February 11, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V082000
If the wheelchair lift platform raises above the height of the vehicle floor, the wheelchair user could fall inwards toward the vehicle, increasing their risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V082
Manufacturer Blue Bird Body Company
Components EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE
Potential Number of Units Affected 787
Blue Bird Body Company (Blue Bird) is recalling certain 2015-2019 Vision and All American school buses equipped with Ricon S-Series Titanium Wheelchair lifts. The wheelchair lift positioning input cam may fail while the lift is in use, allowing the platform to travel higher than the vehicle's floor height. As such, this vehicle fails to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 403, "Platform Lift Systems."
Blue Bird will notify owners, and Ricon dealers will repair the input cam, free of charge. The recall began March 4, 2019. Owners may contact Ricon customer service at 1-800-322-2884. Blue Bird's number for this recall is R19ZP-SB.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
|DATE:||March 5, 2018|
|SUBJECT:||R19ZP, Ricon S Series Titanium 1,000 1b Lift|
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
This important safety recall notice applies to your buses identified by both Blue Bird Body Number and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the attached yellow cover sheet. If you no longer own the subject bus(es), please complete the appropriate section of the yellow reply sheet and return to Blue Bird in the enclosed pink postage prepaid envelope.
Blue Bird Body Company is recalling certain model year 2015-2019 Vision School Buses manufactured from April 29, 2014 through June 14, 2018 and certain 2019 Vision Non-School Buses manufactured on December 20, 2017. Additionally, Blue Bird Body Company is recalling certain model year 2015-2019 All American School Buses manufactured from July 8, 2014 through June 29, 2018.
On the subject buses, Ricon has determined that there is a non-compliance with FMVSS 403, Platform Lift Systems, related to the Ricon S-Series Titanium wheelchair 1,000 1b lifts, Part Numbers RIS5510FF112060 and RIS5510FF112070. On these particular Ricon wheelchair lifts, if the position input cam fails and the lift operator continues to press the 'up" button on the operating pendant while the lift is occupied, the cutoff switch is disabled and the platform can travel past the vehicle floor height, potentially causing the occupant to tip inwards, toward the vehicle. If the lift tips inwards, the risk of injury would be increased.
To correct this condition, Ricon will provide materials and labor through Ricon authorized dealers. You may make arrangements for the service at the nearest Ricon servicing dealer by any of the following methods:
- Using the locator on the Ricon website — riconcorp.com
- Calling Ricon Customer Service at (800)322-2884
- Emailing Ricon's Recall Coordinator, at [email protected]
- Gerald Quimpe, Customer Service 818-267-3033 [email protected]
Questions regarding this recall campaign should be directed to the Ricon contact listed above. If Ricon does not provide the necessary repair services, you may contact Blue Bird Body Company Recall Administration at [email protected].
Ricon will notify Blue Bird Campaigns Administration of the completion of the recall.
Federal law requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
If the modifications directed by this notification were performed on your bus prior to the receipt of this recall notification, submit a copy of the work order/invoice to Ricon's Re all Coordinator at the address above. Reimbursements will be made in accordance with the requirements of the National Highway Transportation Safety Act, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 573 and 577.
If Ricon should fail to or is unable to remedy this condition without charge to you, you may contact:
NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION
1200 NEW JERSEY AVENUE, SE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20590
Or, you may call The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration toll free at:
1-888-327-4236 TTY 1-800-424-9153 or go to: http:/www.safercar.gov
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
END USER - DRAFT
RE: Defect Recall Notification 18E-044
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Ricon has decided that a defect relates to motor vehicle safety exists in the Ricon Wheelchair lift installed in your vehicle.
Your Ricon Wheelchair Lift is being recalled Contact Ricon Corporation immediately
WHAT IS BEING RECALLED:
This recall applies to approximately 4,262 Ricon S Series and K Series Titanium Wheelchair Lifts, part numbers K200, K201, K550. 1<551, S200, S201, S550, S551 no dashes. The recall population includes all units of these models beginning January l, 2012. until May 9. 2018. A list of affected serial numbers, corresponding order numbers and ship dates of affected units sold to your company is attached.
WHY IT BEING RECALLED:
If the position input cam fails and the lift operator continues to press the "up-a button on the operating pendant while the lift is occupied. the cutoff switch is dis-abled and the platform can travel past the vehicle floor height, potentially causing the occupant to tip inwards, toward the vehicle. If the wheelchair lift platform stops above the vehicle floor. the wheelchair user can up inwards toward the vehicle when exiting the lift, increasing their risk of injury.
WHAT YOU AS THE OWNER/OPERATOR SHOULD PO.
Arrange for service at the nearest Ricon servicing dealer by any of the following methods: e Using the locator on the Ricon website www.riconcorp.com
- Calling Ricon Customer Service at (800)322-2884
- Emailing Ricon•s Recall Coordinator, at wabtec.com
WHAT RICON CORPORATION WILL DO:
Ricon will provide materials and labor as outlined above through Authorized Ricon dealers. If after attempting to have your vehicle repaired you believe you have not been able to have your vehicle remedied within a reasonable amount of time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington. D.C., 20590; or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153): or go to http: w
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. If you have any questions concerning these procedures please contact Ricon Customer Service at (800)322-2884. We apologize for the inconvenience this safety recall will cause.
Cecilia M. Cheng. PE
Director of Engineering
Ricon Corporation, a Wabtec Company
10 Affected Products
|BLUE BIRD||ALL AMERICAN||2015-2019|
9 Associated Documents
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
ISSUED Renotification Notice
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-4
Latest Recalls Documents
- Materials: Made of Oxford cloth mixing with cotton which makes the item feel soft, you would feel super comfortable when it touched with your skins. Handles and shoulder straps are very strong.Withstand the weight is 220 lb.
- Reduce Stress: Even two person could operate it easily, this paralyzed belt could help reduce the pressure of home nursing and family care effectively.
- Function: Simple and easy to use transfer pad for transferring patient from the wheelchair to the bed, sofa,car,wheelchairs, or another chair.
- 8 handles+2 shoulder straps help distribute the patients weight evenly over, ease positioning and transfer safety.8 handles for short distance/Strong people to use; 8 handles+2 shoulder for long distance/Weak people to use
- Suitable for people who are paralyzed, elderly, Bariatric Patient,disabled or injured.
- Maximum 6" - 12" rise for occupied wheelchair or scooter passage
- For UNOCCUPIED loading and unloading of wheelchair or scooter has a maximum of 18" rise
- Folds down to 38 1/4"L x 16"W for storage.
- 800 lb. weight capacity; Anti-Slip, High Traction Surface
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- TRANSPORTS MOST SCOOTERS & WHEELCHAIRS: Maneuvering a wheelchair can be difficult enough on its own. Transporting it shouldn’t bring you extra stress. Our medical rack can support most power scooters and electric wheelchairs. Just load your wheelchair onto this mobile ramp and you’re ready to go! Experience it for yourself. Order today.
- EASY USE: This mobility ramp is for use with 2” class III or IV trailer hitches. It is not for use with 1 1/4-inch hitches. It can fold up flat and vertically against the rear of the vehicle when not in use. The ramp features a quick action spring pull pin that secures the ramp for transport, making travel more convenient for you.
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL: Steel is a metal that is renowned for its ability to bear heavy loads. Our mobile ramp is constructed from heavy-duty steel, giving it an impressive weight capacity of 500 pounds. Because it’s made of steel, it will resist corrosion, bending, and bowing. This foldable carrier can give you several years of use.
- MEASUREMENTS: The MC500 carrier weighs approximately 86 pounds. It measures at 46.5 inches in length and 28 inches in width. It has a tray depth of 4 1/4 inches. Your mobile scooter or wheelchair will fit nicely on the tray. The ramp’s compact size is perfect for travel and transportation. It won’t feel bulky or overbearing whenever you drive.
- ABOUT TITAN: At Titan, we pride ourselves in our excellent communication capabilities. We are a company that is based in the USA and are always willing to answer questions if you need to contact us. We’re proud to offer a 1-year warranty and If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we provide a money-back guarantee.
- MOUNTED CARGO HITCH CARRIER: Designed with easy loading and transporting in mind, our cargo carrier comes equipped with a 42” long loading ramp for wheelchairs, scooters, lawn mowers, small wheeled equipment that also folds up towards the carrier platform after equipment is loaded. Fits into a 2” Class III receiver only, will not work in 1 ¼” hitches.
- MAXIMUM 500LB CAPACITY: This folding cargo carrier can support up to 500 lbs due to its heavy duty steel construction. Use easily as a wheelchair ramp or hitch luggage rack. Weight must be centered and evenly distributed on the platform.
- EASY TO USE: Spring loaded locking pins make this hitch hauler easy to fold, open and lock the ramp in place when in use and carrier folds up towards the vehicle when not in use and storage.
- SAFETY AND SECURITY: Two round reflectors are located on the back for visibility and safety when using at night. With 10 tie down points available for safety straps you will have plenty of ways to secure your cargo.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT: Outside dimensions of the cargo carrier measure 48" long x 27 ¾” wide x 4" high with the platform measuring 46.5" long x 27 ½" wide and the ramp measures 42" long. Total weight of carrier is 75 lbs.
- This Prohoists wheelchair carrier is designed to allow easy loading and transporting of your wheelchair, scooter or other item. Each carrier includes a extra long 5' ramp when fully extended. It quickly folds and locks for transporting. The ramp will also detach if not needed or for storage.
- The entire carrier has the option of tilting upward and locking in the upright position for transporting without a load. This allows more parking room within your garage or elsewhere. Quick release spring loaded pins allow for easy unlocking of the ramp.
- Large hand cut-outs allow easy lifting of the carrier. Each cut-out has a rubber insert for padding. Handles also allow easy controlled lifting of the carrier.
- Anti-Wobble Device fuses the carrier and the trailer hitch receiver together to reduce movement and prevent trailer hitch receiver damage. Reflectors Included For Your Safety.
- Inside (usable) platform measurements: 46.5" width X 28" length X 4" high rail. Please note that this item requires a Class III 2 inch hitch.
- Swing away joint is included - class iii hitch configuration
- Platform: 27.5"w x 39"l adjustable to 46”l - carries most 3 & 4-wheel scooters
- Positive lock-down systems that secures the scooter without additional tie-downs
- Weight-sensitive platform, automatically folds when lifted without a scooter on the platform
- Heavy-duty steel construction with Pull locks
- 3-position carrier (closed flat, open L-shape & open flat).2" hitch Receiver, hitch class III or IV.Has a 3" safety rail.
- Product Dimension: 31-3/4” (W) × 44-3/4” (L) × 6”(H). Inside Bed Dimensions: 29-3/4" (W) x 43-3/4" (L) x 5" (H). Ramp Dimensions: 29-3/4" (W) x 42-1/2" (L)
- Durable black powder coated finish
- Please fell free to connect us for any question.
- Carry scooters and wheelchairs behind any vehicle with a Class III or IV 2" hitch receiver
- Folds upright against vehicle when not in use and includes ten tie-down points for maximum security
- Includes a three-position, folding loading ramp, anti-rattle device, and 5/8" hitch pin
- Manufactured from durable, powder-coated steel with a 500 lb. weight capacity
- Platform measures 48" L x 28" W; ramp measures 59.125" L x 27.5" W
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND – Seat cushion comes with a handy carrying handle and a non-slip bottom. Lumbar support has adjustable elastic straps, fitting most chairs.
- PAIN RELIEF & COMFORT – Seat cushion helps prevent pressure on your coccyx, whilst the lumbar support supports your lower back's natural curve. Together, they help correct any slouching and promotes a healthy posture.
- PREMIUM QUALITY MATERIALS – Both Cushions made with 100% premium-quality memory foam and washable covers. Lumbar is encased in 3D ventilated mesh cover and seat cushion is inside a soft, velour cover.
- ON-THE-GO – Being lightweight and portable makes our bundle the perfect travel companion.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – Full 100% satisfaction guarantee included. If there are any issues, simply reach out to us. Get one risk free!
- mounts to trunk or cargo areas
- only 2 pieces
- remote hand control
- 200 lb capacity
- weighs only 40 lbs
Last update on 2020-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API