January 2, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19E003000
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19E003
Manufacturer Takata (TK Global LLC)
Components AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 4,000,000
TK Global LLC (Takata) has decided that certain PSPI, PSPI-1.1, PSPI-2, PSPI 6, PSPI-L, and SPI air bag inflators assembled as part of the frontal air bag modules, and used as original equipment or replacement equipment (such as after a vehicle crash necessitating replacement of the original air bags), may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to lower absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling. This recall addresses model year 2010 or newer vehicles ever registered in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Takata will be working with vehicle manufacturers to determine into which vehicles the affected inflators were installed either as original or replacement equipment during service. As this work progresses, numerous vehicle recalls will likely be announced by the impacted vehicle manufacturers. The recall began on January 2, 2019. Vehicles registered outside of these states may be covered by recalls 19E-001 or 19E-002.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
DEFECT AND INFORMATION REPORT FOR ZONE C
January 2, 2019
TK Global LLC.
TAKATA NON-DESICCATED FRONTAL AIR BAG INFLATORS CONTAINING PHASE STABLIZED AMMONIUM NITRATE FOR ZONE C
Number potentially involved:
Approximately 4 million
Estimated Percentage of involved with defect:
Describe the defect or non-compliance:
TK Global, formerly, Takata, is submitting this DIR in accordance with the terms specified in the May 4, 2016 Amendment to the November 3, 2015 Consent Order in EA15-001. This report contemplates national recalls of vehicles equipped with certain former Takata non-desiccated inflators used in frontal airbag systems containing a phase stabilized ammonium nitrate-based propellant that were not included in prior national recalls. The subject inflators include models designated by Takata as: PSPI, PSPI-1.1, PSPI-2, PSPI-6, PSPI-L, and SPI.
TK Global is not aware of any test ruptures in ballistic testing of returned inflators in the designated categories and model years or confirmed field incidents of the subject nondesiccated ammonium nitrate inflators other than those already under recall as detailed in prior defect information reports. Out of an abundance of caution, however, TK Global is filing this report in cooperation with NHTSA to promote public safety.
As a result of the developments and circumstances described below, TK Global has determined that a defect related to motor vehicle safety may arise in some of the subject non-desiccated ammonium nitrate inflators due to propellant degradation occurring after prolonged exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling. Testing and analysis conducted by Takata, TK Global and by independent entities have found that there are wide differences in the time periods in which propellant degradation takes place. The propellant degradation varies in different climate zones, in different vehicle makes and models, and in different inflator and propellant configurations. The Agency has concluded that these non-desiccated frontal Takata PSAN air bag inflators do not pose an unreasonable risk to safety under the Safety Act until they reach a certain level of propellant degradation
This DIR applies to all subject inflators installed as original equipment in all remaining vehicles that have been registered in Zone C, as defined in Paragraph 7 of the May 4, 2016 Amendment to the Consent Order, and that are not currently covered by an inflator recall. This includes vehicles from Model Year 2010 and newer.
Zone C includes states with lower temperature cycling and absolute humidity. It includes: Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
The subject inflators were installed as original equipment in vehicles sold in the United States by the following vehicle manufacturers (listed alphabetically):
American Honda Motor Co.
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 9051-2746
Phone: (310) 783-2000
Volkswagen Group of America
3800 Hamlin Road
Auburn Hills, MI. 48326
Phone (248) 754-5000
BMW of North America
P.O. Box 1227
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-7731
Phone: (201) 307-4000
Daimler Vans USA LLC
303 Perimeter Center North
Suite 202 Atlanta, GA 30346
Phone: (770) 705-2070
FCA US LLC
800 Chrysler Drive
CIMS 482-00-91 Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2757
Phone: (800) 853-1403
Ferrari North America, Inc.
250 Sylvan Ave.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Phone: (201) 816-2600
Fisker Automotive Inc.
(Recall to be conducted by Karma Automotive LLC)
3080 Airway Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Phone: (855) 565-2762
Ford Motor Company
330 Town Center Drive
Suite 500, Dearborn, MI 48126
Phone: (866) 436-7332
General Motors LLC
30001 Van Dyke Road
Warren, MI 48094-9020.
Phone: (313) 556-5000
Jaguar Land Rover North America LLC
555 Mac Arthur Boulevard
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Phone: (800) 452-4827
Mazda North America Operations
1025 Connecticut Avenue NW
Suite 910 Washington DC 20036
Phone: (800) 222-5500
McLaren Automotive Inc.
750 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Phone: (646) 429-8916
Mercedes Benz USA LLC
303 Perimeter Center North
Atlanta, Ga. 30346
Phone: (407) 545-6768
Mitsubishi Motors North America Inc.
6400 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630
Phone: (714) 372-6000
Nissan North America Inc.
PO Box 685001
Franklin, TN 37068-5009
Phone: (615) 725-3111
Tesla Motors Inc.,
3500 Deer Creek Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing
19001 South Western Avenue
Torrance, CA 90501
Describe the safety risk:
Activation of a non-desiccated ammonium nitrate inflator with degraded propellant may result in an inflator rupture. An inflator rupture may cause metal fragments to pass through the air bag and into the vehicle interior at high speed, which may result in injury or death to vehicle occupants.
Describe the cause:
The propellant wafers in some of the subject inflators may degrade over time, which could lead to over-aggressive combustion in the event the air bag is activated. Overly aggressive combustion creates excessive internal pressure when the inflator is activated, which may cause the inflator body to rupture. Based upon Takata’s and TK Global’s investigations to date, the potential for such ruptures occurs in some of the subject inflators after several years of exposure to persistent conditions of high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling. The potential for rupture may also be influenced by other factors, including the specific vehicle environment, the inflator and propellant configuration, and manufacturing variability.
November 3, 2015 – NHTSA and Takata entered into a Consent Order in EA15-001 to resolve issues raised in that investigation, to mitigate and control risks of harm, and to promote public safety.
May 4, 2016 – NHTSA and Takata entered into an Amendment to the November 3, 2015 Consent Order. As stated in that Amendment, on the basis of testing and analysis conducted by Takata and by independent research organizations, NHTSA has concluded that, “at some point in the future all non-desiccated frontal Takata PSAN inflators will reach a threshold level of degradation that could result in the inflator becoming unreasonably dangerous”. As a result of this conclusion, and pursuant to Paragraph 29 of the November 3, 2015 Consent Order, NHTSA ordered Takata to file certain defect information reports (“DIR”), in accordance with the schedule set forth in Paragraph 14 of the Amendment.
May 16, 2016 – Takata submitted DIRs per the schedule specified by NHTSA in the Amendment to the Consent Order.
January 3, 2017 – Takata submitted DIRs per the schedule specified by NHTSA in the Amendment to the Consent Order. The schedule called for certain DIRs to be submitted by Dec. 31, 2016. However, since that date fell on a weekend and a Federal holiday was observed on Jan. 2, 2017, NHTSA agreed that the DIRs would be submitted on Jan. 3, 2017, the next business day.
January 2, 2018 – Takata submitted DIRs per the schedule specified by NHTSA in the Amendment to the Consent Order. The schedule called for certain DIRs to be submitted by Dec. 31, 2017. However, since that date fell on a weekend and a Federal holiday was observed on Jan. 1, 2018, NHTSA agreed that the DIRs would be submitted on Jan. 2, 2018, the next business day.
April 10, 2018 – Due to the company bankruptcy and sale of the majority of Takata assets, the successor company responsible for PSAN inflators is TK Global LLC.
TK Global LLC is responsible for investigations and necessary field actions for all Phase Stabilized Ammonium Nitrate (PSAN) airbag inflators, originally manufactured by Takata.
January 2, 2019 – TK Global is submitting this DIR per the schedule specified by NHTSA in the Amendment to the Consent Order. The schedule calls for all subject inflators installed as original equipment in all remaining l vehicles to be submitted by Dec 31, 2018. NHTSA agreed that this DIR could be submitted on Jan. 2, 2019.
Describe the defect / noncompliance remedy program:
Per the sale of the majority of Takata assets to Joyson Safety Systems (JSS) and the bankruptcy agreement, the supplier of remedy parts is JSS. The Coordinated Remedy Program, being administered by the Independent Monitor, will prioritize the supply of remedy parts to the vehicles and zones that present the highest risk.
6 Affected Products
|BRAND||PART NO.||PRODUCTION DATES|
|TAKATA||PSPI AIR BAG INFLATOR||12/31/2003 - 12/31/2017|
|TAKATA||PSPI-1.1 AIR BAG INFLATOR||12/31/2003 - 12/31/2017|
|TAKATA||PSPI-2 AIR BAG INFLATOR||12/31/2003 - 12/31/2017|
|TAKATA||PSPI-6 AIR BAG INFLATOR||12/31/2003 - 12/31/2017|
|TAKATA||PSPI-L AIR BAG INFLATOR||12/31/2003 - 12/31/2017|
|TAKATA||SPI AIR BAG INFLATOR||12/31/2003 - 12/31/2017|
3 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Miscellaneous Document- Takata DIR January 2 2019 Zone C Final
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
1 Associated Investigation
Air Bag Inflator Rupture
NHTSA ID: EA15001
Dated opened: February 24, 2015
The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) opened PE14-016 in June 2014 based on six inflator rupture incidents involving consumer owned vehicles produced by five vehicle manufacturers. All six vehicles were operated in Florida or Puerto Rico at the time of the rupture and for the majority of their service life, and were equipped with inflators produced by Takata, a tier-one supplier of automotive air bag systems.
During the course of PE14-016, ODI determined that five additional vehicle manufacturers used inflators of a similar design and vintage also supplied by Takata. No evidence of field failures was found in vehicles produced by these five additional manufacturers. Nonetheless, at ODI's insistence, all 10 vehicle manufacturers initiated a regional recall within approximately two weeks of the opening of the investigation. The regions recalled initially included Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, areas with high absolute humidity and climatic conditions believed to be a significant factor in the inflator ruptures. As part of the recall actions, inflators removed from remedied vehicles are to be returned to Takata for testing.
Takata's initial test results on passenger inflators from remedied vehicles indicated a much higher than anticipated rupture frequency for inflators returned from Florida. Accordingly ODI requested all 10 manufacturers expand the regional recalls for passenger inflators to include other geographic areas where high absolute humidity conditions exist, including the Gulf States and other coastal areas. Takata's testing of the passenger inflators to date continues to indicate this geographic area as having the highest risk, with no ruptures occurring from inflators returned from outside the expanded recall regions. During PE14-016 four additional passenger inflator field events occurred, all in vehicles from the same expanded geographic region.
Also during PE14-016 four additional driver inflator field events occurred including two in vehicles from regions not known for high absolute humidity, specifically California and North Carolina. Accordingly, ODI requested all five of the affected vehicle manufacturers currently using the subject Takata driver inflators expand to nationwide recalls. Significantly, neither of the affected vehicle manufacturers or Takata provided any explanation to account for these two driver air bag inflator ruptures outside the area of high absolute humidity. Takata testing of returned driver inflators indicates a lower rupture frequency as compared to passenger inflator testing. All test ruptures reported by Takata to date have occurred on inflators returned from high absolute humidity areas.
The investigation now includes all manufacturers and vehicles known to be affected at this time. ODI's investigation will focus on, among other things, root cause analysis, other potential defect consequences, identification of affected vehicles scope, and adequacy of the remedy.
The five ODI reports cited above can be reviewed online at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchNHTSAID under the following identification numbers: 10537899, 10568848, 10585224, 10605877, 10651492
- 🌲【ABS&SAS&SRS SCANNER】FOXWELL NT630 Plus ABS & Airbag OBD2 scanner does not only provides accurate and professional diagnosis of ABS/SRS/SAS faults , but also removes air from the internal brake fluid chambers after servicing the brakes. 👉TIPS: It can not remove airbag crash data or collision data.
- 🌲【ABS BLEEDING SCAN TOOL】Anytime the brake system is opened to replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, or brake lines or hoses, air gets inside. The air has to be removed by bleeding the brakes if you want a firm brake pedal. You can use this diagnostic scanner to help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves during the bleeding process.
- 🌲【ACTIVE TEST】The OBD scan tool temporarily allow you to active or control ABS/Airbag system and component, including switches, sensors, relays& actuators. It saving your time and labor costs.
- 🌲【PERFECT COMPATIBILITY】The diagnostic scanner for automobiles is compatible with almost all OBDII cars, SUVs, minivans, light-duty trucks sold worldwide, Which makes it suitable for both mechanic and DIYers. ABS and SRS Coverage for 60+ Vehicle Makes. SAS calibration is on 30+ selected make.
- 🌲【UPGRADE AND NO WORRIES】The update tool FoxAssist allows you update& uninstall software, save & print data, gaining more available vehicle models and language on the original basis free lifetime. And there is a technical assistance for timely and effectively solving the quality problem within 24 Hours.
- Read and clear your Check Engine Light and all other vehicle systems. Get your unlimited free vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians
- As easy to use as a code reader with all the capabilities of an expensive handheld scan tool, plus the benefits of your smartphone or tablet (free app updates, portability, saving data, interactive graphing of live data)
- Officially licensed and certified for Apple and Android devices
- The BlueDriver App and BlueDriver Sensor work exclusively with each other to ensure quality
- BlueDriver is the Professional OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by mechanics and developed by Professional Engineers in North America
- 【EASY ABS/SRS DIAGNOSIS】: The obd2 scanner diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Turns off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and ABS/SRS warning lights, clears codes and resets monitors. Note: For double check, please contact us through [email protected], we will check the vehicle compatibility for you.
- 【EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE】: The scan tool works on most 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN) including GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, VW, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, Nissan,Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat, Renault, Land rover, Jaguar
- 【WIDE CODES DIAGNOSIS】: The vehicle code reader retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3 and U1) codes and pending codes
- 【GRAPH LIVE DATA DISPLAY】: The diagnostic tool views freeze frame data; Reads, stores and playbacks live PCM data stream and live sensor data; Graphs data; Prints data via PC
- 【ONLINE UPDATE INCLUDED】: The obd2 scanner is Internet updatable and upgradable, we offer 12 months warranty insurance.
- 👍【ABS SRS SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS】Autel AutoLink AL619 car diagnostics tool can diagnose ABS and SRS(Airbag) systems on sedans and light trucks. It can read and clear DTCs, show definitions of each code, display live data of multiple sensors in graph to locate fault causes and assist home mechanics to do the proper repair and clear ABS & Airbag warning lights. NOTE: ABS SRS Scan does NOT work on vehicles after 2015. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook.com🚘 to check compatibility.
- 👍【ALL 10 MODES OF OBD2 TESTS & MORE】The AL619 OBD2 scanner can access Powertrain Control Module and perform ALL 10 modes of OBD2 tests on vehicles to check emission related conditions, including: Read & Clear Codes, View Freeze Frame data, I/M Readiness Status(Smog Check), live PID data stream of multiple sensors in graph, O2 Sensor Tests, On-Board Monitor Tests, Components Tests, Module Present, Retrieve Vehicle Information(VIN, CIN and CVN) and DTC Lookup.
- 👍【GENERIC, MANUFACTURER SPECIFIC & PENDING CODES】 Autel AutoLink AL619 car diagnostic code reader retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3 and U1) codes and pending codes. For manufacturer specific or enhanced codes, you need to select a vehicle make on an additional screen to look for DTC definitions.
- 👍【UNMATCHED VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY】 AL619 car diagnostic scanner supports all OBD2 protocols: KWP2000, ISO2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN and is compatible with all OBD2/CAN compliant vehicles(sedans, SUVs and light trucks) post 1996 in US, post 2000 for EU-based and Asian cars. NOTE: ABS SRS(Airbag) diagnostics is NOT universally compatible to all vehicles. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook.com🚘 to check compatibility.
- 👍【RISK-FREE PURCHASE AND HASSLE FREE SERVICES】 The AL619 auto diagnostic scanner comes with lifetime FREE software updates. Autel Autolink AL619 car scan tool is backed by 30 Days REPLACEMENT or FULL REFUND, 12 Months free from defects after-sales services. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact us directly via 🚘auteldirect @ outlook.com🚘.
- [ENHANCED 4 SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS] - Not only diagnose the engine system but also performs full detection on vehicle's other 3 main ECU systems (Transmission, ABS, Airbag(SRS)). Reads & erases fault codes, turns off warning lights, and reads live PCM datastream on these 4 systems.
- [FULL OBDII DIAGNOSIS] - Read/clear error codes, DTC look-up, do smog tests including I/M readiness, O2 sensor test, etc. will keep your mind from worrying about whether the data about emission exceeds the standard values. It also reads freeze frame data, does EVAP system test, retrieves vehicle info, and more.
- [ADVANCED DATASTREAM GRAPH] - Reads and displays live data stream in one graph for the 4 systems (Engine, AT, ABS, SRS), allows you to add 4 parameters in the meantime to show the live data, which is intended to help you quickly find potential problems of the vehicle.
- [WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE] - Compatible with over 46 vehicle makers for a complete car diagnosis. Works on most from 1996 US-based, 2002 EU-based, 2005 Asian-based or newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Supports English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Italian, Polish, and Portuguese.
- [USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN] - Equipped with an intuitive interface, 4-inch TFT color backlit large screen, 2 cutouts in the back for holding easily, strong rugged anti-slip rubber housing. Supports lifetime free update and print online via an update software tool downloaded from ANCEL website.
- 1⃣【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 2⃣【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 3⃣【 Find Your Vehicles Here】Launch CRP123 obd2 scanner Supports mainstream vehicles on the world like ACURA VW AUDI AUST FORD BENZ BMW CHRYSLER FIAT GM HOLDEN HONDA HYUNDAI INFINITI JAGUAR ISUZU KIA LANDROVER LEXUS MAZDA MITSUBISHI NISSAN OPEL PORSCHE SAAB SEAT SKODA SMART MERCEDES SPRINTER SUBARU SUZUKI SCION TOYOTA USA FORD VOLVO PEUGEOT CITROEN RENAULT EUROFORD.Etc.
- ⃣【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- 👉👉【We Always Got your BACK ! Better Quality than Snap on Scanner ! 】This original Launch scanner is backed up by Launch official after-sale services with 5-year warranty, available 60-days return & replacement policy, and 24/7 thoughtful support. We, the authorized Launch seller, provide you with 2021 newest original Launch CRP123 with reliable quality. ([email protected])
- The VD500 OBD2 scanner is specially designed for diagnosing most 12V 16-Pin Volkswagen/Audi/Skoda/SEAT V/A Series vehicles, but it also has the ability to work on 12V cars and light trucks (non-electric) manufactured in 1996 or later that are OBD II-compliant with 16-Pin OBD II protocols (J1850 VPM, J1850PWM, ISO9141, KWP 2000 and CAN).
- For Volkswagen (VAG) vehicles diagnosis, the device can not only read and erase codes on engine, ABS, Transmission, SAS (not all cars), ESP, TPMS and other systems, but also reset the oil, brake pad and throttle position adaption.
- For other OBD II vehicles, VD500 is capable of reading/erasing, show error code definitions, turning off the MIL (check engine light) and retrieving VIN information.
- VD500’s diagnostic range for Volkswagen vehicles covers the following vehicles: VW (CC, EOS, Golf, GTI, Jetta, Passat, Phaeton, Polo, Rabbit, Sharan, Tiguan, Touran, Touareg); Audi (A3, A4, A6, A7, A8, A5, Q3, Q5, Q7, R8, RS3, TT, RS, RS5, S4, S6); Skoda (Octavia, Rapid, Yeti, Kodiaq, Fabio, Superb); SEAT (Leon, Ateca, Ibize, Altea, Cushion, Cord, Alhambra) diagnosis.
- With English and German as the two display languages, this diagnostic tool provides life-time free software updates to fix the latest bugs or add new parameters. Just download the software from the official website, then follow on-screen instructions to install.
- 😀【Limited Time Off】Get a 6100P and Case, you will save 40% OFF on the PROTECTIVE HARD CASE.
- 😀【Check Engine Light】The obd2 scanner 6100P shows fault codes with DTC Severity and quickly reveals the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings(MIL). One-press hotkey to turn off check engine light after vehicle maintenance. Live data displays plenty of vehicle data present, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width(fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc.
- 😀【Battery & Alternator Test】The Innova code reader can be used to check the performance of the battery or alternator for your hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel as well. During rough winters and scorching summers, this diagnostic tool will be invaluable when trying to root out start-up issues. (Please note currently the package does NOT include a pouch. )
- 😀【Oil Light Reset+Oil Level/Oil Life】The Oil Reset feature provides step-by-step reset procedures after an oil change for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. The free stepwise guide which 6100P scan tool provides as regards oil change reset and drive cycle procedures may be a major relieve for beginners. This abs srs code reader can also monitor your oil level and its service life.
- 😀【ABS & SRS】In addition to emission-related OBD II codes, the srs abs obd2 scanner works well on reading/erasing ABS and SRS codes for popular US Car Makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the Traction light is constantly on. The ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【2021 NEW OIL &SAS &BMS RESET SCAN TOOL】This obd2 scanner can keep your car running smoothly for years to come. OIL RESET-To reset the oil life each time you have the oil and oil filter changed. SAS RESET - To perform a calibration of the steering angle sensor following a wheel alignment or installation of a suspension or steering part. BMS RESET- Clear useless fault info/reset BMS module after battery replacement. (Notice: BMS Reset - Need to be added by updating the LAUNCH CR629 currently).
- 【ABS SRS ENGINE OBD2 SCANNER】+【BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL 】The ABS/SRS scan tool for the specific problems of ABS and SRS according to the displayed version information, DTCs, Data Stream, advanced active test results. Turn off the MIL, ABS & SRS warning lights. ACTIVE TEST -Properly utilize the available active tests to detect the hidden problems when you see the ABS warning light without getting your hands dirty. (Note: Active test work for Fiat, Romeo, Saab, Holden, USA Ford and keep updating).
- 【LIFETIME FREE UPDATE &10000+ VEHICLE MODELS】All the compatible vehicle brands will increase as the CR629 is updated, fixed bugs, and Upgrade new make up to 2021 models. Works on most 1996 and newer OBDII compliant vehicles in the US, Europe, and Asia. Over 42 car brands including SUVs, minivans, 12v light-duty trucks. Get LAUNCH CR629 and use this OEM level diagnostic tool to ensure proper fit and compatibility with Benz, BMW, Citroen, Mazda, Toyota, Ford, etc.
- 【ONE-CLICK READ& CLEAR CODE + FULL OBD2 FUNCTIONS】The obd2 scanner makes it possible for you to easily identify car problems, accurately 3 hot keys（F1/F2/F3）to access to the target interface directly with One-click. ➤HELP button is specially designed for quick access to common tips. It saves you the trips to a mechanic, lets you decide whether it's something you can fix or need more help. Featuring 10 modes of OBD2 test (including View Freeze Frame Data, O2 Sensor Test, Evap Test, etc.)
- 【5-YEAR WARRANTY+ DATE RECORD PLAYBACK&PRIN DIAGNOSTIC TOOL】The code reader with a 3.5 inch large LCD color display. ➤➤Record or playback any data stream or diagnostic results for further analysis. ➤Print diagnostic report by PC. ➤DTC Lookup to identify a code’s meaning directly, No Google research needed, LED indicator for different DTC types➤8 Language Support. ➤➤60-month warranty for any problems.Our professional technical team will provide available solutions within the shortest time.
- EASILY SCAN, READ AND RESET CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS, ABS(Brake), SRS(Airbag & Seatbelts) CODES & MORE - Innova’s 5310 OBD2 scanner empowers the home mechanic with its professional-level functionality. This car diagnostic tool not only reads and clears OBD trouble codes it also displays all vehicle information from when a trouble code was triggered. Works on any foreign or domestic 1996 or newer OBD2 car, light truck, SUV, or hybrid vehicle.Supports English, Spanish or French.
- THE DEVICE IS GREAT BUT THE DATA IS BETTER - Innova has best-in-class data to help you Find the Problem and Fix the Problem. The 5310 code reader comes with the RepairSolutions2 -- a unique app that gets you the information you need to keep your vehicle on the road. Get verified fixes, find and purchase the exact part required for repair, schedule maintenance, receive technical bulletins, recalls, and more.
- LIVE DATA FOR MORE ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS - With the Innova 5310 OBD2 reader you can see your vehicle’s essential information like RPM, speed, and oil temperature in real time to help identify and correct problems. You can also check and test your battery and alternator, so you know whether you need to bring your car to a technician or not.
- KNOW YOUR SMOG CHECK RESULTS BEFORE YOUR STATE DOES - More than just a car check engine light reader, the 5310 also lets you check your emissions status using the red, yellow, and green LEDs to pre-determine whether you’ll be able to pass your smog test. This OBD2 scan tool can also read and show your oil life display & level helps you monitor your auto’s lubricant status easily.
- DESIGNED & SUPPORTED IN THE USA - Buy with confidence. Our California-based, ASE-Certified Customer Support team is happy to assist you with any questions or troubleshooting six days a week.
Last update on 2021-03-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-03-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API