August 26, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V621000
Without the LP/CO detector, occupants may not be alerted to high levels of carbon monoxide, increasing the risk of injury or death.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V621
Manufacturer Braxton Creek RV
Potential Number of Units Affected 55
Braxton Creek will notify owners, and dealers will provide a plug-in 120 volt LP/CO detector, free of charge. The recall began August 26, 2019. Owners may contact Braxton Creek customer service at 1-260-768-7932.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
1 Affected Product
3 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-3
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- Peak level button – Displays the peak CO level recorded by the alarm since it was last reset or unplugged
- Test button functions – Tests the unit for proper operation and resets the carbon monoxide alarm
- LED operation – Blinking dot in lower right corner of display denotes normal operation
- Ten years after the initial power up, this alarm will “beep” two times every 30 seconds to indicate that it is time to replace the alarm.
- Note: This CO alarm is not battery operated. However, these alarms are equipped with 9 volt battery backup – the 9 volt battery is to supply short term back-up during a power outage.
- Tamper resist feature – Can be activated to cause unit to go into alarm if it has been unplugged or has come loose from the outlet
- Two LED’s: Red - Illuminates when in alarm mode. Green – AC power is present, normal operation
- Test/reset button: Tests CO alarm circuit operation and allows you to immediately silence the alarm
- End of life alarm: Alerts user to replace CO alarm after 10-years of operation
- Provides peace of mind against the silent killer; Temperature range: 40˚F (4.4˚C) to 100˚F (37.8˚C)
- Keep your family safe with this easy to use plug in carbon monoxide alarm; It works with any standard outlet
- Features an advanced electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor that accurately detects carbon monoxide levels, no matter where the detector is placed in the room
- A loud 85 decibel alarm sounds when carbon monoxide levels reach dangerous levels
- To ensure complete protection make sure to place one on each level of your home and in each bedroom
- 7 year limited warranty; Equipped with end of life signal chirp, so you know when it’s time to replace the unit for safety
- Voice Alarm – Announces the hazard type detected thereby helping to speed up the correct reaction to the hazard detected. Alarm announces “Fire” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “Warning Carbon Monoxide” when a CO hazard is detected
- Combined Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm – A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and helps to keep home décor attractive.
- Audio alarm: 85 dB at 10 feet. Test/Reset Button and LEDs – Tests alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement. Flashing green for normal operation and flashing red for alarm condition. Humidity Range: 10 percent to 95 percent relative humidity non-condensing
- Battery - Provides protection even during power outages when many fire and carbon monoxide incidents occur. The unit warns of a low battery condition by announcing “low battery” and by initiating an alarm chirp and activating a flashing red LED. The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed. Note: The date printed on the item is manufacturing date, not the expiration date. Refer to the PDF attached below in technical specification for manual.
- Voice Announcements - Hush Feature temporarily silences nuisance alarms with “Hush Mode Activated” and “Hush Mode Cancelled” voice announcement. If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher, the unit will announce “Carbon Monoxide Previously Detected” to warn of the CO incident, when the Test/ Reset button is pressed. Temperature range: 40˚F (4. 4˚C) to 100˚F (37. 8˚C). Voltage (volts): 4. 5
- Smart Interconnect-Interconnects up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating), Battery Backup (2-AA batteries included)-Provides protection during power outages. Front Loading Battery Door-Replace the backup batteries without disconnecting from mounting bracket
- Humidity range: 10%-95% relative humidity, non-condensing. Battery Lockout System-The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed, Alarm Tamper Resist-Helps deter from tampering and theft, Adjustable Mounting Bracket-Makes installation fast and easy. Works with existing smoke and combination smoke and CO mounting brackets.
- Peak Level Memory-Announces “CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” if alarm has detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher since it was last reset, HushTM Feature-Silences nuisance alarms for approximately 9 minutes. (Smoke must be present before HushTM is activated)
- Ionization Sensor Technology-Ideal for detecting fast flaming and other types of fires, est Button Functions: – Tests the unit for proper operation - Peak Level memory - Resets the Carbon Monoxide alarm
- Green LED-Illuminates to indicate the unit is receiving AC power. Flashes once every 60 seconds to indicate battery only mode. Flashes once per second during alarm to indicate initiating alarm. Flashes once every 16 seconds to indicate smoke or CO previously detected. Flashes every 2 seconds while the alarm is in HUSHTM mode
- Keep your family safe with this battery operated smoke and carbon monoxide alarm; Battery powered alarms provide continuous monitoring of CO levels, even if there's a power failure
- Features an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensing technology as well as a photoelectric sensor that detects the larger particles of a smoldering fire
- Indicator lights on the face of the unit display the presence of smoke or carbon monoxide, while an 85 decibel siren provides a clear, loud warning upon detection
- Battery operated unit installs quickly and easily without an electrician. Low battery signal mute, quiets low battery signal for up to 8 hours
- Simple to use, with a single test/silence button; EZ access battery drawer allows you to change battery without removing alarm from ceiling
- Digital Display - Displays the level of carbon monoxide the unit is sensing. Shows CO level in PPM (parts per million). Updates digital reading every 15 seconds allowing you to see if levels change. Peak Level Memory displays the highest CO concentration measured since the last reset
- Battery Operated - Provides best protection during power outages. Battery safeguard makes it difficult to close the cover without batteries in the unit. Low battery signal alerts user when the batteries need to be replaced. Slide-out battery door cover gives immediate access to batteries
- Test/Reset Button - Tests unit’s electronic circuitry & horn and resets the unit during alarm. Tests CO alarm circuit operation and allows you to immediately silence the alarm
- LED's - Green LED for normal operation, Red LED for alarm. Temperature range 40˚F (4. 4˚C) to 100˚F (37. 8˚C). Sensor: Electrochemical
- Provides peace of mind against the silent killer and a digital display
- 10-Year Battery & 10-Year Sensor: This smoke and carbon monoxide alarm provides 10 years of continuous power with a built-in lithium battery, saving on energy while remaining eco-friendly; saves you from constantly having to change batteries; an end-of-life signal will let you know when it's time to replace the unit for safety
- Practical LCD Display: Clearly indicates real-time carbon monoxide (CO) concentration in the surrounding air, as well as the remaining battery life and working status of the alarm; if a CO concentration of 30-999 ppm exists for a certain time period, the screen will be backlit blue, and the LED indicator will flash red 4 times every 5.8 seconds
- 2-in-1 Accurate, Reliable & Highly Sensitive Alarm: Equipped with both photoelectric smoke sensor and electrochemical CO sensor that work independently of each other; every second counts; detects both fast and slow-burning fires, and instantly notifies you when dangerous smoke or CO concentration is detected while minimizing false alarms; provides the ultimate protection from 2 deadly threats, all contained in 1 unit
- Simple to Use: Test/Silence button enables you to test the alarm weekly, and to easily silence the alarm when false alarms occur; malfunction and low battery warnings allow you to easily know the working status of the alarm; in case of an emergency, an alarm tone of over 85 dB will sound throughout your entire home, instantly alerting the entire household, even those in sleep
- Quick & Easy Installation with Guaranteed Quality: Requires no rewiring; easy to mount on any wall or ceiling with the included mounting bracket, screws and anchor plugs; certified to meet the UL 217 & UL 2034 safety standards for your peace of mind and absolute confidence in our product
- Protects you and your family from two deadly threats: Carbon monoxide and explosive gas.
- Sounder alarm – The KN-COEG-3 offers a loud 85-decibel pulsing alarm that will sound to alert you to a potential problem.
- Digital display - Displays the level of carbon monoxide the unit is sensing.
- Peak level memory - Recalls the highest CO concentration detected
- Test/reset button - Tests unit’s electronic circuitry operation and allows you to immediately silence the alarm
Last update on 2020-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API