March 22, 2018 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 18V187000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V187
Components STRUCTURE, TIRES
Potential Number of Units Affected 977
Keystone RV Company (Keystone) is recalling certain 2018 Passport recreational trailers, models 153ML, 171EXP, 175BH, 195RB, 199ML, 217EXP and 239ML. The spare tire carrier may not have been mounted properly to the back wall of the trailer, and, as a result, the spare tire and carrier may detach from the trailer.
Keystone will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the spare tire carrier mounting and install reinforcing backers if necessary, free of charge. The recall began on April 14, 2018. Owners may contact Keystone customer service at 1-866-425-4369. Keystone's number for this recall is 18-311.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
Safety Recall: 18V-187
Safety Advisory: 18-311
April 23, 2018
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
«City», «State» «Zip»
This notice applies to your vehicle: «VIN» Dear «Owner_name»:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Keystone RV Company has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain model 2018 Keystone Passport Travel Trailers. As a result, Keystone RV is conducting a safety recall. We apologize for any inconvenience this action may cause you; however your safety and continued satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us.
|Reason for this recall||It has been decided that the vehicles in the recall population have a spare tire carrier that may not have adequate support in the rear wall of the unit. Under certain conditions during travel, the spare tire carrier can loosen and detach from the rear wall leading to an increased risk of a crash leading to property damage, and vehicle damage.|
|What we will do||Keystone representatives have been in contact with the staff at your selling dealership regarding this situation. The remedy is to inspect all affected models and add backers as needed. The service and parts required for this corrective action will be provided at no charge to you.|
|What we need you to do||As soon as possible, please make an appointment to have your RV serviced by your dealership. The labor time to perform this correction is approximately 3 hours. Please ask your dealer if you wish to know how much additional time will be needed to schedule and process your RV for this repair.|
|If you have questions||Your dealer is best equipped to obtain parts and provide service to ensure your RV is corrected as promptly as possible. Please contact Keystone Customer service if your dealer is unable to assist or if you take your RV to your dealer on the agreed service date, and the dealer does not remedy the condition within a reasonable amount of time, or without charge to you. You may be eligible to receive reimbursement if you paid to have the defect resolved prior to receiving this correspondence. Keystone Customer Service is available toll-free at 1-866-425-4369.|
If after contacting Keystone Customer Service you are still not satisfied we have done our best to remedy this situation, you may also submit a written complaint to: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590. You may call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153; or go to http://www.safercar.gov.) Federal regulations require that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days. Thank you for your attention and cooperation in this matter.
Vice President Service Operations
cc: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
PO Box 2000 – Goshen, IN 46527-2000
Phone: (574) 535-2100 – Fax: (574) 535-2199
1 Affected Product
11 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-18V187-9527
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-18V187-5069
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-18V187-8875
Miscellaneous Document- Email to DealerRMISC-18V187-5930
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)RCMN-18V187-4679
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1RCLQRT-18V187-1124
Miscellaneous Document- TweetRMISC-18V187-4825
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3RCLQRT-18V187-6226
Latest Recalls Documents
- Holds 4-lug (4 on 4" bolt pattern) and 5-lug (5 on 4-1/2" bolt pattern) trailer wheels and not compatible with 5 on 4-3/4" or 5 on 5" bolt pattern
- Mounts on trailer tongues up to 3 inch wide and 5 inch high
- Angled and raised mount design makes this ideal for boat trailers as well
- Durable powder coat finish to resist rust and corrosion
- Zinc plated mounting hardware
- Easily mount to your trailer to create a spare tire mount location
- Fits trailer tongues up to 6" tall and 3.5" wide
- Durable, powder coated steel and zinc-plated hardware
- Easy to install, no permanent mount
- Compatible with 4 lug X 4" diameter hole pattern, 5 lug X 4.5" diameter hole pattern, and 5 lug X 4.75" diameter hole pattern
- HEAVY DUTY TIRE MOUNT: The cast aluminum hinge casting and HD wheel mount kit provides the ultimate in strength & adjustability for mounting your oversized wheel & tire. Allowing you to mount upto 37" wheel & tire combos without any concerns.
- FOR THE SPARE: The HD wheel mount lifts the mounting position & incorporates depth & tilt adjustability for large diameter & wide tire options. Includes adjustable third brake light bracket. Compatible with OE and most aftermarket rear bumpers.
- CARRIER MOUNTS: Easily attach a spare tire & oversized wheel to the back of your jeep with our tire mounts that are easily adjustable while maintaining stability, especialy while off roading.
- RUGGED RIDGE JEEP PARTS: Count on Rugged Ridge to provide you with proven Jeep parts & accessories like bumpers, lift kits, wheels, interior accessories, floor liners & more for varying Jeep models
- FIVE YEAR WARRANTY: Our Rugged Ridge products are covered by industry leading 5 year warranty & Rugged Ridge Floor Liners have Limited Lifetime Warranties providing customers with repair or replacements subject to certain common exclusions.
- VERSATILE. This spare tire mount has slotted holes and a 24-inch height to fit a wide range of tire and wheel sizes (tire mounting hardware not included)
- STANDARD FIT. This trailer hitch spare tire mount is equipped with a standard 2-inch shank to fit any industry-standard 2-inch x 2-inch trailer hitch receiver (hitch pin sold separately)
- FRONT OR REAR. This trailer hitch accessory can be mounted on the front or rear of the vehicle, wherever a standard 2-inch receiver is properly installed
- SOLID STRENGTH. This receiver hitch spare tire mounting bracket is constructed from steel to provide dependable strength for miles to come.CURT hitches are welded using manual and robotic processes for speed and precision
- CORROSION-RESISTANT. For long-lasting protection against the elements, this trailer hitch wheel mount is shielded in a durable black powder coat finish
- The solution if you are running oversized tires on your 07+ Jeep Wrangler JK and need a full-size spare tire, but don’t want to run an aftermarket rear bumper with an integrated tire carrier
- Adjustable tire mount holds 37" maximum tire size (up to 135 lbs) while maintaining easy single action of opening and closing of the tailgate
- Strong monoblock aluminum construction and forged chrome mounting brackets (30% stronger than steel) eliminate tailgate sag
- No drilling required - you can maintain OE bumpers, if preferred
- Mounting points for brackets to mount trail jack. Mount (#2844) and Trail Jack (#2722) sold separately
- TYGER spare tire relocation kit can hold up to a 37inches spare tire.
- Heavy-duty steel structure with dual-stage powder coated textured black finish provides both strength and rust-resist.
- Can work with all aftermarket and factory bumpers. Comes with brackets for the third brake light if more clearance is required.
- Easy bolt-on installation. No drilling required. (DIY instruction included in the package)
- TYGER no-hassle 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects!
- FOLDING CONSTRUCTION is what makes our Hitch tire Carrier outstanding since you always have quick access to the truck tailgate when needed!
- ANY WHEEL size is compatible with this Spare Tire Mount since the height of the vertical bar is 24 inch
- FITS ANY VEHICLE with 2-inch receiver. Hitch tire carrier is easy to set up, we recommend to use hitch receiver pin lock for secure attachment
- CORROSION RESISTANCE: the tier mount is made of powder coated steel and will serve your needs for many years
- SLEEK AND STYLISH but ergonomic design of tire carrier keeps the exterior of your vehicle looking according to manufacturer standards
- FIT THE FOLLOWING VEHICLES - 2005-2009 for L-and R-over LR3, 2010-2013 for L-and R-over LR4, 2006-2013 for L-and R-over Range R-over Sport
- FUNCTIONS - The tool is mainly used to maintain spare tire when replacing new spare tyres. When you need to replace the spare tire on the truck, it will help you complete it quickly.
- ADVANTAGE - Made of heavy duty steel and lightweight aluminum, durable and portable and this tool kit is easy to use
- PACKAGE INCLUD - 1PC Spare Tire Carrier Hoist (LR064520)
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY - Provide 1 year warranty. Please confirm the fitment information or the tool set information before purchasing our item. Any question or probL-EM about this item, just contact us by email.
- Hooke Road Off Road Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier Kit fit Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK & Unlimited 2007-2018
- Heavy Duty 3/16" Steel and 2" X 0.120" Tubing; 2" Standard Hitch Receiver(Products have logo included)
- Can Accommodate Up to a 37" Tire; High Strength D-Ring Mounts w/ D-Rings Included
- Two Stage Textured Black Powder Coat Finish; Rock Crawler Rear Bumper (110 lbs) with Tire Carrier (48 lbs),don't open with door
- 2 Year Hooke Road Manufacturer's Warranty & Life time customer support
- Fits : Honda Pioneer 1000-5 (2016+) ✔️ 100% Fitment Guaranteed
- Tire Size : Accommodates Tires Of All Sizes (Up To 70 Pounds)
- Install : Easy To Install — No Drilling Or Welding Required — Comes With Full-Color Instructions And All Required Hardware
- Design : Mounts To The Rear Of Your Vehicle With Heavy-Duty Clamps ❗ Powdercoated For Maximum Durability
- Puprose : Swings Out To Allow Access To The Bed And Secures Closed With A Pin
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API