October 11, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V728000
A tie rod separation can cause a loss of steering and increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V728
Manufacturer Arcimoto Inc
Potential Number of Units Affected 10
Arcimoto, Inc. (Arcimoto) is recalling certain Arcimoto FUV motorcycles. There may be insufficient thread engagement between the inner and outer tie rods, possibly resulting in the separation of the tie rod assembly.
Arcimoto is still finalizing a remedy to better secure the tie rods, free of charge. Owners may contact Arcimoto customer service at 1-541-683-6293.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
1 Affected Product
2 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
- Includes 12 Sizes of Crowfoot Style Adapters: 1-3/16", 1-1/4", 1-5/16", 1-3/8", 1-7/16", 1-1/2" and 29 mm, 32. 5 mm, 33. 6 mm, 38. 4 mm, 40 mm, 42 mm
- Crowfoot Adapters are Nickel Plated for Durability
- Tube Handle Inner Diameter is 2. 125 In. to Service Small Cars, Pick-ups and Large SUVs
- 1/2 In. Drive Tube Handle Makes it Easy to Remove and Re-install to Proper Torque
- Comes in a Blow Mold Case
- 【 Quick Removal and Installation 】 Remove and install the inner tie rods without taking steering gear, rack and pinion apart. The tie rod removal tool goes into inaccessible inner side to help you replace the inner tie rod easily.
- 【 Wide Application 】 This tool set can be used on most Chrysler, Ford and GM vehicles. Check the size of your inner tie rod before purchasing.
- 【 Heavy Duty Kit 】 Durable steel construction tool kit. Painted chrome vanadium steel for long lasting quality. The handy and portable toolbox enable the maintenance work be done anywhere.
- 【 Money and Time Saving 】 With EWK inner tie rod remover, you can enjoy being a DIYer. You don’t have to go to a car repair shop and spend hundred or thousand bucks.
- 【 Tips You Wanna Know 】 Before torquing anything down please make sure you follow all of the torque specification for your vehicle. It is very important to replace your tie rods regularly to guarantee driving safety.
- Everything you need for a fast & effective separation pull removal of stubborn ball joint, front tie rod ends and pitman arm on most domestic and imported models. PERFECT FOR: most compact cars, mid-size cars and light pickup trucks. PROBABLY UNFIT: most full-size cars, mid-size and full-size pickup trucks.
- You will get 1x Ball Joint Separator, 1x Tie Rod and Ball Joint Remover, 1x Conical Pitman Arm Puller, 1x Pitman Arm and Tie Rod End Puller, 1x Pitman Arm Puller, 1x well-organized ABS case. Made of heat-treated alloy steel, with great strength and durability, all tools were packed in a convenient ABS carrying case for easy storage and transportation.
- Pitman Arm and Tie Rod End Puller: the versatile design allows this tool to be used as a pitman arm remover for many small, domestic rear wheel drive vehicles, or as a tie rod end puller for many domestic and import vehicles _____ Pitman Arm Puller: this puller will handle nearly any pitman arm job on passenger cars and light trucks. It features special forged jaws shaped to fit the job, ensuring a positive grip every time.
- Conical Pitman Arm Puller: designed to fit Pitman arms on domestic cars and light-duty trucks. _____ Ball Joint Separator: for separating the ball joint from the spindle support arm on domestic and import front wheel drive vehicles adjustable for different size ball joints, 1-1/8" & 2-1/8" (30 & 56mm) maximum opening capacity.
- Tie Rod and Ball Joint Remover: a universal heavy-duty puller that removes a wide range of tie rods and ball joints from a variety of cars, trucks, SUVs and heavy-duty vehicles.
- MAKE TIE ROD ADJUSTMENTS: The ABN | Master Inner Tie Rod Tool Removal 4-Piece Kit is an inner tie rod remover set that allows you to save time by making adjustments without removing the rack and pinion to access hard-to-reach tie rods; For the most operational stability and security, dismantle and replace your tie rods with this tie rod end removal tool kit; For steering repairs and front-end work where access is limited
- FITS YOUR VEHICLE: Fits rounded tie rods for rack and pinion steering on most Chrysler, Ford, and GM vehicles; 1-3/16-inch adapter compatible with Ford front-wheel drive (FWD) vehicles with new style tie rods; 1-5/16-inch adapter compatible with Ford rear-wheel drive (RWD) and most Chrysler vehicles with racks and pinion power steering with new style tie rods; 1-7/16-inch adapter compatible with GM and Chrysler cars with saginaw in steering gear
- BUILT TO LAST: Tie rod remover tool has a 1/2-inch square drive to work with your existing 1/2-inch drive wrench (not for power tools); Constructed from black coated steel for maximum strength and longevity
- EASY STORAGE: Heavy-duty 16.75” x 2.25” x 7.5” inch (42.5cm x 5.7cm x 19.1cm) plastic blow-molded carrying case with 2 latches and built-in handle for easy transportation, safe storage, and quick organization
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: Tie rod end removal tool set includes (1) dual socket rapid slide collar inner tie rod tool (1‐3/16-inch and 1‐5/16-inch hex), (3) adaptors (1‐3/16, 1‐5/1, 1‐7/16 inch adapters with 1‐5/16 inch hex), and (1) carrying case for your convenience
- The inner tie rod can be easily removed and installed, works on inner tie rods with inaccessible wrench flats
- 1/2 in. Drive tube handle, fits many applications on cars and light trucks
- Made of solid 45# steel, durable heavy duty.
- This kit features a quick slide collar to secure the crow's feet.
- Crowsfeet sizes: 29mm, 1-3/16inches, 1-1/4inches, 32.5mm, 1-5/16inches, 33.6mm, 1-3/8inches, 1-7/16inches, and 1-1/2inches.
- Practical: Use the ABN Ball Joint, Tie Rod, and Pitman Arm 5-Piece Tool Kit to separate pitman arms, tie rods, and ball joints on your vehicle
- Versatile: This is a complete coverage set featuring 5 different SAE standard pieces that are universal for cars and light trucks; All forks are threaded to be interchangeable with either handle
- Durable: Constructed from chrome vanadium steel for strength and longevity
- Easy Storage: Comes in a heavy-duty blow-molded plastic carry case for portability and organization
- Contents: Package includes (1) tie rod spreader with 11/16” (17.5mm) wedge opening, (1) ball joint separator with 15/16” (23.8mm) jaw opening, (1) pitman arm wedge with 1-1/8” (28.6mm) opening, (1) 7-3/4" (196.9mm) Kunrled striking handle for use with conventional hammers, (1) 6-3/4" (171.5mm) adapter handle for use with air hammer, and (1) 10-1/2” x 7-1/2” x 2” (266.7mm x 190.5mm x 50.8mm) carrying case
- MAKE SIMPLE AND QUICK ADJUSTMENTS: Use the ABN Tie Rod Removal Tool Inner Tie Rod Puller Tool to save time by adjusting those hard-to-reach tie rods without removing the rack and pinion; Designed for steering repairs and front-end work where access is limited, this tie rods removal tool works with your hand wrench or rounded socket ends (not included); Not designed for use with power tools
- FITS YOUR VEHICLE: Compatible with most Chrysler, Ford, and GM along with any vehicle tie rods that correspond to the included crowfeet sizes; Measure the inner tie rod rack end tool point (width of base above thread on new tie rod end) and compare to open jaw driver size options in your kit; Not for Saginaw type rack and pinion assemblies
- EASILY REMOVE AND ADJUST YOUR INNER TIE RODS: Fit one of the open-jaw driver pieces over the inner tie rod then slip the 20-inch (50.8 cm) long tie rod tool removal sleeve over the tie rod and connect it to the crowfoot; Take your time fitting the rack end removal tool tie rod kit on properly then use a 1/2-inch breaker bar to loosen or torque down
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Heavy-duty 3.5 x 7 x 21.5-inch (8.9 x 17.8 x 54.6 cm) plastic blow-molded storage case for easy transportation, safe storage, and quick organization; Take these automotive tools tie rod removal tool kit with you anywhere
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: Inner tie rod removal kit includes a rapid slide collar, (7) crowfeet hex clip tools (SAE - 1-3/16”, 1-1/4”, 1-5/16”, 1-7/16; Metric – 14mm, 17mm, 33.6mm), and a carrying case for your convenience; Use on a level surface with sturdy jack stands, a functional E-brake, rear chocks (4 are safer than 2), and hand gloves
- Utilizes five crows feet to engage the wrench flats
- Inner tie rod can be removed and installed without removing the rack
- Works on rounded sockets ends that prevent access to the wrench flats
- Utilizes six cros feet sizes 1-1/2" 1-3/16" 1-5/16" 1-7/16" and 33.6mm
- Includes 1-1/2in crowfoot for use on Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon
Last update on 2020-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API