March 5, 2019
When the vehicle is in neutral with the ignition and the parking brake off, the vehicle may move. Using the wheelchair lift during this time can increase the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V170
Manufacturer Daimler Trucks North America LLC
Components EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE
Potential Number of Units Affected 410
Daimler Trucks North America LLC (DTNA) is recalling certain 2003-2019 Thomas Built Buses Minotour school buses built on a Ford chassis equipped with a specific wheelchair lift option. The wheelchair lift can be operated without the parking brake being engaged after they key is turned off.
DTNA has notified owners, and dealers will modify the wheelchair lift wiring harness, free of charge. DTNA issued owners an interim notification on April 10, 2019. A second letter will be mailed when the remedy is available. Owners may contact DTNA customer service at 1-800-547-0712. DTNA's number for this recall is FL-811.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
North America LLC
Interim Recall Notice
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
See enclosed VIN list
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Daimler Trucks North America LLC, on behalf of its wholly owned subsidiary, Thomas Built Buses, Inc., has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists on specific Thomas Built Buses Minotour school buses built on a Ford chassis and manufactured April 4, 2015, through June 14, 2015, with an optional wheelchair lift.
On certain buses equipped with a specific wheelchair lift option, the interlock may not prevent the wheelchair lift from operating when the parking brake is released after the key is turned off. If an operator improperly operates the lift in this condition, the vehicle could move, increasing the risk of personal injury.
This is the first of two notices you will receive regarding this subject. This letter is to inform you of an upcoming Recall to correct the issue noted above. The repair is being validated and parts are being procured. You may continue to operate your vehicle.
The second notice will inform you when the final remedy is available. When you receive the second notice, please contact your authorized Thomas Built Buses dealer to schedule the Recall for your vehicle.
If you have any questions about this recall, please contact the Warranty Department at (336) 889-4871, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. If you are not able to have the defect remedied without charge and within a reasonable time, you may wish to submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590; or call the Vehicle Safety Hotline at (888) 3274236 (TTY: (800) 424-9153); or to http://www.safercar.gov.
We regret any inconvenience this action may cause but feel certain you understand our interest in motor vehicle safety.
THOMAS BUILT BUSES WARRANTY DEPARTMENT
17 Affected Products
|THOMAS BUILT BUSES||MINOTOUR||2003-2019|
5 Associated Documents
Miscellaneous Document- 573 Defect Information Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Defect Notice 573 Report
- Transports a single manual wheelchair using an existing vehicle hitch ball mount
- Platform tilts for easy loading and unloading
- Height adjustable stability Arm Secures Wheelchair in place
- Folds upright for storage between uses
- Heavy duty steel construction with a maximum 100 lb capacity
- This Prohoists wheelchair carrier is designed to allow easy loading and transporting of your wheelchair, scooter or other item. Each carrier includes a extra long 5' ramp when fully extended. It quickly folds and locks for transporting. The ramp will also detach if not needed or for storage.
- The entire carrier has the option of tilting upward and locking in the upright position for transporting without a load. This allows more parking room within your garage or elsewhere. Quick release spring loaded pins allow for easy unlocking of the ramp.
- Large hand cut-outs allow easy lifting of the carrier. Each cut-out has a rubber insert for padding. Handles also allow easy controlled lifting of the carrier.
- Anti-Wobble Device fuses the carrier and the trailer hitch receiver together to reduce movement and prevent trailer hitch receiver damage. Reflectors Included For Your Safety.
- Inside (usable) platform measurements: 46.5" width X 28" length X 4" high rail. Please note that this item requires a Class III 2 inch hitch.
- For scooter or powerchair transport up to 42" x 27" wheelbase
- Works with Class II, III, or IV vehicle hitch receivers
- Includes self-tension retractors, manual crank backup, license plate holder
- Safely supports up to a maximum 350 lbs
- Durable and reliable construction - Made in the USA
- MADE WITH HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL - The Stand Assist's sturdy, steel design provides maximum strength while the base with locking rear casters, black non-slip foot rests and dual grab bars provide the user with additional safety and security. First choice for any fall prevention with a maximum weight capacity of 400 lb. while allowing the user to actively participate in the transfer. The Pivit Stand Assist is designed for residents who have the strength and stability to lift and support themselve
- MAINTAIN YOUR INDEPENDENCE IN THE HOME YOU LOVE - The Pivit Stand Assist is a transport-assistance unit that keeps your loved one actively engaged in the transport process. All transport functions are quick, convenient and require minimal caregiver assistance. This fall-prevention device was designed for not just the elderly, but caregivers as well. It is the perfect solution for transferring patients in small rooms with low beds. Restores activity that was once gated no need for draw sheets, ga
- OUTSTANDING COMFORT - The Stand Assist features dual knee pads and a seat for comfortable transport improving both the user and caregiver's safety. The folding padded split seat swings out to allow loading and unloading, then swings back to form a comfortable and stable transport seat. A padded shin brace for secure a stable transport. Transports have additional attachment hooks for a support straps are also optional raising belt for stand transfer.
- PERFECT FOR ANY HOME - Fits easily through narrow doorways and has transport function of all kinds that're quick, convenient and require minimal caregiver assistance to easily get your loved one moving and walking again get to the bath, couch, walker, cane, bath benches or shower chairs. The Stand Assist equipment is lightweight and easily transfers the patient from a sitting to a standing position and visa versa. This stand assist the perfect blend of form and function for patient transfers.
- COST-EFFECTIVE - This is an affordable alternative to an electric sit-to-stand lifts and is quickly becoming the most popular medical lifting aid solution for at-home care with little training needed. Our design is so simple and reliable for not only doctors, nurses, EMTs, physical therapists but at home too. Easy to bth service and disassemble.
- Carry scooters and wheelchairs behind any vehicle with a Class III or IV 2" hitch receiver
- Folds upright against vehicle when not in use and includes ten tie-down points for maximum security
- Includes a three-position, folding loading ramp, anti-rattle device, and 5/8" hitch pin
- Manufactured from durable, powder-coated steel with a 500 lb. weight capacity
- Platform measures 48" L x 28" W; ramp measures 59.125" L x 27.5" W
- PREMIUM MATERIAL LIFT SLING TRANSFER BELT: Constructed with strong nylon webbing, the belt stitching is reinforced for exceptional durability. The transfer gait belt back is four inches wide to provide a comfortable experience with greater area of contact to easily disperse pressure. The extra width also enables the belt to handle a higher weight load and not ride up on the patient's sides.
- MAKES TRANSFERS EASIER: Simple, lightweight and convenient. Aids with transitions from bed, chair, car, walker, bathroom, etc. Versatile-use to also help re position in bed, chair.
- HELPS PREVENT CAREGIVER STRAIN: The most common injuries caregivers experience are to the back, neck, and shoulders, often caused by lifting/ pulling motions. Proper use of the Transfer Belt/Sling by Shorewood Medical can help prevent these strains.
- COMFORTABLE, WIDE DESIGN: Non slip and PADDED. Unlike some belts, which can be difficult to fasten and put force on a small area, this Transfer sling/belt is wide and comfortable and won't slide up.
- WARRANTY: If you are not satisfaction with our transfer aid sling in anytime, feel free to contact us, you will get a full refund or a new replacement with no question asked.
- UNIQUE CUT-OUT DESIGN: This firm, high density memory foam cushion reduces pressure on your spine, tailbone, and lumbar discs. It ensures your tailbone doesn't touch the sitting surface, preventing discomfort or soreness.
- RELIEVES PAINFUL PRESSURE POINTS: Provides excellent back support and relieves the side effects resulting from pressing on the lower tailbone area. Getting rid of this pressure helps relieve hip and back pain, pregnancy related pain, herniated discs, sciatica, an injured tailbone, pressure sores, and numbness.
- FIRM, HIGH DENSITY MEMORY FOAM: Heavy Duty Thicker Memory Foam to Support Heavier Users. (Size - 18" x 16" x 3.5"). High density prevents cushion from flattening.
- CURVED SURFACE PROVIDES SUPPORT FOR BUTTOCKS, HIPS, AND THIGHS: Ergonomic design gently cradles your buttocks and the back of your upper thighs with its curved surface, evenly distributing weight and promoting proper posture and spinal alignment. Perfect for Office, Car, Kitchen, or Dining Room Chairs.
- WASHABLE, BREATHABLE VELOUR COVER WITH BUILT-IN HANDLES AND NON-SLIP BOTTOM: The high quality cover made with tiny holes to improve circulation and prevent the buildup of moisture or sweat, making it an ideal choice for prolonged use. Simply unzip the removable cover and place it in the washing machine or hand wash it for a fresh and clean sitting. Non-slip bottom keeps your cushion in place. Built-in handles make it easy to bring it with you wherever you go.
- TRANSPORTS MOST SCOOTERS & WHEELCHAIRS: Maneuvering a wheelchair can be difficult enough on its own. Transporting it shouldn't bring you extra stress. Our medical rack can support most power scooters and electric wheelchairs. Just load your wheelchair onto this mobile ramp and you're ready to go! Experience it for yourself. Order today.
- EASY USE: This mobility ramp is for use with 2" class III or IV trailer hitches. It is not for use with 1 1/4-inch hitches. It can fold up flat and vertically against the rear of the vehicle when not in use. The ramp features a quick action spring pull pin that secures the ramp for transport, making travel more convenient for you.
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL: Steel is a metal that is renowned for its ability to bear heavy loads. Our mobile ramp is constructed from heavy-duty steel, giving it an impressive weight capacity of 500 pounds. Because it's made of steel, it will resist corrosion, bending, and bowing. This foldable carrier can give you several years of use.
- MEASUREMENTS: The MC500 carrier weighs approximately 86 pounds. It measures at 46.5 inches in length and 28 inches in width. It has a tray depth of 4 1/4 inches. Your mobile scooter or wheelchair will fit nicely on the tray. The ramp's compact size is perfect for travel and transportation. It won't feel bulky or overbearing whenever you drive.
- ABOUT TITAN: At Titan, we pride ourselves in our excellent communication capabilities. We are a company that is based in the USA and are always willing to answer questions if you need to contact us. We're proud to offer a 1-year warranty and If you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we provide a money-back guarantee.
Last update on 2019-06-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-06-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API