April 30, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V338000
If the aerial device becomes unstable, the device may fall, increasing the risk of an injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V338
Manufacturer Spartan Motors USA
Potential Number of Units Affected 45
Spartan Motors USA (Spartan) is recalling certain 2004-2016 Emergency Response Gladiator Tractor Drawn Aerial vehicles. Cracks may develop and extend into the vertical portions of the tiller frame, resulting in instability of the aerial device.
Spartan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and correct any cracking, and add reinforcements to prevent any possible future cracking, free of charge. The recall began May 13, 2019. Owners may contact Spartan customer service at 1-800-543-5008. Spartan's number for this recall is 19007.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL - 19V-338
This notice applies to the vehicle identification number below.
Dear Valued Customer ,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Spartan Motors USA, Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain model year 2004-2016 Gladiator Tractor Drawn Aerial emergency vehicles.
Please note: The Vehicle Identification Number that maybe affected by this recall is located at the top of this letter.
What is the defect?
Cracks may develop and propagate into the vertical portions of the tiller frame. If a crack prog resses up the vertical portion of tiller frame, it could result in in stability of the aerial device which could increase the risk of injury.
While cracks may begin without warning in certain cases, they may be detected during maintenance inspections or by body compartment misalignment.
Dealers will inspect the affected unit s and apply the appropriate remedy without charge.
Installation of reinforcements will need to be determined on a case by case basis. Timing for this installation will be determined at the time work authorization is given.
What You Should Do:
Contact your local dealer to have the work performed. If you cannot locate a dealer, call Spartan at 1- 800-867-6478 to locate your nearest dealer. Steps will betaken to ensure the recall is performed at the nearest dealer
The lessor must notify the lessee by first class mail within ten (10) days from receipt of their owner notification letter from the manufacturer; both for the initial notification and all subsequent notifications.
If you had this repair performed before you received this letter, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall. For more information, contact Spartan at 1-800-867-6478.
Please fill out the enclosed prepaid postcard and mail it to us if you have changed your address, sold, or traded the vehicle.
If the authorized service center has failed or is unable to remedy the defect without charge and within a reasonable time, contact Spartan at 1-800-867-6478. You may also submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington,
D.C. 20590 or call the Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov if you feel the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy the defect without charge
We regret any inconvenience this service may cause you. Your safety and continued satisfaction with the quality and performance of your chassis is of the utmost concern to us.
Spartan Motors USA, Inc.
13 Affected Products
8 Associated Documents
Recall 573 Report- Amendment 1
Defect Notice 573 Report
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall 573 Report - Amendment 3
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
Latest Recalls Documents
- EASY TO USE-140 FC-I MIG machine uses 0.30, flux core wire. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can dial in the perfect weld! Perfect entry level welder
- POWERFUL- Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate
- PORTABLE WELDER- Lightweight 19 lbs. easily carried to any Do-It-Yourself, Maintenance, Repair, Metal Fabrication and Hobbyist project
- RUGGED- All metal case, Built to take the day to day. Big enough to handle 2 and 10 pound rolls of wire
- WELDER INCLUDES- 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, Integrated handle with torch wrap and a 20A-15A adapter. Backed by a 12-month warranty
- The New Mig 155 GD is perhaps the most capable and versatile MIG welder in its class. Equipped with features designed to meet even the most demanding welding jobs while not breaking the bank. The 155 GD can perform MIG, flux core and DC stick welding as well as the ability to adapt scratch TIG with the optional TIG torch available through our website.
- This latest version of our economy minded 155 amp MIG welder now includes the ability to remove the torch cable and replace it with our aluminum spool gun. After inserting the spool gun a simple flick of the switch inside the welders drive roller housing enables spool gun operation.
- The MIG155GD can run .023, .030, and .035 MIG and flux cord wire. No need to disconnect electrical terminals change polarities. With the Mig 155 GD changing polarity is as simple as swapping the dongle cable from plus to minus dinse connector right on the front of the machine.
- Packaged with multiple drive rollers, both smooth and knurled for flux core welding, a reel of flux core wire, and a gas regulator for MIG welding, along with a stick welding electrode stinger, the MIG155GD is ready to handle most any DC welding needs.
- Portable, capable and versatile, still with the ability to run 120V as well as 240V this little powerhouse is tough to beat. PDF product manual is also available on the Weldpro website.
- Enjoy of a compact, portable and lightweight wire feed welder that is user friendly | Shielding gas sold separately
- Welder dimensions – 12.8” H x 8.8” W x 18” D | Welds up to – 1/8 in. mild steel | Power cord length – 6ft. | Cored Wire Size Range – .035 | Voltage – 115V, 20 Amp
- Cold contactor safety feature keeps welding wire electrically “cold” until gun trigger is pressed
- Great for home repair and hobby projects on light gauge mild steel found around most households
- Four voltage settings and continuous wire feed speed adjustment allow you to weld mild steel from 24 gauge to 1/8" thick
- Your purchase includes One Hobart – 500553 Handler 210 MVP MIG Welder, One 10 ft. (3m) H100S4-10 gun, One 10 ft. (3m) work cable with clamp, Built-in gas solenoid value and dual-gauge regulator with gas hose
- Welder Dimensions: 10.62” W x 19.5” L x 12.37” H | Welder weight: 79 lbs. | Input Voltage: 110/115/120 V – 220/230/240 V | Material Thickness: 1/4” – 3/8”
- Sized for you to easily transport the unit to the jobsite with the power to weld 3/8 in. mild steel
- Keeps wire electrically “cold” until trigger is pulled which gives you ease of use and keeps you safe
- Allows you to fine control the output parameters for improved arc performance with less spatter for a better bead appearance and less clean up.
- Weld up to .030"(0.8mm) and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Powered By Standard 110(120V) Household Current.
- Multi-functions in one machine:Suitable for MMA,Lift Tig,Flux Mig.Can weld stainless steel and carbon steel.
- Big enough to handle 2 pounds rolls of wire.
- Powerful Machine:Up to 135A output current that can weld mild steel up to 1/8 inch (3.0mm) plate.
- NO REACTION WELDER - Uses convenient flux-cored wire to self-release metal inert gas while welding, preventing oxidation of the welded part; A great choice for home repairs and hobby projects on light gauge steel
- WELDING PROCESS - This welding machine is particularly suitable for mild steel and stainless steel; It will enable you to obtain a professional finish in welding, auto body work, and many other thin steel welding processes
- ADJUSTABLE WELDING SPEED - Features 4 levels of current flow settings; By adjusting the 4 buttons for MIN/MAX,1/2 with the variable feed control which has 10 welding speeds, this welder makes it easy to tackle thin steel, stainless or aluminum sheet metal or thicker steel with flux-cored welding
- PORTABLE DESIGN - Lightweight and compact design; Comes with a comfortable hand grip, making it easy for you to carry anywhere you want
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED - Package includes all the accessories you need to weld like a pro; 1 welding gun with on/off safety control, 1 grounding clamp, 1 welding helmet, 1 welding wire brush and several other small accessories
- 5-position voltage control selector adds a smooth, stable arc at all welding thicknesses
- Welds 24 gauge up to 1/4 in mild steel; Weldable Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum
- Welding Processes: MIG(GMAW), Flux Cored(FCAW)
- Operates off 115V standard household current; Wire Feed Speed Range 40-700 IPM, 50-740 IPM at no load
- Welding Amperage Range: 25-140 A; 20% duty cycle @ 90 Amps, 19V
- Synergic Control,Automatic change of the voltage & wire feeding speed by adjusting the amperage or choosing different thicknesses
- IGBT inverter technology, Full 30-205Amp(max) with digital display, reliable quality and stable performance
- The MIG-205DS is capable of true lift TIG(need buy extra tig lift torch,not included inside product) welding as well as stick welding ,The MIG-205DS is an intuitive synergically designed MIG/MAG/ Flux Core/ARC/Lift TIG welding machine.
- Safety, Automatic Protection Function for Over-current, Over-voltage and Over-heating
- Welds up to 1/8 in. mild steel.
- Plugs into household 115V, 20 amp outlet
- One year warranty on parts and labor.
- Easy to set even for novice users
- Compact, portable and lightweight
- 1.Multifunction：110V/220V Dual Voltage DC IGBT Inverter MIG 140A welder
- 2.Gasless flux-cored welding and Gas-shielded MIG welding are available for the machine
- 3.0.023''-0.039'' Flux Cored Wire and Solid Core Wire. Suit for 2lb and 10lb wire spool
- 4.MIG140 welder has adjustable wire feed speed and welding current, you can adjust it to suit your application and weld with different thicknesses
- 5.Ideal for outdoor repairs, rusty metal, farm & road equipment and maintenance & repair, Suitable for welding stainless steel, mild steel, and other metal materials.
Last update on 2020-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API