October 30, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V779000
An unstable aerial device may suddenly collapse, increasing the risk of injury or death.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V779
Manufacturer Altec Industries Inc.
Potential Number of Units Affected 15
Altec Industries Inc. (Altec) is recalling certain 2018-2019 AT200A, AT235, AT235P, AT37-G, AT40-G and AT248F Aerial Devices. The aerial devices have not been stability tested in accordance with ANSI A92.2.
Altec will notify owners, instructing them to perform a stability test. The recall began December 16, 2019. Owners may contact Altec customer service at 1-877-462-5832.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice applies to your vehicle. See attached serial number list
NHTSA Safety Recall No. 19V-799
December 9, 2019
Dear Altec Owner,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act, and Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Altec Industries, Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain units that may not have been stability tested in accordance with ANSI A92.2. The units may become unstable in certain working positions, increasing the risk of death or serious injury to the worker or those nearby.
Refer to CSN 741 for the items covered under the warranty policy. Altec will supply, free of charge, a wiring kit to correct this condition.
In order to determine if your unit is affected by CSN 741, compare the serial number of your unit with the list of affected units attached to the CSN/MAB. The repair can be performed by the customer or you may contact Altec at 1-877-GO-ALTEC (1-877-462-5832) for further assistance. The repair is expected to take 8 hours to complete.
At any time, you may contact Altec at 1-877 GO ALTEC (1-877-462-5832) with your unit’s serial number to determine if there are any other outstanding notices.
For US owners: after contacting Altec, if you are still not able to have the safety condition remedied without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a complaint to: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20590 or call toll-free 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153) or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
For Canadian Owners: if you are still not able to have the safety condition remedied by your dealer within a reasonable time, please contact Altec Customer Service at 1-877-GO-ALTEC (1-877-462-5832).
If you had this repair performed before you received this letter, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall. If you have sold or retired the unit please call Altec at 1-877-GO-ALTEC (1-877-462-5832) so the records may be changed.
If you have leased this equipment to another person or company, you are required by Federal Law to forward a copy of this notice to the lessee by first class mail within ten (10) days of the receipt of this notice.
We are sorry to cause this inconvenience; however, we are taking this action in the interest of your safety and continued satisfaction with Altec products.
Thank you for your immediate attention on this important matter.
Altec Industries, Inc.
Customer Service Notice
December 9, 2019
Units Affected: Certain AT200A, AT235, AT235P, AT248F, AT37G, and AT40G units stability tested in July and August 2019
Unit Stability Testing
Altec is committed to providing our customers with safe and reliable products from initial delivery throughout the useful life of the unit.
Altec has discovered that some aerial devices were not properly stability tested in accordance with ANSI A92.2-2015 after they were manufactured. Because of this, the unit may become unstable during operation. Death or serious injury can result from instability.
Altec requires stability testing to be performed on each unit no later than 30 days after the receipt of this CSN.
This testing is covered under the Altec Warranty Policy and will be performed by Altec technicians. Altec will contact each customer to arrange for the testing and any further work required from the results of the testing.
2 Affected Products
7 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-1
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-2
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2020-3
Latest Recalls Documents
- WE DON'T CUT CORNERS ON SAFETY: The KwikSafety HURRICANE is a durable, heavy duty, high performance Full Body Harness that meets and exceeds ANSI/ASSE Z359.11-2014 standards. Our safety harness fall protection is the complete safety package. Be seen and safe with the fluorescent yellow synthetic material. Use with any compatible fall protection safety lanyard, energy absorbers, lifelines, and anchorage lanyards. Safely perform the job knowing the HURRICANE fall protection harness has your back!
- HEAVY DUTY D-RINGS: Our fall arrest harness is fully equipped with two side (2) D Rings and (1) Dorsal Ring suitable for primary fall arrest attachment, travel restraint, and rescue. The construction harness has load bearing straps, made from pure, non-recycled synthetic material that is water repellant, has superior stitching, and resistant against ageing, heat, and abrasion. Ensure a safe and proper fit with three (4) pass-through buckles located on the hips, chest and legs of the harness.
- PROPER FIT, PROPER PERFORMANCE: Regardless if its a mens or womens harness, correct fit is essential for proper performance. Our adjustable KwikSafety HURRICANE full body harness supports users within the capacity range of 130 to 310 pounds (59 to 140 kg), 4’10” to 6’6” (147 to 198 centimeters) due to the adjustment points. To ensure your harnesses properly fit, see that all buckles are connected, leg and shoulder straps are snug, and chest straps are in the center of the chest area.
- WE MET THE STANDARD, THEN ROSE ABOVE IT: ANSI/ ASSE Z359.11-2014 - All of KwikSafety’s full-body harnesses have undergone the “Qualification and Verification Testing of Fall Protection Products.” The HURRICANE exceeds the already-rigorous ANSI testing standards and is heavy-duty, high-performance fall protection you can trust to have your back. Working at heights 6 ft or more? Equip yourself with the proper fall arrest system. View the Compliance Label/ Safety Label for more information.
- OSHA APPROVED: The Occupational Safety & Health Administration assures men and women safe and healthful working conditions by setting standards and providing training, outreach, education, and assistance. A personal fall arrest system is required when working 6ft. or more above lower levels. The HURRICANE safety fall protection harness is ideal for a roofer, ironworker, construction work, arborist work, high-rise window cleaning, gutter cleaning, roofing and thatching, and Search and Rescue.
- 💕FABRIC TAPE &MEDICAL GRADE MATERIAL：Made of 100% Professional grade cloth and medical grade glue.Thin design makes it suit for backless/strapless dresses, t-shirts, wedding gowns, sports bras, & swimsuits.Give you a natural, more youthful appearance，Flesh TAN color, very thin so it isn't easy to detect and It has a strong adhesion and does not fall off easily like gaffer tape. attached to the body like second skin.
- 💕MULTI-FUNCTIONAL TAPE& WATERPROOF：It can be attached to your feet and protects your feet from being broken by shoes. Elastic cloth sports tape, you can fix your muscle tissue during exercise and will not be easily pulled.And it's waterproof，When you are wet with it, it will not fall off easily and For swimsuits.
- 💕SIZE：Designed for large size breasts, it is suitable for E cups and E cups+ Size.（Enough length and width can make you more convenient to use.） does not irritate skin, Excellent quality safe Professional grade adhesive adheres to both skin and fabric.
- 💕DIY BREAST JOB! : You can use the length and width of the tape according to your needs.Help you lift your BREAST,If you are larger than or equal to the size of the d cup, you can apply it multiple times from the side and below to lift your BREAST.It can really stick to the skin firmly.Better than gaffer tape.
- 💕SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK : Email us or leave questions on our product page, We will be happy to asist you.(SATISFACCIÓN O DINERO ATRÁS)
- Part number:111415
- Application: for Genie Straight Booms Lifts S-40
- Jaye Garnett (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 12 Pages - 04/09/2018 (Publication Date) - Cottage Door Press (Publisher)
- Part number:111415
- Application: for Genie Articulating Booms Lifts Z-45
- GREAT FOR LIFTING HEAVY LOADS: Dont strain and tax your equipment trying to lift heavy loads. Instead, use this crane attachment by Titan. Its designed to take stress off your machinery by supporting an impressive weight capacity of up to 6000 lbs. Pick up hefty materials using this powerful piece of equipment.
- MADE FOR SKID STEERS & FORKLIFTS: This attachment is specifically designed for skid steers and forklifts. With a doublefork design, it fits most pallet forks, making it easy to convert your equipment into a mobile crane. Thanks to this attachment, you can transform your skid steer or forklift into an industrial lifting machine!
- EASY TO INSTALL: Converting your forklift into a crane is incredibly easy. Simply slide the hoisting hook over your pallet forks through the fork pockets. Then, clamp them down with the thumbscrews. This ensures greater stability and safety. Finally, attach the hook to your payload. Your skid steer is now ready to lift those heavy loads.
- STRONG STURDY MATERIAL: At Titan Attachments, our implements and parts are made from highquality material to give you the best service possible. This crane attachment is no exception! Its made from heavyduty steel, making it a durable piece of hardware. It could handle professional construction and industrial jobs with ease.
- DIMENSIONS: Our crane measures at 84" in length and can telescope to 138". The hooks position from 30" to 138". This attachment has an overall width of 26". It weighs approximately 544 lbs. The inside fork pocket measures at 6.75" x 2.25". The hook is 8" x 3" - 4". The distance between the forks is 18" from center to center. This attachment has a steel thickness of 0.5".
- FALL PROTECTION GUARDIAN : The KwikSafety SCORPION is a durable, heavy duty, high performance Full Body Harness that meets and exceeds ANSI/ASSE Z359.11-2014 standards. Our harness fall protection is the complete support package because the SCORPION includes a fall protection safety lanyard! The harness is also compatible with other lanyards with shock absorbers, roof lifelines, and anchorage tether lanyards. Safely perform the job knowing the SCORPION fall protection harness has your back!
- HEAVY DUTY D-RING: One back dorsal ring is all it takes to provide functionality on the construction job. The dorsal ring is used for fall arrest & can be used for travel restraint or rescue. The pass-through buckles on our universal harness are made out of synthetic material that is superior to polyester. For some jobs, more fall prevention accessories may be necessary. If an anchor point is needed, like a roofers anchor point or scaffold cross arm strap, we have kits and combos available!
- PROPER FIT, PROPER PERFORMANCE: Regardless if its a mens or womens harness, correct fit is essential for proper performance. Our large adjustable KwikSafety SCORPION full body harness supports users within the capacity range of 130 to 310 pounds (59 to 140 kg), 4’10” to 6’6” (147 to 198 centimeters) due to the adjustment points. To ensure your harnesses properly fit, see that all buckles are connected, leg and shoulder straps are snug, and chest straps are in the center of the chest area.
- WE MET THE STANDARD, THEN ROSE ABOVE IT: ANSI/ ASSE Z359.11-2014: All of our KwikSafety Full Body Harnesses have undergone the "Qualification and Verification Testing of Fall Protection Products". This testing specifies requirements which include the number of specimens to be tested, test equipment to be used, the accreditation of the testing lab and the duties and responsibilities of both the manufacturer and the testing lab. View the Compliance Label/ Safety Label for more information.
- OSHA APPROVED: The Occupational Safety & Health Administration assures men and women safe and healthful working conditions by setting standards and providing training, outreach, education, and assistance. A personal fall arrest system is required when working 6ft. or more above lower levels. The SCORPION fall protection harness is ideal for a roofer, ironworker, construction work, arborist work, high-rise painters, window cleaning, gutter cleaning, roofing and thatching, and Search and Rescue.
- 🧰 WORK SAFELY - Palmer Safety Harnesses are designed and tested to comply with applicable OSHA and ANSI standards for fall protection equipment. When used as a component in a personal fall arrest system, or a personal restraint system, the Palmer Safety harnesses provide workers with the full body harness system
- 🧰 ADJUST WITH EASE - The fall protection body harness has 5 easily accessible adjustment points to ensure a comfortable fit a wide range of body types properly and safely. The dorsal D-ring for fall arrest, hip D-rings, heavy duty back support/positioning pad with removable tool belt, tongue buckle leg straps. Quick connect chest. Palmer Safety Full Body Safety Harness are designed for use by person with a combined Weight (clothing, tools, etc.) of 170 – 300 lbs.
- 🧰 RELIABLY DURABLE - We provide fall protection gear that is built to last and can keep you out of harm’s way. The body harness is build with these physical parameters: Webbing: Polyester, Width: 1.73 in, Breaking Strength: 5000 lbs., Stitching Thread: High-tenacity polyester | Metal Component: Alloy Steel, Finish: Silver or Golden Yellow Galvanized | Weight: 7.28 lbs.
- 🧰 COMPLIANT WITH SAFETY STANDARDS - We take working environment safety very seriously. That’s why our fall protection fall arrest harness complies with OSHA standards as well as meet in some cases exceed ANSI/ASSE Z359.11-2014. A10.32-2012 fall protection requirements. It’s a must-have for safe and fully-compliant work operations in Ports, Highways, Government buildings, Military Installations, Residential & Commercial Construction, Roofing.
- 🧰 WHY PLANK SUPPLY – We provides our customers with the tools and materials needed to complete their project safely and affordably. We focus on servicing the industrial and residential contractors to the weekend DIY warrior with our brand ATERET in rope, personal protective equipment and fall protection. Customer service and satisfaction is the key to our success by quickly delivering great products at affordable prices
- 🔸Certified with Both OSHA and ANSI: The Warthog Comfort MAXX body harness is OSHA and ANSI compliant. The compliancy guidelines met include: ANSI Z359.11-2014, ANSI A10.32-12, OSHA 1926 Subpart M, OSHA 1910. Safety is the number one priority with the Warthog MAXX and makes a perfect addition to your roofing harness safety kit!
- 🔸Comfort with Functionality: Our full body safety harness provides maximum comfort with, full shoulder, back, waist and leg padding. Includes a removable waist belt that is not sewn into the harness. This allows for full movement while still being attached in case of a fall. Our safety harness fits a weight range of 130-310lbs per ANSI Capacity Range. The reinforced quick connect leg straps and chest harness with side D-Rings helps make this the best work fall harness on the market.
- 🔸Perfect for Construction & Roof Work: This full body construction harness is the perfect roofing harness specifically designed with premier fall arrest gear to meet OSHA and ANSI guidelines. We offer unmatched safety harness fall protection and you can feel confident with features such as the alloy steel side D-Rings, break away lanyard keepers and quick connect chest buckle. You will not find more perfect fall arrest system gear anywhere!
- 🔸Strong & Durable Material: Our fall protection harness is made from a durable reinforced polyester webbing material. It boasts a flexible, comfortable and removable support waist belt and includes a fall indicator. The waist belt offers additional padding for comfort and support. The Warthog Comfort MAXX provides side D-Rings and buckles that are made from steel for premium strength and performance. You can feel confident that the Warthog Comfort MAXX will stand the test of time.
- 🔸Guaranteed for Peace of Mind: We are so confident that the Warthog Comfort MAXX is one of the best on the market that we extend a Limited Lifetime Warranty on each purchase. Whether you are using your new Warthog Maxx as a construction harness or as landscaping safety equipment, rest assured that you have made the right choice.
- Built-in shoulder, back and leg comfort padding
- Back D-ring
- Quick connect chest and leg straps
- Soft, lightweight webbing
- Back D-ring, belt with pad and side D-rings, quick connect buckle leg straps, built-in comfort padding (size Medium)
Last update on 2022-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.