April 23, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V290000
The excessive brightness may reduce the vision of other drivers, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V290
Manufacturer Rosenbauer America
Components EXTERIOR LIGHTING
Potential Number of Units Affected 32
Rosenbauer America (Rosenbauer) is recalling certain 2016-2020 Commercial F-550, 2019 Commercial 7500, 2015 Commercial 7400, 2018 Commercial 7400, 2019 Commercial HV613, 2018 Commander, 2017 Warrior, 2019 Warrior, 2016-2020 Commercial M2 106, 2017 Commercial M2 112, and 2021 Commercial 348 vehicles. The rear lights may be too bright. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 108, “Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment.”
Dealers will provide a filter kit to be installed in the rear lights, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed on June 14, 2021. Owners may contact Rosenbauer customer service at 1-651-462-1000.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Recall Work Instruction
Please read the entire Work Instruction before proceeding with any work. Contact Rosenbauer America if there are any concerns with information contained in this document.
Subject: Remedy Work Instructions for Recall Number 21V-290
Applies To: Certain 2015-2021 Rosenbauer and Commercial Chassis
Correction: The installation of a diffuser will ensure the lamps are not too bright.
Parts needed: A diffuser provided by Rosenbauer
Tools Needed: Phillips Screwdriver
Time Allowed: .25 hours per diffuser
Installation and Mounting Instructions:
Step 1. Turn off truck.
Step 2. Remove the four screws on the lens as indicated in Figure 1.
Step 3. Remove the clear lens from the unit.
Step 4. Remove the backing paper from the provided diffuser as shown in Figure 2 & Figure 3
Step 5. Place the diffuser in the lens as shown in Figure 4. Ensure the diffuser is placed so that the side that had the paper backing is facing up.
Step 6. Reinstall the lens to the unit as shown in Figure 5.
Step 7. Secure the unit using the four screws removed in step 1.
Step 8. Write the Recall # 21V-290 on the recall decal and stick to the officer side kick plate.
Figures are on the next page.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
City, State, Zip, Country
June 22, 2021
Re: Safety Recall Notice NHTSA Recall ID# 21V-290
Dear Owner of a Rosenbauer Fire Apparatus:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. This is to inform you that your vehicle may have a defect that could affect the safety of a person or increase the risk of a crash due to the increased brightness of a LED stop, tail, turn, reverse lamp installed in your emergency vehicle. Federal law requires the Recall Remedy completed on this unit prior to customer delivery.
What is the issue? Rosenbauer America is recalling certain: 2015 Commercial 7400, 2016, 2019-2020 Commercial F-550, 2016-2020 Commercial MS 106 and M2 112, 2015, 2018-2019 Commercial 7400, 7500, HV 613, 2021 Commercial 348 and 2017-2019 Rosenbauer Warrior and Commander Chassis that have a Code 3 LED Lamp with Manufacturer Part Number 79STTRBZ. The lights were shipped from Code 3 and installed at Rosenbauer from December 2015 to August 2020 in certain trucks. The increased brightness may adversely affect the vision of following drivers, increasing the risk of a crash.
How do I know if my truck has this type of equipment? Rosenbauer has worked with Code 3 to find the impacted trucks based on production dates. If you have received this letter, we believe the VIN(s) listed above has the recalled light.
How do I resolve this important safety recall? Contact your Rosenbauer Dealer to line up the remedy to fix the recalled light. The remedy involves the installation of a diffuser which is applied to the light and we estimate it to take around .25 hours per light. The repair will be provided to the customer free of charge. However, if you feel comfortable performing the recall yourself, please contact Rosenbauer for a diffuser kit and work instruction. We require photographic proof of completion so we can report appropriately to NHTSA.
What if I already paid to have this repair completed: Contact Rosenbauer and your Rosenbauer
Dealer with the details of the repair including pictures of the diffuser installed on the light as well as a labor sheet or invoice. Once we have received proof of completion and your invoice, we will coordinate reimbursement.
What if I no longer own this truck: please contact Rosenbauer to provide the new owner information. Rosenbauer will then contact the new owner.
If you are the lessor of this vehicle: please forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within 10 days to comply with federal regulations or you can contact [email protected] for assistance.
If after having attempted to take advantage of this recall you believe you have not been able to have your fire apparatus remedied without charge and within a reasonable amount of time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20590 or call the toll-free vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
We apologize for any inconvenience this safety recall may cause, but your safety is our first concern.
Rosenbauer America Warranty Department
100 Third Street
Lyons, South Dakota 57041
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
Attention: Dealer Name
June 22, 2021
Re: Safety Recall Notice NHTSA Recall ID# 21V-290
Dear Rosenbauer Dealer:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. This is to inform you that a vehicle in your network may have a defect that could affect the safety of a person. Federal law requires the Recall Remedy completed on this unit prior to customer delivery. If there are any units in your posession at the time you have received this letter, please contact us. Owner notification letters will be mailed before the end of the year.
What is the issue: Rosenbauer America is recalling certain: 2015 Commercial 7400, 2016, 2019-2020 Commercial F-550, 2016-2020 Commercial MS 106 and M2 112, 2015, 2018-2019 Commercial 7400, 7500, HV 613, 2021 Commercial 348 and 2017-2019 Rosenbauer Warrior and Commander Chassis that have a Code 3 LED Lamp with Manufacturer Part Number 79STTRBZ. The lights were shipped from Code 3 and installed at Rosenbauer from December 2015 to August 2020 in certain trucks. The increased brightness may adversely affect the vision of following drivers, increasing the risk of a crash.
How are the recalled parts identified: Rosenbauer has worked with Code 3 to find the impacted trucks based on production dates. We believe the trucks listed in this letter are impacted and will need the remedy.
How is this safety recall resolved: We are telling the customers to contact their Rosenbauer Dealer to line up the recall remedy which entails the installation of a diffuser. Rosenbauer America will reimburse .25 hours of labor per diffuser installation. The remedied parts and repair will be provided to the customer free of charge. In addition, due to the ease of the remedy, we are allowing customers to request the diffuser kit through us as well as a work instruction and perform the remedy if they are comfortable doing so. Rosenbauer will enter the SRS ticket once the diffuser is shipped so we can have record of sending one and you can also see this on your end. The customer will in turn need to send us photographic proof of the diffuser installed on the light so we can have it for our records.
What do we need from our dealers: we will be using the SRS ticket system to track everything related to this recall. Please submit an SRS ticket if you are assisting the customer and include 21V-290 in the complaint area. We also request all invoices uploaded to the SRS. As always, you can contact us here or through the [email protected] email.
What if the customer already paid to have this repair completed: the customer should contact Rosenbauer or their Dealer with the details of the repair and they will receive reimbursement. If you performed the repair, make sure the invoice is in the SRS.
What if the customer listed no longer owns this truck: the customer should contact Rosenbauer to provide the new owner information. Rosenbauer will then contact the new owner.
If the customer listed is no longer lessor of this vehicle: we ask the customer to please forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within 10 days to comply with federal regulations or to contact us for assistance.
We apologize for any inconvenience this safety recall may cause, but safety is our first concern.
Truck(s) included in this recall:
Rosenbauer America Warranty Department
100 Third Street
Lyons, South Dakota 57041
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL:
This notice applies to your REV Ambulance Group Orlando, Inc. (REVO) Ambulance unit with the VIN number(s):
REVO Ambulance vendor component issue, NHTSA recall number: 21V289
Dear REV Ambulance Owner
This notice is being sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Highway Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Rev Ambulance Group Orlando, Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in a component of certain Weldon’s, a division of Akron Brass V-Mux Vista IV user interface panels.
WHAT IS BEING RECALLED?
The V-Mux Vista IV Interface. Power and ground are critical to proper operation of electronics including the Vista IV display. The Vista IV display has an operating voltage of 9‐32 VDC. When the supply voltage at the display drops, even for a moment, such as when starting the engine, the V‐MUX® Vista IV Interface typically turns off and quickly and automatically restarts. However, units on the attached list may not restart on their own if the voltage dips out of range (less than 9 volts).
WHY IS IT BEING RECALLED?
Low voltage may lead the V-Mux Vista IV Interface to a blank display and sometimes loss of button function when the LCD display or the CPU do not restart properly, which can increase the risk of injury. The installer supplied wiring and loads engaged when starting the vehicle, may have an impact on whether the issue presents itself in any one vehicle installation so you may not have experienced this issue, so even if the issue has not occurred the Vista IV should be replaced.
WHAT YOU AS THE OWNER/OPERATOR SHOULD DO:
Unit serial numbers on the attached list are Vista IV displays that our records show was shipped to you and that are part of the recall. Once the serial number has been confirmed, please contact Weldon, a division of Akron Brass for a replacement screen free of charge to you. Weldon will allow 1 hours of labor to remove and replace the V-Mux Vista IV display.
Please contact Brett Carlson, [email protected] or your Weldon representative to arrange the remedy.
The REV Orlando Ambulance Group, Inc. contact information is as follows:
Phone: 1(855)661-9232 Ext. 302 for Customer Service – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT
Email: [email protected]
If you feel REV Ambulance Group Orlando has not fully answered your questions, please contact the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C., 20590; or call the toll free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to www.safercar.gov.
Federal law requires any lessor who receives a notification of a determination of a safety-related defect or noncompliance pertaining to any leased motor vehicle shall send the notice to the lessee within 10 days. If you are no longer owner of this vehicle, please forward this letter to current owner or provide us with information so we may contact the new owner.
REVO is dedicated to providing the safest ambulances in the industry, and vehicle safety is our highest priority. We sincerely regret the inconvenience this recall poses to all of our customers.
REV Ambulance Group Orlando, Inc.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
Dear Valued Code 3 Customer:
We are writing to inform you that Code 3 is conducting a voluntary safety recall of 7 x 9 Stop-Tail-Turn-Reverse All-in-one LED Lamps, Part No. 79STTRBZ. Our records indicate that some of the recalled lamps were shipped to you. Please review this letter carefully for more information.
What Products are Involved?
This recall involves Code 3 7 x 9 Stop-Tail-Turn-Reverse All-in-One LED Lamps, Part No. 79STTRBZ. These lamps were sold as original and replacement equipment for use primarily in emergency vehicles. The recall covers all products with this part number.
What is the Problem?
Recent quality testing conducted by Code 3 indicated that the subject lamps may exceed the maximum permissible candela levels specified in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108 at certain test points. The increased photometric intensity may adversely affect the vision of following drivers, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
What should you do?
(a) Product Remaininq in Your Inventory: If any of the subject lamps remain in your inventory, you should return them to Code 3. The returned parts will be replaced with 79STTRBZ-D lamps, that are currently available.
(b) Products Installed on New Vehicles: If any of the recalled lamps were installed in new motor vehicles that are no longer in your possession, you should consider your obligations to notify NHTSA in accordance with 49 CFR Part 573. A copy of Code 3’s Part 573 Noncompliance Notification is attached for your information. This was submitted to NH TSA on June 22, 2020. Vehicle manufacturers may instruct owners to contact Code 3 to obtain a filter kit (Part No. CZ0199) free of charge. Installation of the kit will ensure that the lamps perform within the permissible photometric intensity ranges. Your Code 3 representative will work with you and your customers to facilitate this process.
Please contact Code 3 Customer Service at (314) 426-2700 or [email protected] if you have any questions about this recall. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we are taking this action in the interest of our customers’ personal safety and satisfaction with our products.
Joh M. Ducharme
President ESG Americas
Enclosures (Part 573 Noncompliance Notification, Owner letter)
10986 North Warson Road, St. Louis, Missouri 63114
T 314-426-2700 | F 314426-1337 | [email protected]
19 Affected Products
|ROSENBAUER||COMMERCIAL 7400||2015, 2018|
|ROSENBAUER||COMMERCIAL M2 106||2016-2020|
|ROSENBAUER||COMMERCIAL M2 112||2017|
10 Associated Documents
Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Noncompliance Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-2
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2021-4
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2021-3
Latest Recalls Documents
- (Set of 2 W2.5x16q D.F. wedge base 3156/3157 red LED bulbs) LED Chips: 39 pieces high quality,high power with high performance led chips per 3156 3157 LED bulb ---360 degree full angle illumination with projector lens design
- Compatible with both standard and CK / SRCK type. Voltage: 12V - 14.8V, Built in stable current IC driver for longer lifespan. Color: Pure red.
- T25 base dual/single filament, Non-polarity. Cross reference number: 3156, 3056, 3047, 3047LL, 3047K, 3055, 3057, 3057ST, 3057K, 3057KX, 3057X, 3057KLCP, 3057LL, 3155, 3155LL, 3157 ,3157K, 3157X, 3157LL, 3157ST, 3157KX, 3357, 3357LL, 3357K, 3457, 3457K, 4057, 4057LL, 4057K, 4114, 4114LL, 4114K, 4157, 4157LL, 4157K, 4157NA, p27/7w, 3157/40610, 3157/17172, 12450004, 78633, 17945, 3156/21863, 9442003, 78625, 17941, etc.
- Application: Used for upgrading automotive cars, trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, vans the stock incandescent dim rear turn signal blinker light, brake stop lights, tail lights, side marker light amp for much safer driving and luxury looking, load resistor maybe required to avoid the fast blinking issues.
- Warranty: fully ONE YEAR guaranteed for the manufacturer defect.please check the fitment note application before purchasing.
- 【Ultra Bright】- AUTOONE 1157 led bulb is 360 degrees illumination increase the brightness and visibility, 300% brighter output than halogen, without dark spots, no glare to other drivers. Instant start, no delay, safe and reliable enough. 【Dual Brightness】- There are dual brightness in the same bulb. The dim mode is tail light, the bright mode is brake light
- 【Fitment】- Compatible with 1157 BAY15D 1157 1157NA 1157A 1178A 1196 2057 2057A 2357 2357A 2357NA 2397 7528 sockets. 【Application】- Great replacement for brake light, tail light. Plug and play, non-polarity
- 【Longer Working Hours】- AUTOONE 7528 led bulb is aircraft grade aluminum body built and unique bump appearance design increase the heat dissipation area. Wide voltage & constant current provide up to 45, 000 hours lifespan and low power consumption. No more frequent changes improved driving experience
- 【Specifications】- 5pcs high power 3030 SMD chipsets, 18pcs 4014 SMD chipests; Power: 7.5W/ Bulbs; Voltage: 9~18V DC; Current: 0.62A; Lumen: 1400 LM/ Bulbs; IP67 Waterproof; Lifespan: 45,000+hours; Light Color: Brilliant Red
- 【Worry Free Service】- Built-in intelligent IC driver, AUTOONE 1157 bulb are suitable for most of vehicle computer systems without error or flicker, but some sensitive models may require a canbus decoder or load resistor, please get in touch with us to get free decoder or any other problem
- What you receive: package comes with 10 pieces 3157 miniature bulbs, enough quantity to meet your multi usages, you can share them with your friends or as backup
- Durable to use: our miniature light bulb is made of quality material, can be applied for longer time than most standard bulbs, which can serve you for long time
- Nice design: the filament and gas mixture of the long time bulb have been engineered for withstanding road vibration and provide longer life than traditional bulbs
- Low maintenance: our mini light bulbs are designed for durability, requires low maintenance, so you needn't to spend much time and effort on repairing these 3751 light bulbs
- Easy to install and replace: the miniature bulbs are easy to install, and you can replace the bulb easily, after replacing, it will show instant results
- twice the life of standard incandescent bulbs
- best value
- original equipment quality seal for the most reliable performance
- always replace in pairs to ensure a symmetric light beam from both bulbs on the road. bulbs dim over time.
- miniature bulbs by philips, for over 100 years we have been continuously innovating automotive lighting
- 【SUPER BRIGHT】 – Yorkim 3157 LED bulbs are powered by 18 pcs of high quality 5050 chipsets to offer ultra brightness for your vehicle. 360 degree lighting angle, no blind spot, super brighter than the stock yellowish halogen bulb, updates your car interior to a modern look
- 【SPECIFICATIONS】- Head diameter 18mm, Length 47mm, Voltage 12v, 6500K Xenon White. A 50w Load resistor(ASIN:B07KS6KMYG)might be needed to prevent error message when replace for Turn Signal Lights. You may also need a flasher relay to solve the fast blinker issue for some vehicles
- 【FITMENT】 - 3056 3057 3156 3157 4157, commonly used for backup reverse lights, brake lights, tail lights or turn signal lights.
- 【EASY TO INSTALL】 - Non-polarity design, simply plug and play. Not suitable for CK sockets.
- 【NOTE】 - Normally different LED bulbs are required for different parts of the same car (I.e. brake light, tail light, turn signal light, etc.). Although 3157 LED bulbs are most commonly used, they may not fit all parts of your car. Please check owner's manual to verify compatibility before purchase or send us a picture of your original bulb for our assistance on selecting the right product
- (Set of 2 Bulbs) 54SMD 3014 & 3SMD 3030 high brightness chips per bulb, Working Voltage: 9v-30v.
- Fits: 3056 3057 3057K 3057LL 3155 3157 3157K 3157NA 3157NAK 3157LL 3156NA 3156A 3156 3156K 3357 3357K 3357KNA 3357LL 3457 3457-NA 3457K 3457NAK 3757AK 3757ALL 4057 4057LL 4057K 4114 4114LL 4114K 4157 4157LL 4157K 4157NA 4157NAK 5702A 5702AK 5702AK etc. Easy installation, plug and play.
- Application: Brake Lights, Tail Lights etc. Load resistor or flash relay might be needed to prevent the hyper flash when replacement for Turn Signal Lights.
- Advantage: Compatible for both CK/SRCK and Standard socket, non-polarity design. 300% brighter than original halogen bulb, full Aluminum Housing with Projection lens for Maximum Light output and better heat distribution,built in Constant Current IC for Longer life span & Low Power Consumption.
- Please double check owners manual or original bulb number to confirm before placing an order. Any other problem please feel free to contact us, we are always here to satisfy of you.
- (Set of 2) Please check Amazon fitment NOTE to confirm its application before purchasing.1400 lumens per T20 wedge 7440 7443 red LED Bulb, total 2600 lumens for both 7440 7443 LED red bulbs with projector-lens; Each 7440 7443 LED bulb is equipped with high illumination and high power 33 pieces 5730 LED chips.
- Built-in Intelligent IC driver and 6063 aviation aluminum material for best cooling and longer lifespan.
- Working Power: 8.5W, Volts: 12V ~ 24V; Waterproof IP67; Applications: Used for upgrading dim OEM incandescent or damaged turn signal blinker light, bbrake stop light, taillights, side marker light, tail lights, center high mounted stop light (3rd brake lights)etc.
- T20 base, Cross reference number: 7440, 7441, 7443, 7443LL, W21/5W, 7443/26201, 78660, 78661, 17919, 7515, HIB7443WM, W21W, 7440/26200, 17632, 7504, W3x16Q, 7440LL, etc.
- One year warranty. Extra load resistors maybe required to avoid the signal hyper flash or error code.
- See Sylvania’s Application Guide in the Technical Details below to confirm compatibility
- Longer life than basic bulbs
- Legal for on road use
- OE (Original Equipment) Manufacturer
- Light bulbs dim over time and require replacement
- 【Ultra Bright】- Each 7440 7443 LED bulbs utilize high power 3030 SMD & 4014 SMD Chips- 300% brighter than halogen bulbs. 1400 Lumens per bulb with 360 degrees of illumination, 2800 lm of 2 bulbs. Ensure sufficient illumination brightness and distance, the warning effect is more obvious
- 【Longer Lasting】- Low power consumption & Built-in intelligent IC driver for longer lifespan. Full aviation aluminum material with hollow design for better heat dissipation and safer working. The service time of the T20 W21W LED bulb could last up to 50,000 hours. 【Easy to Install】- Non-polarity design. Plug and play. Compatible with both CK/SRCK and standard socket
- 【As Brake Lights & Tail Lights】- This 7443 Flashing Strobe Blinking Brake LED bulbs will fast flashes 3 times at the beginning braking mode for much easier notified and safer stop & then turn stable solid brake light (Legal blinking times) to avoid any automotive cars, trucks, SUVs, RVs rear-end collision
- 【Specification】- Working Voltage: 9-18V DC; Size: 1.70 x 0.79 x 0.79 inch; Current-Output: 0.5 A; Wattage: 6W/Bulb; Light Color: Brilliant Red. NOTE: Please check your vehicle’s owner manual or factory light bulb to confirm correct size. For some sensitive cars, additional decoder or anti-flicker harness may be required, contact AUTOONE to get the load resistor for free
- 【Cross Reference Number】- 7440, 7441, 7443, 7443LL, W21/5W, 7443/26201, 78660, 78661, 17919, 7515, HIB7443WM, W21W, 7440/26200, 17632, 7504, 7440LL, 7443-SRCK, 7443-CK, etc
- ✔【Super Bright & Low Power】(Set of 4 bulbs,6500K,Xenon White) 3157 3014 78-EX Chipsets LED Bulbs,900 Lumens&3.6W Per Bulb,Much Brighter Than Original Bulb.
- ✔【Application】Non-polarity design,Compatible for both CK/SRCK and Standard socket.Fits: 3057 3057K 3057LL 3155 3157 3157K 3157NA 3157NAK 3157LL 3156NA 3156A 3156 3156K 3357 3357K 3357KNA 3357LL 3457 3457-NA 3457K 3457NAK 3757AK 3757ALL 4057 4057LL 4057K 4114 4114LL 4114K 4157 4157LL 4157K 4157NA 4157NAK 5702A 5702AK 5702AK etc.Working voltage:Dc 9v-30v,For most vehicles, Just Plug & Play Replacement LED
- ✔【Heat Dissipation】Built-in intelligent IC driver and aviation aluminum material for better performance,stable input current protects the circuit,Ensure the secure temperature range and consistent brightness out to reach a long LED bulb life up to 50,000 hours.
- ✔【Attention】You might need to add 50W 6-Ohm load resistors or change flash rely to prevent the LED bulbs from hyper flashing,Amazon filter system may not be 100% accurate, The bulb size may vary between trim of your vehicle. Please double check owners manual or original bulb size to confirm before placing an order.
- ✔【Service】If you have any questions, or meet any issues of the order, please let us know.All of our product enjoys 24h customer service,Just buy with confidence.
Last update on 2022-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.