NHTSA ID Number: 10161756
Manufacturer Communication Number: 19-011
1 Affected Product
Various Jayco White Hawks
SRP 19-011 – Front Light Switch May 2019 Page 1 of 7
Front Docking Light Switch
Front docking light switch on trailer sticks and rubber boot may be melted. Replace switch.
Various Jayco White Hawks
1 – Exterior Light Switch with square mounting hole (#0700300)
4 – Screw - pan quad #8 x 1”
** If affected unit has warranty remaining, submit your claim following the normal process.
Screw #8 x 1 inch
SRP 19-011 – Front Light Switch May 2019 Page 2 of 7
Misc. Tools &
Screw gun w/#2 square drive bit
Air saw with metal cutting blade
Putty stick tool & putty knife
Hammer and a tapered punch
Tape measure & tape
Gloves – Nitrile (not Latex)
S-solvent blend (S-1693)
Isopropyl alcohol & clean rags
4 x 6” cardboard template with rectangular hole in center measuring 1-7/8” Long X 1-1/8 Wide
Tube Sealant - Geocel 2300 black (or equivalent)
Disconnect power from the trailer before repairing.
Switch is located on the front diamond plate (arrow).
Close up of the switch that must be replaced.
4 x 6” cardboard template with rectangular hole in center measuring 1-7/8” Long X 1-1/8” Wide
FIG 2 FIG 2FIG 2
FIG 1 FIG 1FIG 1
Geocel 2300 black (0402835)
SRP 19-011 – Front Light Switch May 2019 Page 3 of 7
Remove the two screws from the switch
Use the putty knife to GENTLY pry the switch bezel from the diamond plate.
Putty tape is holding the bezel to the diamond plate.
Use the putty stick tool to GENTLY scrape away any excess putty tape.
Make sure you push the tool in the direction of the hole, to prevent putting a dent or scratch in the diamond plate which may be visible after the new switch is installed.
Wear safety glasses and Nitrile gloves (not Latex) as the S-1693 solvent will destroy the Latex gloves.
This solvent is very harmful to the skin.
FIG 3 FIG 3FIG 3
FIG 4 FIG 4FIG 4
FIG 5 FIG 5FIG 5
FIG 6 FIG 6FIG 6
SRP 19-011 – Front Light Switch May 2019 Page 4 of 7
Use a clean rag with the S-1693 solvent to clean all around the switch location.
Then clean the area again with isopropyl alcohol and a clean rag to remove traces of the solvent.
Unplug the wires from the old switch and tuck the wires into the hole.
Apply tape around the hole as shown. Apply enough tape that the template will fit on it.
Measure down 1-1/2” from the top of the diamond plate to the top of the cardboard template.
FIG 7 FIG 7FIG 7
FIG 8 FIG 8FIG 8
FIG 9 FIG 9FIG 9
FIG 10 FIG 10FIG 10FIG 10
1-1/2” 1/2” 1/2” 1/2”
SRP 19-011 – Front Light Switch May 2019 Page 5 of 7
Trace the rectangular hole in the center of the template onto the tape as shown.
The rectangular hole is closer to the top of the existing hole than the bottom.
Use the air saw with a metal cutting blade and CAREFULLY enlarge the hole to the size of the rectangular hole drawn on the tape.
DO NOT PULL THE SAW TOO FAR OUT OF THE HOLE while cutting or the blade could easily jump and cut or gouge the diamond plate under the tape or next to the taped area.
Make sure you move the wires out of the way as you enlarge the hole. DO NOT CUT THE WIRES!
There is a plywood backer that will need to be cut out also deeper in the hole.
FIG 11 FIG 11FIG 11FIG 11
FIG 12 FIG 12FIG 12FIG 12
Top of the Top of the Top of the Top of the Top of the Top of the Top of the existing holeexisting hole existing hole existing holeexisting holeexisting hole existing holeexisting hole
FIG 13 FIG 13FIG 13FIG 13
Plywood Plywood Plywood Plywood Plywood Plywood Plywood backerbackerbackerbacker backer
FIG 14 FIG 14FIG 14FIG 14
SRP 19-011 – Front Light Switch May 2019 Page 6 of 7
This is the switch hole completely cut out.
Test fit the new switch to make sure it fits correctly in the hole. Trim further if necessary.
Remove all the tape, pull the wires out of the hole and plug the wires onto the new switch.
It makes no difference which wire goes to which terminal.
Use a hammer and the tapered punch and tap the screw holes from the previous switch to push them in.
Holes should be pushed in so that the new switch will fit flush to the diamond plate.
Apply Geocel sealant in both the old screw holes.
FIG 15 FIG 15FIG 15FIG 15
FIG 16 FIG 16FIG 16FIG 16
FIG 17 FIG 17FIG 17FIG 17
FIG 18 FIG 18FIG 18FIG 18
SRP 19-011 – Front Light Switch May 2019 Page 7 of 7
Apply Geocel sealant around the back of the switch gasket and over each screw hole (4).
Install the switch with the closed end at the top (to guard against water intrusion).
Make sure the switch is lined up square and install the 4 screws.
Use the putty stick tool to clean up excess around the switch.
Clean with the isopropyl alcohol and clean rag.
TEST THE SWITCH:
Turn power back on to the trailer.
Flip the switch and the front cap docking lights (2) should light.
Flip the switch again and they should go out.
Jayco’s sole obligation under our limited warranty is to repair or replace defective materials and/or workmanship deemed our responsibility as determined by Jayco in our sole discretion. Jayco reserves the right to use new and/or remanufactured parts or materials of similar quality to complete any work, and to make parts and/or design changes as appropriate without notice to anyone. Jayco designs and/or materials changes are done without obligation to incorporate such changes in previously manufactured product. Jayco makes every reasonable effort to ensure field remedies will not adversely affect performance and/or safety of the unit. This field remedy is not intended to extend to future performance of this RV, or any of its materials, components or parts beyond the standard warranty period. The RV owner’s obligation to notify Jayco, or one of its independent, authorized dealers, of a claimed defect does not modify any obligation placed on the RV owner to contact Jayco directly when attempting to pursue remedies under state or federal law. Jan. 2019.
903 South Main Street • P.O. Box 460 • Middlebury, IN 46540
FIG 19 FIG 19FIG 19FIG 19
FIG 20 FIG 20FIG 20FIG 20
Closed end Closed end Closed end Closed end Closed end Closed end Closed end Closed end Closed end UP
SRP 19-011 – Front Light Switch
- Connector type: SPST, 2 terminal pin on/off. Power: 15A 250VAC/20A 125VAC
- Material: plastic and metal. Solid connection switch with waterproof rubber cap, more convenient to operate. Delicate appearance with strong Construction. Look chic and high-end on your equipment
- Mechanical life: more than 50.000 cycles. Electrical life: more than 10, 000 cycles
- Easy to install: Mounting hole diameter: O12mm. Each of the terminals has a machine screw for quick connections, but also easy to be soldered
- Package include: 5Pcs toggle switch, 5Pcs waterproof boot cap
- Perfect for Automotive, Motorcycle, ATV, or UTV electrical applications like lighting and accessories, this Push On, Push Off SPST switch also works great for most DC electrical projects
- Waterproof Push Button Switch with Black Rubber Boot features 18 AWG 4.50 inch wire leads with 0.25 inch stripped end lengths
- Constructed with high quality copper switch contacts and is rated for up to a 10 amp usage
- Designed to mount in a 3/8 inch hole, allowing for a clean, professional look
- Ideal for adding lights on a separate circuit from your stock lights, adding LED lighting, auxiliary spotlights, or switching a relay in higher power applications
- Mounting Hole Size : Φ19mm
- LED voltage: 12V DC ;Blue LED Light
- Shell Metarial:ZN-AL ALLOY (waterproof design)
- Self-locking Switch , Press the button switch work ; Press the button again ,switch stop work .
- Latching Push Button Switch can be applied to car motorcycle modificine ,electric equipment ,appliance,machine ,home Lamps and so on
- Printed design lets you know when switch is on or in off position. Blue lighted rocker switch make it easy to see in the dark or in bad weather.
- Maximum of 20 Amp 12V DC marine spst switch. Fit for all 12V 20A cars, boats, motorcycles, electronics modifications.
- IP65 Rated Waterproof Round Rocker Switch, totally protected against dust and against low pressure water jets.
- This round marine rocker switch fits into 20mm holes with a maximum panel thickness of 1/8".
- Type: 3 pin on off on round rocker switch. Used to connect wiring harness kit to control the led light.
- Easy setup. 31mm x 19mm hole, 12mm diameter [ cut size for the tighten screw ] is required and the switch will sit in nicely; don't need to cut outs
- The switch comes with a keyhole slot to prevent unwanted rotation
- Fluorescent lamp 's will be lighted up when the switch is turned on
- 2 pole design (On/Off) , 3rd poles with LED to be connected to earth
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We offer 100% no risk money-back guarantee if you are not thrilled with your purchase for any reason. Please contact us, We will send you a replacement or a full refund and do our best to give you the most satisfactory solution
- Rating: 6A 125V AC; 3A 250V AC; 10A 12VDC
- Contact R: 50m Ohm max
- Insulation R: 500V DC, 1000M Ohm min
- Dielectric Strength: 1 Minute 1500 VAC
- Operating Temp: -25 C - 85 C
- Operating Current: 6 (A)
- Operation : Push-On, Push again-Off, SPST switch
- Rectangular Base Measures: 17 x 14mm (0.67" x 0.56")
- Light Switch with Black Rubber Boot (4.5 inch wire leads)
- Waterproof switches perfect for Automotive, Motorcycle, ATV, or UTV electrical applications like LED light and accessories
- ON/OFF ILLUMINATED PUSH BUTTON SWITCH: 4 pin metal push-button switch, push it, remain on, push it again, get off. Mounting Hole: 19mm, the diameter of push button: 12mm.
- EASY TO CONNECT & DURABLE: Latching switch with pre-soldered cable, convenient for wire connection, no need connector socket. Lifetime can up to 500,000 cycles, durable and antirust.
- LIGHTED LATCHING PUSH BUTTON SWITCH: On/off push button switch with red indicator light, switch and LED ring light is separated, LED light can be on all the time or only on when the switch is in ON mode, it depends on how you wire it.
- WATERPROOF MARINE SWITCH: This self-locking push button switch can be used in a wet environment, no worry about rain or water anymore, which can be used outdoor and rainy day.
- WIDE APPLICATION & 3 YEARS WARRANTY: This 12V/24V latching switch is suitable for motorized vehicles of motor starting, power starting devices and can also be an access control button. 3 years warranty.
- The On/Off Switch is a spare part with the light kit
- The On/Off Switch include a 3M tape to stick the switch on where you want to install it.
- There is a quick connector include for easy connection,
- Waterproof 12V Push-Button On-Off Switch with quick connector for LED Accent Lighting on Motorcycles, Cars, Trucks, ATVs, Golf Carts, etc
- he On/Off Switch is a spare part with the light kit, as the controller have power consumption when it is not use, it will drain about 7 mA current, so an on/off switch is very important to disconnect power when the bike was kept for long term storage
- Only Sold by【 Genuine Marine Systems】, which is the Only one Store in the United States. Please Confirm the Correct Store when you buy it！！！ [ Perfect Design ] - Perfect for your machine,3.1A dual USB (2.1A+1A). Heavy duty aluminium face panel, DC 12V Power Socket, IP rating:IP65.
- [ Convenient Charging ] - Double USB 5V can satisfy with your all kinds of charging needs. Charge for iOS Android mobile phone, GPS Navigator, camera, MP3 Player.
- [ Widely Use ] - Widely applicable for marine boat car RV vehicles trailer bus truck yacht launch pleasure-boat SUV etc.
- [ Easy to install ] - Only put the boat switch panel into the switch hole, fix it with screws and then you can begin to use it.
- [ Aluminium panel Dimension] - 3.94"x2.95"x4.33" (Length*Width*depth), Panel is pre-wired, Includes 4 x Stainless Steel Screw.
Last update on 2020-02-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-02-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API