September 21, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22E079000
A gas leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22E079
Manufacturer Skinny Guy Campers LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 17
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
On February 15, 2022, Enerco’s affiliate Flex-Tech was contacted by an OEM RV Manufacturer to share information about several samples of cracked quick-disconnects. This quick-disconnect has been sold in the RV OEM market since approximately January 2018 and in the aftermarket since approximately 2016. Until this contact from the OEM RV Manufacturer, Enerco was aware of isolated claims of cracking, beginning in July 2021.
On February 18, 2022 Enerco immediately started investigating the manufacturing process on behalf of Flex-Tech and found variation in the process of inserting the brass male nipple in to the quick disconnect. Enerco: (1) Found that UL/CSA spec allows up to 18.5ft lbs insertion torque; (2) Determined to set torque insertion torque at 12ft lbs; (3) Trained quality control inspectors to inspect for potential cracks that could have developed in the assembly process; (4) Implemented new plan on 2/21/22.
On April 5, 2022, meeting at RV OEM on Wed April 5 who reported consumer warranty claims related to QD cracking in Q3 2021; Q4 2021; Q1 2022.
On April 6-8, 2022, Flex-Tech team went in to several RV OEM facilities and found cracked QD’s in recent shipments (production dates 3/2 to 3/31).
On April 7-8, 2022, Enerco team spent 2 days at plant reviewing and investigating cracked quick-disconnects from the plants that were brought back.
On April 8, 2022, Enerco team cannot re-create a crack at any level of insertion torque up to 60 ft lbs. Enerco reduced insertion torque from 12 ft lbs to 8ft lbs. Flex-Tech and Enerco purged plant inventory and Flex-Tech re-started production at 8ft lbs insertion torque; to date Flex-Tech has not detected cracked quick-disconnects within its facility, and all assemblies are 100% leak tested at 60psi. Enerco had an outside laboratory perform brass composition tests on recent cracked quick-disconnects as well as un-cracked samples going back to 2018 and found all met the brass material composition specification.
21E071 Enerco & Mr. Heater Propane Regulators LP Gas Pressure Regulator
1 Affected Product
|BRAND||PART NO.||PRODUCTION DATES|
|SKINNY GUY CAMPER||TRUCK BED CAMPER|
3 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2022-2RCLQRT-22E079-2892
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22E079-7941
Latest Recalls Documents
- The product has two pairs, four connectors, two male and two female connectors
- Suitable for direct 1/4 Inner diameter hose, suitable for water and air flow
- There will be no leakage or air after it is disconnected
- Connecting hoses that are too thick or too thin may lead to leakage. Only 1/4 Inner Diameter diameter hoses are applicable
- The specific size of the product will be shown in the picture. Please see it clearly before purchase
- Package include: 6 female quick connectors and 6 male quick connectors, 6 extra garden hose rubber washers.
- Widely use: Standard 3/4" aluminum garden hose thread, fit for all 3/4" standard garden hose.
- Easy Connect: Easy to connect and disconnect, rubberized grips design makes quick connector more convenient for connect and disconnect
- Material: Premium aluminum material makes it stronger and lighter, construction for prolonged service life.
- Good Service: If any problem, please feel free to contact us, Prince Team offer replacement and full refund services.
- This plastic quick disconnect set features 1/4" barb.
- Shutoffs(check valve) prevent leakage when disconnected.Use these high quality, food-grade quick-disconnects on your gas and beer tubing lines.
- These couplings make it very easy to swap out couplers and other beer and air side accessories.
- Made of Food-grade plastic with stainless steel springs and NSF approved.
- The temperature range is -40F to 180F.They can handle a vacuum to 80 psi - so you need not worry about them leaking gas.
- C - type quick insert joint can replace push to connector. Provide higher sealing, internal double ring air tight design, one ring buckle one ring.
- Plastic steel body, light weight, hardness can be rolled with the big car without damage. No rust in any environment.
- Air consumption / 11.6CFM, Maximum working pressure / 214PSI, Burst pressure / 800PSI, Tension / 58KG, Working temperature range / -13F ~122F
- High temperature resistance, wear resistance, no rust, not easy to leak.
- The shell is made of environmentally-friendly nylon engineering plastic, rust-proof, insulating, lighter, and has excellent anti-aging, low-temperature, anti-wear properties.
- Advantage：The Swivel 6an male to 3/8 female efi adapter fitting has a 37 degree flare fitting taper assures a tight seal and ease of operation,and the female side is used with spring lock design which help you save time and energy.
- Application: The efi fuel fittings can be used on efi regulator, fuel rail.
- Universal:3/8 female to 6an male fittings EFI are can be used on efi regulator, fuel line, fuel rail and any other metal tube whose size is in line with size of the fuel line adapter.
- Torque: all of the an threads fitting has the same max torque 6an with 16.25ft-lb 8an with 29ft-lb for the an male fitting side
- Rigid Aluminum Construction: These efi fuel fittings are made of aluminum or plastic and they are coated in a durable corrosion resistant plating an polished to a mirror finish
- The size is 1/2" Female Pipe Thread x 1/2" Female Flare Quick Connect Disconnect. NOT 3/8" Female Connect x3/8" Female Quick Connect. Quick connect/disconnect makes the connection more convenient. The cap can be used to prevent dust.
- Fits for natural gas and low-pressure propane appliance such as heater, grills and RV.
- No tools needed to install this 1/2” LP gas quick connect fitting. Fully packaged with A thread seal tape+An adapter(1/2" Male NPT x 1/2" Male Quick Connect). So you can use combination based on your real needs.
- Premium and Safety Material comply with CSA. 100% solid brass construction keeps connector durable and corrosion-resistant. Capacity Input: 100 000BTU.
- Safety: The adapter automatically shuts off flow when you disconnect the hose. The center hex nut provides solid grip while installing, providing safe connection and leak prevention.
- GORILLA EASY CONNECT PRODUCTS ONLY WORK WITH OTHER GORILLA EASY CONNECT PRODUCTS and should be purchased as a set
- STANDARD 3/4 INCH DURABLE SOLID BRASS CONSTRUCTION GHT FITTINGS fit all types of garden hoses faucets and watering devices pressure washers and garden hose connectors
- 200 PSI OF PRESSURE gives the Gorilla Easy Connect Fitting continuous water flow and it’s a great tool to complete your garden accessories
- NO LEAKS make this 4-piece set (2 males and 2 females) great for indoor and outdoor usage and allows ease of connection for those hard to get to hose bibs water hoses and faucets
- 1-HANDED OPERATION EASY TO CONNECT AND DISCONNECT especially for those with arthritis and limited hand and joint mobility
- 【Wide Range Of Uses】These special adapter fittings are designed to quickly adapt a male EFI connection to a male 6AN fitting. The 6an to 5/16 fuel rail fitting adapters are designed to fit your fuel feed outlet of EFI fuel filter and fuel rails .
- 【Specific Parameters】6AN Male to 3/8",all of the an threads male fitting has the same max torque 6an with 16.25ft-lb 8an with 29ft-lb for the an male fitting side.
- 【High-Quality Material & Anodized Finish】These fitting are made of high-quality aluminum alloy material for strong strength. Anodized and hand polished finish add the final touch of quality and protection. Black anodized for great appearance and anti-corrosion, superior thread strength.
- 【Strong Sealing】The 6an male to 5/16 male push-on EFI fittings are precision-machined to ensure precise thread engagement. They are available in various configurations to fit OEM hard lines or fuel feed outlet of EFI fuel filter and ensure a positive seal, even at maximum operating pressures.
- 【Quality Service】We provide a Two-month Return Service，When You Encounter Any Questions About The Product, You Can Contact Me As Soon As Possible, And I Will Answer It For You.
Last update on 2022-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.