April 16, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21E028000
A loss of power to the system may cause loss of motive power, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21E028
Manufacturer Meritor, Inc.
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 15
Meritor, Inc. (Meritor) is recalling certain 14Xe ePowertrains part numbers A-3200A2653-657, A-3200D2656-478. The stator assembly wires may have been insufficiently crimped, causing high resistance, overheating, and preventing the high voltage system from starting.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
May 17, 2021
Attention: Jim Bingaman
3200 Airport Road
Denton, TX 76205
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
NOTICE: Defect Information Report, in accordance with 49 CFR §573.6, concerning certain 14Xe ePowertrain motor stators where the stator lug terminations were insufficiently crimped creating high resistance and ultimately excessive heat. The affected assemblies were built between February 8, 2019 and August 4, 2020.
Meritor File: C21AC
NHTSA File: 21E028
Dear CUSTOMER CONTACT:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Meritor, Inc. (“Meritor”) has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 14Xe ePowertrain motor stators. The affected assemblies were built between February 8, 2019 and August 4, 2020.
Description of Defect
Certain 14Xe ePowertrain motor stators where the stator lug terminations were insufficiently crimped creating high resistance and ultimately excessive heat. The operator may experience a loss of power to the accessory systems that can increase the risk of crash.
NHTSA Notification & Safety Recall Obligations
According to our records, affected units were shipped to your company. If those units were installed as original equipment on vehicles manufactured at your facility, and you agree that they contain a safety defect, your company must notify the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) within 5 business days and conduct a safety recall of those vehicles. It is critical that the NHTSA guidelines are followed in a timely manner and that your customers are notified to conduct the remedy described below.
IMPORTANT: Some of the affected vehicles may still be in your inventory. Federal law requires you to complete the recall service on these vehicles before delivery. Meritor will provide replacement or repair for these units prior to delivery to your customers.
You must also submit your draft version of your dealer and customer notices to NHTSA for approval at least 5 days prior to mailing such notification to dealers and owners of potentially affected drivelines. You may contact NHTSA with questions by sending an email to [email protected]
IMPORTANT: Dealer notification by Certified Mail is required by Federal law for all safety recalls. Responsible dealership personnel should be instructed to sign for this Certified Mail without hesitation as it contains urgent safety recall information. Notifications to owners of potentially affected vehicles must be by first class mail. Please be advised that the outside of each envelope containing an owner notification letter must be marked “SAFETY RECALL NOTICE” all in capital letters, either in boldface or underlined, and in type that is larger than that used in the address section. A sample of the envelope must be submitted to NHTSA for approval at least 5 business days before mailing to owners.
Meritor will inspect entire suspect population for heat damage on the carrier terminal block. Vehicles with heat damage will be taken out of service and have stators replaced. If no signs of heat damage are found, the vehicle will stay in service and stator replacement will be scheduled as a preventive measure. Customers will be reimbursed for inspection process and defective parts.
Identification of Affected Parts
Serial numbers of axles that may have been affected are attached to this notification.
Vehicle manufacturers are requested to provide VIN information and Vehicle In-Service Dates for traceability and reporting purposes. The requested information is to be forwarded to:
Availability of Replacement Parts and Service Instructions
Replacement parts are currently available and if needed will be provided by Meritor at no cost. Vehicle manufacturers (OEMs) or repair facilities should obtain replacement parts by contacting Meritor’s OnTrac Performance Plus Call Center using any of the below methods:
Parts, Labor and Handling Allowance
The following are the details of allowances relating to parts, labor and handling available to vehicle manufacturers (OEMs); Meritor will provide parts, labor and handling at no cost.
- Inspection: 1.75 hours
- Inspection and replace carrier – 13.75 hours
Claims for Credit
Meritor will accept warranty claims for inspecting, and replacement of any resultant component damage associated with this notice directly from the vehicle manufacturers (OEMs). To obtain credit for the claim; the repair facility should file with its OEM and the OEM will reimburse the repair facility for the work. Meritor will reimburse the OEM through its standard warranty process.
In order to receive proper credit, such warranty claims must contain the following information at the time of submission:
- Reference to Meritor Campaign ID Number: C21AC
- Reference to NHTSA Campaign ID Number : 21E028
- Reference to the vehicle manufacturer’s campaign number (optional)
- 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Vehicle owner’s name, address, and telephone number
- Vehicle in-service date
- Vehicle repair date
- Vehicle mileage at the time of repair
- Dealer work order number
- Repairing facility name, address, and telephone number
- Total labor hours required performing the work, not to exceed agreed formula
- Repair facilities hourly rate
- Tracking number for shipment of returned material
Failure to provide complete information will delay processing of the warranty claim.
If you conclude that Meritor has not enabled you to remedy this condition in a reasonable time, you may submit a complaint to the:
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
1200 New Jersey, S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20590
- or -
Call the toll free Vehicle Safety Hotline: 1-888-327-4236; (TTY: 800-424-9153) or go to http://www.safercar.gov
We regret any inconvenience that this situation may cause. Meritor wants to assure you that we are concerned for customer safety and your continued satisfaction with our products.
Senior Director of Quality
Serial Number List
1 Affected Product
|BRAND||PART NO.||PRODUCTION DATES|
5 Associated Documents
Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall 573 Report - Amendment 2
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- 3x Faster Charging Speeds : The Duosida Level 2 Car Charger charges your car 3x faster than your standard Level 1 charger . Comes with instruction booklet.
- Universal Vehicle Compatibility : Compatible with All EV Cars
- 25 ft. long charge cord with 16 amp , 220v NEMA 6-20p plug.
- Free 110v standard outlet adapter for level 1 charging.
- The charger comes with a 2-year warranty , so please feel free to contact us.
- 👍QUALITY LEVEL 2 EV CHARGER WITH CORE TECHNOLOGY: The TRAVELMASTER and all of its components are designed and built for electrical safety. Thanks to the Silver plating on the standard J1772 inlet, our charger have better conductivity and could prevent overheating.The TRAVELMASTER is lightening-proof and has leakage, overvoltage, overheat and overcurrent protection, so you can safely charge your vehicle. EV Connector can work on rainy days due to its IP67 waterproof rating. (Control Box IP55)
- ✔ AUTOMATIC DETECTION OF SAFETY MAXIMUM CHARGING POWER: Simply connect the proper adapting plug and start charging. The TRAVELMASTER portable electric vehicle charging station automatically detects which adapting plug is plugged in and starts charging at the maximum charging power. No need to calculate how many kilowatt hours you can charge, so you can charge safely while saving valuable time.
- 🚗CHARGE AT ANY PLUG OUTLET, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME: The TRAVELMASTER with SAE J1772 connector is able to charge almost all electric cars. It comes with two adapting plugs as standard. The NEMA 14-50 adapting plug can be used to quickly charge your vehicle at a 32Amp outlet. You can also connect this ev charger to a NEMA 5-20 outlet in an emergency. The optional adapting plugs for NEMA 6-20, NEMA 10-30, NEMA 14-30, TT-30, NEMA 6-50 and NEMA 10-50 outlets give you unlimited use of any socket.
- ⚡QUICKER CHARING: With the TRAVELMASTER, you can charge up to 6 times as quickly as at a standard domestic power outlet. Carefully check the maximum AC charging current and maximum AC charging power (KW) of your vehicle to see how quickly the battery in your electric car will be fully charged so that you can quickly get back on the road. (The actual working current it depends on your vehicle setting).
- ❤PERFECT SERVICE: The MUSTART EV charger comes standard with a 2-year warranty. (Used item comes with a one-year warranty.) Whenever your Mustart EV chargers have any problem or anything simply not meeting your needs, please contact us and we will reply within 24 hours.
- Up to 6x faster charge: High-power, 32 amperes, 7.7 kW EV charging station. Indoor / outdoor installation. Built-in cable rack and security lock. UL listed. ENERGY STAR-certified. 3-year limited warranty for normal residential use.
- Convenient WiFi connectivity: With the free JuiceNet app, control and monitor charging remotely, get notified when your car is fully charged, set reminders to charge, and more.
- Smart grid savings: Schedule your charging times when rates are lower — making your electric vehicle even cheaper to drive.
- Plug-in installation: Just install a simple NEMA 14-50R outlet and you're ready to plug in your JuiceBox. Compatible with some dryer outlets via available adapters.
- Rebates: Qualifies for local incentives in many utility service areas. Participate in the Enel X JuicePoints program to earn cash for smart charging in eligible geographies.
- CHARGING SET WITH NEMA 5-15 ADAPTER: Sometimes, Megear level 2 EV charging（NEMA6-20 Plug） in your garage is not an option. That's why we created an EV charging set that includes a Level 1 adapter cable which meet with common outlet in your house. The 3 feet long adapter enables you to charge your electric car via a standard 120V (NEMA 5-15) wall plug.
- VERSATILE VEHICLE COMPATABILITY: The plugs are compatible with all major EV automakers and multiple power sources.（Please note that if your charger need to unplug the plug and replug it to start charing, please don't worry, this is one of our protection function, to avoid the risk of danger when the plug is powered on for a long time.）
- 3.86 KW/H FASTER CHARGING SPEEDS: With level 2 charging, most electric vehicles will charge up to 11 miles per hour. Our level 2 EVSE charging speed up to 3x faster than your car's original charger,which means you can spend more time heading out for fun and adventure and less time waiting around.
- MULTIPLE PROTECTION: The EVSE provide lightning-proof, leakage protection, overvoltage protection, overheat protection, overcurrent protection ,IP55 rating waterproof, UL94V-0 rating flame resistance for your safety. Control box with LED indicators help you learn about the charging status.
- PROFESSIONAL AFTER -SALES: Local customer service team offer life-time hassle-free technical support, and 12 Months warranty. If anything is not to your complete satisfaction, simply reach out to us and we will make it right!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Xchange, Bplan (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 75 Pages - 08/15/2013 (Publication Date)
- CHARGES ALL EVs & PHEVs: Fully compatible with all Electric Vehicles and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles sold in the United States and Canada. Including: Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Ford Fusion, BMW i3, Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius, Tesla (with adapter).
- SUPER FAST CHARGING & EASY INSTALLATION: Charges up to 8x Faster than Standard AC Level 1 EV chargers for an additional estimated 25-35 miles of Range Per Hour. Engineered for ease of Installation with a Standard NEMA 6-50 plug and universal mounting bracket.
- SAFETY RATED & TESTED: Designed and tested to meet the nationally recognized UL (USA) & cUL (Canada) standards for safety. A must-have for electrical products installed in your home. NEMA 4 rated for Indoor/Outdoor use in all weather.
- ADJUSTABLE AMPERAGE & MODERN COMPACT DESIGN: Adjust the Max Current Output (32A, 24A, 16A) to Support Multiple Circuit Ratings (40A, 30A, 20A). Install in more locations with a slim, compact & modern design.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED INCLUDED: One low price, no need to purchase other items. Includes: charging unit w/ 18 foot cable, NEMA 6-50 plug, universal mounting bracket, plug holster & user manual.
- ✔ Charging Speed Up to 3x faster: This level 2 ev charger could charge your vehicle 3x faster than the level 1 charger.
- ✔ Two Different Charging Options: This level 2 ev charger works at 240V/16A with a NEMA 6-20P (like the dryer/washer outlet), Comes with a sturdy carry case for traveling or daily commuting portable use.
- ✔ Universal Connector: Works with any ev with standard J1772 connectors in North America.
- ✔ Excellent Protection Performance: Indoor installation for longer life span. LED light indicators is helpful to read the charging status and to be easily spotted in the dark.
- ✔ Realiable Assurance: CE Certification qualified and the SAE Standard J1772 is UL listed. Package includes a charger + a carry case + a user mannul + an adapter. BougeRV level 2 EV Charger carries 12-month no-hassle warranty, so if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us with pictures or videos, we will get back to you promptly.
- 【 Max 40 Amp 】 Usually the Acceptable Charge Level is 32~40Amp. According to the Current That the Electric Vehicle Can Accept, It is Intelligently Adjusted to the Best Current, So the Current Will Fluctuate Up And Down. If an Electric Car Accepts 40A Charging, It May Actually Exceed 40A
- 【 High-Speed 】 LEFANEV EV Charging Level 2(220-250V,40A,25ft) Portable EVSE Home Electric Vehicle Charging Station With Nema 14-50 Plug , 10 Times Faster Than Other EV Chargers You ever Used. Unlike normal EV chargers, Our EV Chargers are Compatible with Most Electric Cars, which Meet SAE J1772 Standard.Only Used for Electric Car Charging, Not Include Electric Motorcycles
- 【 IP66 Waterproof Mode 3 Wall Box 】 Everything You Need Is in the Box and the Charging Unit Itself Is All-Weather Compatible/Waterproof. The LCD Display Tells You Exactly How Much And What Speed You'Re Charging At.
- 【 Smart And Intelligent EV Charger 】 Designed with an Intelligent Chip Which Will Monitor All the Conditions During the Charging Process Including the Voltage, Current, Charging Time and Power Consumed.
- 【 100% Satisfied 】 please download or consult if necessary. Whenever Your EV Chargers Have Any Problem or Anything Simply Not Meets Your Needs, unconditional replacement within 30 days
- Compact design, powerful performance. 240-volt Level 2 charging technology in an incredibly small size, Pulsar Plus provides up to 40 Amps of power to charge your EV up to 7x faster than standard Level 1 charging cables
- Connected and Smart. Connect Pulsar Plus to your smart devices using the myWallbox app to wirelessly control and monitor your charger via Wifi or Bluetooth. Use myWallbox to create schedules that take advantage of off-peak utility rates, get notifications, set reminders and more.
- Flexible Power. Two models, multiple possibilities. Adjustable capacity from 16A up to 40A, giving you the flexibility to connect to lower-power circuits when maximum power isn’t needed and to “amp-up” when you’re ready for more power.
- Power Sharing. Connect more than one Pulsar Plus to the same electrical circuit to safely charge multiple EVs at one time. Built-in smart power management automatically balances charging to ensure the most efficient energy distribution, with no need for extra components.
- Onboard Intelligence. No access to WiFi in your garage or parking spot? No problem! Pulsar Plus let’s you plug in, charge and manage your schedules even when you can’t connect to the internet.
- [FAST CHARGING] Now MOREC recommends you Level 2 40A, 220-240V EV Charger with NEMA 14-50 plug , which could charge your car 8x faster than other EV chargers you ever used. 26ft (7.9M) cable permits you to park your car 196 square meters around the oulet
- [PORTABILITY AND EASY OPERATION] When you are traveling or visiting relatives and friends, you don't have to worry about charging, because our chargers can be carried with the car and you can check every charging data by huge LCD screen on the charger. All you need is just a 220 V ~240 V NEMA 14-50 outlet to connect
- [HIGH SECURITY] Our EV charger adopts High Strength ABS material, which has better quality and high durability. Our chargers have over-current protection, over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, leakage protection, overheating protection, waterproof rating of IP66 and other safety protection measures. They can secure your car charging
- [HIGH COMPATIBILITY] Unlike normal EV chargers, our EV chargers are compatible with most electric cars, which meet SAE J1772 standard. All of our products have passed CE certification and FCC certification, and the quality is superior
Last update on 2021-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API