A fuel leak can increase the risk of a fire.
Roush Performance Products, Inc. (Roush) is recalling certain aftermarket supercharger kits, part number R1318-6006P1-AA, sold for installation on 2018 Ford Mustangs. The hose barb fittings on the supercharger kits may be manufactured incorrectly, possibly causing damage to the fuel lines and resulting in a fuel leak.
Roush will notify the known owners and replace the defective fuel rail subassemblies, free of charge. The recall began on May 31, 2018. Owners may contact Roush customer service at 1-800-597-6874. Roush’s number for this recall is REMay2018.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Date: May 31, 2018
TO: All Dealers and Installers
Dealer Name – VIA E-mail: Dealer E-mail Address
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE – RECALL # 18E035.
Roush Performance Products, Inc. (“Roush”) has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain ROUSH 2018 Mustang Supercharger replacement equipment kits manufactured prior to April 23, 2018 that were sold for installation on MY 2018 Ford Mustangs.
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL:
The fuel rail subassemblies in the covered 2018 Supercharger kits were manufactured out of specification, and the fuel line hoses may be damaged where they attach to the fuel rail’s hose barb fitting. A damaged fuel line could leak, which may result in a fire.
- For vehicles in which a Roush 2018 Supercharger kit has been installed, the remedy for this condition will consist of removing the existing fuel rail subassemblies and replacing them with new fuel rail subassemblies, at no charge to the vehicle owner. You should destroy the removed fuel rails and fuel hoses by cutting each in half. You should also provide Roush with photographic evidence of the destruction.
- For uninstalled kits in your possession, Roush will supply you with replacement fuel rail subassemblies at no cost to you. You do not have to destroy the removed fuel rail subassemblies. Rather, you should return those fuel rail subassemblies to Roush at Roush’s cost.
The initial replacement fuel rail subassemblies are anticipated to start becoming available during the week of May 29, 2018 with all estimated replacement deliveries culminating during the week of June 25, 2018.
IT IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW TO SELL OR DELIVER A NEW OR USED SUPERCHARGER KIT COVERED BY THIS NOTIFICATION UNTIL THE DEFECT IS REMEDIED BY REPLACING THE DEFECTIVE FUEL RAIL ASSEMBLIES.
For any vehicle(s) on which you installed a covered 2018 Supercharger kit and have not yet advised Roush of the vehicle identification number (VIN) of the vehicle(s) and the name and address of the current owner(s), please call Roush at 800-59-ROUSH (1-800-597-6874) and provide us with that information (if you know it) so we may contact them about this recall.
Refunds or reimbursements are not authorized for this program.
The use of rental vehicles is authorized for this program.
ADDITIONAL LABOR TIME:
- If a condition exists that requires additional labor time to complete the repair, call the ROUSH Warranty Department to request approval before performing any additional labor. Requests for approval after completion of the repair will not be granted.
- If you encounter aftermarket equipment or modifications to the vehicle which might prevent the repair of the covered condition, call the ROUSH Warranty Department.
CLAIM PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED REPLACEMENT PARTS FROM ROUSH FOR VEHICLE SERVICING, NO FURTHER ACTION IS REQUIRED FOR THOSE PARTS.
In all other cases, Dealer MUST obtain an authorization number from ROUSH Warranty by submitting an online Warranty Claim (SEE ATTACHMENT A Instructions) before any vehicle service action and/or replacement of your current recalled inventory. An RMA will be provided through the ROUSH Warranty system once a Warranty case is opened by you. If you are not set up in the ROUSH Warranty system please call ROUSH Warranty at 1-800-59-ROUSH (1-800-597-6874) to begin the warranty process.
|Description||Labor Operation||Labor Time|
|Fuel Rail Replacement||Fuel Rail Removal and Installation||2.5 Hours|
PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION:
Please contact ROUSH Warranty and these parts will be provided to you free of charge.
- Remove both fuel rails from the vehicle according to the Roush fuel rail removal service instructions found at ATTACHMENT B – Fuel Rail Replacement Instructions.
- Once both fuel rails have been removed, install replacement fuel rails into the vehicle according to the Roush fuel rail installation service instructions found at ATTACHMENT B – Fuel Rail Replacement Instructions.
QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
Questions may be directed to:
ROUSH WARRANTY CLAIM INSTRUCTIONS
- Complete a ROUSH Warranty claim online at salesforce.com using your login credentials. (If not signed up for the online warranty system, please contact Roush directly at 1-800-59-ROUSH (1-800-597-6874).)
- Once claim number is populated, the dealer will be sent replacement parts.
- Dealer MUST attach and upload its final invoice to its online warranty case in order to received final payment.
Description Labor Operation Labor Time
Fuel Rail R&R 2.5 Hours
AFFECTED PART DESCRIPTION:
Fuel Rail 1318-9F792-AA
Rental vehicle (Mid-Size Car) approved while repair of vehicle is completed.
Questions may be directed to:
May 31, 2018
June 11, 2018RCAK-18E035-3310
- Boosts octane
- Reduces knocking and pinging
- Helps restore performance
- BOOSTS POWER: Octane boost helps increase performance when added during gas fill up
- CLEANS FUEL INJECTORS: Specially formulated to clean internal fuel system parts and components
- INCREASES OCTANE: Helps your car run better by reducing knocks, pings, and hesitation
- SAFE ON PARTS: Safe for use on catalytic converters and oxygen sensors
- TREATS A FULL TANK: Formulated to treat up to 18 gallons of gasoline
- This two-in-one formula boosts octane and cleans the fuel intake system
- Restores power and acceleration
- Helps reduce knocking and pinging
- Use regularly when you fill up your tank
- Compatible with cap-less gas systems
- Genuine performance enhancer that turbocharges your engine
- Contains specific upper cylinder lubricants for easier piston travel and valve seat protection
- Ensures maximum life and performance from pumps, injectors and carburetors
- Suitable for use in fuel injected and carbureted engines
- Available in 15 fl oz. and 5.25 fl oz. bottle sizes (also in 2 fl oz. bottle size for motorcycles)
- Race-Ready Booster - When it’s time to put pedal to the metal, gen your engine in gear with Octane Boost from Liquid Performance, the race fuel concentrate that boost your fuel’s octane up to 8 levels
- Give Your Engine Maximum Power - Adding Octane Boost to your engine increases horsepower, performance, and throttle while reducing power loss in computer controlled vehicles from pre-ignition
- Made for Racing Engines & All Gas Types - Specially formulated for racing engines, included turbocharged, supercharged, and nitrous-injected engines. Octane Boost is also compatible with all types of fuel, included unleaded and leaded gasoline and ethanol blends
- More Than Just Race Fuel - Octane Boost goes beyond the race track by helping to clean fuel injectors and carburetors and reduce emissions, ensure your whole engine is working at peak performance
- Made in the USA - All Liquid Performance products are made right here in the USA with premium ingredients and quality formulas you can rely on
- Can be used in any type of engines; gasoline or diesel
- Ideal for new DIG fuel systems
- Contains a unique proprietary polyether amine (PEA) detergent technology, the most effective chemistry for total fuel system clean-up that outperforms competitors
- Proprietary FLA additive provides lubrication of fuel pumps and injectors
- Stabilizes fuel, especially during storage
- Replaces lead additives for protection of non-hardened valve seats
- Raises octane rating up to 30 points or 3 numbers
- Restores power and fuel economy while cleaning deposits from fuel injectors
- Reduces power loss due to knock-retard in computer-controlled vehicles
- Reduces engine knocking/pinging and stabilizes fuel
- One bottle treats up to 10 gallons of fuel (38 Liters)
- Gives high octane boost of up to 7 numbers (70 points)
- Improves throttle response and acceleration
- Eliminates gum and varnish build-up
- Size - Quart/32 Ounce
- Tested and proven to deliver three times more boost than most other brands
- It is safe for turbos, oxygen sensors and catalytic converters
- Will stop knocks, and raises MPG in high compression engines
- One 15 oz. Lucas Fuel Treatment Octane Booster bottle treats up to 25 gallons of fuel
- It promotes clean fuel burn for fewer emissions
Last update on 2023-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.