March 1, 2019
If the brake lights incorrectly illuminate, it can confuse other drivers, possibly increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V161
Manufacturer SVI Trucks
Components EXTERIOR LIGHTING
Potential Number of Units Affected 16
SVI Trucks (SVI) is recalling certain 2018 Light Rescue, Heavy Rescue, Fire Engine, Haz-Mat and Wildland emergency vehicles equipped with Whelen brake lights. Depending on the specific wiring of the vehicle, these brake lights may illuminate when the brake pedal has not been pressed. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
To: SVI Dealers
Re: SVI Safety Defect 19V-161
Please see attachments about important safety recall information regarding fire apparatus you sold in late 2018.
If you experience any difficulty obtaining the needed replacement parts or have any questions related to this safety defect, please email Rich Kunish [email protected] or phone 970-297-7056.
We apologize for any inconvenience this safety recall may cause, but your customers safety is our first concern.
Re: SVI Safety Defect 19V-161
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Letters have also been sent to all the owners of vehicles per attached list. Please contact owners immediately, If the brake lights incorrectly illuminate, it can confuse other drivers, possibly increasing the risk of a crash.
* * * IMPORTANT SAFETY DEFECT 19V-161* * *
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. SVI has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2018 SVI Trucks fire apparatus equipped with Whelen brake lights. Depending on the specific wiring of the vehicle, these brake lights may illuminate when the brake pedal has not been pressed. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment." We urge you to have the free repair performed at your selling dealership as soon as possible.
|Recall Number and Description:||19V161 – Brake Light may Randomly Illuminate/FMVSS 108|
|What is the Issue?||Whelen Engineering Co Inc. (Whelen) is recalling various models of accessory brake lights for use with emergency vehicles. Depending on the specific wiring of the vehicle, these brake lights may illuminate when the brake pedal has not been pressed. If the brake lights incorrectly illuminate, it can confuse other drivers, possibly increasing the risk of a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment." For a full list of the affected models visit:
|What Are We Asking You To Do?||Whelen will reimburse you for any reasonable labor charges for the time needed to replace the recalled brake lights on your vehicles. A detailed labor quote should be submitted to Whelen including purchase information and product model number. The labor quote should indicate the product recall number, which is 18E-063. Labor quotes can be emailed to [email protected]whelen.com or faxed to 1-860-526-2207. If you have any questions about this recall, please call us at the number above. If you have already paid to have your Whelen recalled brake lights repaired for this condition, you may be eligible for reimbursement of the charges you paid for labor relating to the repair. To learn more about what you need to do to obtain reimbursement, please call Whelen at 1-860-718-2331 of fax the detailed labor quote, product recall number and product model number to 1-860-526- 2207.|
|If You Need Further Assistance.||If you are the lessor of this vehicle, please forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within 10 days to comply with federal regulations.
If after having attempted to take advantage of this recall you believe you have not been able to have your fire apparatus remedied without charge and within a reasonable amount of time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20590 or call the toll-free vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-3274236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
If you experience any difficulty obtaining the needed replacement parts or have any questions related to this safety defect, please email Rich Kunich at [email protected] or 970-297-7056.
We apologize for any inconvenience this safety recall may cause, but your safety is our first concern.
The vehicle owner is responsible for having this service action performed.
3842 Redman Drive – Fort Collins, CO 80524 USA
6 Affected Products
|SVI TRUCKS||FIRE ENGINE||2018|
|SVI TRUCKS||HEAVY RESCUE||2018|
|SVI TRUCKS||LIGHT RESCUE||2018|
|SVI TRUCKS||SVI TRUCKS||2018|
3 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Twice the life of standard incandescent bulbs
- Best value
- Original equipment quality seal for the most reliable performance
- Always replace in pairs to ensure a symmetric light beam from both bulbs on the road. Bulbs dim over time.
- Miniature bulbs by Philips, for over 100 years we have been continuously innovating automotive lighting
- (Set of 2) 1400 lumens per T20 7440 7443 LED Bulb, total 2600 lumens for both LED 7443 bulbs; Each 7440 7443 LED red turn signal brake stop light bulb is equipped with high illumination and high power 33 pieces 5730 LED chips.
- Built-in Intelligent IC driver and 6063 aviation aluminum material for best cooling and longer lifespan.
- Working Power: 8.5W, Volts: 12V ~ 24V; Waterproof IP67; Color: Pure Red ; Application: Used for upgrading turn signal blinker light, brake stop tail lights, side marker light,etc.
- T20 base, Cross reference number: 7440, 7441, 7443, 7442, 7444, W21W, WY21W, 7440A, 7440NAK, 7444NAK, 7443LL.etc.
- One year warranty. Please check the owner manual or the stock lamp to confirm the cross reference number before purchasing. Amazon fitment is only for reference, not 100% guaranteed accuracy.
- (Set of 2) Chips: 39 pieces high quality,high power with high illumination led chips per 7440 7443 red led bulb ---360 degree full angle illumination with projector lens design
- Color: Brilliant pure red;Working Voltage: 12V~18V with built in IC driver for better working performance;
- Fitment: replace the bulb harness of 992, 7440A, 7440AL, 7440NA, 7440, 7440LL, 7440ST, 7440NA, 7441, 7443, 7443LL, 7443ST, 7444, 7444LL,7444NA, W21W, W21/5W, 7443-SCK, 7443-SRCK, etc
- Application: Used for upgrading the T20 socket W21W 7440 7443 brake light lamp, this bulb is compatible both Standard and CK/SRCK Type,safe and easy installation.
- Warranty: Fully ONE YEAR guaranteed for the manufacturer defect.please check the owner manual or Amazon fitment note for brake stop light or tail light application before purchasing.NOT canbus free, extra load resistors maybe required to avoid the error code or signal hyper flash.
- SUPER BRIGHT LIGHTS - Yorkim 3157 LED bulbs are powered by 18 pcs of high quality 5050 chipsets to offer ultra brightness for your vehicle.
- SPECIFICATIONS - **Note for Turn Signal LED Bulb** 50w 6ohm Load Resistor (ASIN:B07KS6KMYG) is needed to prevent hyper flash or error code. Head diameter 18mm, Length 47mm, Voltage 12v, Color Temperature: 6500K (White).
- FITMENT - 3056 3057 3156 3157 4157, commonly used for backup reverse lights, brake lights or turn signal lights (need load resistor ASIN:B07KS6KMYG to prevent hyper flash or error code) . Bulb size may vary between trim of your vehicle, please double check your original bulb size/socket before purchase
- EASY TO INSTALL - Non-polarity design, simply plug and play
- SAITSFACTION GAURANTEED - Yorkim offers one year unlimited warranty for our products to make your purchase risk free!
- Package contain one pair PX chipsets led bulbs. Buy with confidence, We offer "ONE YEAR" warranty on item(s) that confirm to be manufacturer defect.
- Color:Brilliant Red.Size: 2.60" long and 0.75" in diameter. 21-pieces high power PX chipsets per bulb. It is perfect for customers who are looking for a Extremely bright output
- Lighting Output：2520 raw lumens, 1260 lumens for each bulb.Fits: 3156 3056 3356 3456 4156 3157 3047 3057 3357 3457 3757 4057 4111 4157 etc.
- The difference between running/tail (stage 1) and brake/signal (stage 2) light is great(the high intensity is about triple birhgter than the low intensity)
- Used for turn signal lights,brake lights,tail lights,etc
- (Set of 2) 7443 Strobe led brake light bulbs will strobe at the beginning braking mode for much easier notified and safer stop & then turn stable solid brake light (Legal blinking times) to avoid any automotive cars, trucks, SUVs, RVs rear-end collision.
- LED Chips: 39 pieces high quality,high power with high performance 2835 led chips per 7440/7443 strobe brake led bulb ---360 degree full angle illumination with projector lens design
- T20 7443 dual filament, big difference between high and low intensity light output, replacing rear 7440 7443 brake stop light, center high mount stop ( 3rd brake ) light,etc.Extra load resistors maybe required to avoid the error code or blinking issue.
- The length is about 2.09inch. Cross reference number: 992, 7440, 7440LL, 7440ST, 7441, 7443, 7443LL, 7443ST, 7444, W21W,etc
- One Year Warranty,Color: Brilliant pure red. Compatible with both standard type and CK/SRCK type. Voltage: 12V - 24V, built in stable current IC driver for longer lifespan.
- Application: Compliant with DOT standards, universal replacement trailer lights for trucks, trailers under 80", tractors, RV, towing vehicle, semi trailer, boat trailer, horse trailer, cargo trailer, dumper trailer, camper trailer, utility trailer, dump Truck, bus, boat, special vehicle,snowmobile etc;
- 15 Diodes ( 12 Red+3 Red ) LED Combination stop turn tail side marker light w/reflector-Curb side; Passenger Side Serves 6 functions: Stop light, Turn signal light, Tail light, Rear reflex reflector, Side marker light, Side reflex reflector;
- 19 Diodes ( 12 Red+3 Red+4 White ) LED Combination stop turn tail side marker light w/reflector-Street side with license illuminator; Driver Side Serves 7 functions: Stop light, Turn signal light, Tail light, Rear reflex reflector, Side marker light, Side reflex reflector, License plate illuminator;
- Add or upgrade the lights on boat, snowmobile, camper, or utility trailer; High visibility safety lights are EASY TO INSTALL and the wiring details are in the description part; completely sealed and waterproof, its acrylic len are engineered to block water out and ensure the circuits are protected. Super bright LED lights provide maximum visibility and safety. Fully operable in inclement weather, these heavy duty trailer lights are tough and durable for the long term
- Package include: 1 Pairs Lights + 2 Gaskets + 4 Screws 【Tips】 PARTSam is the ONLY authorized seller of Partsam products.If you receive a product that does not arrive branded PARTSam on or not in a PARTSam packaging with logo, please contact that seller for a refund as it is a counterfeit PARTSam product.
- Super bright LED lights compare to the oem halogen
- Brings a different appearance to vehicle that's great for show use
- S.a.e. and d.o.t. approved to ensure the quality and fitment
- Harness pin may need modification to match vehicle
- (Set of 2 Bulbs)54SMD 3014 & 3SMD 3030 high Brightness chips per bulb,Working Voltage:9v-30v
- Fits:1157 BAY15D 1016 1034 1157 1157A 2057 2057A 2357 2357A 2357NA 2397 3496 7528 p21/5w etc.Easy installation, plug and play.
- Application:Flashing Strobe Blinking brake LED light bulbs will fast flashes 3 times at the beginning braking mode for much easier notified and safer stop & then turn stable solid brake light (Legal blinking times) to avoid any automotive cars, trucks, SUVs, RVs rear-end collision.
- Advantage:Non-polarity design, 300% brighter than original halogen bulb,full Aluminum Housing with Projection lens for Maximum Light output, aircraft grade aluminum heat sink with Low temperature,built in Constant Current IC for Longer life span & Low Power Consumption.
- Note:iBrightstar LED are strictly tested for sale!!! We offer fully " ONE YEAR " guaranteed for manufacturer defect.
- Specifically designed to withstand road vibration and provide longer life than traditional bulbs
- Filament and gas mixture have been engineered for improved longevity
- Meets industry regulations for performance, while bettering life expectancy.
- Produced by a trusted OEM automotive lighting manufacturer
- Set of 2 bulbs
Last update on 2019-07-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-07-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API