March 5, 2019
When the vehicle is in neutral with the ignition and the parking brake off, the vehicle may move. Using the wheelchair lift during this time can increase the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V170
Manufacturer Daimler Trucks North America LLC
Components EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE
Potential Number of Units Affected 410
Daimler Trucks North America LLC (DTNA) is recalling certain 2003-2019 Thomas Built Buses Minotour school buses built on a Ford chassis equipped with a specific wheelchair lift option. The wheelchair lift can be operated without the parking brake being engaged after they key is turned off.
DTNA has notified owners, and dealers will modify the wheelchair lift wiring harness, free of charge. DTNA issued owners an interim notification on April 10, 2019. A second letter will be mailed when the remedy is available. Owners may contact DTNA customer service at 1-800-547-0712. DTNA's number for this recall is FL-811.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
North America LLC
Interim Recall Notice
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
See enclosed VIN list
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Daimler Trucks North America LLC, on behalf of its wholly owned subsidiary, Thomas Built Buses, Inc., has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists on specific Thomas Built Buses Minotour school buses built on a Ford chassis and manufactured April 4, 2015, through June 14, 2015, with an optional wheelchair lift.
On certain buses equipped with a specific wheelchair lift option, the interlock may not prevent the wheelchair lift from operating when the parking brake is released after the key is turned off. If an operator improperly operates the lift in this condition, the vehicle could move, increasing the risk of personal injury.
This is the first of two notices you will receive regarding this subject. This letter is to inform you of an upcoming Recall to correct the issue noted above. The repair is being validated and parts are being procured. You may continue to operate your vehicle.
The second notice will inform you when the final remedy is available. When you receive the second notice, please contact your authorized Thomas Built Buses dealer to schedule the Recall for your vehicle.
If you have any questions about this recall, please contact the Warranty Department at (336) 889-4871, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. If you are not able to have the defect remedied without charge and within a reasonable time, you may wish to submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590; or call the Vehicle Safety Hotline at (888) 3274236 (TTY: (800) 424-9153); or to http://www.safercar.gov.
We regret any inconvenience this action may cause but feel certain you understand our interest in motor vehicle safety.
THOMAS BUILT BUSES WARRANTY DEPARTMENT
17 Affected Products
|THOMAS BUILT BUSES||MINOTOUR||2003-2019|
5 Associated Documents
Miscellaneous Document- 573 Defect Information Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Defect Notice 573 Report
- This Prohoists wheelchair carrier is designed to allow easy loading and transporting of your wheelchair, scooter or other item. Each carrier includes a extra long 5' ramp when fully extended. It quickly folds and locks for transporting. The ramp will also detach if not needed or for storage.
- The entire carrier has the option of tilting upward and locking in the upright position for transporting without a load. This allows more parking room within your garage or elsewhere. Quick release spring loaded pins allow for easy unlocking of the ramp.
- Large hand cut-outs allow easy lifting of the carrier. Each cut-out has a rubber insert for padding. Handles also allow easy controlled lifting of the carrier.
- Anti-Wobble Device fuses the carrier and the trailer hitch receiver together to reduce movement and prevent trailer hitch receiver damage. Reflectors Included For Your Safety.
- Inside (usable) platform measurements: 46.5" width X 28" length X 4" high rail. Please note that this item requires a Class III 2 inch hitch.
- Transports a single manual wheelchair using an existing vehicle hitch ball mount
- Platform tilts for easy loading and unloading
- Height adjustable stability Arm Secures Wheelchair in place
- Folds upright for storage between uses
- Heavy duty steel construction with a maximum 100 lb capacity
- UNIQUE CUT-OUT DESIGN: This firm, high density memory foam cushion reduces pressure on your spine, tailbone, and lumbar discs. It ensures your tailbone doesn't touch the sitting surface, preventing discomfort or soreness.
- RELIEVES PAINFUL PRESSURE POINTS: Provides excellent back support and relieves the side effects resulting from pressing on the lower tailbone area. Getting rid of this pressure helps relieve hip and back pain, pregnancy related pain, herniated discs, sciatica, an injured tailbone, pressure sores, and numbness.
- FIRM, HIGH DENSITY MEMORY FOAM: Heavy Duty Thicker Memory Foam to Support Heavier Users. (Size - 18" x 16" x 3.5"). High density prevents cushion from flattening.
- CURVED SURFACE PROVIDES SUPPORT FOR BUTTOCKS, HIPS, AND THIGHS: Ergonomic design gently cradles your buttocks and the back of your upper thighs with its curved surface, evenly distributing weight and promoting proper posture and spinal alignment. Perfect for Office, Car, Kitchen, or Dining Room Chairs.
- WASHABLE, BREATHABLE VELOUR COVER WITH BUILT-IN HANDLES AND NON-SLIP BOTTOM: The high quality cover made with tiny holes to improve circulation and prevent the buildup of moisture or sweat, making it an ideal choice for prolonged use. Simply unzip the removable cover and place it in the washing machine or hand wash it for a fresh and clean sitting. Non-slip bottom keeps your cushion in place. Built-in handles make it easy to bring it with you wherever you go.
- Designed to carry a wide range of power wheelchairs.
- No Wheelchair Modifications
- Motor cover with key lock, toggle switch, license plate holder and light
- Power Lifting; Automatic folding when unoccupied
- AL123/HD Class lll hitch adapter
- YOUR FIRM, 4 INCH FOAM SEAT RISER CUSHION MAKES IT EASIER TO RISE from wheelchairs, car seats, office chairs, or chairs around the house. Especially helpful for low or soft chairs
- INCLUDES REMOVABLE HARD BOARD INSERT FOR ADDITIONAL FIRMNESS AND REMOVABLE COVER with strap handles for easy carrying. The hard board insert eliminates the bowing or hammock effect in wheelchairs
- PERFECT CAR SEAT CUSHION FOR DRIVERS who need more height for seeing over the dash or getting out of the car easier. Fits easily at 16 by 16 by 4 inches and weighs only 3.1 pounds
- HELP REDUCE BACK PAIN AND MAKE GETTING UP EASIER AND MORE COMFORTABLE FOR YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES at home, in the car, the office, at the doctors office, or traveling. Your seat riser cushion will provide the lift you are looking for
- WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE: Amazon Exclusive Limited warranty may apply. Please see product for additional details. Note: we can only guarantee the quality of this product when sold through Amazon.com or Brazos Walking Sticks
- DAILY TOOLS: This is a can help move paralyzed patients, obese patients, care for the elderly daily use of tools. Used for patient care in nursing homes and hospitals.
- MULTIPLE USES: transfer sling is a universal transfer device with multiple uses and applications that prevent the patient's skin from being worn while moving the patient. Aids with transitions from bed, chair, car, walker, bathroom, etc.
- EASY TO USE: Double loop handles with super grip padding Evenly support the weight of the patient - Handles Padded to Ensure a Safe Lifting/Transferring Experience; use to also help reposition in bed, chair. Suitable for caring for patients in one person's circumstances.
- VERY DURABLE: Stand assist sling the material used is nylon Oxford cloth, reinforced stitching, very strong and durable, the maximum weight is 200 pounds.
- EASY TO CARRY and STORED.
- Light duty, economical yet effective solution with Manual rotation with lockout pin
- Weather-resistant design and hand control
- Offset post allows mobility device to be safely loaded/unloaded curbside
- Universal base adapter
- Choice of docking device
- Materials: Made of Oxford cloth mixing with cotton which makes the item feel soft, you would feel super comfortable when it touched with your skins. Withstand the weight is 220 lb.
- Reduce Stress: Even two person could operate it easily, this paralyzed belt could help reduce the pressure of home nursing and family care effectively.
- Function: Simple and easy to use transfer pad for transferring patient from the wheelchair to the bed, car, or another chair.
- 4 handles help distribute the patients weight evenly over, ease positioning and transfer safety.
- Suitable for people who are paralyzed, elderly, disabled or injured.
Last update on 2019-04-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-04-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API