November 1, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V849000
Loose wires can cause electrical arcing, increasing the risk of a fire.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V849
Manufacturer Heartland Recreational Vehicles, LLC
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 1,783
Heartland Recreational Vehicles, LLC (Heartland) is recalling certain 2020-2021 Heartland Cyclone and 2019-2021 Road Warrior Toy Hauler recreational trailers. The transfer switch wire securement lugs may have been improperly tightened during production, causing the wires to come loose.
Dealers will inspect and tighten the securement lugs, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed December 16, 2021. Owners may contact Heartland customer service at 1-877-262-8032.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
21v849 & 2021-668
WC : 99.01.62
Transfer switch Torque Verification
1. Disconnect shore power. Turn battery disconnects to the off position.
4. Once cover has been removed from the transfer switch using an in.lbs torque screwdriver /wrench tighten each conductor lug to the specified torque indicated on the inside of the transfer switch cover or in the installation instructions.
5. Torque specs listed on the inside of the transfer switch cover.
5 Affected Products
8 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V849-9369
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 1
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-4RCLQRT-21V849-0187
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-21V849-9011
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2022-1
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2022-2RCLQRT-21V849-7851
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2022-3RCLQRT-21V849-6300
Latest Recalls Documents
- Time delay at power up. Connection type: Screw terminals
- Mechanical interlocking contactors
- Generator dominant
- 120/240 Volt, 50A
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Rugged, heavy duty, screw type wiring terminals ready to wire to contactor base
- Time delay circuit board ensures generator voltage is at a stable level before transfer occurs. Automatically senses generator power and prevents two power sources from entering the AC Distribution Panel at the same time
- Easy-to-remove protective cover with wiring schematic inside
- 240 VAC, 50 Amps
- One-year limited warranty
- Safe and Automatic Transfer Switch - Furrion’s 50amp Automatic Transfer Switch has a built-in safe switch interlock system and is used to automatically switch between two separate 125 /250 volt AC power sources. These power sources can be from a Generator, shore power cord or inverter
- Avoid Over-voltage - Provides an added feature of a mechanical interlock between contractors to ensure both contactors cannot be closed in parallel, preventing overvoltage on the output line.Casing Material: UL 94 Fireproof Plastic
- Time Delay - Once AC power from the Generator is sensed by the transfer switch at Input 2 terminals, it will start a timer and automatically switch over to generator power supply after a 20-30 sec delay which ensures the generator has sufficient time to run up to speed before electrical load is applied.
- Durable & Reliable: Designed with Furrion's proprietary VibrationSmart and ClimateSmart technologies, this ATS is built to withstand constant vibrations & extreme temperatures. Solid brass terminals are used to increase conductivity and reduce heat and are Nickel plated for corrosion resistance.
- Highest Safety Standards - The Automatic Transfer Switch comes in a UL94 Flame retarded enclosure and is certified to UL Standards UL1008.
- TRC SURGE GUARD AUTOMATIC TRANSFER SWITCHES
- Permanently install Surge Guard protection in your RV
- Protects RV bumper to bumper from faulty park power
- Benefits of a transfer switch are a plus for some RV owners; mechanical interlocking contactors, time delay at power up, Transfers to generator power automatically when energized after 30 second delay
- ESCO Automatic Transfer Switch LPT50BRD-50 Amp 120/240 Volt relay based with terminal strip
- 50 Amp per pole
- 70 Amp neutral
- 12.0KW, 110VDC
- 22 second nominal time delay to allow generator to get up to speed Time delay is defeatable for instant switching Has terminal strip for easy wiring Shore power pass through design Size 8,5" x 8,5" x 4,5"
- Time delay at power up
- Third party listed
- Generator dominant
- Proprietary electrical interlock
- Dual contractor arrangement
- Product type : ELECTRONIC SWITCH
- Country of Origin : Honduras
- Package Weight: 4.785 kg
- Package Dimensions: 34.798 L x 24.13 W x 15.748 H(cm)
Last update on 2022-11-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.