September 28, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V757000
An improperly crimped cable may come out of place during a lifting operation, possibly causing the generator set to fall, increasing the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V757
Manufacturer Rosenbauer America
Potential Number of Units Affected 5
Rosenbauer America (Rosenbauer) is recalling certain 2022 Commercial HV 507, 2020-2021 Commander, and 2021 Panther ARFF vehicles equipped with Cummins generator sets. The lifting cables may be improperly crimped.
Cummins will inspect the lifting cable, and either replace the cable or install a warning label, free of charge. Owners may contact Rosenbauer's customer service at 1-651-462-1000 or Cummins' customer service at 1-800-286-6467.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
4 Affected Products
2 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- 1. Product Type: High precision wire rope crimping tool with Aluminum double barrel ferrule crimping loop sleeve kit
- 2. Product Material: Crimping tool was made of heavy duty stainless steel, hard and sturdy
- 3. Package Include: 3 Size 150Pcs double barrel ferrule with a crimping tool in a Square paper box
- 4. Product Feature: Crimping tool With non-slip grips and self locking mechanism design makes it more relax to provide optimum pressure
- 5. Application: Crimping tool coordinate with barrel ferrule can be widely used for wire rope, cable line dog leashes and etc
- Purpose: HX-50BI battery cable lug crimper is designed to crimp 8, 6, 4, 2, 1, 1/0AWG battery lugs, making secure connection with cables, electrical appliances, and other power mechanisms in harsh-duty environments.
- Rotating Die Set: Laser-cut dies are more dimensionally accurate than stamped dies, prevent inaccurate crimps. Compact rotation die for effortless die changing.
- Size Coded Crimping: When properly crimped, the die code number will be embossed on the connector for easy inspection to determine if correct die and connector combination were used.
- Hex-Crimp Result: Hexagonal crimping is a strong mechanical connection, creating large area of high pressure contact between cable and connector which in turn results in low resistance and high pull-out values.
- LK-60A Cable Cutting Pliers: Made of chrome vanadium steel with induction-hardened & beveled cutting edges for maximum strength and durability. Shear-type jaw for easily cutting through aluminum and copper cable up to 1/0 AWG. Not for use on steel or ACSR type cable.
- ♛【What You Get】: In this tool sets, it include a 14'' heavy duty cable crimping tool, 100pcs m1.5, m2, m2.5, m3 wire rope crimp ferrules; 30pcs m1.5, m2, m3 cable thimbles and a anti-cutting gloves which are must need for DIY your own balustrade and stairs.
- ♛【High Quality Material】: The wire rope crimping tool is made of chrome vanadium steel, treated with black oxidation, strong and durable. Crimp ferrules are made of aluminum and the cable thimbles are made of stainless steel. Rust and corrosion resistance for long time use.
- ♛【Long Handle Design】: The crimping tool which handle is 14 inch long, such a long handle is for better leverage that helps you control your position during the crimps. It won't distort the connector and leaves behind a contoures crimp impression. Non-slip handles helps reduce hand fatigue.
- ♛【Crimping Size】: This cable crimping tool which crimp range is 1/8'', 7/64'', 3/32'', 5/64'', 1/16''(1.5mm-3.5mm). Suitable for steel, copper, and aluminium duplex & single sleeves, oval sleeves, stop sleeves, wire ferrules, boat rigging fittings, stainless steel cable railing fitting.
- ♛【Mutiple Use】: The tool itself includes crimping and cutting function and can cutting up to 5/32” steel wire rope cables. Works great for railing, decking, outdoor shades, hanging string lights in the garden, building floats for oyster gardening, clotheslines or building a dog run system in the backyard.
- DURABILITY & SAFETY: Made of durable materials with high strength and good toughness. When the pressure reaches the maximum value, just twist the button, it will release automatically.
- HUMANIZED DESIGN: With this professional crimper, you can crimp wires and butt connectors easily. It is much easier than using a pair of hand crimpers. It provides with more reliable and convenient crimping operations.
- WIDE APPLICATION: It is equipped with 11 sets of the crimping dies and its head can be rotated 180° freely to benefit narrow space working, a good choice for battery and welding cables, power wires, electrical cables, etc.
- SPECIFICATION: Crimps 12 AWG to 2/0 AWG size copper and aluminum wires. Crimping range is from 4 to 70 mm2. Maximum crimping power:10 tons.
- ON-OFF CONTROL: On-Off control for quick operations. The C-style head makes side entry easier to change the dies.
- Heavy-duty wire rope hand crimper(Swaging tool) with solid construction lasts for years
- Well polished jaw brings tight and clean compression on each crimping
- Smooth surface provides security assurance to the users
- For aluminum wire rope crimp ferrules,crimping loop sleeve, duplex sleeve, fishing double sleeves, railing fittings
- Length: 15 inch / Weight: 2.56 lb
- Manual Hammer Crimper: recommend 2-4 lb sledge hammer. Also works well in a shop vise.
- Crimping Type: Indent. Terminal Type: Uninsulated.
- Wire Gauge: 8 AWG, 6 AWG, 4 AWG, 2 AWG, 1 AWG, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0 and 4/0
- Ideal for Battery and Welding Cables.
- TEMCo Industrial's 1 Year Free Return and 5 Year Void-Free Warranty.
- ❀【HIGH PRECISION JAW DESIGN】 Crimper with high precision jaw ensure a tightly connection after crimping with strong work pressure. This tool has widely application in automatic electronics work.
- ❀【ROTATE CRIMP DIES】The professional cable terminal crimping tool has 6mm²/10mm²16mm²/25mm²/35mm²/50mm² (Similar to AWG 8，6，4，2，1/0) wire size crimping, using rotating heads with a spring loaded locking pin to keep the heads in place.
- ❀【EASY OPERATION】 Press the screw and rotate the dies to the size you need, then just take a strong pull of the ratcheting wire terminal crimper then produce a good crimp on cable lugs.
- ❀【ERGONOMIC DESIGN】The handle of the wire crimper is long for 10 inch and wrapped with soft rubber, ergonomic lever structure design can increase friction and help you use less effort when crimping.
- ❀【12PCS LUGS TUBULAR RING TERMINAL CONNECTORS】The crimper set contains 12PCS ring terminal connectors, save your time and money to buy other connetors.
- 【Product upgrade】NEW 「 HX-50BI 」with 6 dies in AWG: 8,6,4,2,1,1/0,NOT IN METRIC
- 【Precise dies】Hexagonal rotating dies are processed with Wire EDM Cutting, more accurate than normal casting dies.
- 【Comfortable operation】Comfortable grip with antislip surface saves strength and improves user's experience.
- 【Solid construction】Made of high quality carbon steel which can offer long service life.
- 【Versatilel】Compatiable with copper&aluminum cable lug,non-welding and standard electrical connection.
- New for 2020, TH0006 Version 2.0. Released September 1st 2020, all units now include the following improved features:
- TRUE-HEX Crimp Forming dies apply uniform pressure on all sides for even compression and high pull out resistance.
- 9 Standard size dies for American Wire Gauge 12 through 2/0 (00). Dies conform to DIN industrial standards and are compatible with all US domestic market terminals, including color coded lugs. Dies imprint the size into the crimped terminal for code compliance inspections.
- 9 additional plus size dies cover the hard-to-fit non standard lugs like heavy cast or thin-wall terminals. All 32 dies are black oxide coated, Won’t chip or flake like chrome plated versions.
- Capable of crimping all battery and welding cable, building wiring, crimp terminal lugs (including heavy cast lugs) combined with a 5 Year Warranty from a well-known American name.
- Can crimp any wire from 14 gauge to 00 gauge. Any heavy gauge electrical wire lug, connector, or terminal that needs crimping this will get the job done.
- Great to swage stainless steel wire/rope up to 1/8th inch. Although our test show it will crimp 3/16th we do not warranty it for use on 3/16th but we always accept returns in the first 45 days. Easily make a wire rail fence around the deck, yard, or install new rigging in your boat. Anytime you're installing new steel cable this does the job with less effort.
- Hydraulic tools allow for way more force from a much smaller package. It requires a 36" mechanical crimper/swage tool to compare to the force this tool generates. Imagine trying to crimp a battery terminal under the hood with one of those. Trust us this is better.
- Our kit includes 8 different size die heads, these can be adjusted 180° to help accommodate tight spaces. Please note this tool requires very little effort to crimp. During our testing we had a lot of over-crimping. It should never feel like the crimp has to be forced. Especially important on the 00 electric or the 3/16th stainless.
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API