April 16, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21E028000
A loss of power to the system may cause loss of motive power, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21E028
Manufacturer Meritor, Inc.
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 15
Meritor, Inc. (Meritor) is recalling certain 14Xe ePowertrains part numbers A-3200A2653-657, A-3200D2656-478. The stator assembly wires may have been insufficiently crimped, causing high resistance, overheating, and preventing the high voltage system from starting.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
May 17, 2021
Attention: Jim Bingaman
3200 Airport Road
Denton, TX 76205
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
NOTICE: Defect Information Report, in accordance with 49 CFR §573.6, concerning certain 14Xe ePowertrain motor stators where the stator lug terminations were insufficiently crimped creating high resistance and ultimately excessive heat. The affected assemblies were built between February 8, 2019 and August 4, 2020.
Meritor File: C21AC
NHTSA File: 21E028
Dear CUSTOMER CONTACT:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Meritor, Inc. (“Meritor”) has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 14Xe ePowertrain motor stators. The affected assemblies were built between February 8, 2019 and August 4, 2020.
Description of Defect
Certain 14Xe ePowertrain motor stators where the stator lug terminations were insufficiently crimped creating high resistance and ultimately excessive heat. The operator may experience a loss of power to the accessory systems that can increase the risk of crash.
NHTSA Notification & Safety Recall Obligations
According to our records, affected units were shipped to your company. If those units were installed as original equipment on vehicles manufactured at your facility, and you agree that they contain a safety defect, your company must notify the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) within 5 business days and conduct a safety recall of those vehicles. It is critical that the NHTSA guidelines are followed in a timely manner and that your customers are notified to conduct the remedy described below.
IMPORTANT: Some of the affected vehicles may still be in your inventory. Federal law requires you to complete the recall service on these vehicles before delivery. Meritor will provide replacement or repair for these units prior to delivery to your customers.
You must also submit your draft version of your dealer and customer notices to NHTSA for approval at least 5 days prior to mailing such notification to dealers and owners of potentially affected drivelines. You may contact NHTSA with questions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Dealer notification by Certified Mail is required by Federal law for all safety recalls. Responsible dealership personnel should be instructed to sign for this Certified Mail without hesitation as it contains urgent safety recall information. Notifications to owners of potentially affected vehicles must be by first class mail. Please be advised that the outside of each envelope containing an owner notification letter must be marked “SAFETY RECALL NOTICE” all in capital letters, either in boldface or underlined, and in type that is larger than that used in the address section. A sample of the envelope must be submitted to NHTSA for approval at least 5 business days before mailing to owners.
Meritor will inspect entire suspect population for heat damage on the carrier terminal block. Vehicles with heat damage will be taken out of service and have stators replaced. If no signs of heat damage are found, the vehicle will stay in service and stator replacement will be scheduled as a preventive measure. Customers will be reimbursed for inspection process and defective parts.
Identification of Affected Parts
Serial numbers of axles that may have been affected are attached to this notification.
Vehicle manufacturers are requested to provide VIN information and Vehicle In-Service Dates for traceability and reporting purposes. The requested information is to be forwarded to:
Technical Manager OnTrac Customer Service Center – Troy, MI
Phone 248-435-1110 Fax 248.435.1393
Availability of Replacement Parts and Service Instructions
Replacement parts are currently available and if needed will be provided by Meritor at no cost. Vehicle manufacturers (OEMs) or repair facilities should obtain replacement parts by contacting Meritor’s OnTrac Performance Plus Call Center using any of the below methods:
Parts, Labor and Handling Allowance
The following are the details of allowances relating to parts, labor and handling available to vehicle manufacturers (OEMs); Meritor will provide parts, labor and handling at no cost.
- Inspection: 1.75 hours
- Inspection and replace carrier – 13.75 hours
Claims for Credit
Meritor will accept warranty claims for inspecting, and replacement of any resultant component damage associated with this notice directly from the vehicle manufacturers (OEMs). To obtain credit for the claim; the repair facility should file with its OEM and the OEM will reimburse the repair facility for the work. Meritor will reimburse the OEM through its standard warranty process.
In order to receive proper credit, such warranty claims must contain the following information at the time of submission:
- Reference to Meritor Campaign ID Number: C21AC
- Reference to NHTSA Campaign ID Number : 21E028
- Reference to the vehicle manufacturer’s campaign number (optional)
- 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Vehicle owner’s name, address, and telephone number
- Vehicle in-service date
- Vehicle repair date
- Vehicle mileage at the time of repair
- Dealer work order number
- Repairing facility name, address, and telephone number
- Total labor hours required performing the work, not to exceed agreed formula
- Repair facilities hourly rate
- Tracking number for shipment of returned material
Failure to provide complete information will delay processing of the warranty claim.
If you conclude that Meritor has not enabled you to remedy this condition in a reasonable time, you may submit a complaint to the:
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
1200 New Jersey, S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20590
– or –
Call the toll free Vehicle Safety Hotline: 1-888-327-4236; (TTY: 800-424-9153) or go to https://www.safercar.gov
We regret any inconvenience that this situation may cause. Meritor wants to assure you that we are concerned for customer safety and your continued satisfaction with our products.
Senior Director of Quality
Serial Number List
1 Affected Product
|BRAND||PART NO.||PRODUCTION DATES|
7 Associated Documents
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 2RCLRPT-21E028-9925
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-21E028-7990
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 1RCLRPT-21E028-4621
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21E028-9157
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-2
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2021-3RCLQRT-21E028-5047
Latest Recalls Documents
- Level 2, 240 volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station charges any EV up to 9X faster than a normal wall outlet, with flexible amperage settings up to 50 amps (16/24/32/40/48/50 Amp) and plug-in or hardwired installation. Use the ChargePoint app to pick the right amperage for your home after installation.
- Works with all electric cars, tested on leading EV models: Chevrolet Volt and Bolt EV, Hyundai Kona and Ioniq, Kia NIRO, Nissan LEAF, Tesla models, Toyota Prius Prime, BMW i3, Honda Clarity, Chrysler Pacifica, Jaguar I-PACE, and many more
- Charge faster and smarter with the ChargePoint app. Set a schedule to only charge when electricity is cheapest, set reminders so you never forget to plug in, use Alexa voice control, and see all your ChargePoint charging data in one place
- Safe and reliable, with a 3-year backed by 24/7 customer support from a company dedicated to EV charging for 10+ years. UL listed for electrical safety, ENERGY STAR certified for efficiency.
- Easy for any electrician to install indoors or out. Plug-in installation with NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 outlet (6-50 currently selected) requires circuits rated 40A or 50A. For other circuit ratings, including 60A-80A for 48A-50A charging, the plug is easily removed for hardwired installation. Select the amperage that works best for you and your home, helping to avoid electrical upgrades.
- UL AND ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED LEVEL 2 EV CHARGER. DEFAULT CHARGE RATE is 40A. WiFi Internet connection is required to raise or lower charge rate. Pair with an Emporia Vue Smart Home Energy Monitor to automatically charge only with excess solar power and curb charging during peak demand.
- UL LISTED WITH YOUR SAFETY IN MIND. Manufactured to meet the safety criteria defined by these industry standards: NEC 625, SAE J1772, UL 817, UL 991, UL 2231, UL 2251, and UL 2594. INSTALLS INDOORS OR OUTDOORS. Your charger will be safe from the elements with a rugged watertight NEMA Type 4 enclosure. Check with your state and local company to see if there are incentives and rebates in your area. PROTECTED BY A 3-YEAR WARRANTY.
- HARDWIRED OR PLUGGED INSTALLATION - 11.5kW (240V/48A) / 9.6kW (240V/40A) / 10kW (208V/48A) / 8.3kW (208V/40A) (up to 48A hardwired or up to 40A NEMA Type 14-50P with 22" cable compliant with 2017 NEC Section 625.17(A)(3)). Requires a dual-pole, dedicated breaker at 60A+ for a 48A charge or 50A+ for a 40A charge. A professional electrician is recommended for hardwiring or installing a NEMA Plug.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ANY EV. The charger comes with a SAE J1772 connector (adapter required for Tesla EVs) and a 24' cable with integrated cable management.
- REAL-TIME ENERGY DATA: REQUIRES 2.4 GHz WIFI WITH AN INTERNET CONNECTION to monitor energy use and charging sessions with iPhone / Android / Web Browser app. Schedule charging with app. Easily manage the parameters to handle variable utility rate charges.
- STAY ORGANIZED – MAX GREEN dock and hook combination is truly the perfect accessory for your EV charger. It is a simple addition that will have a huge impact to the outlook of your garage. The design concept is to keep your space organized and protect your charger from damage.
- HEAVY DUTY AND DURABLE – Heavy duty combination with steel and plastic material can hold your EV Charger steady.
- FIT ALL J1772 PLUG - Highly recommend to anyone who want to mount standard J1772 type connector, indoors or outdoors!
- SIMPLE TO USE - Simple insert and click the EV charging nozzle. 25M long cables can be easily coiled up and hung on the deep J hook.
- PACKAGE INCLUDES – 1X J1772 Dock and J-Hook, 4X Screws. If anything is not to your complete satisfaction, simply reach out to us and we will make it right!
- Level 2 EV Charging: The MaxiCharger Home is a 240 Volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station that can charge any EV or plug-in hybrid up to 9X faster than a Level 1 (120 Volt) regular outlet charger. The ev charger power output range of 6 amps up to 50 amps allows you to choose the charging speed that fits your lifestyle and home.
- Smart and Convenient Mobile App: Manage your charging easily, intelligently, and insightfully. The advanced Autel Charge mobile app allows you to track, manage, schedule, and optimize smart EV charging anytime to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates.
- Efficient Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connectivity options ensure automatic OTA (over-the-air) firmware updates and seamless connectivity and communication with your mobile device. The optional start and stop RFID card functionality can prevent unauthorized use.
- Durable and Safe: The MaxiCharger's durable 25-foot cable, sturdy construction, and high-grade materials provide maximum weather resistance. A NEMA 4 protection rating, and certification by CSA testing labs, provide safe and reliable indoor and outdoor usage in any climate. Equipped with a 20mA CCID to protect you from overvoltage.
- 3 Year Warranty and 24/7 Support: The MaxiCharger NEMA plug units are easily installed by a licensed electrician. Qualifies for local rebates and incentives with UL and CSA safety certifications performed by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL). A 3-year warranty, automatic updates, and around-the-clock support from Autel's best-in-class customer service team will ensure a smooth and effortless onboarding and charging experience.
- LEVEL 2 EV CHARGER: Electrify Home's Level 2 EV Charger, HomeStation provides up to 9.6 kW of available power at 40 Amps for quickly charging capable electric vehicles (EV). Flexible charger amperage between 40A, 32A, and 16A.Tested and Certified to meet UL standards for safety (UL 2594, UL 2231-1&2). SAE-J1772 compliant for all current US electric vehicles. ENERGY STAR certified.
- SMART CHARGER: HomeStation is WiFi ready with app control and features the Electrify America app for managing your charger remotely at home, all while connecting to the largest public charging network in the country. Smart charging features include remote access control, remote start/stop, notifications/reminders, scheduled charging, and OTA updates.
- FLEXIBLE INSTALLATION OPTIONS: For easy installation, HomeStation Level 2 home charger comes with a standard NEMA 14-50 supply power plug, compatible with the 240 volt outlets commonly found in households. Weatherproof enclosure allows for indoor or outdoor installation. The unit can also be hardwired by a licensed electrician.
- 24 HOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Including 3-year limited warranty (Parts only).
- COMPATIBILITY: Electrify America Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charger is compatible with all current US electric vehicles, including: Tesla Model S, Volkswagen ID.4, Ford Mach-E, Chevrolet Bolt EV, Audi e-tron, KIA Soul EV, BMW i3, VW e-Golf, Jaguar I-PACE, Hyundai Kona Electric.
- FAST CHARGING SPEEDS WITH UPGRADE VERSION: The MUSTART upgraded 40A level 2 EV charger which is more sturdy, contains more sensitive chips, higher waterproof level and better abrasion resistance, can charge your car up to 2.5X faster than the 16A level 2 EV charger. It is 5X faster than the 16A level 1 EV charger that most electric vehicles come with. (The actual working current it depends on your vehicle setting).
- SUPER COMPATIBLE: Works with most electric vehicles, the EVSE is compatible with all plug-in EVs. *Tesla requires a SAE J1772 adapter.
- 100% SATISFACTION: We are credit for your trust. Whenever your Mustart EV chargers have any problem or anything simply not meeting your needs, please contact us and we will provide a two-year warranty. (Used item comes with a one-year warranty.)
- CONVENIENT: Compact size with a total 25 feet charging cable for flexible installation and usability. All you need is just a 220 Volt or 240 Volt NEMA14-50 outlet to plug the charger into.
- HIGH QUALITY: This portable charging station is made to last with durability and reliability. It is lightening-proof and has leakage, overvoltage, overheat and overcurrent protection, so you can safely charge your vehicle.
- High-Speed Charging: When compared to the stock 8A level 1 charger, MEGEAR Skysword EV Charger is 3 times as fast with NEMA 6-20, leaving you with more time to get back on the road in your EV.
- Reliability to the Fullest: Our smart-chip detection system in MEGEAR Skysword electric vehicle charger can detect all aspects of the charging progress, including overheating, current overflow, power surge, low voltage, power overload, leakage to ensure safety and protection.
- Compatible with all EVs: MEGEAR Skysword ev charging station is compatible to all SAE J1772 standard electric vehicles and Tesla models (via SAE J1772 Charging Adapter).
- LED Indicator: Indicator on the back of MEGEAR Skysword portable EV Charger displays charging progress and errors.
- Warranty Information: All products come with a 2-Year Limited Warranty and Life-time technical support. If the product is damaged or lost the accessories during transportation, please contact us in time. We will resend replacement or accessories for you immediately.
- Functions: The charger is a regular level 1 charger, Its maximum current is 15A, the maximum power is 1.8KW, and the applicable voltage range is 100-120V, it can used in all the ev cars.
- Portability:The charger with small size is easy to be carried to any where,you could take it to go on a picnic or travel.Only need a NEMA5-15 socket,you can charge any time
- Intelligent chips: Automatically repair minor charging problems while charging .The lights will blink in different ways to indicate different problems to help you know the charging situation right now
- Good quality :IP 65 means it can be used in rainy day outside and the structure is stable which is not easy to be damaged.
- Up to 7x faster charge: High-power, 40 amperes, 10kW EV charging station. Indoor / outdoor installation. Built-in cable rack and security lock. UL listed. ENERGY STAR-certified. 3-year limited warranty for normal residential use.
- Convenient WiFi connectivity: With the free JuiceNet app, control and monitor charging remotely, get notified when your car is fully charged, set reminders to charge, and more. Dynamic LED lights show charging status. Voice control via Amazon Echo / Alexa.
- Smart grid savings: Schedule your charging times when rates are lower — making your electric vehicle even cheaper to drive.
- Plug-in installation: Just install a simple NEMA 14-50R outlet and you're ready to plug in your JuiceBox. Compatible with some dryer outlets via available adapters.
- Rebates: Qualifies for local incentives in many utility service areas. Participate in the Enel X JuicePoints program to earn cash for smart charging in eligible geographies.
- CHARGES ALL EVs & PHEVs: Fully compatible with all Electric Vehicles and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles sold in the United States and Canada. Including: Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Ford Fusion, BMW i3, Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius, Tesla (with adapter).
- SUPER FAST CHARGING & EASY INSTALLATION: Charges up to 8x Faster than Standard AC Level 1 EV chargers for an additional estimated 25-35 miles of Range Per Hour. Engineered for ease of Installation with a Standard NEMA 6-50 plug and universal mounting bracket.
- SAFETY RATED & TESTED: Designed and tested to meet the nationally recognized UL (USA) & cUL (Canada) standards for safety. A must-have for electrical products installed in your home. NEMA 4 rated for Indoor/Outdoor use in all weather.
- ADJUSTABLE AMPERAGE & MODERN COMPACT DESIGN: Adjust the Max Current Output (32A, 24A, 16A) to Support Multiple Circuit Ratings (40A, 30A, 20A). Install in more locations with a slim, compact & modern design.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED INCLUDED: One low price, no need to purchase other items. Includes: charging unit w/ 18 foot cable, NEMA 6-50 plug, universal mounting bracket, plug holster & user manual.
Last update on 2022-10-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.