March 3, 2023 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 23V144000
Electric Park Brake May Fail and Cause Rollaway
A parking brake with weakened clamping performance can fail and allow the vehicle to rollaway, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 23V144
Manufacturer Lordstown EV Corp
Components PARKING BRAKE
Potential Number of Units Affected 5
Lordstown EV Corp (Lordstown) is recalling certain 2023 Endurance vehicles. The electric park brake (EPB) caliper washers may prematurely wear, decreasing the clamping performance of the EPB.
Dealers will replace the EPB, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed March 15, 2023. Owners may contact Lordstown customer service at 1-248-522-9100. Lordstown’s number for this recall is R-0002.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
On February 20, 2023, Lordstown EV Corporation (“Lordstown”) was notified by its supplier (Akebono) that certain rear electric park brake calipers (“EPBs”) delivered to Lordstown between November 4, 2022 and February 8, 2023 potentially contain affected thrust washers. Akebono advised Lordstown that its supplier of rear caliper thrust washers (JTEKT) notified Akebono of a potential hardness issue involving these washers in early February 2023 and the sub-supplier conducted an investigation from February 16 – 20 wherein it concluded that a small percentage of washers had not undergone proper heat treatment.
Lordstown performed its analysis of reports and data provided by Akebono and considered the data provided, including the testing results. On March 1, 2023, Lordstown decided to conduct a recall to address this issue.
Lordstown has not received any reports of accidents or injuries related to this issue.
1 Affected Product
3 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Latest Recalls Documents
- 【Trusted company】Autel has been making automotive intelligent diagnostic, inspection, and analysis products since 2004. The MaxiCharger AC Home was developed over 2 years from a full team of designers and engineers to bring you the safest, smartest, and one of the best looking chargers on the market.
- 【High speed Charging】With 12kW up to 50A charging, speed will never be an issue. Add 37 miles per charging hour. Don't waste time waiting on your EV to fully charge with slower chargers. An included 25-Foot durable cable is the perfect size for convenience and to keep your charge time stable.
- 【CSA Certified & NEMA Type 4】Eligible for the Federal rebate program. With NEMA Type 4 you are protected in any type of weather including snow, rain, hail, and sleet. Hang it up outside your house or inside a garage and it will operate efficiently. Fire resistant, over current, over voltage, and over temperature protection. Your level 2 charger will run better and last longer, saving you money in the long term.
- 【Smart APP Control】Use Autel Charge APP to control your charger and manage charge times, schedule charging while you're away, and optimize your charging to take advantage of off peak electricity. Bluetooth enabled, Wi-Fi connectivity, and Ethernet access make sure your automatic over the air (OTA) remote firmware updates keep you connected at the times you need.
- 【3 Year Warranty and 24/7 Support】The MaxiCharger is easy for any electrician to install. A 3-year warranty, APP automatic updates, and around-the-clock support from Autel's service team means you'll never have to worry about quality and service.
- Level 2, 240 volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station charges any EV up to 9X faster than a normal wall outlet, with flexible amperage settings up to 50 amps (16/24/32/40/48/50 Amp) and plug-in or hardwired installation. Use the ChargePoint app to pick the right amperage for your home after installation.
- Works with all electric cars, tested on leading EV models: Chevrolet Volt and Bolt EV, Hyundai Kona and Ioniq, Kia NIRO, Nissan LEAF, Tesla models, Toyota Prius Prime, BMW i3, Honda Clarity, Chrysler Pacifica, Jaguar I-PACE, and many more
- Charge faster and smarter with the ChargePoint app. Set a schedule to only charge when electricity is cheapest, set reminders so you never forget to plug in, use Alexa voice control, and see all your ChargePoint charging data in one place
- Safe and reliable, with a 3-year backed by 24/7 customer support from a company dedicated to EV charging for 10+ years. UL listed for electrical safety, ENERGY STAR certified for efficiency.
- Easy for any electrician to install indoors or out. Plug-in installation with NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 outlet (6-50 currently selected) requires circuits rated 40A or 50A. For other circuit ratings, including 60A-80A for 48A-50A charging, the plug is easily removed for hardwired installation. Select the amperage that works best for you and your home, helping to avoid electrical upgrades.
- UL AND ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED LEVEL 2 EV CHARGER. DEFAULT CHARGE RATE is 40A. WiFi Internet connection is required to raise or lower charge rate. Pair with an Emporia Vue Smart Home Energy Monitor to automatically charge only with excess solar power and curb charging during peak demand.
- UL LISTED WITH YOUR SAFETY IN MIND. Manufactured to meet the safety criteria defined by these industry standards: NEC 625, SAE J1772, UL 817, UL 991, UL 2231, UL 2251, and UL 2594. INSTALLS INDOORS OR OUTDOORS. Your charger will be safe from the elements with a rugged watertight NEMA Type 4 enclosure. Check with your state and local company to see if there are incentives and rebates in your area. PROTECTED BY A 3-YEAR WARRANTY.
- HARDWIRED OR PLUGGED INSTALLATION - 11.5kW (240V/48A) / 9.6kW (240V/40A) / 10kW (208V/48A) / 8.3kW (208V/40A) (up to 48A hardwired or up to 40A NEMA Type 14-50P with 22" cable compliant with 2017 NEC Section 625.17(A)(3)). Requires a dual-pole, dedicated breaker at 60A+ for a 48A charge or 50A+ for a 40A charge. A professional electrician is recommended for hardwiring or installing a NEMA Plug.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ANY EV. The charger comes with a SAE J1772 connector (adapter required for Tesla EVs) and a 24' cable with integrated cable management.
- REAL-TIME ENERGY DATA: REQUIRES 2.4 GHz WIFI WITH AN INTERNET CONNECTION to monitor energy use and charging sessions with iPhone / Android / Web Browser app. Schedule charging with app. Easily manage the parameters to handle variable utility rate charges.
- FAST CHARGING SPEEDS: The MUSTART 40A level 2 EV charger which is more sturdy, contains more sensitive chips, higher protection level and better abrasion resistance, can charge your car up to 2.5X faster than the 16A level 2 EV charger. It is 5X faster than the 16A level 1 EV charger that most electric vehicles come with. (The actual working current it depends on your vehicle setting).
- SUPER COMPATIBLE: Works with most electric vehicles in the United States , the EVSE is compatible with all plug-in EVs. *Tesla requires a SAE J1772 adapter.
- 100% SATISFACTION: We are credit for your trust. Whenever your Mustart EV chargers have any problem or anything simply not meeting your needs, please contact us. We provide a two-year warranty of our products from the date of your original order in our store.
- CONVENIENT: Compact size with a total 25 feet charging cable for flexible installation and usability. All you need is just a 220 Volt or 240 Volt NEMA14-50 outlet to plug the charger into.
- HIGH QUALITY: This portable charging station is made to last with durability and reliability. It is lightening-proof and has leakage, overvoltage, overheat and overcurrent protection, so you can safely charge your vehicle.
- Up to 7x faster charge: High-power, 40 amperes, 10kW EV charging station. Indoor / outdoor installation. Built-in cable rack and security lock. UL listed. ENERGY STAR-certified. 3-year limited warranty for normal residential use.
- Convenient WiFi connectivity: With the free JuiceNet app, control and monitor charging remotely, get notified when your car is fully charged, set reminders to charge, and more. Dynamic LED lights show charging status. Voice control via Amazon Echo / Alexa.
- Smart grid savings: Schedule your charging times when rates are lower — making your electric vehicle even cheaper to drive.
- Plug-in installation: Just install a simple NEMA 14-50R outlet and you're ready to plug in your JuiceBox. Compatible with some dryer outlets via available adapters.
- Rebates: Qualifies for local incentives in many utility service areas. Participate in the Enel X JuicePoints program to earn cash for smart charging in eligible geographies.
- Engineered by Autel, the industry-leader in automotive diagnostic tools since 2004, the MaxiCharger Home is a Level 2, 240 Volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station that can charge any EV or plug-in hybrid up to 9X faster than a Level 1 regular outlet charger.
- The advanced Autel Charge mobile app allows you to track, manage, schedule, and optimize smart EV charging anytime to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates. Adjustable power output up to 50 Amps allows you to choose what works best for your home and lifestyle, helping to avoid costly electrical upgrades.
- A durable 25-foot cable, sturdy construction, and high-grade materials provide maximum weather resistance. A NEMA 4 protection rating provids safe and reliable indoor and outdoor usage in any climate.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connectivity options ensure automatic OTA (over-the-air) firmware updates and seamless connectivity and communication with your mobile device. The optional start and stop RFID card functionality can prevent unauthorized use.
- A 3-year warranty, 24/7 support from the best-in-class charging stations customer service, and automatic updates will deliver safe and secure electric vehicle charging for years to come.
- High-Speed Charging: When compared to the stock 8A level 1 charger, MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ EV Charger is 3 times as fast, leaving you with more time to get back on the road in your EV.
- Reliability to the fullest: Our smart-chip detection system in MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ electric vehicle charger can detect all aspects of the charging progress, including overheating, current overflow, power surge, low voltage, power overload, leakage to ensure safety and protection.
- Compatible with all EVs: MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ ev charging station is compatible to all SAE J1772 standard electric vehicles and Tesla models (via SAE J1772 Charging Adapter).
- LED indicator: Indicator on the back of MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ portable EV Charger displays charging progress and errors.
- Warranty Information: All products come with a 2-Year Limited Warranty and Life-time technical support.
- Grizzl-E Classic NEMA 14-50 Plug with 24 Feet Premium Cable is a simple, powerful, heavy-duty and portable Electric Vehicle Charging Station which is suitable for normal and cold weather. Compatible with all EVs and PHEVs sold in North America.
- UL Full Tested and Certified. Eligible for Federal rebate program. IP67 (Water resistant), Fire resistant. Over Current, Over Voltage , Under Voltage, Missing Diode, Ground Fault, and Over Temperature Protections. Self-Monitoring and Recovery, Power Outage Recovery. Built in GFCI.
- Fast charging and adjustable amperage: 40A, 32A, 24A, 16A. Maximum current output of 40 Amps for 50A circuit breaker, 32 Amps for 40A circuit breaker, 24 Amps for 30A circuit breaker, or 16 Amps for 20A circuit breaker. Charge Rate: 28-30 miles per hour at 40A, 22-25 miles per hour at 32A, 15-18 miles per hour at 24A and 10-12 miles per hour at 16A.
- Easy to install and use. Save hundreds of dollars on installation : just install a simple 14-50R outlet and you are ready to plug in your Grizzl-E. Easily transportable. Simple to remove from the mounting bracket and transport between different locations. NEMA-4 water and air tight metal enclosure. More power and output configurations for your money than any other charging station.
- Leitman, Seth (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 416 Pages - 02/19/2013 (Publication Date) - McGraw Hill TAB (Publisher)
- Compact design, powerful performance. 240-volt Level 2 charging technology in an incredibly small size, Pulsar Plus EVSE provides power to charge your EV up to 8x faster than standard Level 1 charging cables
- Connected and Smart. Connect Pulsar Plus to your smart devices using the myWallbox app to wirelessly control and monitor your charger via Wifi or Bluetooth. Use myWallbox to create schedules that take advantage of off-peak utility rates, get notifications, set reminders and more
- Flexible Power. Two models, multiple possibilities. Adjustable capacity from 16A up to 48A, giving you the flexibility to connect to lower-power circuits when maximum power isn't needed and to amp-up when you're ready for more power
- Voice-control Enabled. Use Alexa or Google Home to connect Pulsar Plus to your smart home system. Use voice commands to control and monitor your charger
- Power Sharing. Connect more than one Pulsar Plus to the same electrical circuit to safely charge multiple EVs at one time. Built-in smart power management automatically balances charging to ensure the most efficient energy distribution, with no need for extra components
Last update on 2023-03-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
OMB Control No.: 2127-0004 Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-144 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Manufacturer Name : Lordstown EV Corp Submission Date : MAR 03, 2023 NHTSA Recall No. : 23V-144 Manufacturer Recall No. : R-0002 Manufacturer Information : Manufacturer Name : Lordstown EV Corp Address : 38555 Hills Tech Dr Farmington Hills MI 48331 Company phone : 248-522-9100 Population : Number of potentially involved : 5 Estimated percentage with defect : 2 % Vehicle Information : Vehicle 1 : 2023-2023 Lordstown Endurance Vehicle Type : LIGHT VEHICLES Body Style : PICKUP TRUCK Power Train : HYBRID ELECTRIC Descriptive Information : Full-size electric pick-up truck. The recall includes vehicles built using parts from batches that may include electric park brake calipers with affected thrust washers. Production Dates : NOV 07, 2022 – DEC 07, 2022 VIN Range 1 : Begin : NR End : NR Not sequential Description of Defect : Description of the Defect : The electric park brake calipers “EPB” may have been built with washers that had not been properly heat treated by the supplier. As a result, these washers could wear excessively over time, eventually leading the EPB to lose effectiveness and clamping force at grade. Applicable Part Nos.: LEVC Part No. AEED-005-BA and AEEE-006-BA FMVSS 1 : NR FMVSS 2 : NR Description of the Safety Risk : The clamping force of the EPB may degrade over time, which could allow the vehicle to roll after being parked, especially if on a high grade, which could increase the risk of a crash. Description of the Cause : NR Identification of Any Warning that can Occur : There are no prior warnings that could occur. Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-144 Page 2 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Involved Components : Component Name 1 : Rear Brake Caliper Assembly Component Description : Rear Electric Park Brake Assembly Component Part Number : AEED-005-BA and AEEE-006-BA Component Name 2 : Rear Brake Caliper Thrust Washer Component Description : Thrust Washer Component Part Number : Akebono Part No. 51-B5102-67320-00 Supplier Identification : Component Manufacturer Name : Akebono Brake Corporation Address : 34385 W. Twelve Mile Rd. Farmington Hills Michigan 48331 Country : United States Chronology : On February 20, 2023, Lordstown EV Corporation (“Lordstown”) was notified by its supplier (Akebono) that certain rear electric park brake calipers (“EPBs”) delivered to Lordstown between November 4, 2022 and February 8, 2023 potentially contain affected thrust washers. Akebono advised Lordstown that its supplier of rear caliper thrust washers (JTEKT) notified Akebono of a potential hardness issue involving these washers in early February 2023 and the sub-supplier conducted an investigation from February 16 – 20 wherein it concluded that a small percentage of washers had not undergone proper heat treatment. Lordstown performed its analysis of reports and data provided by Akebono and considered the data provided, including the testing results. On March 1, 2023, Lordstown decided to conduct a recall to address this issue. Lordstown has not received any reports of accidents or injuries related to this issue. Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-144 Page 3 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Description of Remedy : Description of Remedy Program : Lordstown will replace the EPBs in affected vehicles at no cost to owners. This part is covered under the vehicle warranty program, and reimbursement for a pre-notification remedy under 29 C.F.R. 573.13 and Part 577.11 is not necessary. How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component : Akebono has determined that the affected EPBs are uniquely marked and are traceable and has provided Lordstown with the shipment IDs of the EPBs with potentially affected washers. Remedy components are marked with a unique marking (green square). Identify How/When Recall Condition was Corrected in Production : Only corrected EPBs that use washers that have been appropriately heat treated will be used in future production. All vehicles at the factory with affected EPBs will be retrofitted with corrected EPBs. Recall Schedule : Description of Recall Schedule : NR Planned Dealer Notification Date : MAR 03, 2023 – MAR 10, 2023 Planned Owner Notification Date : MAR 03, 2023 – MAR 10, 2023 * NR – Not Reported
Lordstown EV Corporation 2300 Hallock Young Rd., Suite 200, Warren, OH 44481 XXXXX, 2023 IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL This notice applies to your vehicle: XXXXXXXX Dear XXXXX: This notice is being sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Lordstown EV Corporation (“Lordstown”, “we”, or “us”) has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain Model Year 2023 Lordstown Endurance vehicles. Our records indicate that your vehicle is included in the affected population of vehicles. We apologize for this situation and look forward to working diligently to correct this issue. What is the issue? On your vehicle, an electric park brake (“EPB”) may lose clamping force over time due to a defective washer. What is the risk? If clamping force is lost, then the EPB could fail to prevent the vehicle from rolling when parked on a high grade. This could result in an increased risk of a crash. What will Lordstown do? Lordstown will replace each of the rear brake caliper assemblies on your vehicle at no charge to you. The repair is expected to take about 7.5 hours to complete. What are your next steps? If Lordstown has not already performed this repair, please contact Lordstown at 1-855-RIDE-LMC (1-855-743-3562) or email@example.com to schedule an appointment for Lordstown to perform this repair. What if you no longer own this vehicle? If you no longer own your vehicle, and have an address for the current owner, please forward this letter to the new owner and also let us know that you no longer own the vehicle. Do you have additional questions or concerns? Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 1-855-RIDE-LMC (1-855-743-3562) or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any questions or concerns you have. For additional information, please visit NHTSA.gov/recalls. If you are having difficulty getting your vehicle repaired in a reasonable time or without charge, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue S.E., Washington, D.C. XXXXX, 2023 Page 2 Federal law requires that you forward a copy of this safety recall notice to the lessee, if any, within 10 days. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely interested in your experience with your Lordstown Endurance and your safety. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Sincerely, Lordstown EV Corporation 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hot Line at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153) or visit www.safercar.gov.