March 2, 2018 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 18V143000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V143
Potential Number of Units Affected 2,958
Keystone RV Company (Keystone) is recalling certain 2018 Keystone Passport, Summerland and Hideout, Dutchmen Aspen Trail and Coleman, and Crossroads Zinger recreational trailers. These vehicles are equipped with Norcold N306 mini refrigerators that may have a loose or missing propane gas valve test port screw.
Keystone will notify owners, and dealers will install and tighten the gas valve port screw, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on April 23, 2018. Owners may contact Keystone customer service at 1-866-425-4369. Keystone's number for this recall is 18-315.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Norcold N306 Gas Valve
Keystone RV Company is conducting a voluntary RECALL notification campaign in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. It has been decided that the vehicles in the recall population have a Norcold N306 refrigerator (mini refrigerator) with a gas valve test port screw that may be loose or missing. As a result, when using the Norcold mini refrigerator on “Gas” mode if the test port screw is loose or missing propane gas can leak from the gas valve. If propane gas leaks during use it can be ignited, leading to an increased risk of personal injury and/or property damage.
|Year||Make||Brand||Model||Serial Number Range|
|2018||Keystone||Hideout||175LHS, 177LHS, 178LHS,|
|JW248996 - JW250803|
|2018||Keystone||Passport||173RBRV||JW414140 - JW414227|
|2018||Keystone||Summerland||1750RD, 1800BH, 1700FQ, 1850FL||JW153558 - JW155322|
|2018||Dutchmen||Aspen Trail||1600RB, 1700BH, 1800RB,|
|JH922060 - JH923527|
|2018||Dutchmen||Coleman||18FQ, 17RD, 17FQ, 16FB||JH935273 - JH939219|
|2018||Crossroads||Zinger||18SS, 18RB, 18BH, 18RD||JS372065 - JS372364|
Parts Required (Only Required If Refrigerator Does Not Pass Inspection):
1 - KRV # 478277 - Gas Valve - N306RM8 - 635690 – Norcold
This Safety Advisory requires Photographs
Note – Check serial number on Key Express to verify the campaign is open. Some vehicles were repaired before they left Keystone.
When performing warranty or recall service, please make certain that appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used.
REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS FROM NORCOLD FOLLOW
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
«City», «State» «Zip»
This notice applies to your vehicle: «VIN»
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Keystone RV Company has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain model 2018 Keystone Hideout, Passport, Summerland Travel Trailers, 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail, Coleman Travel Trailers, and 2018 Crossroads Zinger Travel Trailers. As a result, Keystone RV is conducting a safety recall. We apologize for any inconvenience this action may cause you; however your safety and continued satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us.
|Reason for this recall||It has been decided It has been decided that the vehicles in the recall population have a Norcold N306 refrigerator (mini refrigerator) with a gas valve test port screw that may be loose or missing. When using the Norcold mini refrigerator on “Gas” mode if the test port screw is loose or missing propane gas can leak from the gas valve. If propane gas leaks during use it can be ignited, leading to an increased risk of personal injury and/or property damage.|
|What we will do||Keystone representatives have been in contact with the staff at your selling dealership regarding this situation. The remedy is remove the mounting screws from the front of the mini refrigerator and pull it out of the cabinet about 4 inches to expose the gas valve test port screw. Once the screw is exposed tighten it and reinstall the mini refrigerator. If the test port screw is missing one will need to be installed. The service and parts required for this corrective action will be provided at no charge to you.|
|What we need you to do||As soon as possible, please make an appointment to have your RV serviced by your dealership. The labor time to perform this correction is approximately 1 hour. Please ask your dealer if you wish to know how much additional time will be needed to schedule and process your RV for this repair.|
|If you have questions||Your dealer is best equipped to obtain parts and provide service to ensure your RV is corrected as promptly as possible. Please contact Keystone Customer service if your dealer is unable to assist or if you take your RV to your dealer on the agreed service date, and the dealer does not remedy the condition within a reasonable amount of time, or without charge to you. You may be eligible to receive reimbursement if you paid to have the defect resolved prior to receiving this correspondence.|
Keystone Customer Service is available toll-free at 1-866-425-4369.
If after contacting Keystone Customer Service you are still not satisfied we have done our best to remedy this situation, you may also submit a written complaint to: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590. You may call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153; or go to http://www.safercar.gov.) Federal regulations require that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation in this matter.
6 Affected Products
12 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-18V143-2339
Miscellaneous Document- Dealer EmailRMISC-18V143-7238
Miscellaneous Document- Letter Posted to Website
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1RCLRPT-18V143-3927
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)RCMN-18V143-2871
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Miscellaneous Document- Tweet NoticesRMISC-18V143-2380
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4RCLQRT-18V143-9182
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3RCLQRT-18V143-4527
Latest Recalls Documents
- 8.0 LBR
- 310326 332418 335648 333264
- COOKING POWER: Up to 10,000 total BTUs
- PRESSURE REGULATOR: Pressure control for consistent performance, even in extreme conditions
- PERFECTHEAT DESIGN: More efficient cooking with less fuel
- 1 ADJUSTABLE BURNER: For precise temperature control; fits an 8 inch pan
- WIND BAFFLES: Shield burner from wind for maximum heat
- 12 Propane Cylinders
- 16 oz per Cylinder
- This product is hazardous/flammable and not returnable
- Pre-filled propane cylinders with quality steel construction, a stable base and reliable valves provide safe and easy-to-use operation. Cylinders are a universal size and fit all standard portable propane appliances, tabletop grills and propane torches.
- Whole home indoor, gas powered tankless water heater, rated at 3.6 GPM that activates only when in use, making it an energy saver.
- For indoor installation with safe, efficient power ventilation and perfect for any small home, cabin or apartment.
- Easy to read digital temperature display, on a compact and space-saving design with minimal noise output.
- Safe electronic ignition system; plugs into standard 120v electrical outlet with UL-listed cord.
- Uses standard 1/2" NPT water fittings and is equipped with easy to use manual water temperature controls.Minimum 0.65 GPM flow rate
- DUAL FUNCTION CAMPING GEAR: Take the load off on your next outdoor adventure and use our portable Campy Gear 2-in-1 Heater & Stove! Cook meals during the day and stay warm at night with just the click of a button.
- FAST HEATING: With a max output up to 9,000 BTU and a unique 360° radiant heating design, our compact heater will keep you and your family warm during cold winter days/nights. Stay warm and enjoy the outdoors!
- PRECISE COOKING: The heater & stove is equipped with adjustable flame control to satisfy various cooking purposes and a sturdy stand that supports up to 12 inches pans and pots.
- CLEAN-BURNING: The Campy Gear 2-in-1 Heater & Stove is compatible with 110g & 230g butane / isobutane / propane fuel canisters that can be nested inside the stove, or to connect with the 1 lb propane cylinder for a longer usage by an extension hose or adapter.（To purchase extension hoses or adapter, please search B08KSYT2SW, B095S9LZZ1, B095S9TGXK, B095S9XP7Y.）
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Campy Gear offers you a 2-in-1 heater/stove that keeps you fueled and warm during backpacking, camping, ice fishing and hunting. We pride ourselves in quality products and proudly offer a 1-year warranty along with 24-hour world class customer service to ensure all your needs are met.
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) at 4000 BTU = 0.044 Gal/Hr, at 9000 BTU = 0.099 Gal/Hr
- Fold-down handle; swivel-out regulator; connects to propane tank (not included); Run Time (Hrs at Max BTU): 3 Hours
- THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
- Instastart ignition for matchless lighting; 7,650 total BTUs of cooking power
- Fits up to a 10-inch pan
- Lasts up to 1.25 hours on high on one 8.8 oz. butane gas cylinder (sold separately)
- Adjustable burner gives precise temperature control, and large base offers stability for easy stirring
- Durable porcelain-coated grate is easy to clean, and aluminum burner is rust-proof for years of use
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API