April 7, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V243000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V243
Manufacturer Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company
Potential Number of Units Affected 2,752
Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company (Utility Trailer) is recalling certain 2006-2021 VS2DC, VS2DX, VS3DX trailers. The horizontal weld that attaches a mild steel angle to the slider rail for super doubles/pintle hook operations may be missing.
Utility Trailer will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, add the weld, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed on April 9, 2021. Owners may contact Utility Trailer customer service at 1-800-423-6591. Utility Trailer's number for this recall is SB-07-015.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
April 7, 2021
RECALL NOTICE: Trailers manufactured out of Glade Springs, VA factory for Super Doubles operation may be missing a horizontal weld attaching a mild steel angle to the slider rail just above the pintle hook tube assembly.
Inspect if weld is present. Weld can be located on the INSIDE (between the slider rails) or OUTSIDE. If weld is not present, ok to apply ¼" weld full length as shown to OUTSIDE mating surface of mild steel angle to slider rail.
1. Slider rai ls
2. End plate
3. Gusset reinforcement
4. Mild steel angle reinforcing
5. Gusset slider rail to vertical
Customers and lessees can schedule with local Utility Service for inspection and adding the weld. File recall claims with Utility Field Service for reimbursement of labor time and weld materials (inspection .25hrs + adding weld 2hrs).
Any further questions should be directed to Utility’s Field Service Department at 1(800) 423-6591.
Field Service Department
UTILITY TRAILER MANUFACTURING COMPANY
UTM Reference: SB-07-015
NHTSA Reference #21-001387-25843-10
April 07, 2021
IMPORTANT RECALL NOTICE
Subject: Missing Weld on Mild Steel Angle – Super Doubles
This letter is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor
Vehicle Safety Act. Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co. [“Utility”], in consultation with the National Highway Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Administration, has decided to notify its customers of non-compliance on 2006-2021Dry Van trailers manufactured out of our Glade Springs, VA factory. Said trailer group would be equipped for Super Doubles operation. In response to this situation, Utility is initiating a voluntary Non-Compliance Recall to address the potential defect.
This Non-Compliance Recall includes VS2DC, VS2DX and VS3DX produced out of Glade Springs, VA between 01.25.2006 – 03.30.2021 and would be equipped for super doubles operation.
You are receiving this notice because Utility’s records show you as the purchaser of one or more of the affected trailers.
- Attached is a list of your trailers’ VIN
What you should do:
If you need help:
If you have any questions or concerns that your dealer is unable to resolve, please call Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co. / Field Service Department at 800-423-6591.
If after having attempted to take advantage of this recall you believe you have not been serviced according to this bulletin within a reasonable amount of time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C., 20590; or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
If you are the lessor of this vehicle:
Please forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days to comply with federal regulations.
We apologize for any inconvenience this Non-Compliance.
Utility Trailer Manufacture Co. / Field Service Department
48 Affected Products
5 Associated Documents
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- EASY TO USE-140 FC-I MIG machine uses 0.30, flux core wire. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can dial in the perfect weld! Perfect entry level welder
- POWERFUL- Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate
- PORTABLE WELDER- Lightweight 19 lbs. easily carried to any Do-It-Yourself, Maintenance, Repair, Metal Fabrication and Hobbyist project
- RUGGED- All metal case, Built to take the day to day. Big enough to handle 2 and 10 pound rolls of wire
- WELDER INCLUDES- 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, Integrated handle with torch wrap and a 20A-15A adapter. Backed by a 12-month warranty
- 5-position voltage control selector adds a smooth, stable arc at all welding thicknesses
- Welds 24 gauge up to 1/4 in mild steel; Weldable Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum
- Welding Processes: MIG(GMAW), Flux Cored(FCAW)
- Operates off 115V standard household current; Wire Feed Speed Range 40-700 IPM, 50-740 IPM at no load
- Welding Amperage Range: 25-140 A; 20% duty cycle @ 90 Amps, 19V
- Welds up to 1/8 in. mild steel.
- Plugs into household 115V, 20 amp outlet
- One year warranty on parts and labor.
- Easy to set even for novice users
- Compact, portable and lightweight
- The New Mig 155 GD is perhaps the most capable and versatile MIG welder in its class. Equipped with features designed to meet even the most demanding welding jobs while not breaking the bank. The 155 GD can perform MIG, flux core and DC stick welding as well as the ability to adapt scratch TIG with the optional TIG torch available through our website.
- This latest version of our economy minded 155 amp MIG welder now includes the ability to remove the torch cable and replace it with our aluminum spool gun. After inserting the spool gun a simple flick of the switch inside the welders drive roller housing enables spool gun operation.
- The MIG155GD can run .023, .030, and .035 MIG and flux cord wire. No need to disconnect electrical terminals change polarities. With the Mig 155 GD changing polarity is as simple as swapping the dongle cable from plus to minus dinse connector right on the front of the machine.
- Packaged with multiple drive rollers, both smooth and knurled for flux core welding, a reel of flux core wire, and a gas regulator for MIG welding, along with a stick welding electrode stinger, the MIG155GD is ready to handle most any DC welding needs.
- Portable, capable and versatile, still with the ability to run 120V as well as 240V this little powerhouse is tough to beat. PDF product manual is also available on the Weldpro website. 3 Year Warranty
- Synergic Adjustment Function (Software Control):Current and voltage values are intelligent automated matched(voltage value not displayed), more easier for entry level welders.
- Multi-functions in one machine: Suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG
- Powerful Machine: Up to 200A output current that can weld mild up to 5/32 inch (4.0mm) plate.
- Big enough to apply to 2 and 10 pounds rolls of wire. Ready to feed .030"(0.8mm) with solid core wire, and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Dual voltage input design: Welding machine can be plugged into 110（120）V / 220(230)V dual voltage (Automatic fitting).
- [Multiprocess MIG Welding] gasless(flux core wire) and gas(solid wire) welding :supports 2lbs .030’’ or .040’’ wire to weld over .030’’ thickness carbon steel stainless steel/mild steel.Duty Cycle: 80% at 140A and 100% at 120A(220V),80% at 100A and 100% at 90A(110V).
- [Lift Tig Welding] not high frequency tig mode,just switch to “lift tig”on the panel and buy the WP17V tig torch from our store.Please refer the NO. 4 picture to connect the torch.
- [Spool Gun Available] This RBM-1550D can be connected to a spool torch. (spool gun not included) A handy accessory for welders who do not want to constantly change wire when welding! It is more convenient for welding
- [Stick Welding] switch to “MMA” on the panel and adjust the current as needed,welding well with 3.2mm rod 7018 1/8″, 6013 and 7018 3/32″as well
- [Warranty] buy this welder with confidence as Reboot offers 3-year limited warranty and free consumables guarantee,besides,you will get a local supports for any assistance.Click on the add to cart button now!
- Your purchase includes One Hobart – 500553 Handler 210 MVP MIG Welder, One 10 ft. (3m) H100S4-10 gun, One 10 ft. (3m) work cable with clamp, Built-in gas solenoid value and dual-gauge regulator with gas hose
- Welder Dimensions: 10.62” W x 19.5” L x 12.37” H | Welder weight: 79 lbs. | Input Voltage: 110/115/120 V – 220/230/240 V | Material Thickness: 1/4” – 3/8”
- Sized for you to easily transport the unit to the jobsite with the power to weld 3/8 in. mild steel
- Keeps wire electrically “cold” until trigger is pulled which gives you ease of use and keeps you safe
- Allows you to fine control the output parameters for improved arc performance with less spatter for a better bead appearance and less clean up.
- Weldpro's flagship 200 amp multi function MIG welder with LCD display. Now with exciting new added features and easy access menus offers amazing versatility for more precise welding results. 3 Year Warranty
- The model 210 LCD is also capable of true lift TIG welding (Foot pedal can not be used on this model) as well as stick welding and aluminum welding with the optional spool gun. The MIG 210LCD is not only an intuitive synergically designed MIG / Flux Core welding machine, but now offers the option for total independent voltage and wire speed control.
- MIG, Stick or Lift TIG (*Foot pedal can not be used on this model) welding all from a single compact, space-saving unit. Welding Amperage Ranges230V: MIG: 40-200A; MMA: 20-180A; TIG: 20-180A. 30% at 200 Amp rated duty cycle
- Added new features include in MIG Mode, Run-In, Spot Weld, Gas Choice, Synergic or Full Manual controls, on screen polarity swapping for Flux Core vs Gas MIG. and in Stick (MMA) mode, On screen electrode type choices, Hot Start, and Arc Force.
- Color LCD display easy to read and set amperage and wire speed for repeatable welds every time. VRD high temp and overload protection with indication. User adjustable inductance settings.
- 【Easy to Use and Control】This gasless welder has wire feed speed control so that you can weld smoothly and excellently by adjusting it to suit your application! You can operate it easily even though you are a welding beginner. Please make sure that you read related welding material if you never used a welder, to ensure your safety.
- 【Digital intelligence and Better Experience】Wire feed mig welding machines are more efficient-twice that of ARC welding. Using IGBT inverter technology gives a more stable performance than traditional MOS tube. With fan cooling, built-in radiator, external high-speed silent large fan this multi-function welder provides a much better user experience.
- 【Widespread Application】MIG, ARC, LIFT TIG multi-function,3 in 1. This is a great product for users who likes DIY. There is a wide range of uses-suitable for simple DIY such as household welding, hanger, canopy, guardrail, etc. Many kinds of metals can be used, such as, iron, carbon steel etc. (need buy extra TIG lift torch, not included inside product)
- 【Good Design and Saving Energy】High-frequency magnetic toroidal transformer-all copper material, low resistance, more stable output, saving energy. The design of the dual voltage MIG welder is compact, small, and portable.
- 【100% Money Back Guarantee】The welder comes with a 2 year warranty. If you're not satisfied with our electric MIG welder, please feel free to contact us. We’ll refund you- without reason. Faulty arc welders can also be replaced within 60 days.
- OUT-OF-THE-BOX READY TO USE on many different welding applications
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: spool of wire, welding torch, ground clamp and cable, hand held mask, and wire brush
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY for peace of mind
- 110V AC DESIGN to allow for a more universal plug-in power source
- YELLOW PAINTED FINISH WITH JEGS LOGO for great looks and long life
Last update on 2021-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API