August 19, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V607000
A container that is not securely attached to the trailer can increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V607
Manufacturer Manac Inc.
Potential Number of Units Affected 44
MANAC, Inc. (MANAC) is recalling certain 2011-2020 Flatbed trailers. The Buffers USA Twistlock configuration may unintentionally rotate to the unlock position, potentially allowing the container that the trailer is transporting to become unstable or detach from the trailer.
Manac will notify owners and will provide a secondary locking mechanism to secure the twistlock configuration, free of charge. The recall began October 31, 2019. Owners may contact Manac customer service at 1-800-361-7900.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
November XX, 2019
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
Attention: Mr. XX
|Re:||Defect Notice by Manac Inc. and Manac Trailers USA Inc. (collectively “Manac”) – NHTSA Recall #19V607 Defect relating to twistlocks affixed to Manac flatbed semi-trailers|
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Manac has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain Manac flatbed semi-trailers registered in the US, all of which were manufactured by its facility in Oran, Missouri (United States) (the “Affected Units”).
! I M P O R T A N T !
SEE APPENDIX A FOR THE LIST OF YOUR AFFECTED UNITS
Description of defect and risk to motor vehicle safety:
The defect consists of the potential non-compliance of a certain twistlock securing configuration when installed on a stand-alone basis, specifically Buffers USA Twistlock Model 3600-HA, for the transport of intermodal container, as required by regulation.
Depending, amongst other things, on the weight and distribution of the container loaded on the trailer, the securing twistlock configuration (Buffers USA Model 3600-HA) installed on the Affected Units, which does not comprise a secondary lock, may unintentionally rotate to the unlocked position and become ineffective in retaining the intermodal container on the trailer, potentially causing the container to become unstable, slip, tip or detach from the flatbed, therefore increasing the potential risk of cargo damage or loss, crash, property damage or loss, bodily injury and death.
Precautions you should take:
Owner/operators should immediately proceed with a visual inspection of their Affected Units for any indication that the twistlock cargo securing configuration is damaged, weakened or deformed, or that it show signs of evident wear and tear. Any such occurrences should be immediately reported to Manac and attended to. Operators of Affected Units must ensure that the twistlock used to secure a container is in a locked position at all times while transporting such container.
Manac is providing no-cost permanent remedy kits to proceed with the cargo securing configuration modification which mainly consists of the addition of a Buffers USA Swing Latch Assembly (Model 1101-3600-HA-18-SL) as a secondary lock to ensure that the 3600-HA Twistlock of Buffers USA does not rotate to the unlocked position.
Please contact Manac at 1 (800) 463-1628 or via [email protected] to make arrangements for the repair of your Affected Units in a repair facility suitable to your operating region. Repair instructions and required replacement parts, as appropriate, will be provided to each approved facility proceeding with the repair. Manac is conducting a voluntary safety recall at no charge to the owners, and all parts and agreed to labour will be at no cost to the owner.
If you are the lessor of this vehicle, please forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days to comply with federal regulations. Also, if you are no longer the owner of the Affected Units, please provide Manac with the contact information of the current owner(s).
If you have already paid to have your trailers repaired in relation with the present recall, you may be eligible for reimbursement of the charges you paid for the repair. To learn more about what you need to do to obtain reimbursement, call Manac customer service 1 (800) 463-1628.
If, after having attempted to take advantage of this recall, you believe you have not been able to have your Affected Units remedied without charge and within a reasonable amount of time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20590; or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
We apologize for any inconvenience this safety recall may cause, but safety is our first concern.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the foregoing.
NHTSA RECALL #19V607
APPENDIX A – LIST OF VIN NUMBERS FOR MANAC TRAILERSAFFECTED BY RECALL
The VIN numbers of your Affected Trailers involved in the recall are the following:
9 Affected Products
7 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-1
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-2
Recall 573 Report- Amendment 1
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: This listing includes 4 metal ratchet buckets and 4 heavy-duty black-painted steel double-J hooks; Each cargo strap is made of 1" wide durable polyester webbing and has a break strength of 3000lbs; We use unique molding technology to ensure our handles never fall off. black-painted steel double-J hooks won't scratch your equipment and keeps it in new condition;
- HIGH QUALITY: These 1.5" x 15' heavy-duty ratchet straps are made with double-thickness polyester webbing, which not only makes the straps soft so they don't scratch your load, but also makes them strong. The webbing is rot and weather resistance, and won't stretch when wet;
- SECURE YOUR EQUIPMENT: These straps offer a 3,000LB breaking strength. The black-painted steel double-J hooks provide a confident latch and won't bend like the cheaper S-hooks on other straps. In accordance with DOT regulations, these straps are made of highly-visible bright yellow webbing so they can easily be seen;
- PERFECT FIT: Ratchet tie downs are cargo straps that secure and protect various types of equipment such as moving appliances, lawn & garden equipment frames, motorcycles & more. Your vehicles or equipment are less likely to move during travel with a larger contact surface area and will prevent vehicle frames from being scratched;
- TOP QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Our heavy duty ratchet tie down straps are designed to withstand everyday wear & tear. They're very durable & won't fray for long-lasting performance;
- ✔ HAPPY HAULING: Strapping down furniture for a move? Hauling your motorcycle on a vacation? Tying down farm machines to go help your neighbor? Securing cargo pallets and boxes for deliveries? Tie-downs are a crucial part of your life and livelihood. Invest in quality.
- ✔ YOU GET: 2 large ratchet straps with steel double J-hooks. These straps are LARGE, measuring 27 feet long and 2 inches wide. Assembly Break Strength of 10,000 pounds, Working Load Limit of 3,333 pounds.
- ✔ ROBUST RATCHET: The 4" wide handle ratchet mechanism (and wire J-hooks!) are made of zinc-coated steel to protect against rust and corrosion. The large release lever makes it easy to tension the strap.
- ✔ STURDY STRAP: Made out of HEAVY DUTY polyester webbing that is UV Ray resistant and won't tear or stretch even when wet.
- 【Never Replace Your Ratchet Straps Again!】 - We can Promise that these will be the heaviest Heavy Duty Ratchet Straps you can buy. If you use it, you will no longer have the trouble of breaking ratchet straps! You will get 2 huge heavy duty ratchet straps with solid steel double wire J hook ends, Equipped with a carrying box , measuring 20 feet long and 2 inches wide. Assembly Break Strength of 13000 pounds, Working Load Limit of 4,333 pounds. Great for all your heavy duty needs!
- 【Why Our Ratchet Straps Cost $5 More?】 - Because our ratchet straps are genuine ratchet straps heavy duty. They are made of high-density polyester webbing, durable water resistant polyester won’t tear or stretch, with high impact resistance and durability. Only such ratchet straps can ensure the safety of your goods and furniture during the journey. The ratchet straps made of cheap materials are easy to wear and break, Bring you more distress and trouble. So don't waste your money to buy those
- 【Are Your Ratchet Straps Safe Enough?】 - Your life and cargo safety are our first considerations. You can't imagine what kind of disaster would the ratchet accidentally open or the straps break when the car is driving at high speed. This heavy duty ratchet strap have Double-track heavy-duty hooks, Spring-loaded release mechanism to prevent ratchets from accidentally opening, keep you and the goods for 100% Safety.
- 【Never Hurt Your Hands Again!】 - We believe that once you have used this heavy duty ratchet strap, you will love it because it's good operability. The 4" Wide handle ratchet mechanism of ratchet tie down straps (and double wire J-hooks!) are made of zinc-coated steel to protect against rust and corrosion. The ergonomic ratchet handle allows you to tighten and open the ratchet straps more easily, easy to use hand ratchet for reliable securement, preventing hurting your hands.
- 【100% Satisfaction Commitment】– We provide you with a high quality Heavy Duty Ratchet Strap, helping you fix your cargo more efficiently, simply and securely. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase drop us an email via Amazon and we will refund 100% of your purchase. That’s A Promise!
- Tying down a load safely is tough but crucial. That's why these tie down ratchet straps are made out of the MOST RELIABLE MATERIALS AVAILABLE with the highest standard workmanship: to ensure that your cargo is secured, keeping your load and all workpeople safe. Note that these tie-downs are only compatible with the Etrack system - which is NOT included in this product
- NEVER REPLACE YOUR STRAPS AGAIN! These ratchet tie-down cargo straps are made out of DURABLE GREY polyester webbing (strap material) that is water-resistant and UV ray-resistant, safeguarding them from mold and mildew growth and ensuring they will not shrink or stretch even when wet; THESE 2" WIDE X 16' LONG STURDY RATCHETING LOGISTIC CARGO TIE-DOWN STRAPS have a webbing break strength of 6,000 pounds, an assembly break strength of 3,000 pounds, and a SAFE TOP WORKING LOAD LIMIT of 1,000 pounds
- EASILY SECURE cargo loads such as kayaks, power tools, motorcycles and bikes, camping equipment, delivery boxes, and other freight in your box truck, cargo van, pickup bed, flatbed/utility trailer, enclosed trailer, or warehouse with the convenient and versatile E track system; these grey Etrack strap tiedowns have at each end an E TRACK SPRING FITTING attachment that clicks into any standard 2.5" x 1" slot on horizontal or vertical E track rails or singles
- SEE THE 7th IMAGE for a 6-step visual how-to guide, which we also send by email upon purchase, and read the product description below for a step by step list. Open the ratchet by lifting the lever and threading the loose strap end around the bottom rod of the spindle (ratchet handle), pull the excess webbing through and pump the strap tight until it is WRAPPED SECURELY AROUND YOUR CARGO LOAD; then clip the lever down and your load is immovable!
- CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO VIEW more ways to use these awesome E-track tiedown cargo straps. These E-track ratchet tie-down straps are also available in value packs of 2, 4, and 10. We offer reliable and friendly customer service and a CONFIDENT 100% PAYMENT-BACK HAPPINESS GUARANTEE on all of our products! Live with the assurance that DC Cargo Mall has got your back and your valued goods will always be safe when tied down with our SUPERIOR ETRACK STRAPS
- LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION TO the constant mess of worn out straps and badly-placed D ring anchors? Try an E-track strap! RELIABLE, FLEXIBLE, STRONG – they’re THE PERFECT TIE-DOWN STRAP.
- (2 pack) THESE 2" x 20' ETRACK RATCHET STRAPS work with all standard E track rails – no hooks or loose ends. Not sure about the E-track system? See the pictures for a guide and see below for a simple download to explain it simply!
- WHY ARE RATCHETS SO BELOVED by truckers and drivers all over? Because they work! They secure your cargo tightly and give these strong polyester straps a 1000 pound working load limit each.
- PERFECT FOR ALL KINDS OF LOADS! Moving boxes, furniture, ATVs, landscaping equipment, oil drums – you got it, these WONDERFULLY DURABLE STRAP TIEDOWNS hold it.
- As a happy CUSTOMER POINTED OUT, "the straps are folded and stitched at the end to keep them from sliding through the cam buckle." Of course! QUALITY is just part of manufacturing tie-downs that truckers, drivers, business owners, campers – and ANYONE CAN RELY ON, and we’re proud to pass it on to you with a 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE.
- MOVE YOUR CARGO SAFELY: If you are looking for safe and highly effective ways to transfer your cargo, then our ratchet straps are the way to go. Tie down anything you want and keep it safe while in transit. These cargo straps are tested and trusted for heavy duty work!
- NEW SECURE DESIGN: New buckle down designed for a secure fit, these ratcheting straps have adjustable handles and locks. Adjust anchor ties to your needs and secure any object into place with these tie down hooks. No more worries about cargo sliding or falling down.
- DURABLE AND ERGONOMIC: This heavy duty tie down strap set have high quality Polyester webbing and unlike Nylon ones, won’t lose shape or stretch in time. The ergonomic rubber coated S hooks will haul your cargo without scratching or damaging.
- PROTECT YOUR CARGO: Travel and tow safely. No more worries about cargo moving, damaged goods and scratched surfaces. Perfect for moving companies, home renovations, RVs, jet skis, motorcycles, mountain bikes, luggage, boats, kayaks, tents and more.
- GET THESE RATCHET TIE DOWNS RISK FREE: Since your satisfaction is our top priority, these 4 ratcheting straps are backed by our lifetime money back guarantee. They come with a bonus carrying pouch and an instructional booklet for easy transport and use.
- Never Replace Your Ratchet Straps Again! - We can Promise that these will be the heaviest Heavy Duty Ratchet Straps you can buy. If you use it, you will not have the trouble of a broken ratchet straps Again! You will get 2 huge heavy duty ratchet straps with steel double J-hooks ( in portable storage box ), measuring 20 feet long and 2 inches wide. Assembly Break Strength of 13,333 pounds, Working Load Limit of 4,333 pounds.
- Why Our Ratchet Straps Cost $10 More? - Because our ratchet straps are truly heavy duty ratchet straps. They are made of high-density polyester webbing, with high impact resistance and durability. Only such ratchet straps can ensure the safety of your goods and furniture during the journey. The ratchet straps made of cheap materials are easy to wear and break, Bring you more distress and trouble. So don't waste your money to buy those cheap straps.
- Are Your Ratchet Straps Safe Enough? - Your life and cargo safety are our first considerations. You can't imagine what kind of disaster would the ratchet accidentally open or the straps break when the car is driving at high speed. This heavy duty ratchet strap have Double-track heavy-duty hooks, Spring-loaded release mechanism to prevent ratchets from accidentally opening, keep you and the goods for 100% Safety.
- Never Hurt Your Hands Again! - We believe that once you have used this heavy duty ratchet strap, you will love it because it's good operability . The 4" Wide handle ratchet mechanism of ratchet tie down straps (and double wire J-hooks!) are made of zinc-coated steel to protect against rust and corrosion. The ergonomic ratchet handle allows you to tighten and open the ratchet straps more easily, preventing hurting your hands.
- 100% Satisfaction Commitment– We provide you with a high quality Heavy Duty Ratchet Strap, helping you fix your cargo more efficiently, simply and securely. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase drop us an email and we will refund 100% of your purchase. That’s A Promise!
- KEEP YOUR CARGO SAFE & SECURE OR WE'LL RETURN YOUR MONEY! - Unlike the average straps which break after 6 months, professionals use our 2500 break strength, 833lb working load cap straps for mass truck tie down for years, no reason why you shouldn't. Have peace of mind while moving your cargo.
- EASY AND CONVENIENT TO USE, NO OTHER STRAP COMPARES - Say NO to straps which bruise your hand. The rubberized hooks and rachet handles will protect your hand and your precious motorcycle from getting scratches while trucking. New to ratcheting? We provide you with the instructional guide for proper use.
- DRIVE WITH CONFIDENCE WITH CLOSED S-HOOKS + STITCHING WHICH DOESN'T COME LOSE - Unlike other straps which have open hooks, Sunferno straps have closed S-hooks so that the webbing doesn't slip off the hook when you are driving. The webbing is made of UV ray protected material and strong sewing patterns for lifetime use.
- WE DON'T LIKE WASTING YOUR TIME, SO HERE'S THE DEAL - Within 30 days of purchase, if you feel this isn't the Best looking, Most durable & Best value Ratchet Tie Down Strap Set you have ever used for the price, we'll offer you a full refund for wasting your time, Deal? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Order Now!!
- ORDER NOW FOR THESE AMAZING LIMITED TIME BONUSES - With 4 Ratcheting Straps you get Bonus 4 Loops Straps ($9.97 Value) + FREE Ratcheting guide ebook ($15.97 Value) and a FREE Carry Bag ($5 Value) - A total of $30.94 FREE value. You won't get a better deal than this.
- HIGH QUALITY RATCHET TIE DOWN STRAPS – Travel with peace of mind if you've got the top rated industrial grade AUGO tie down straps!
- RUBBER COATED "S" HOOKS - Prevent your cargo and vehicle from being scratched!
- ERGONOMIC HANDLES ARE MOLDED ON – AUGO has unique molding technology. Our handles will never fall off!
- ADJUST TO THE SIZE OF YOUR CARGO – 15 ft. of webbing will securely hold big or small loads!
- TWO AUGO BUNGEE CORDS – Comes in handy. Added for your convenience!
Last update on 2021-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API