January 16, 2023 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 23V007000
An incorrect estimate of the vehicle mass can reduce the performance of the stability control system and increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 23V007
Manufacturer PACCAR Incorporated
Components ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL
Potential Number of Units Affected 46
PACCAR Incorporated (PACCAR) is recalling certain 2022-2023 Peterbilt 579 and 2023 Kenworth T680 vehicles. Incorrect software in the battery electric heavy duty electronic stability control program may underestimate the mass of the vehicle. As such, these vehicles may fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 136, “Electronic Stability Control Systems on Heavy Vehicles.”
Dealers will update the software, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed March 17, 2023. Owners may contact PACCAR’s customer service at 1-425-828-5888 (Kenworth) and 1-940-591-4220 (Peterbilt). PACCAR’s numbers for this recall are 23PBA and 23KWA.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
11/1/2022 – Safety and Compliance opened investigation into subject.
11/2/2022 – Safety and Compliance talked with Engineering to get more information of the subject.
11/3/2022 – Safety and Compliance conducted a regulatory search to find all applicable regulations.
11/10/2022 – Product Safety and Compliance talked with Engineering about testing plan and completion status.
11/30/2022 – Peterbilt Safety and Compliance got updates from Engineering about Testing results.
Peterbilt Safety and Compliance reached out to Field Service about customer complaints. No complaints have been submitted. Warranty search found no claims submitted.
12/5/2022 – Product Safety and Compliance sent estimated chassis population to customer service for US/Canada split preparing for presentation.
12/6/2022 – Product Safety and Compliance completed US/Canada split for estimated chassis population at this time.
12/9/2022 – Product Safety and Compliance presented subject to Safety Committee. Committee requested more detail on the issue.
12/14/2022 – Meritor R5 software proposed for implementation.
12/20/2022 – Meritor implemented containment plan of software version R5.
1/5/2023 – Safety and Compliance verifying affected chassis list.
1/10/2023 –Safety Committee meeting held to answer questions from previous meeting. Concluded with issuing a safety recall.
3 Affected Products
2 Associated Documents
Noncompliance Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-23V007-8384
Latest Recalls Documents
Heavy Duty Commercial Truck Reprogramming
|USB-Link 2 (Wi-Fi)
Product Number USBLINK2WF
NEXIQ Technologies Vehicle Interface Utility
The USB-Link 2, the next generation vehicle interface from NEXIQ Technologies, has arrived.
Dependable and rugged, the new USB-Link 2 is five times faster than its predecessor. It has sixteen times more random access memory than the old USB-Link, and it supports heavier bus loads on simultaneous channels. For even more reliability, we’ve upgraded the USB connector to a more robust, automotive grade connector with a latching mechanism. The USB-Link 2 is compatible with a wide range of OEM software applications.
Vehicle Network Protocol Support
- CAN / J1939 / ISO15765 – 250K, 500 K, 1M b/s with Auto Baud detection (3 channels)
- Single wire CAN (SWCAN)
- ISO 11898-3 Fault Tolerant CAN (FTCAN)
- J1850 VPW (Class 2)
- J1850 PWM (SCP)
- ISO 9141 / KWP2000 (ISO 14230) K/L line
- ALDL 9600 and 8192 baud
- ATEC 160 baud
Operating System Support
- Windows Vehicle Communication API
- PC Operating System Compatibility
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 & 64 bit)
- Interfaces to Computing Platforms
- USB 2.0
- Wi-Fi (dual band)
Nexiq USB-Link 2 Kit Includes:
- NEXIQ USB-Link 2
- 6-pin/9-pin Deutsch adapter
- Latching USB cable
|Nexiq Blue-Link Mini
Product Number NQ126015
Nexiq Blue Link Mini™ Vehicle Communication Interface
Use Your Mobile Device To Make The Connection!
The Blue-Link Mini is not a supported device for use with DiagnosticLink. For complete details regarding DiagnosticLink, please login with your SSO ID.
The NEXIQ Blue-Link Mini enables you to use either your iOS or Android devices (e.g., smartphones or tablets) to communicate with heavy duty vehicles for quick access to basic diagnostic information. It plugs into the vehicle’s diagnostic connector, and provides wireless communication with on-board electronic control units.
If you are a driver, a service writer, or a service technician using the Blue-Link Mini as a triage tool, wireless vehicle communication was never easier.
NEXIQ Technologies is currently working with the American Trucking Association’s Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) to develop a standardized communication protocol for mobile devices. This standard will make developing applications for the Blue-Link Mini a straightforward task.
- Small—fits in your pocket
- Wireless—no cables required
- Reliable Bluetooth communication
- Fast—lets you quickly gather a snapshot of vehicle statistics
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices (pairs easily with both)
- Integrated 9-pin Deutsch connector
- Simple, one-button design to put the device in Discovery mode
- When paired with an iOS or Android application (e.g., DTNA eLink), provides quick access to:
- Fault codes
- Basic parameters
- Vehicle specs
- Fuel level
Note: For more information on DTNA-eLink, see the Mobile App tab below.
Vehicle Network Protocol Support
- 3 CAN Channels (CAN / J1939 / SO15765 -250K, 500K, 1Mb/s with Auto Baud detection)
|NEXIQ Technologies 124032 USB-Link 2 Connector|
|Genuine Dearborn Protocol Adapter (DPA 5) Kit from DG Technologies|
|DrewLinQ Heavy Duty Commercial Truck J1939 J1708 Adapter Tool|
|Dearborn DPA5 Pro Universal RP1210 Protocol Adapter|
For Detroit PSL:
DiagnosticLink Order Site:
DiagnosticLink Direct Link:
DiagnosticLink Through Access Freightliner:
- 🍉➤【Support Full Systems for Heavy Duty Truck】 NL102 PLUS supports read and clear DTC, live data, ECU information for truck all systems. Including Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, Suspension, ABS, ESP, Cluster, E-xhaust, P-articular, Suspension, Braking System, Cab Climate, Body Control, Instrument Panel, Fuel System and more, which are in compliance with J1939, J1708 and J1587 protocols, It includes almost American HD trucks(Class4-Class8). One NL102 PLUS is enough for all diagnosis.
- 🍋➤【Professional DPF Regeneration Tool】Force DPF Regen work on Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce, ISUZU, HINO engine,It covers almost all US trucks, supported advanced features: DPF Regeneration,D-O-C Cleaning Procedures, DPF Regeneration in Parking, DPF Regeneration in Driving, DPF Onboard. NL102P's tool helps you re-awaken the engine power When the diesel p-articulates of the engine accumulate. It will save $800-$2500 for truck owners a year.
- 🍊➤【Excellent Oil Light Reset】NL102 PLUS support Oil service reset work on Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce engine. when the replacement of engine oil is done, the truck system calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. An oil change is required whenever indicated by the display, otherwise it will affect the engine maintenance and life. The NL102P truck scanner offers help to reset the Oil Life Reminder (Determine the Oil Service Light), ensure your driving safety.
- 🍐➤【All OBD/EOBD Diagnosis】NL102 PLUS supports both all 12V and all 24V truck, and it comes with 6 pin, 9 pin and 16 pin adapters for different interfaces. NL102 PLUS can read and earse the trouble codes, determine the MIL (check your Truck engine) and I/M Readiness, Freeze Frame, Live Data, O-xygen Sensor Test, On-Board Monitor, Vehicle Identification Info. Built in a DTC lookup library you can find the related code definition to help you determine if your car needs repair.
- 🍎➤【Powerful Coverage for Trucks】NL102P diagnostic scanner support all truck standard protocols SAEJ1939/ J1587/ J1708,it work on heavy duty trucks/ mini vans/ buses/ pickups,full systems are compatible with Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce, Caterpillar, Freightliner, International, Kenworth, John Deere, Peterbilt, Sterling, Mack, Paccar, Westernstar, Volvo, Scania, Man, Renault, ERF, Foden, Seddon-Atkinson, Iveco, DAF, SISU, STEYR, ISUZU, Fuso, Hino, ect;all cars/ mini truck/ light duty from 1996.
- 🚛【2023 Most Professional DPF Regen & Reset Tool】F802 heavy duty truck code reader support fully exclusive OEM-level DPF functions fit for Cummins, Detroit, Caterpillar, International, Volvo, Isuzu, Fuso, Hino. F802 diesel scanner diagnostic tool can perform DPF regen, DPF reset, DPF related information reset, DPR state reset, DPD forced regen, Forced DPR Regen, Ash Service Regen, Reset the soot level, etc, to make your truck breathe smoothly and recover power performance quickly.
- 🚛【Available for Cummins】F802 heavy duty truck scanner support full systems diagnosis, alll basic functions and dpf regen & reset for Cummins engine: ISB/ISD/ISL/ISG/ISX/ISC/ISF/ISM/ISBe/QSM11/ISM/QSX15/ISC/ISN/ISK/X12/X15/L9/B6.7/L9N/QSB,etc. F802 heavy duty scanner support vehicle models like Freightliner/Kenworth/International/Peterbilt/Volvo Truck/Western Star/Kenworth/Autocar/Western Star Mack/Ford/Autocar/RAM/Terex/Bluebird and more.
- 🚛【Available for Caterpillar & International】F802 heavy duty truck scan tool fit for Caterpillar engine: C7/C9/ C11/C13/C15/C32; Support Caterpillar 320D/320E/312E/312F, Ford Pick-up F-650/750, Freightliner M2/Argosy, Peterbilt 379/387/385/378/357, Kenworth C500, etc. F802 heavy duty code reader can work on International engine: MaxxForce 5/7/11/13/15/DT9/DT10, International A26; Support international HV/HX /LT/RH Series, DuraStar/WorkStar/CXT and more.
- 🚛【Available for Detroit & Paccar】F802 heavy truck scanner can work on Detroit engine: Series 50/55/60, MBE 900/4000, OM501/502, DDDL 6/7, DD5/8/13/15/16; Support Freightliner: Cascadia/M2/M2 106 Plus/M2 112 Plus/108SD/108SD Plus/114SD/114SD Plus/122SD, Western Star: 4700/4800/4900/6900, 47X/49X/57X/X-Series. F802 diesel code reader fit for Paccar engine: PX-7/PX-9, MX-11/MX-13; Support Kenworth K270E/K370E/W990/T180 - T880, Peterbilt 579/389/567/367/365/548/535/536/537/220, ect.
- 🚛【Available for Volvo & Hino】F802 dpf regen tool is compatible with Volvo engine: Volvo(J1708), Volvo(500K) ( D11, D13, D13TC); Support Volvo HD truck FM7/9/10/12, FH12/16/565, FH16, FL10/FL12/FL6/FL7, NH12/535/565, F10/12/16. F802 diesel obd2 scanner can work on Hino engine: A09C/J05E/J05C/J05D/J07E/J08E/S05C/N04C/N05C/A09C/E13C/P11C,etc; Support Hino 300/500/600/700, Retro, Hino bus, Hino Coach, Hyundai, KATO, Kobelco, Takeuchi, etc.
- 【Functions covered】NC601 OBD2 Fault scanner diagnostic tool with new smart chip. It can easily determine the cause of check engine light on, read and erase fault diagnosis code quickly, view freeze frame, I/M monitor ready status, battery test, smoke test, fuel test, fault code information library (50000+), read data stream and playback function. Also supports 9-pin interface diesel light and heavy truck scan diagnostics, read/erase fault codes, data stream, etc.
- 【Heavy Duty Truck Diagnosis】:HD OBD Truck diagnostic scanner can quickly read engine fault codes (stored fault codes, intermittent fault codes, permanent fault codes, recorded fault codes) and erase the codes. It can also retrieve vehicle information and data stream. Suitable for 9-pin interface Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit, Paccard etc diesel engines.
- 【Vehicle Coverage】:This OBD2 Scanner is suitable for most of the vehicles updated after 1996 that comply with OBDII standard (OBDII protocol: J1850(PWM,VPW),ISO_9141-2,ISO_14230-4(KWP,KWP-5BPS),ISO_15765-4(CAN,CAN-B, CAN-C,CAN-D)) compatible vehicles, passenger cars or light trucks are compatible. As well as J1939 compliant light and heavy duty trucks, tool trucks, etc.
- 【Exquisite Design】: Humzor car obd scanner adopts ergonomic design and large size screen, making it more convenient to operate. It also supports one-click I/M status, and the one-click help page allows you to understand detailed descriptions of functions, even if you have no professional automotive knowledge. The OBD2 code reader obtains power directly from the vehicle, and 3 fault indicators display the status, making it more intuitive to understand the vehicle status.
- 【Instructions】: If you encounter any problems when using the NC601 professional scanning tool, you can directly send it to us for technical support. We provide worry free return service. If you are not satisfied with the product, you can contact us directly, and we will provide you with efficient after-sales service.
- 【Full Systems Heavy Duty Scanner Tool】：this heavy duty scanner tool supports Read DTC and Clear DTC, Live Data,Engine Check, Transmission, Drivetrain, Suspension, Cluster, Suspension, Braking System, Cab Climate, Body Control, Instrument Panel, Fuel System and more, which are in compliance with J1939, J1708 and J1587 protocols,
- 【OBD2/HDOBD/EOBD All Diagnosis】: supports both all 12V and all 24V truck, with 6 pin and 9 pin adapters for different interfaces.It support reading code, earsing trouble codes, Live Data, determine the MIL (check your Truck engine) and I/M Readiness, Freeze Frame, O2 Sensor Test, On-board Monitor, Vehicle Identification Info.It can lookup DTC, translates the related code's meaning to help you know what's wrong with the car.
- 【Suitable for Most Trucks】：diesel diagnostic scanner support all truck standard protocols SAEJ1939/ J1587/ J1708,it work on heavy duty trucks/ light truck/ mini vans/ buses/ pickups from1996 to now.
- 【CANBUS System】：Detect the CANBUS node, and easily find out the wrong modoles and lines.
- 【Professional Automotive Scanner Diagnostic Tools】：Designed specifically for HDOBD/OBD2/EOBD.This HD10 covers all the functions of HDOBD,OBD2,and EOBD. What is more important is that it provide the results correctly and quickly, and you can read the results with graghs, which make you easier to read.
- 🚒【Designed for Cummins Engine Vehicles】This diesel scan tool is designed for Cummins engines, such as X12/X15/ISX15/L9/B6.7, Westport L9N/ISB/ISD/ISL/ISG/ISX/ISF/ISBe/QSM11/ISM/QSX15/ISC/ISN/ISK and more. It offers DTC reading/clearing, live data access, ECU retrieval, and DPF regeneration. It's also compatible with other vehicles like Thomas/Blue Bird school buses, Komatsu/Sany machinery, Agrifac vehicles, RVs, and Cummins-powered ships.
- 🚜【Designed for Caterpillar Engine Trucks】ANCEL HD3400 heavy duty truck scanner is specifically designed to support Caterpillar engines, including C7, C9, C11, C13, C15, C32, 320D, 312E, 312F, and more. It provides functions for reading/clearing codes, live data streaming, ECU retrieval, and DPF regeneration. This truck scanner diagnostic tool can also work for other heavy equipment that utilizes Caterpillar Engines.
- 🚛【Designed for Detroit Engine Trucks】ANCEL HD3400 heavy duty truck scan tool is compatible with a wide range of heavy duty commercial trucks – class 7 and class 8, medium duty trucks, light duty trucks and semi-trucks equipped with Detroit engines, including DD13, DD15, DD16, Series 50, Series 60, MBE 900, MBE 4000, OM501, OM502, DDDL 6, and DDDL 7.
- 🚐【Designed for Paccar Engine Trucks】ANCEL HD3400 heavy-duty truck scanner diagnostic tool is specifically designed for Paccar engines, including Paccar PX-7, PX-9, MX-11, MX-13. ❗Note: PACCAR engines post-2016 require a CAN-3 adapter for forced DPF regeneration. If you want to perform DPF regen for your PACCAR engines manufactured after 2016, please find us to get the additional CAN-3 adapter.
- 🌟【OEM-Level DPF Regeneration】ANCEL HD3400 diesel scanner diagnostic tool stands out for its peerless DPF reset capabilities. It not only supports active/forced DPF regeneration but also offers unique DPF state control, resulting in significant cost and time savings for your DPF maintenance. Choose this truck diagnostic scanner to experience unparalleled DPF functionality, saving you substantial expenses on your truck.
- 🔥【2023 Most Cost Effective Truck Scanner】HD3300 HD is specialized tool designed for use in diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with heavy duty trucks. It supports✅DPF regeneration✅Oil service reset✅Full system diagnostics✅Diagnostic report printing✅Live data reading✅Detailed Description and explanation of the codes✅Wifi lifetime free updates✅Android touch-screen control and more. With the HD3300 HD modern device, you can fix your truck without necessarily rushing to a mechanic's workshop.
- 👍【Professional DPF Regen Tool】Supports exclusive DPF functions, fits for Cummins, Detroit, Caterpillar, Paccar, International, Volvo, Isuzu, Fuso, including DPF regeneration, DPF reset, DPF related information reset, DPR state reset, DPD forced regeneration etc, helps you better solve the exhaust aftertreatment system problems, gets better MPG, throttle response, longer DPF life, less downtime and frequent regeneration (passive). Save hundreds or even thousands of dollars in repair costs.
- 👍【Advanced Oil Light Reset】Oil change is the most important part of the daily maintenance of the vehicle. HD3300 HD diesel scanner supports the oil service reset for Isuzu and Fuso, which allows you to reset the oil life reminder (turning off the oil warning light) during the oil change when impurities in the oil could damage the engine. This allows the vehicle to recalculate a different optimal oil change interval depending on driving conditions and climate, ensuring your driving safety.
- 👍【Full Diagnosis】HD3300 HD truck scanner performs all system diagnostic on almost all diesel trucks compatible with standard HD OBD protocols. If the warning lights of the engine, ABS, airbag, transmission or other systems are flashing, you can use it to easily determine how serious the fault is. It also do OBD tests, such as read codes, clear codes, view live data, retrieve vehicle infor, etc., it also can run an I/M readiness test to determine if your truck passes the smoke check test or not.
- ✨【Easy to Use】Built-in one key screenshot, feedback, online updates, printing and other features that allow you to quickly access the information you need, which is not available in the ordinary Obd2 handheld scanner. Supports code data review and send it by email. Easily connects to wifi to get updates, perfect for solving annoying daily problems. The safe and durable materials, clear touch screen and responsive operating system make it easy for drivers to operate and use.
- 🚋【2023 MS908CV: ALL-IN-ONE HEAVY DUTY SCANNER】Autel MaxiSys CV MS908CV is designed to diagnose 12-24V diesel trucks/ buses/ trailer/ commercial vehicles, also including passenger cars. MS908CV di-esel scanner has 10+ advantages:✅J2534 Programming ✅Advanced ECU Coding ✅30+ Bidirectional Control ✅48+ service ✅Full OBD2 Function ✅All System Diagnostic ✅Graphing Live Data ✅FCA & Renault SGW. With MS908CV HD Truck Scanner, you can save thousands of dol-lars without necessarily rushing to workshop.
- 🚒【J2534 ECU PROGRAMMER, SAE J2534-1 & -2 PROTOCOLS】This diesel scan tool Autel MS908CV comes with J2534 MaxiFlash Elite (1000 bucks), which accesses manufacturer updates and updates the firmware to latest version on 12-24V light/semi-trucks. Autel J2534 performs standard PassThru J2534 functionality: Compatible with for Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnose. Autel J2534 is not compatible w/ all OE software, pls send VIN check compatibility.
- 🚛【SMITH-LEVEL CODING】Autel MaxiSys MS908CV can customize your car via advanced ECU coding. It allows you match/re-code/initialize ECUs, disable annoying features, refresh hidden higher functions, like level calibration, Idl-e speed learning&Adjustment, camsh-aft tim-ing control learning. ECU Online and offline coding co-work to improve vehicle diesel efficiency, drivability and durability. Online ECU Coding allows obtaining online data from server when code is lost, easily solve vehicle issues.
- 🚚【REAL BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL, EFFICIENCY DOUBLE】The Autel MaxiSys MS908CV scan tool outputs commands to ECU to judgment of component functional integrity based on actua-tor responses. For example, control engine idle speed to Solve Id-le Chat-ter Problem, Test Fan Operation to Diagnose Ab-normal Temperature, Windows/ Door Up/Down, Fuel Pumps, AC On/ Off, Emiss-ion Leak Test, Cylin-der Test, Mirror Fold/ Unfold, etc. Time halved, revenue doubled.
- 🚙【48 SERVICE: 25 SPECIAL & 23 ADAPTATIONS】Autel MaxiSys CV MS908CV top commercial car diagnostics scanner comes with 48 services: 25+ hot service such as Oil Reset, Inject Coding, EPB, ABS, SRS, Suspension etc; 23 adaption functions like O2 Sensor Calibration, D-P-F, Fuel Pressure Adaptation, all sizes of D-O-C/D-P-F Instant Replacement Reset for trucks, passenger cars, semi-trailer tractors, passenger trucks. ✨Please send VIN to 📞auteldirect@ outlook . com📞 check compatibility.
- COMPATIBLE WITH all heavy duty trucks in compliance with standard protocols (J1587, J1939 and J1708).
- BEST IN CLASS INNOVATION- iCarsoft HD V3.0 can do it all-reads and clears trouble codes on most systems such as engine, transmission, ABS and airbag etc. Supports OBDII/EOBD, with Ten Modes of Operation, read live data, full ECU diagnosis etc.It automatically detects your car model and scans all modules for error codes. This special technology allows for specific diagnostic functions and testing!
- DYNAMIC TEST CAPABILITIES- The Multi-lingual function allows you to view & graph live data in color while graphing at a blazing fast refresh rates for quicker results. Our OBD2 scanner allows you to read pending DTCs and permanent DTCs with a DTC Library to lookup while operating the tool. Providing you with accurate data results for all your error codes
- DIAGNOSTIC FUNCTIONS & ADVANCED FEATURES- Along with the standard OBD functionscalibrate,Headlamp adjustment,Freeze Frame, O2 Sensor Test, and Evap System Test are just a few of the special functions this professional quality car scanner provides
- TRY IT RISK FREE- Whether you’re your own personal auto mechanic or you’re a business owner, you’ll fall in love with our compact design of this diagnostic scanner. Its pocket-size and perfect for allowing diagnostic tests inside or outside of the car. No batteries required just plug it into the OBD II port and you’re all set. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied, please contact us for a full hassle-free refund or replacement!
- ❶【What is the KC601】 It is the latest portable vehicle heavy duty code reader. You can use it to quickly and efficiently read DTCs in the vehicle's electrical control system, diagnose the fault location and find out the cause of the fault. Good for all auto repair shops to read and clear fault codes and read live data.
- ❷【Powerful Functions】KC601 scanner is able to read and clear fault codes of all major systems, including engine, transmission, ABS, and supports checking body, chassis, cruise, instrument cluster, gateway and other control modules. Equipped with a standard OBDII diagnostic jack, allowing you to diagnose DTCs in your vehicle's electrical control system anytime, anywhere.
- ❸【Unmatched Compatibility】KZYEE's KC601 diagnostic scanner supports heavy-duty vehicles in compliance with standard protocols (J1939 or J1587/J1708). Covers most ECU such as Cummins, Freightliner, International, Kenworth, Mack, VOLVO, etc. Power is supplied directly from the vehicle. Included are both a 6-pin and 9-pin cable for maximum vehicle compatibility and a micro USB cable for internet update.
- ❹【User-friendly design】The 2.8-inch, 320*240 LED display meets the operating habits of each user. The well-designed appearance, menu and functions of the products support the all-in-one function of OBD/EOBD vehicles, multi-language and LED -guided operation. Easy operation and high practicability
- ❺【100% Satisfactory Service】What you get ➤KZYEE KC601 high performance code reader, user manual, USB cable, storage bag, OBDII cable and diesel-6 and diesel-9 cable. KZYEE offers 30 days return policy & 1 years warranty & lifetime technical support & friendly customer service.
Last update on 2023-09-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
OMB Control No.: 2127-0004 Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-007 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Manufacturer Name : PACCAR Incorporated Submission Date : JAN 16, 2023 NHTSA Recall No. : 23V-007 Manufacturer Recall No. : 23PBA and 23KWA Manufacturer Information : Manufacturer Name : PACCAR Incorporated Address : 777 106TH AVENUE NORTHEAST BELLEVUE WA 98004 Company phone : 940 591 4220 Population : Number of potentially involved : 46 Estimated percentage with defect : 100 % Vehicle Information : Vehicle 1 : 2021-2023 Peterbilt 579 Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : OTHER Power Train : HYBRID ELECTRIC Descriptive Information : All Phase 2 Battery Electric Vehicles with R4 Software and earlier with part numbers Q30-6025 through Q30-6028. There are 46 total trucks in the recall for Peterbilt Model 579 and Kenworth Model T680. Production Dates : FEB 26, 2020 – DEC 20, 2022 VIN Range 1 : Begin : 1XPBDL9E2ND730682 End : 1XPBAL9X0PD893571 ✔ Not sequential Vehicle 2 : 2023-2023 Kenworth T680 Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : PICKUP TRUCK Power Train : HYBRID ELECTRIC Descriptive Information : All Phase 2 Battery Electric Vehicles with R4 Software and earlier with part numbers Q30-6025 through Q30-6028. There are 46 total trucks in the recall for Peterbilt Model 579 and Kenworth Model T680. Production Dates : JAN 10, 2022 – DEC 20, 2022 VIN Range 1 : Begin : 1XKYDL9X4PR163107 End : 1XKYDL9X7PR471193 ✔ Not sequential Description of Defect : Description of the Defect : The battery electric heavy duty electronic stability control program underestimates the mass of the vehicle. Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-007 Page 2 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 FMVSS 1 : NR FMVSS 2 : 136 – Electronic Stability Control Systems on Heavy Vehicles Description of the Safety Risk : An incorrect estimate of vehicle mass can negatively impact the performance of the stability control system and may lead to a risk of a crash. Description of the Cause : Supplier software parameter is incorrectly reporting values leading to underestimating mass of vehicle. Identification of Any Warning that can Occur : None Involved Components : Component Name 1 : Electronic Stability Control Component Description : Software for Battery Electric Stability Control Component Part Number : Q30-6025 -Q30-6028 Supplier Identification : Component Manufacturer Name : Meritor Address : 2415 Auto Park Way Escondido California 92029 Country : United States Chronology : 11/1/2022 – Safety and Compliance opened investigation into subject. 11/2/2022 – Safety and Compliance talked with Engineering to get more information of the subject. 11/3/2022 – Safety and Compliance conducted a regulatory search to find all applicable regulations. 11/4/2022 – Safety and Compliance was included in Meritor/PACCAR weekly meeting. 11/10/2022 – Product Safety and Compliance talked with Engineering about testing plan and completion status. 11/11/2022 – Peterbilt Safety and Compliance discussed subject with Bendix. Received pertinent information involving system and possible effects. Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-007 Page 3 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 11/14/2022 – Peterbilt Safety and Compliance sent questions to Meritor. Received information about the software and next steps. 11/30/2022 – Peterbilt Safety and Compliance got updates from Engineering about Testing results. Peterbilt Safety and Compliance reached out to Field Service about customer complaints. No complaints have been submitted. Warranty search found no claims submitted. 12/5/2022 – Product Safety and Compliance sent estimated chassis population to customer service for US/ Canada split preparing for presentation. 12/6/2022 – Product Safety and Compliance completed US/Canada split for estimated chassis population at this time. 12/9/2022 – Product Safety and Compliance presented subject to Safety Committee. Committee requested more detail on the issue. 12/14/2022 – Meritor R5 software proposed for implementation. 12/16/2022 – Peterbilt Safety and Compliance reached out to Paccar Technical Center and supplier about previous completed supplier testing. 12/20/2022 – Meritor implemented containment plan of software version R5. 1/5/2023 – Safety and Compliance verifying affected chassis list. 1/10/2023 –Safety Committee meeting held to answer questions from previous meeting. Concluded with issuing a safety recall. Description of Remedy : Description of Remedy Program : Paccar will notify owners, and dealers that a software update will need to be performed on affected trucks. Owners who incurred costs to obtain a remedy for the problem addressed in the recall in advance of receiving notification may seek reimbursement through the process outlined in the general reimbursement plan on file. How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component : The remedied vehicles will have a new release of the software, which is version R5. Identify How/When Recall Condition was Corrected in Production : Vehicles in production received a software version R5 as of December 20th, 2022. Recall Schedule : Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-007 Page 4 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Description of Recall Schedule : Customers will be notified within 60 days. Software updates are already in progress. Planned Dealer Notification Date : MAR 17, 2023 – MAR 17, 2023 Planned Owner Notification Date : MAR 17, 2023 – MAR 17, 2023 * NR – Not Reported