November 7, 2023 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 23V747000
Unintentional vehicle movement can increase the risk of a crash or injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 23V747
Manufacturer Custom Fire Apparatus, Inc.
Components PARKING BRAKE
Potential Number of Units Affected 10
Custom Fire Apparatus, Inc (Custom Fire) is recalling certain 2021-2024 Spartan Gladiator, MetroStar, and FC-94 emergency vehicles. A defect in the inversion valve may delay the park brake setting after engagement, which could allow the vehicle to move unintentionally.
Dealers will inspect and replace the faulty inversion valve, if necessary, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed November 22, 2023. Owners may contact Custom Fire customer service at 1-715-294-2555. Custom Fire’s number for this recall is 23V-631/TC 2023-512.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
23017 – Delay in Park Brake Engagement – 2021-2024 Spartan Fire Gladiator, Metro Star, 2022-2024 FC-94, 2022-2023 KME Panther, & 2023 KME Predator Emergency Vehicles
12 Affected Products
2 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-23V747-8785
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- Contain common air brake fitting styles
- D.O.T Union:1/4"(4 pcs), 3/8"(4 pcs), 1/2"(4 pcs), 5/8"(2 pcs)
- D.O.T Tee:1/4"(2 pcs), 3/8"(2 pcs), 1/2"(2 pcs); Bushing: 3/8" NPT Female x 1/2" NPT Male(2 pcs)
- D.O.T Male Elbow:1/4" OD x 1/8" NPT Male(2 pcs), 1/4" OD x 1/4" NPT Male(2 pcs), 3/8" OD x 3/8" NPT Male(2 pcs), 1/2" OD x 3/8" NPT Male(2 pcs)
- D.O.T Sraight Male Connector: 1/4" x 1/8" NPT Male(2 pcs), 1/4" x 1/4" NPT Male(2 pcs), 3/8" x 3/8" NPT Male(2 pcs), 1/2" x 3/8" NPT Male(2 pcs)
- Audible Audiobook
- Mile One Press (Author) - John Flaherty (Narrator)
- English (Publication Language)
- 12/15/2022 (Publication Date) - Mile One Press (Publisher)
- SIZE: SAE J844 Air Brake Tubing 1/4" x 100' - Black Trailer Nylon Line Hose DOT Approved. (Nominal O.D.: ¼”, Nominal Wall: 0.040")
- DURABLE: Our DOT Air Brake Tubing can be used safely in temperatures as low as -40° F up to 200° F (that’s -40℃ to over 93℃).
- RESISTANT: Resistant to exposure to UV rays, gasoline, cleaning chemicals, diesel fuel, and road debris. NOT MADE FOR FUEL.
- SAFETY: For use with compression fittings, designed to operate at up to 150 PSI in airbrake systems. Mytee Air Brake Tubing is cold weather flexibility and resistant to most abrasion.
- DOT COMPLIANT: Meets or exceeds SAEJ844 (Type A- non-reinforced). Air Brake Tubing identified per SAE J844 & FMVSS No. 106 Brake Hoses, 49 CFR 571.106.
- Professional pressure brake bleeder uses standard shop air supply (10 - 40psi) to efficiently flush and refill the whole brake system on most vehicles. Pneumatic design makes one-person operation simple and convenient. Easily removes trapped air. For brake oil only. Do not mix with other oils for use. Necessary tool for your garage and mechanic shop.
- The brake fluid bleeder kit includes 11 European, US and Japanese vehicle adaptors in a adapter box that fit multiple makes and models of vehicles; Use this kit to easily bleed brake and clutch systems with an ABS system(within 1 bar) or not, universal adapter is recommended for direct use without selecting. There is no oil in the device.
- Air-assisted bleeding machine is driven by pre-charged compressed air (up to 5L). One gas charge allows multiple use, makes it fully convenient and portable. A layer of rubber diaphragm separates the upper oil from the lower gas. Large reservoir reduces the risk of running system dry as oil bleeds or refills. Equipped working pressure gauge is easy to read, and the pressure could be adjusted as needed.
- Tank fluid capacity: 1.3 Gallons/5L. Air Consumption: 4.5 CFM(at 30psi). Air Inlet: 1/4" male quick coupler. 13' bleeder hose recycles waste brake fluid from wheel cylinder and caliper. Adopts quality material for trusted performance and satisfactory service. In the process of oil change, please step the pedal quickly and release slowly for several times.
- Thoughtful Service: We are always trying hard as we can to provide customers with better quality products and service. Help you to complete the satisfactory shopping experience and the right tool selection. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Be confident to purchase with offered 12-month warranty. Within one month, complete products without damage are fully refundable.
- CDL Exam Secrets Test Prep Team (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 112 Pages - 03/15/2016 (Publication Date) - Mometrix Media LLC (Publisher)
- TYPE - Air Brake Chamber Type 3030 30/30 30 30 Welded Clevis
- REPLACEMENT - Bendix K129605 K067114 // Haldex GC3030CW GC3030S4CW // Other BTS-3030-WCR GTA-3030-WCR // Automann 179.SB3030SW1100
- SPECS - Actuator Type Size: 3030 // Stroke Type: Standard // Available Stroke: 2-1/2" // Length from mounting bracket to end of Spring Housing: 9" // Length of Piggyback: 6-13/16" // Dimension at rolled Spring Housing flange: 8-5/16" // Dimension at Service Clampband: 10-3/16" // Pushrod Length from face of Service Housing: 1" // Distance to Clevis Pin centerline from face of Service Housing: 2-1/4" // Weight: 21.3 lbs.
- FEATURES - Superior Power Spring Technology; Advanced powder coating process; Resists corrosion and fatigue // Double O-ring Centerseal; Two o-rings for positive sealing and plastic bearings for long life // World Class Diaphragm; High quality rubber compound, resistant to heat and cold // Rugged Service Housing; 9 gauge steel, powder coated // Self-piloting Dust Shield
- WARRANTY - 1-Year Unlimited Mile Warranty - includes assurances about the quality of the item, as well as a promise to provide replacement if something goes wrong within a set amount of time.
- Hardcover Book
- George Westinghouse Museum (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 130 Pages - 08/28/2002 (Publication Date) - Arcadia Publishing Library Editions (Publisher)
- Choose number of questions you would like in each test.
- Quiz yourself with over 260 test questions
- Choose your own timer settings.
- Review each question at the end of the test.
- With our unique progress tracking feature including pie charts and bar graphs showing your progress, you know you are ready to take on the real test at the board when your progress meter says 100%.
Last update on 2023-11-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
OMB Control No.: 2127-0004 Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-747 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Manufacturer Name : Custom Fire Apparatus, Inc. Submission Date : NOV 07, 2023 NHTSA Recall No. : 23V-747 Manufacturer Recall No. : 23V-631/TC 2023-512 Manufacturer Information : Manufacturer Name : Custom Fire Apparatus, Inc. Address : 509 68th Ave Osceola WI 54020 Company phone : 294-2555 Population : Number of potentially involved : 10 Estimated percentage with defect : 100 % Vehicle Information : Vehicle 1 : 2021-2024 SPARTAN GLADIATOR/METEROSTAR/FC-94 Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : OTHER Power Train : DIESEL Descriptive Information : Potential delay in the park brake setting after park brake valve is activated. Recall population was determined by Spartan sales records. Problem identified and resolved. Trucks potentially affected by this recall is ten, from 2002 to 2024; Gladiators, MetroStars, and FC-94’s. Production Dates : JAN 03, 2022 – NOV 07, 2023 VIN Range 1 : Begin : 4S9CU2D94PC560463 End : 4S9DV2D91RC560862 Not sequential Description of Defect : Description of the Defect : Potential delay in the park brake setting after park brake valve is activated FMVSS 1 : NR FMVSS 2 : NR Description of the Safety Risk : Vehicle could possibly move if brake is not set/stabilized. Description of the Cause : NR Identification of Any Warning that can Occur : NR Involved Components : Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-747 Page 2 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Component Name 1 : PARK BRAKE VALVE Component Description : VALVE THAT IS ACTIVATED WHEN PUT IN PARK Component Part Number : 1617-MM5-001 Supplier Identification : Component Manufacturer Name : Custom Fire Apparatus, Inc. Address : 509 68th Ave Osceola Wisconsin 54020 Country : United States Chronology : NR Description of Remedy : Description of Remedy Program : Inspect and replace the faulty Inversion Valve if/when necessary. Spartan Warranty to be billed for cost. How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component : The replacement Inversion Valve has been updated. Identify How/When Recall Condition was Corrected in Production : NR Recall Schedule : Description of Recall Schedule : Departments will be notified of the Recall and scheduled for the repairs to be completed as soon as possible. Planned Dealer Notification Date : NOV 22, 2023 – NOV 22, 2023 Planned Owner Notification Date : NOV 22, 2023 – NOV 29, 2023 * NR – Not Reported