November 18, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V825000
If the stand breaks the motorcycle may unexpectedly fall over, increasing the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V825
Manufacturer Ducati North America
Potential Number of Units Affected 493
Ducati will notify owners, and dealers will replace the side stand, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 2, 2020. Owners may contact Ducati customer service at 1-888-391-5446. Ducati’s number for this recall is SRV-RCL-19-004.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
CR184 – Side Stand Replacement
Multistrada 1260 MY 2018 (All versions, Enduro Model Excluded)
Safety Recall Campaign SRV-RCL-19-004
|Date:||November 18, 2019|
|To:||Dealer Principal, General Manager, Service Manager, North American Dealer Network|
|From:||Richard Kenton, Technical Director Eric Bradley, Technical Training and Publications Manager|
Due to a defect in the manufacturing process of the supplier of the side stand, it is necessary to replace the side stand on a small production run of these specific motorcycles. The side stand could potentially fail at the weld that joins the tube of the stand itself with the forged upper joint, causing a possible fall of the motorcycle, and may result in damage or injury.
The exact list of the frame numbers subject to the CR184 is available on the DCS, in sections:
|VIN HISTORY||It is possible to search by individual frame number.|
|CAMPAIGNS||It is possible to search for all the frame numbers that you received from Ducati Motor Holding.|
All motorcycles in dealer stock (‘to be registered’ or ‘already registered’) and awaiting delivery to final customers must undergo this procedure during pre-delivery operations, before delivery to the final customer. All motorcycles already delivered to final customers must undergo this procedure at the next service appointment.
Part no.55610901AA required to carry out the upgrade under this Service Campaign must be ordered individually for each affected frame number.
Warranty Reimbursement Rules
Reimbursement for work associated with this Safety Recall Campaign will be made through the regular warranty claim procedure using the “VIN History” section of the DCS. The Warranty claim is prefilled and is defined as CR184.
You shall be reimbursed for the cost of the component required for the repairs (Side Stand part no.55610901AA), and 18 minutes (3 labor units) labor time that includes the time necessary for:
- Vehicle reception
- Replacement of the side stand
- Soft cleaning of the vehicle
Table of Contents
|Warranty Reimbursement Rules||2|
|Additional Requirements and Notes||8|
|Customer Letter Example||10|
The components to be used for this update are:
WARNING To ensure the correct execution of the operation within the provided labor time to carry out the updates, it is necessary to follow the sequence indicated in the following instructions
- Position the bike on the central stand (if installed) or on the rear stand
- Release the 2 return springs (1) of the side stand from the relevant supports
- Remove screw (2) that retains the side stand switch (3)
- Remove nut (5) and pin (4)25 that retains the side stand; then slide the side stand out
- Take the new side stand and apply Shell GADUS S2 V220AD2 grease to the mating surfaces as shown in the figure
- Apply Loctite 243 (or equivalent medium strength threat locking compound) to the threading and Shell GADUS S2 V220AD2 grease (or equivalent) to the underhead and cylindrical section of pin (4), as shown in the figure
- Fit the new side stand to the plate, aiming it as shown in the figure and secure it in place by starting pin (4)
- Tighten pin (4) to 24 Nm ± 10%
- Apply Loctite 243 (or equivalent medium strength threat locking compound) along the pin (4) threading
- Start nut (5) and, making sure that side stand is in “folded” position, tighten it to 18 Nm ± 10% while holding pin (4)
- Install switch (3) on the side stand as shown in the figure
- Tighten the retaining screw (2) to 5 Nm ± 10%
- Fit the 2 return springs (1) of the side stand in the relevant supports
- Check the torque at the 2 mounting bolts (8) for the side stand support bracket to 43 Nm ± 10%
- If bolts turn during torque check, remove both bolts 1 at a time, apply Loctite 243 (or equivalent medium strength threat locking compound), reinstall, and torque to 43 Nm ± 10%
- Check that the side stand moves freely
- Check the correct operation of the safety switch
For questions or information on this Safety Recall Campaign, please contact your Service Area Manager
Ducati North America, Inc. will mail a notification letter to all known owners. If a customer does not present this notification letter, it is important that you confirm the eligibility for recall status on the DCS before you commence work. Reimbursement requests for duplicate recall campaign repairs will not be accepted.
This program is designed to complete the necessary repairs and to achieve owner satisfaction. Therefore, we ask that you to take prompt and courteous action in accordance with these directives. Please provide a copy of this communication to every person in your dealership who has recall-related responsibilities. Please direct any questions or concerns to your Service Area Manager.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Service Department Ducati North America, Inc.
This notice applies to your vehicle: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
November 18, 2019
City, St, Zip Code
NHTSA Campaign I.D. Number: 19V-825
Transport Canada Safety Recall I.D. Number: 2019-XXX
Dealer Bulletin: SRV-RCL-19-004
Dear Ducati Owner,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. (For USA Owners). This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. (For Canadian Owners). Ducati Motor Holding S.P.A. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2018 Multistrada 1260, 1260S, and Pikes Peak motorcycles. Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Ducati motorcycle affected by this safety recall campaign. Please take the time to read this letter and help us take the appropriate steps to ensure that your vehicle is operating properly.
What is wrong?
Ongoing product quality tests have identified a defect due to the manufacturing process of the supplier of the side stand for a specific production run of these specific vehicles. The side stand could potentially fail at the weld that joins the tube of the stand itself with the forged upper joint, causing a possible fall of the motorcycle, and potentially resulting in damage and/or injury.
What will Ducati do?
An official Ducati dealer will replace the side stand of the affected motorcycle, free of charge. The repair will take approximately 18 minutes to complete. Service time will vary depending on dealer scheduling.
Please, contact your local Ducati Service center as soon as possible to make an appointment for the update. You may continue to use your motorcycle to reach your Ducati authorized dealer. Be careful to not apply excess load to the motorcycle while at rest on the side stand, such as applying unsupported rider weight and/or equipment.
Federal regulations require that any lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
Service Problem Help:
If you believe that your dealer has failed or is unable to remedy the defect without charge, or within a reasonable period of time, please contact Ducati North America Customer Care at 1 (888) 391-5446.
If you still cannot obtain satisfaction, you may file a complaint with:
For USA Customers:
For Canadian Customers:
Please contact Ducati customer service at 1-888-391-5446 or for additional information about the recall, you can contact Transport Canada at 1-800-333-0510.
TREAD ACT CUSTOMER REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
If you have paid for the repair described in the attached letter, and you would like to be considered for reimbursement, please contact your authorized Ducati dealer. Expenses from repair facilities outside of the authorized Ducati dealer network will be considered; however, the procedure must meet Ducati North America’s standards.
Your authorized Ducati retailer will request a copy of your owner notification letter, as well as, a copy of your previously paid invoice. They’ll inspect the vehicle, if still in your possession, prior to submitting a claim on your behalf to Ducati North America, Inc. for reimbursement.
We recommend that your authorized Ducati dealer be your primary contact on this issue. We anticipate that your authorized Ducati dealer will be able to answer any questions that you may have regarding your qualifications for reimbursement of a previous repair; additionally, our Customer Relations Dept. may be contacted at 888-391-5446 for any special assistance required.
We regret any inconvenience to you from this action; however, your safety and satisfaction are important to us.
Technical Director – Ducati North America
1 Affected Product
10 Associated Documents
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-19V825-1968
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-1RCLQRT-19V825-0581
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-2RCLQRT-19V825-1426
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 2RCLRPT-19V825-3167
Safety Bulletin – Side Stand Replacement Multistrada 1260 MY 2018 (All versions, Enduro Model Excluded)
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-19V825-8748
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 1RCLRPT-19V825-1202
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2020-3RCLQRT-19V825-2881
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- Versatile Compatibility: Our heavy-duty motorcycle kickstand is the perfect replacement for most motorcycles, including popular models like monkey Z50 Bike. Whether you have a dirtbike, motocycle, or any other type of motorcycle, our kickstand is designed to fit them all
- Enhanced Stability: Our kickstand features an enlarged bottom plate, which disperses pressure when parked, effectively safeguarding the floor from scratches. Additionally, the increased foot support on soil ground prevents the vehicle from collapsing or falling
- Unmatched Durability: Crafted from a premium metal alloy, our motorcycle side stand offers exceptional toughness and hardness. With a black paint coating, it is resistant to oxidation and rust, ensuring long-lasting durability even in harsh weather conditions
- Effortless Installation: Our motorcycle kickstand has been professionally engineered and processed for seamless installation. It comes with matching screws and springs, making the installation process quick and hassle-free
- The Perfect Upgrade: If you're looking for an ideal replacement or refurbishment for your motorcycle, look no further. Our meticulously manufactured motorcycle side stand provides stability and durability, ensuring a reliable and safe parking experience
- IMPORTANT : Measures level about 14" from bottom of swingarm mount bracket to ground.
- This is a HEAVY DUTY unit, well suited for OFF ROAD bikes.Heavy Duty Spring keeps stand in place when riding.
- Clamp measures approx 2-1/2" tall by 1-3/16 deep
- No drilling required.Attaches firmly and easily to the swingarm.
- Perfectly for CR125 CR250 CR500 KX125 KX250 KX500 which Measure level about 14" from bottom of swingarm mount bracket to ground.
- 【Fitment】: Motorcycle side foot is replacement for Apollo 125cc 110cc 140cc Dirt Pit Bike, replacement for CRF50 70.
- 【High Quality Material】: Motorcycle kickstand is made of high quality metal material, high strength, rustproof, rugged and durable.
- 【Professional Design】: Professional manufacturing, exquisite workmanship, stable performance and high reliability, have a long service time.
- 【Simple Installation】: Easy installation without extra adjustment, no drilling required, convenient for using, save your time and energy.
- 【Original Standard】: According to original standard, you can direct replace and fit, more practical and meet your daily needs.
- 【Non-slip Design】The bottom of the motorcycle stand is threaded for non-slip standing, which enhances the friction with the ground and strong grip, keep your motorbike at the right angle to ensure a safe standing positionr. Load-bearing weight up to 500KG, more safe and convenient.
- 【Adjustment Design】The adjustable bracket allows you to shorten the kickstand while lowering your vehicle without having to worry about replacing stock support
- 【Durable】CNC aluminum alloy motorcycle side bracket made of high quality aluminum, anodized, not easy to rust, wear, high strength, corrosion resistance, durable
- 【Easy Installation】Motorcycle foot side brackets are equipped with mounting screws for easy installation and can be used to replace old or damaged ones
- 【Compatibility】This motorcycle stand is suitable for most motorcycles, with strong compatibility and wide application range. This kickstand makes your motorcycle convenient to parking
- » 16cm Universal Motorcycle Kickstand Foot Side Stand Support For ATV Pit Dirt Bikes Off-road Vehicles Scooter E-Bike
- » Keeps your motorbike ang correctly For a safe standing position.
- » Increase the friction to keep the motorbike standing still on the ground especially when it is fully loaded.
- » Simple practical design, wear-resisting, stable stand and durable to use
- » Anodizing, not easy to fade and will not rust.
- Made of high-quality CNC aluminum alloy material, with anodized surface treatment to prevent oxidation, rust, and corrosion, suitable for long-term use.
- By transferring the load of the support to a larger area, increasing the contact area between the support and the ground, increasing friction, and making motorcycle parking more stable.
- Decorate your motorcycle with this product to make it look more beautiful and personalized.
- Easy to install without any instructions, the raised edge of the center section can easily guide your bracket to the optimal position, and the installation process can be completed by tightening the screws.
- If you have any questions or dissatisfaction with the product, you can contact our customer service at any time, and we will promptly address the issue to customer satisfaction.
- 100% Brand new and high quality
- Material: Billet Aluminum,CNC Machined
- Color: black,come as the picture shown.
- Easy to install,installation instructions not included.
- Fitment: 2003-2014 CBR 600RR 2004-2007 CBR 1000RR
- ANTI-SLIP: Antislip design of the motorcycle kickstand can effectively prevent sliding and is stable and reliable in use.With thickening and hardening treatment, triangular stable structure, ensuring stable parking.
- DURABLE AND STURDY: Made of premium stainless steel material, rustproof, sturdy, durable, and has long service life,not easy to rust, wear, high strength, resistance, durable.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Motorcycle foot side bracket is equipped with mounting screw for easy installation and can be used to replace old or damaged ones.
- SUIT FOR: Motorcycle tripod holder, fine workmanship, exquisite style, suitable for motorcycles, and a wide range of uses.
- EXQUISITE APPEARANCE:Exquisite appearance, full of uniqueness and personality, suitable for motorcycle modification.
- Advantages: The adopts anodic oxidation coloring technology, which effectively improves wear resistance and hardness and the metal .
- Function: The extender stand provides a larger area for your original stand to help you park your motorcycle on hot pavement, grass and prevent the stand from sinking into sand, gravel, snow and other soft surfaces.
- High Strength: This foot side stand is made of aluminum alloy, which is not easy to break, not easy to deform, sturdy and durable and has a long service life.
- Beautiful Decoration: Provide high fashion decoration style for your motorcycle, change the ordinary design and add unique color to make your motorcycle more beautiful.
- Advantages: The extender stand helps avoid wear marks on the tiles from the motorcycle's side stand and is a great tool for parking on soft outdoor surfaces.
- Fitment: Fit for CRF250L 2012-2020
- Material: Q235 Iron, Powder Coating Surface Finish, Much Stronger then Alloy One
- Lowered Size: It can go from Stock to Height to Approximately 2" (5.08 cm) Lower. It is absolutely a Must-Have if you Lowered Your Bike
- Placement on Vehicle: Left
- Kickstand Design: Kickstand has Larger Plates at the End to Avoid Sinking into the Soft Sand or Ground when You Parking.
Last update on 2023-11-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.