June 25, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V481000
An engine stall increases the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V481
Manufacturer Daimler Trucks North America, LLC
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 122,056
Daimler Trucks North America, LLC (DTNA) is recalling certain 2019-2022 Freightliner Cascadia P4, 2021 Western Star WH126, 2020 Western Star WJ121, and 2021-2022 Western Star 49X vehicles. The battery cable terminal may break, resulting in a loss of electrical power and unintended engine stall.
Dealers will repair or replace the battery cables, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed August 23, 2021. Owners may contact DTNA customer service at 1-800-547-0712. DTNA's number for this recall is FL-893.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
8 Affected Products
2 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- Use selection tabs above to select (1) cable gauge size and (2) cable length and insulation color. Available in 8 Gauge through 4/0 Gauge. Please refer to the photo gallery for a technical specification chart (amperage, voltage, stranding, insulation and copper thickness, etc.)
- WindyNation Power-Flex Cable is fully annealed PURE copper, flexible (high copper strand count), with a tough, solvent resistant EPDM insulation jacket. REFER TO THE PHOTO GALLERY FOR A DETAILED SPECIFICATION CHART
- Copper cable is fully annealed per ASTM standards. Complies with SAE J1127.
- Rated up to 600 volts, -50°C to +105°C (-58°F to +221°F).
- IEC and RoHS compliant
- Manufactured with ultra-flexible WindyNation Power-Flex Cable
- 100% fine stranded PURE COPPER cable for high amperage applications
- Copper cable lugs are tinned coated and utilize a closed end design for corrosion protection
- Polyolefin heat shrink tubing applied to form a protective seal.
- Includes one black cable and one red cable. Simply select cable length and cable lug mounting hole diameter for cable ends.
- Includes 2 AWG Pure Copper Cable + 10pcs 2 AWG Copper Cable Lugs + 3 Feet Black Heat Shrink Tubing. Save time and money by purchasing all components in one product listing.
- WindyNation Power Flex Cable is fully annealed PURE copper, highly flexible (high copper strand count), with a tough, solvent resistant EPDM insulation jacket. REFER TO THE PHOTO GALLERY FOR A DETAILED SPECIFICATION CHART (amperage, voltage, stranding, insulation and copper thickness, etc.)
- Copper cable is fully annealed per ASTM standards
- Cable Lug Specifications: pure copper, tinned for corrosion protection (excellent for outdoor and marine applications), closed end design to protect cable from outdoor environment, wire can be crimped or soldered, excellent conductivity characteristics, flared barrel end for easy entry of cable.
- Heat Shrink Tubing: 600 volts maximum, temperature range -55 Celsius to +125 Celsius, resistant to most solvents and fire resistant (polyolefin material), black in color with no printing. REFER TO PHOTO GALLERY FOR A DETAILED SPECIFICATION CHART.
- 4 AWG Gauge Battery Cable: Included one positive (Red) and one negative (Black) cable, 2 foot length for each cable, fit 3/8'' stud. black + red 2 pcs set
- Copper battery cables are available with pre-attached cable lugs with 3/8" diameter mounting holes. Jacket and insulation are resistant to oil, gas, salt water, battery acid, heat, abrasion and sunlight.
- Oxyten free copper (OFC) conductors ensure maximum performance, Rated 600 Volts Max with 105C Dry and 75C Wet temperature ratings and will remain flexible in extreme cold weather.
- Polyolefin heat shrink tubing is applied at the cable lug attachment point to form a protective seal, good for prevent corrosion and heat insulation.
- VonSom power inverter cables are excellent for battery bank wiring, inverter cables, grounding cables, RV car marine boat wiring applications, golf cart wiring etc.
- 25-FEET (7.62m) [ RED 1/0 GAUGE POWER/GROUND WIRE ] - The lower the gauge number, the thicker the wire. Thicker wire presents less resistance to current flow.
- COPPER CLAD ALUMINUM (CCA) - CCA wiring provides a good conductor for power transfer. This is the most economical option when choosing power or ground wire. Systems that require more power should consider OFC wiring.
- RUGGED PVC JACKET - Allows free, wide and seamless adjustment of the required physical properties of this wire such as flexibility, elasticity, and impact resistance.
- EASY POLARITY IDENTIFICATION - This two color jacket allows for easy polarity identification. Making a polarity mistake could be damaging to your audio equipment.
- SOFT TOUCH JACKET - The jacket on our cable is designed with the installer in mind. The flexibility of this jacket allows for easy routing and has a low memory.
- 【2 CABLES】This 6awg 20 inches battery cables contain one positive (Red) and one negative (Black) power inverter cables. 3/8” ring at each end. The Maximum operating current is 59.9A
- 【UL LISTED】Our cables are UL listed. UL testing makes sure that wire sizes are correct or devices can handle the amount of current they claim to be able to. They also ensure that products are constructed correctly for the highest safety
- 【TINNED COPPER】Tin-plated copper has good stability, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, which improves the oxidation resistance of copper and maintains its conductivity better
- 【PVC INSULATED JACKET】Flexible PVC insulation of battery cables resists abrasion, waterproof and moisture proof, flame retardant and heat insulation, and withstands the rigors of an automotive or marine environment
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】The 6 gauge positive and negative cables are ideal for car automotive, solar, marine, RV, motorcycle, golf cart, lawn/garden equipment or power inverter batteries
- 2 AWG cable. Please refer to the photo gallery for a technical specification chart (amperage, voltage, stranding, insulation and copper thickness, etc.)
- High grade EPDM insulation jacket: Resistant to tears, cuts, abrasion, water moisture, and oil based solvents
- High stranding cable count combined with EPDM insulation results in a very flexible cable
- Rated up to 600 volts, -50°C to +105°C (-58°F to +221°F). Pure copper cable. Copper cable is fully annealed per ASTM standards
- Made in the USA. Copper cable is fully annealed per ASTM standards. Complies with SAE J1127. IEC and RoHS compliant
- HEAVY-DUTY AMERICAN DESIGN: Unlike all those cheaply-made battery cables, the Spartan Power Made in the USA 2 gauge battery cables are PVC insulated and professionally cut, crimped & heat shrunk in Reno, NV!
- FOR A LIFETIME OF SERVICE: Our 2 AWG battery cables are not only sturdy & flexible, but they also feature 665 strands of 100% pure copper cable and lugs pre-assembled on both ends.
- ONE SET OF BATTERY WIRES, UNLIMITED USES: Spartan Power positive and negative cables are ideal for car automotive, solar, marine, RV, motorcycle, tractors, golf carts or power inverter batteries.
- FIND A CUSTOM SOLUTION: Don't need two cables? Need only a positive or ground wire? Find exactly what you need in our huge collection of premium quality automotive battery cables and accessories.
- LIFETIME CRIMP WARRANTY: We believe these are the best 2 AWG battery cables on the market today, if you ever experience a crimp failure, Spartan Power will gladly repair or replace your cables for free!
- The Boost Max Series - Introducing our most powerful lithium jump starters yet. Designed for the largest, most challenging engine starts ever. With over 5250-amps of starting power, it can jump start gasoline and diesel engines up to 16-liters.
- UltraSafe - Safe and easy to use battery jump starter pack without the worry of incorrect connections or sparks. Safely connect to any 12-volt battery with our mistake-proof design featuring spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection.
- Commercial Grade - It's commercial in every way. It jump starts almost every type of vehicle and equipment, including semi-trucks (up to class 8), motorhomes, coaches, buses, mining, agricultural, construction, and vocational equipment - 6, 8, 12, and 16 cylinder - and more. Plus, an integrated digital battery voltmeter for enhanced diagnostics.
- Beyond Portable - Jump starters this powerful typically are enormous and weigh hundreds of pounds, but our high discharge lithium technology makes it the most compact and lightweight design in the world - weighing a mere 15-pounds. And its portable carrying case makes jump starting more convenient than ever.
- Multi-Functional - It's not just a lithium jump starter but also a portable power bank for recharging smartphones, tablets, and other USB devices, with an ultra-bright 600-lumen LED flashlight with seven light modes, including emergency strobe and SOS.
Last update on 2021-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API