behind the front reinforcement plate (20136706N). The joint plate must be centered with the doubler plate.
- Drill holes into the first crossmember using the joint plate (20076219) as a guide on both sides of the trailer. Make sure the joint plate is centered with the front reinforcement plate.
- Add four fasteners to the joint plate.
- Weld the joint plate (20076219) to the front reinforcement plate (20136706N).
- Repeat steps 6 – 12 for the opposite side of the trailer.
- Remove all welding splatters using a steel wire brush around the welded areas and clean the welded areas.
- Apply the zinc primer over the new front reinforcement plate, top flange reinforcement, and welding areas.
- Once the zinc primer is dry, apply cold galvanizing top paint on reinforcement materials so that the exterior surface would not corrode.
- Reconnect the bulkhead by fastening the stake pockets and then the front sill.
- Reconnect all electrical components and gladhand components.
2 Affected Products
|HYUNDAI TRANSLEAD||DURALITE HT||2017-2018|
3 Associated Documents
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
- EASY TO USE-140 FC-I MIG machine uses 0.30, flux core wire. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can dial in the perfect weld! Perfect entry level welder
- POWERFUL- Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate
- PORTABLE WELDER- Lightweight 19 lbs. easily carried to any Do-It-Yourself, Maintenance, Repair, Metal Fabrication and Hobbyist project
- RUGGED- All metal case, Built to take the day to day. Big enough to handle 2 and 10 pound rolls of wire
- WELDER INCLUDES- 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, Integrated handle with torch wrap and a 20A-15A adapter. Backed by a 12-month warranty
- Welds 24 ga up to 1/4 in mild steel
- Processes Recommended-MIG-Cast Iron,Copper,Brass,Titanium, Magnesium Alloys. Flux Cored- Aluminium, Cast Iron,Copper,Brass,Titanium, Magnesium Alloys
- Operates off 115V standard household current.Wire Feed Speed Range 40 - 700 IPM. 50 - 740 IPM at no load
- Amperage output: 25–140; 20% duty cycle @ 90 Amps, 19V
- 5-position voltage control selector adds a smooth, stable arc at all welding thicknesses
- Flux-Cored Wire, Gas Less Welder - Display4top MIG 130 welder machine uses convenient Flux-Cored Wire.Automatic Thermal Safety Protection,suit for welding carbon steel,aluminum,stainless steel etc.
- Strong & Durable - Compact and exquisite MIG welder, made of heavy duty stainless steel body, painted with durable red paints, ensure its long-last serving life-span, a strong and durable welding machine for your long term use.
- Overload Safety Protecyion - MIG 130 PLUS welder come with a safety feature where the welder is automatically turned off when it it too hot or the volt and current exceed their range. This function will keep you and your welder safe. Internal fan-cooling system,there are fans helping to cooling the welder when working.
- Wide Applications - Portable design light weight, easy for translation and storage. Comes with a comfortable hand grip, making it easy for you to carry anywhere you want.It is perfect for home DIY and general repairing work.
- Accessories Included - 1x welding gun with on/off safety contro,1 x grounding clamp,1x brush , 1x protection mask and several other small accessories
- NO REACTION WELDER - Uses convenient flux-cored wire to self-release metal inert gas while welding, preventing oxidation of the welded part. A great choice for home repairs and hobby projects on light gauge steel
- WELDING PROCESS - This welding machine is particularly suitable for mild steel and stainless steel. It will enable you to obtain a professional finish in welding, auto body work, and many other thin steel welding processes
- ADJUSTABLE WELDING SPEED - Features 4 levels of current flow settings. By adjusting the 4 buttons for MIN/MAX,1/2 with the variable feed control which has 10 welding speeds, this welder makes it easy to tackle thin steel, stainless or aluminum sheet metal or thicker steel with flux-cored welding
- PORTABLE DESIGN - Lightweight and compact design. Comes with a comfortable hand grip, making it easy for you to carry anywhere you want
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED - Package includes all the accessories you need to weld like a pro. 1 welding gun with on/off safety control, 1 grounding clamp, 1 welding helmet, 1 welding wire brush and several other small accessories
- HIGH QUALITY: MIG welder 110v is a top of the line household welder that is powerful and intuitive. Made of high-class PVC material as well as delicate treatment, this welding machine integrates comfortable grip, easy operation and high precision
- CONVENIENT ADJUSTABILITY: DEKOPRO 140A welder machine has adjustable wire feed speed and welding current, you can adjust it to suit your application and weld with different thicknesses
- USER-FRIENDLY INTERFACE:Makes set-up a snap with easy to access advanced options.110V mig welder gives you the power to tackle the biggest jobs with ease and confidence. Ready to weld out of the box
- PORTABLE DESIGN: It features a easy carrying handle,compact design, easy for translation and storage. Very convenient, can be used anywhere you need
- MULTI USE:The 140A AC welder is suitable for welding stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum and other metal materials
- Compact, portable and lightweight construction
- Continuous wire feed speed adjustment
- Ideal for welding mild steel from 24 gauge to 1/8” thick
- Welds 24 ga. to 5/16in. steel in single pass
- Powerful and Professional Results. Operates on 230V power
- 25 to 190 output amperage
- 7 voltage selections, enhanced magnetics and infinite wire feed speed control offers easier fine control of the output parameters for improved arc performance with less spatter
- 30% duty cycle @ 130 Amps
- 1.Multifunction：110V/220V Dual Voltage DC IGBT Inverter MIG 140A welder
- 2.Gasless flux-cored welding and Gas-shielded MIG welding are available for the machine
- 3.0.023''-0.039'' Flux Cored Wire and Solid Core Wire. Suit for 2lb and 10lb wire spool
- 4.MIG140 welder has adjustable wire feed speed and welding current, you can adjust it to suit your application and weld with different thicknesses
- 5.Ideal for outdoor repairs, rusty metal, farm & road equipment and maintenance & repair, Suitable for welding stainless steel, mild steel, and other metal materials.
- Dual-voltage (115V/230V) with MVP plug makes the unit easy to find a place to plug it in.
- Welds 24 ga. to 3/8 in. steel in a single pass
- 7 voltage settings which help fine tune for precision welding
- Duty cycle – 115V 20% at 90 amps; 230V 30% at 150 amps
- Quick change drive roll system – no tools required
- MULTI FUNCTION MIG WELDER - MIG/ARC/LIFT TIG gas gasless multi Function 220V DC inverter welder
- GAS&GASLESS AVAILABLE - 5kg 0.8-1.0mm solid wire with gas welding iron; 0.8-1.0mm flux-cored wire without gas welding carbon steel and stainless steel
- GREAT DESIGN - Simple design, beautiful, small size, light weight, easy to carry
- QUALITY ACCESSARIES - MB15 MIG -gun, earth clamp, electrode holer, gas tube, ready to use
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY - HITBOX MIG250 welder offers good warranty. If you meet any problem when using this machine, please feel freely to contact us at the first time. Our 24 hours online customer service will help you fix it. Just buy HITBOX machines with confidence
Last update on 2020-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API