NHTSA ID Number: 10162092
Manufacturer Communication Number: TSB140061-051420
This Technical Service Bulletin describes the verification and resolution of repeated external oil leaks from the lubricating oil pan and lubricating oil pan gasket for the same engine serial number (ESN), or multiple ESNs in the same application and operating environment with complaints of an external oil leak from the lubricating oil pan and lubricating oil pan gasket. This is an update to a previously submitted communication.
3 Affected Products
|BRAND||PART NO.||PRODUCTION DATES|
Technical Service Bulletin
|Technical Service Bulletin:
|Released Date: 14-May-2019|
|ISL/QSL and ISC/QSC External Oil Leaks From Oil Pan and Oil Pan Gasket|
The ISC/QSC CM850/CM2150/CM2250/CM2350, ISL G CM2180, and ISL/QSL CM850/CM2150/CM2250/CM2350 product lines offer multiple lubricating oil pan options that vary the orientation and mounting hardware. The lubricating oil pan option is selected by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) based upon the application needs. Lubricating oil pan options, which include the block stiffener plate, may provide additional robustness in high duty cycle applications, or applications where the chassis and powertrain is subjected to elevated levels of bending and twisting.
Repeated external oil leaks from the lubricating oil pan and lubricating oil pan gasket for the same engine serial number (ESN), or multiple ESNs in the same application and operating environment with complaints of an external oil leak from the lubricating oil pan and lubricating oil pan gasket.
The installation of the block stiffener plate, Part Number 3927606, may reduce instances of the lubricating oil pan leaking and cracking on ISL/QSL and ISC/QSC engines. There may be some variation between the required parts, depending on the original lubricating oil pan option. It is the responsibility of the repair location to make sure that the proper parts are installed and the lubricating oil pan (OP) option is correctly updated on QuickServe® Online. Contact a Cummins® Authorized Repair Location or Cummins® Distributor for a list of oil pan options. Note that oil pan options which use a sealant between the block and block stiffener have been obsoleted. When installing the block stiffener, edge molded gasket, Part Number 3930408, must be installed between the block and the block stiffener. For additional support, contact a Cummins® Authorized Repair Location or Cummins® Distributor.
Table 1 provides a list of additional parts that are needed for installation of the block stiffener. Installation of the block stiffener adds 1 quart of capacity to the lubricating oil pan. Dipstick recalibration is recommended, but not required.
|Table 1, Additional Parts Needed for Block Stiffener Upfit|
|Part Number||Part Name||Quantity||Notes|
|3927606||Plate, Stiffener||1||Block stiffener.|
|3930408||Edge Molded Gasket||1||Gasket between block and block stiffener plate.|
|3900632||Lubricating Oil Pan Capscrew||32||Longer capscrew needed with addition of stiffener plate.|
|3928737||Suction Tube Brace||1||Tube brace with spacers for stiffener.|
|3901865||Suction Tube Brace Capscrews||2||For new tube brace.|
For installation instructions, reference the appropriate sections and procedures of the Service Manual or Troubleshooting and Repair Manual for the engine being serviced:
- Procedure 001-089 (Block Stiffener Plate) in Section 1.
- Procedure 007-025 (Lubricating Oil Pan) in Section 7.
- Procedure 007-035 (Lubricating Oil Suction Tube) in Section 7.
The information in this document has no effect on present warranty coverage or repair practices, nor does it authorize TRP or Campaign actions.
|2016-4-18||Added ISL G CM2180|
|2016-7-13||Corrected spelling error.|
|2019-5-14||Corrected lubricating oil pan capscrew part number.|
Last Modified: 14-May-2019
Technical Service Bulletin:
- “The Only One“ endorsed and recommended by Cummins
- Superior synthetic base stocks provide faster, safe starts during freezing weather and enhanced thermal properties for hot weather operations
- Outstanding oxidation resistance supports long oil life in heavy duty engines
- Superior wear protection for hardworking heavy-duty trucks and equipment
- Full synthetic 5W-40 diesel engine oil with Triple Protection Plus technology protects against wear, deposits, oil breakdown, and improves low-temperature flow
- Exceptional wear protection for longer life in a wide range of heavy-duty engine applications — from pickup trucks to tractors to semi rigs
- Enhanced fuel economy capability of 1.5 percent without compromising engine protection or durability (compared to 15W-40 oils)
- Multi-functional dispersant additives provide an enhanced level of protection against the effects of soot, dirt, and other contaminants (compared to previous formulation)
- Increased shear stability for better viscosity control and optimal engine oil pressure
- Synthetic blend 15W-40 diesel engine oil with Triple Protection Plus technology protects against wear, deposits, and oil breakdown
- Ideal for on-highway fleets, construction, and agricultural machinery, and diesel pickup trucks — including high-power vehicles that require resistance to heat and stress
- Improves low-temperature flow (compared to conventional 15W-40 oils)
- Helps control engine deposits for reliability at extended oil drain intervals (always follow the OEM recommended oil drain interval)
- Controls engine wear 37 percent better than the maximum wear requirements in API CK-4 engine wear tests
- It satisfies the requirements as well as most other domestic and import diesel engine manufacturers
- Country of Origin : United States
- The Package Height of the Product is 14.0 inches
- The Package Length of the Product is 8.0 inches
- CRP organic, metallic, Moly plating technology for unsurpassed wear protection, oxidation, and high temp stability
- Friction modified and VI stabilizer pre-boosted; un-rivaled turbo-charger protection; will not create deposits and ash on turbo bearings (will not fry on the turbo)
- Contains state-of-the-art dispersal and ash control systems to keep your engine extremely clean
- Extreme drain intervals capabilities; 25,000-mile drain interval for pickups and 80,000 for class 8 semi-trucks
- Eliminates the need to clean diesel particulate filters and is for use in virtually all diesel-powered pickups and heavy-duty trucks, both pre 2007 and post 2007 models fitted with emission control systems
- Unique Additive Technology for UNSURPASSED WEAR PROTECTION, oxidation, and high temp stability. 60% lower wear than leading lubricants and standards. WIDE RANGE COMPATIBLE - Compatible with all heavy-duty diesel engines.
- HIGHEST VISCOSITY INDEX any 5W-40 motor oil, of any brand, with exceptional stability and flow properties. Friction modified and VI stabilizer pre-boosted. Un-rivaled turbo-charger protection, will not create deposits and ash on turbo bearings (will not fry on the turbo). Up to 4% Fuel economy vs any 15W-40. COLD FLOW - Exceptional cold flow down to - 46 F.
- OUTSTANDING POWER-STROKE PERFORMANCE Including 6.0 L turbo diesel: ELIMINATES STICTION AND INJECTOR ISSUES that plague Power-stroke engines - No need for additional additives - Contains state-of-the-art dispersal and ash control systems to keep your engine extremely clean.
- EXTREME DRAIN CAPABILITIES: 25,000 mile drain interval for pickups and 80,000 for class 8 semi-trucks*
- WHAT WILL YOU NOTICE THE FIRST TIME YOU SWITCH? - Dramatic reduction of engine noise. Improved fuel economy by at least 2%. Substantially longer drain intervals vs all other brands. Virtually no deposits on turbos. Significantly improved oil analysis results and engine durability.
- For best performance, follow the manufacturer's recommendations in your vehicle owner’s manual.
- Superior corrosion protection
- Top quality synthetic base oils provide excellent cold flow and protection at all operating temperatures
- Robust detergents remove deposits and maintain engine cleanliness
- Greatly extends oil drain intervals
- Recommeded for engines specifying API service CI-4, CI-4 Plus, CJ-4, and CK-4
Last update on 2022-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.