June 29, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V489000
A detached steering arm may cause a loss of steering control. In addition, attachment hardware may fall and become a road hazard. Both of these scenarios can increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V489
Manufacturer East Manufacturing Corp.
Potential Number of Units Affected 295
East Manufacturing Corp. (East Manufacturing) is recalling certain 2018-2021 MMX trailers equipped with Ingersoll Smart-Steer self steer axles. The steering arm may detach from the steering knuckle during certain low-speed, high-side loading maneuvers.
Dealers will inspect the steering arm and apply welds, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a schedule for recall notification. Owners may contact East Manufacturing customer service at 1-352-861-3612.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
SERVICE BULLETIN #009R
Date: December 4, 2019
Subject: SMART-STEER 2.0 Bolt-On Steer Arm Reinforcement Welds
Based on feedback from our customers, Dexter Heavy Duty has become aware that under certain loading conditions, the 8-7/8" steer arm setup on the SMART-STEER 2.0 axle is prone to shearing the attaching steer arm bolts. This will lead to a failure in the steer arm assembly.
|SMART-STEER 2.0||STEER ARM ASSEMBLY|
Dexter recommends that you perform a steer arm inspection of your axle(s) as soon as possible; but no later than four weeks after receiving this service bulletin. Please follow the steps listed below:
- Visually inspect steer arm bolts and washers for mechanical tightness and replace if necessary.
- Ensure the steer arm bolts are torqued to 400 Lbs.
- Place welds as shown on page three of this bulletin. If you would like a copy of engineering drawing 750049, please contact one of the service technicians listed below.
A reference table of impacted models is on page two of this service bulletin .
Please contact your Dexter Heavy Duty Field Service Technicians Rudy Wosing or Phil Schnurr at (226) 242-5291 if you have additional questions or need further clarification.
We appreciate your understanding as we determine a long term solution to this issue.
Engineering Manager - Dexter Heavy Duty
8-7 /8" TIE-ROD SMART-STEER 2.0 MODELS
|SSA MODEL NUMBER|
The model number can be found in the ordering variant description.
Upon inspection; if the steer arm bolts or steer arm are worn or damaged, below is the replacement steer arm kit for these models.
702732-01 BOLT-ON STEER ARM SERVICE KIT (-8-7/8") LH OR RH
|ITEM NUMBER||QUANTITY||PART NUMBER||Description|
|1||1||701657||STEERING ARM B/0 -8-7 /8" TH|
|2||2||702834||BOLT, 3/4-16 UNF-2B X 3.75" LG GR8|
|3||2||701810||I WASHER FLAT . 75" GR8 MC2|
|Not Shown||1||0150425||I LOCTITE®, BLUE 242, 0.5ML|
4 Affected Products
3 Associated Documents
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Defect Notice 573 Report
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- EASY TO USE-140 FC-I MIG machine uses 0.30, flux core wire. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can dial in the perfect weld! Perfect entry level welder
- POWERFUL- Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate
- PORTABLE WELDER- Lightweight 19 lbs. easily carried to any Do-It-Yourself, Maintenance, Repair, Metal Fabrication and Hobbyist project
- RUGGED- All metal case, Built to take the day to day. Big enough to handle 2 and 10 pound rolls of wire
- WELDER INCLUDES- 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, Integrated handle with torch wrap and a 20A-15A adapter. Backed by a 12-month warranty
- 5-position voltage control selector adds a smooth, stable arc at all welding thicknesses
- Welds 24 gauge up to 1/4 in mild steel; Weldable Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum
- Welding Processes: MIG(GMAW), Flux Cored(FCAW)
- Operates off 115V standard household current; Wire Feed Speed Range 40-700 IPM, 50-740 IPM at no load
- Welding Amperage Range: 25-140 A; 20% duty cycle @ 90 Amps, 19V
- Welds up to 1/8 in. mild steel.
- Plugs into household 115V, 20 amp outlet
- One year warranty on parts and labor.
- Easy to set even for novice users
- Compact, portable and lightweight
- The New Mig 155 GD is perhaps the most capable and versatile MIG welder in its class. Equipped with features designed to meet even the most demanding welding jobs while not breaking the bank. The 155 GD can perform MIG, flux core and DC stick welding as well as the ability to adapt scratch TIG with the optional TIG torch available through our website.
- This latest version of our economy minded 155 amp MIG welder now includes the ability to remove the torch cable and replace it with our aluminum spool gun. After inserting the spool gun a simple flick of the switch inside the welders drive roller housing enables spool gun operation.
- The MIG155GD can run .023, .030, and .035 MIG and flux cord wire. No need to disconnect electrical terminals change polarities. With the Mig 155 GD changing polarity is as simple as swapping the dongle cable from plus to minus dinse connector right on the front of the machine.
- Packaged with multiple drive rollers, both smooth and knurled for flux core welding, a reel of flux core wire, and a gas regulator for MIG welding, along with a stick welding electrode stinger, the MIG155GD is ready to handle most any DC welding needs.
- Portable, capable and versatile, still with the ability to run 120V as well as 240V this little powerhouse is tough to beat. PDF product manual is also available on the Weldpro website. 3 Year Warranty
- Synergic Adjustment Function (Software Control):Current and voltage values are intelligent automated matched(voltage value not displayed), more easier for entry level welders.
- Multi-functions in one machine: Suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG
- Powerful Machine: Up to 200A output current that can weld mild up to 5/32 inch (4.0mm) plate.
- Big enough to apply to 2 and 10 pounds rolls of wire. Ready to feed .030"(0.8mm) with solid core wire, and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Dual voltage input design: Welding machine can be plugged into 110（120）V / 220(230)V dual voltage (Automatic fitting).
- [Multiprocess MIG Welding] gasless(flux core wire) and gas(solid wire) welding :supports 2lbs .030’’ or .040’’ wire to weld over .030’’ thickness carbon steel stainless steel/mild steel.Duty Cycle: 80% at 140A and 100% at 120A(220V),80% at 100A and 100% at 90A(110V).
- [Lift Tig Welding] not high frequency tig mode,just switch to “lift tig”on the panel and buy the WP17V tig torch from our store.Please refer the NO. 4 picture to connect the torch.
- [Spool Gun Available] This RBM-1550D can be connected to a spool torch. (spool gun not included) A handy accessory for welders who do not want to constantly change wire when welding! It is more convenient for welding
- [Stick Welding] switch to “MMA” on the panel and adjust the current as needed,welding well with 3.2mm rod 7018 1/8″, 6013 and 7018 3/32″as well
- [Warranty] buy this welder with confidence as Reboot offers 3-year limited warranty and free consumables guarantee,besides,you will get a local supports for any assistance.Click on the add to cart button now!
- Your purchase includes One Hobart – 500553 Handler 210 MVP MIG Welder, One 10 ft. (3m) H100S4-10 gun, One 10 ft. (3m) work cable with clamp, Built-in gas solenoid value and dual-gauge regulator with gas hose
- Welder Dimensions: 10.62” W x 19.5” L x 12.37” H | Welder weight: 79 lbs. | Input Voltage: 110/115/120 V – 220/230/240 V | Material Thickness: 1/4” – 3/8”
- Sized for you to easily transport the unit to the jobsite with the power to weld 3/8 in. mild steel
- Keeps wire electrically “cold” until trigger is pulled which gives you ease of use and keeps you safe
- Allows you to fine control the output parameters for improved arc performance with less spatter for a better bead appearance and less clean up.
- Weldpro's flagship 200 amp multi function MIG welder with LCD display. Now with exciting new added features and easy access menus offers amazing versatility for more precise welding results. 3 Year Warranty
- The model 210 LCD is also capable of true lift TIG welding (Foot pedal can not be used on this model) as well as stick welding and aluminum welding with the optional spool gun. The MIG 210LCD is not only an intuitive synergically designed MIG / Flux Core welding machine, but now offers the option for total independent voltage and wire speed control.
- MIG, Stick or Lift TIG (*Foot pedal can not be used on this model) welding all from a single compact, space-saving unit. Welding Amperage Ranges230V: MIG: 40-200A; MMA: 20-180A; TIG: 20-180A. 30% at 200 Amp rated duty cycle
- Added new features include in MIG Mode, Run-In, Spot Weld, Gas Choice, Synergic or Full Manual controls, on screen polarity swapping for Flux Core vs Gas MIG. and in Stick (MMA) mode, On screen electrode type choices, Hot Start, and Arc Force.
- Color LCD display easy to read and set amperage and wire speed for repeatable welds every time. VRD high temp and overload protection with indication. User adjustable inductance settings.
- 【Easy to Use and Control】This gasless welder has wire feed speed control so that you can weld smoothly and excellently by adjusting it to suit your application! You can operate it easily even though you are a welding beginner. Please make sure that you read related welding material if you never used a welder, to ensure your safety.
- 【Digital intelligence and Better Experience】Wire feed mig welding machines are more efficient-twice that of ARC welding. Using IGBT inverter technology gives a more stable performance than traditional MOS tube. With fan cooling, built-in radiator, external high-speed silent large fan this multi-function welder provides a much better user experience.
- 【Widespread Application】MIG, ARC, LIFT TIG multi-function,3 in 1. This is a great product for users who likes DIY. There is a wide range of uses-suitable for simple DIY such as household welding, hanger, canopy, guardrail, etc. Many kinds of metals can be used, such as, iron, carbon steel etc. (need buy extra TIG lift torch, not included inside product)
- 【Good Design and Saving Energy】High-frequency magnetic toroidal transformer-all copper material, low resistance, more stable output, saving energy. The design of the dual voltage MIG welder is compact, small, and portable.
- 【100% Money Back Guarantee】The welder comes with a 2 year warranty. If you're not satisfied with our electric MIG welder, please feel free to contact us. We’ll refund you- without reason. Faulty arc welders can also be replaced within 60 days.
- OUT-OF-THE-BOX READY TO USE on many different welding applications
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: spool of wire, welding torch, ground clamp and cable, hand held mask, and wire brush
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY for peace of mind
- 110V AC DESIGN to allow for a more universal plug-in power source
- YELLOW PAINTED FINISH WITH JEGS LOGO for great looks and long life
Last update on 2021-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API