August 4, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V574000
Electrical Short Circuit May Cause Engine Stall
An unexpected engine shut down can increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V574
Manufacturer Terex Advance Mixer, Inc.
Components ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
Potential Number of Units Affected 22
Terex Advance Mixer, Inc. (Terex) is recalling certain 2022 Front Discharge Mixer Commander vehicles equipped with Cummins diesel engines. The engine control module (ECM) may experience an internal short-circuit, which can result in an unexpected engine shut down.
Cummins will replace the ECM, free of charge. Cummins launched the remedy on September 26, 2022. Owners may contact Terex’s customer service at 1-800-678-5961.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Cummins notified Terex Advance Mixer on August 2, 2022 that they were declaring a safety recall (22E-063).
Terex agrees with Cummins determination and are filing a 573 defect report to formalize this. Cummins will manage the campaign through their dealer body and file quarterly completion updates. Terex will cooperate with Cummins to identify affected VINs and provide customer contact information to Cummins.
22E063 – C2614 – Electrical Short Circuit May Cause Engine Stall – Cummins
22E063 – C2614 – Electrical Short Circuit May Cause Engine Stall – Cummins
1 Affected Product
|TEREX ADVANCE||FRONT DISCHARGE MIXER||2022|
6 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-22V574-6516
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2022-3
Latest Recalls Documents
- 👍【Designed for Cummins】Ancel HD3400 heavy duty truck scanner can read/clear codes, live data, ECU, DPF regen, DPF reset, etc. for your Cummins engine: Cummins X12/x15/ISX15/L9/B6.7/Westport L9N/ISB/ISD/ISL/ISG/ISX/ISF/ISBe/QSM11/ISM/QSX15/ISC/ISN/ISK, such as Freightliner, Peterbilt, Kenworth, International, Ford Pick-up F650/F750, Chevy Pick-up, RAM Pick-up, Volvo Truck, Mack, Western Star, Autocar, Ford F600/F700, Terex TR50, Bluebird, Bobcat, Komatsu, Zoomlion, ect.
- 👍【Designed for Detroit】HD3400 heavy duty truck scan tool can work for your Detroit DD13/DD15/DD16, Series 50/60, MBE 900/MBE 4000, OM501/OM 502, DDDL 6/DDDL 7, Freightliner Cascadia M2/108SD/114SD/122SD, Western Star 4700/4800/4900/6900/47X, Kenworth C500, ect.
- 👍【Designed for Paccar】The diesel scan tool is compatible with your Paccar engine: Paccar PX-7/PX-9, MX-11/MX-13, such as Kenworth T780/K270E/K370E/T680 Next Gen/T680/T880/W990/T180/T280/T380/T480, Peterbilt 579/389/567/367/365/548/535/536/537/220, ect. ❗️Please note that for PACCAR engines that need to do dpf function after 2017, HD3400 truck diesel scanner also need another crossover adapter to be compatible.
- 👍【Designed for Caterpillar】HD3400 diesel scanner diagnostic tool also work for your Caterpillar C7/C9/C11/C13/C15/C32, Ford Pick-up F-650/750, Freightliner M2/Argosy, Peterbilt 379/387/385/378/357, Kenworth C500, Caterpillar 320D/312E,/312F, ect.
- ✅【Excellent DPF Regeneration】This diesel code reader provides you with powerful DPF capabilities, including active(auto) regen, passive regen, DPF related information reset, DPR state reset, forced DPR check/regen, differential pressure test, DPD forced regeneration, Manual Ash/Ash Service Regenration, DPD auto regeneration, DPD normal regeneration control, Exhaust Aftertreatment System etc. OEM level DPF function, saving you thousands of dollars on DPF.
- 🚛【2023 PRO SCAN TOOL, DESIGNED FOR HEAVY DUTY】Autel MaxiSys MS908CV is designed for 99% heavy/ semi/ light trucks to perform ECU Coding, Bi-directional Control, Full Diagnose, 48+ Services etc. Moreover, MS908CV comes with 14pcs adapters, JW 1-10 jumper set, Plug Commins-8 and UNI-4, which not only for standard diesel OBD II vehicles but also for non-standard OBD trucks, including Freightliner, Kenworth, Peterbilt, Volvo, Mack, Hino, Isuzu etc.
- 🚛【ADVANCED ECU CODING】This professional truck scanner MS908CV has advanced ECU coding features to level up your trucks. It allows you reprogram adaptive data for certain components after making repairs or replacements, modify existing parameter values to reflash higher-level functions, disable useless features, improve vehicle diesel efficiency, drivability and durability. Online ECU coding also allows obtaining the online data from server when code data is lost, easily solve vehicle problems.
- 🚛【OE-LEVEL BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL】Autel MaxiSys MS908CV enables bi-directional control ECM and transmit commands to vehicle modules to perform specific test, quickly and accurately pinpoint the fault causes. Such as control engine idle speed to solve idle chatter problem, test fan operation to diagnose abnormal temperature, control windows/Door up/down, fuel pumps, AC on/ off, emission leak test, mirror fold/unfold, etc. This features will help you save loads of time and win more business.
- 🚛【48 SERVICE: 25 SPECIAL & 23 ADAPTATIONS】Autel CV MS908CV top commercial car diagnostics scanner comes with 48 services: 25+ hot service such as Oil Reset, Inject Coding, EPB, ABS, SRS, Suspension etc; 23 adaption functions like O2 Sensor Calibration, D-P-F, Fuel Pressure Adaptation, all sizes of DOC/D-P-F Instant Replacement Reset for trucks, passenger cars, semi-trailer tractors, passenger trucks. ✨Please send VIN to 🚍auteldirect@ outlook . com🚍 check compatibility.
- 🚛【ALL-SYSTEM SCAN FOR TRUCKS】Autel MaxiSys MS908CV truck scan tool performs all systems scan on heavy duty trucks and passenger cars, such as Engine, Body & Chassis Controller, Instrument Panel System, ABS etc, which can read/ clear DTCs, view live data in text, graph, analog etc. Autel MS908CV can diagnose Cummins/ Caterpillar/ Bendix/ Detroit/ Paccar/ Perkins/ Maxxforce Engines, Wabash ABS Trailer Brakes, Wabaco Air Cylinder, Haldex ABS/ EBS and Allison, Eaton Transmissions etc.
- 🏆5Yrs Warranty【2023 NEWEST LAUNCH 1st Advanced Scan Tool Compatible With 12V&24V Vehicles】Design for Passenger&Commercial Vehicles 2in1:The 1st ALL-IN-ONE scanner from LAUNCH ,work for Cars/Trucks/buses/trailers/excavators/diesel engine/construction machinery/ /pick-up/etc.【AutoAuth for FCA SGW】Support Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep,Alfa Romeo and Fiat after 2017【2023 OE-Level features】Guiding Functions,Variant Coding with Benz,Modification for BMW,Offline Coding,Customization,Personalization,Calibration.
- 🚗【Over 60 Service Reset Functions + Bi-Directional + ECU Coding + Adaptation + Intialization + Matching】LAUNCH X431 PRO3S+ HDIII can send commands to the system/component to test their working status for Active Test. Beside,this scan tool can also support ECU Coding, Key programming, Adaptation, Matching, 60+ reset service functions like SAS/EPB/TPMS/DPF/IMMO/Oil/Brake/GEARBOX Reset, ABS Bleed, Injector coding, etc... Powerful dealership level Functions can fully meet your needs.
- 👍【2023 BEST Advanced Hardware & All Systems Diagnosis+Topology Display 】LAUNCH X431 PRO3S+ HDIII automotive scanner equipped with Android 9.0 operating system, 10.1-inch HD IPS(1920*1200) touchscreen, 7000mAh rechargeable battery (up to 12+ hours battery life), 3+32G memory(support 128G Expand memory). Support All systems Diagnostic including ENG, AT, ECM, TCM, ABS, SRS, BCM, IMMO, BMS, TPMS, SAS, Fuel System, Light System and A/C system,more.Topology Mapping shows the normal, faulty and not equipped system by diagnosing the whole system.
- 🚛【Wider Vehicle Coverage of 12V & 24V Vehicles + 24 Languages】LAUNCH X431 PRO3S+ HDIII automotive scanner is ALL-IN-ONE Scan Tool for 12V cars and 24V Heavy-duty trucks which provide the most extensive multi-brand coverage and comprehensive diagnostics for you. Passenger vehicles:Cars, SUV, MPV, Pickup truck; Commercial vehicles:Heavy Duty Truck, Passenger Bus, Excavator, Tractor, Recreational Vehicle. 24 Language: English,French,Spanish,German,Russian,Japanese,Portuguese,Italian,Polish,more.
- 🔥【User Friendly, Easy To Use】LAUNCH X431 PRO3S+ HDIII Automotive scanner supports One-Click Auto VIN Detect, One-Click WiFi Update, One-Click Generate Graph. In addition, this LAUNCH scan tool also support remote diagnostic, diagnostic feedback and respond, Live data graphing, data Stream record and playback, Generate Health Report (Share & Print). Bring you a more convenient and comfortable experience to a large extent.
- 【Innovative Bluetooth Truck & Car Scanner】Tired of bulky diagnostic cables? The ANCEL HD100 Heavy Duty Truck Scanner is the first wireless diagnostic tool that combines OBDII 16-pin and Green 9-pin dual interface (gasoline and diesel) in one unit. ✅The diesel code reader offers comprehensive diagnostics without bulky cables and adapters, thanks to its industrial-grade Bluetooth module.✅Compact and lightweight, allows comprehensive diagnostics for cars, trucks and loaders.
- 【Exclusive APP 3 Simple Steps to Start Up】 Use your smartphone download the App(ANCEL TRUCKER), register, and connect. With a beginner-friendly interface, this app is handy for professionals too. Note that for more accurate Bluetooth pairing, the phone's location feature should be turned on. 👉Supports only Apple and Android smartphones, not tablets.
- 🚍【Work for the Most Popular Trucks in USA】It's a pocket diagnostic tool that Simplify truck repairs, works for 99% truckers and truck fleets. The ANCEL HD100 Heavy Duty Truck Scan Tool can support engines including Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit, and Paccar, and is widely compatible with Freightliner, International, Kenworth, Mack, Peterbilt, Sterling, Western Star, and Volvo. Cover the latest standard protocols SAE J1939, SAE J1708, including ISO 27145.
- 🚍【Full System HDOBD Scanner + Auto Scan】The commercial truck system diagnostics allow you to read and clear all electronic modules, including the truck's engine, ABS, transmission, and chassis. It also supports transmissions and ABS from Allison, Bendix, Eaton, Wabco, and ZF. Perfect for use in the garage or on the road, get the job done quickly with our compact diesel scan tool.
- 🚍【Powerful Regeneration Tool for Cummins&Caterpillar】 Supports exclusive OEM-level regeneration and reset functions for Cummins and Caterpillar, helps you get better MPG, throttle response, longer unit life, less downtime and frequent regeneration (passive). Save hundreds or even thousands of dollars in repair costs.
- 【Enhanced DPF Regen Tool】This diesel scan tool support OEM-level DPF function for Cummins, Detroit, Caterpillar, Paccar engine.including active(auto) regen, passive regen, DPF related information reset, DPR state reset, DPD forced regen etc.helps you better solve the exhaust aftertreatment system problems.
- 【Wide Heavy Duty Compatibility】ANCEL HD3400 PRO diesel scan tool supports standard HD OBD protocols (the latest J27145 included), which covers all major heavy truck models, support engine includes Cummins, Detroit, Caterpillar and Paccar.Model includes F650/F750, RAM2500/3500/4500/5500,LT Series,HX Series,LoneStar,MV Series,VNL 300/400/740/760,VNL 860/300/400/740 and more.
- 【Full OBDII & HD OBD】 【Truck & car 2-in-1】 The ANCEL HD3400 Pro not only is a 12V car OBD2 scanner with Full OBDII functions,but also is a 24V heavy duty diagnostic scanner with Full HD OBD functions,Such as read codes,clear codes, read Live data stream, read vehicle information and more, so that you can get accurate information, save time and money in maintenance.
- 【All systems diagnosis】 In addition to the Full OBDII & HD OBD functions , This heavy duty truck scanner also supports all systems,including ABS ,SRS, Transmission, engine,EPB,BMS,ECM, TCM, BCM, SAS, Fuel System, Light System and A/C system.
- 【Pin Detect Function】+【Lifetime Free Update】Pin Detect function is used to diagnose the connection status of the OBD inter face and detect whether the pins are damaged. This diesel code reader also allow you get the latest version at any time with free update via WIFI. It also covers more advanced features: one-click activation, screenshot, printing, feedback, view/email reports, pin detect, ect.
- 【2022 Specially for Heavy-Duty Vehicles】Here we present you the Autel Maxisys CV+J2534, a high-end diagnostic tool tailored for commercial vehicles such as semi-trucks, light-duty trucks, buses, construction vehicles, agricultural vehicles and supports 100+ brands. The official updates can always keep the scan tool up with the trends so as to meet the needs of workshops and pro mechs. As an official authorized Autel scanner, stick to the old rules, 365 days QA and 24/7 technical support.
- 【25 Service + 23 Adaptation Functions】Get the right tool Maxisys CV + J2534, get the things done. In total we’ve packed 25 service functions such as Oil Reset, SAS Rest, ABS Reset, for normal passenger cars and 23 adaption functions such as O2 Sensor Calibration, DPF Regeneration, Fuel Pressure Adaptation, for commercial vehicles. And those functions work perfectly for the 99% of commercial vehicles, for instance Freightliner, Kenworth, Peterbilt, International, Volvo, etc.
- 【ECU Coding & J2534】2022 Heavy-duty scanner MaxiSys CV empowers you to match modules with components, flash the hidden functions, and customize the OE-settings and it’s compatible with light-duty trucks and semi-trucks such as: Ford F-series, RAM Trucks, Scania, Mercedes, Iveco, etc. The J2534 ECU programming will no longer be a problem once you have the scanner in your hands. It acts as a pass-thru device and help you pass-thru the gateway to access the data for coding.
- 【All System Diagnostics, Same as Sanp-on Scanner】To help you root out the problems hidden underneath the hood, Truck Scanner CV can conduct a full-system diagnostic and present you with the full details about DTCs. Here are some on-board system it can dive into, such as Engine, AT, ABS, SRS, IMMO, air conditioning system, steering angle system, air suspension system, etc. Once the diagnostic is complete, you can access further details from waveform data stream or the health status report.
- 【Bi-directional Control & Relearning】 This heavy duty scanner is a bridge for you to mutual communicate with on-board modules and conduct active tests to track down the problems. Cylinder deactivation test, on-board electronic components test, cylinder compression test, all of those complex tests can be done with it. And also the truck scanner can read the injectors QR code and match them with ECU once the replacement is done. There is still a lot more waiting for you to find out.
- 【Functions covered】NC601 OBD2 Fault scanner diagnostic tool with new smart chip. It can easily determine the cause of check engine light on, read and erase fault diagnosis code quickly, view freeze frame, I/M monitor ready status, battery test, smoke test, fuel test, fault code information library (50000+), read data stream and playback function. Also supports 9-pin interface diesel light and heavy truck scan diagnostics, read/erase fault codes, data stream, etc.
- 【Heavy Duty Truck Diagnosis】:HD OBD Truck diagnostic scanner can quickly read engine fault codes (stored fault codes, intermittent fault codes, permanent fault codes, recorded fault codes) and erase the codes. It can also retrieve vehicle information and data stream. Suitable for 9-pin interface Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit, Paccard etc diesel engines.
- 【Vehicle Coverage】:This OBD2 Scanner is suitable for most of the vehicles updated after 1996 that comply with OBDII standard (OBDII protocol: J1850(PWM,VPW),ISO_9141-2,ISO_14230-4(KWP,KWP-5BPS),ISO_15765-4(CAN,CAN-B, CAN-C,CAN-D)) compatible vehicles, passenger cars or light trucks are compatible. As well as J1939 compliant light and heavy duty trucks, tool trucks, etc.
- 【Advanced Design】: Humzor NC601 Car obd scanner adopts ergonomic design, with large screen, which is more convenient to operate. At the same time, one click I/M status is supported. The one click help page allows you to understand the detailed description of functions, even if you do not have professional car knowledge. No charging is required. The OBD code reader receives power directly from the vehicle. Three fault indicators display the status, so as to understand the vehicle condition more intuitively.
- 【Instructions】: If you encounter any problems when using the NC601 professional scanning tool, you can directly send it to us for technical support. We provide worry free return service. If you are not satisfied with the product, you can contact us directly, and we will provide you with efficient after-sales service.
- 【2023 Designed for CV】Autel MaxiSYS MS908CV is a professional scanner for commercial cars like light/medium/heavy-duty trucks and passenger cars. The extensive vehicle coverage of 150+ makes, bring you more clients. MS908CV shares the same or even adds more fancy diagnostic functions as Elite, MK908P, MS908 Pro, such as luxury hardware, 25 service features, 23 adaption functions, coding, J2534 programming, bi-directional control, full-system diagnostics, etc., giving you smooth experience.
- 【1 Scanner with 48 Services】Autel MS908CV is a scanner specially designed for independent workshops or mechs that deal with heavy machinery. It enjoys the same 25+ service functions as Elite, including Oil Reset/EPB/BMS/Throttle/IMMO/Injector Coding etc., and has 23 adaption functions for commercial trucks of all sizes of D-O-C/D-P-F Instant Replacement Reset, F-u-e-l Pressure Adaptation Reset, Injector CEOM Reset, etc.
- 【Local-Smith Coding + J2534 Programmer】Semi Truck Tool MS908CV is equal to 1 Elite plus 1 truck-specific diagnostic tool. Advanced ECU coding empowers you to match modules with components, flash the hidden functions, and it’s also compatible with light-duty trucks and semi-trucks. The latest J2534 MaxiFlash Elite, whose individual purchase costs $1000, can perform a comprehensive pass-through programming function, even for the newest controllers.
- 【OE-Level Diagnoses, Distinguished Vehicle Coverage】2023 Heavy Duty Truck scanner MS908CV is suitable for full-system diagnoses for 80+ makes and 150+ brands worldwide. Quite extensive coverage and deep diagnostic capabilities make MS908CV an industry chief. Real-time push messages alert your systems and software update. The remote control is available anytime and anywhere, and interactive data logging sessions allow direct contact with Autel support staff for troubleshooting.
- 【Active Test Gets Diagnoses Deeper】Through active test, Bidirectional scanner MS908CV will tell you what isn’t functioning precisely & you can send commands to test various modules in your car’s ODC, which is easy to operate and clear in the guide. For example, control the idle speed of the engine to solve the idle shudder problem; perform a throttle position sensor reset after cleaning the throttle; test fan operation to diagnose water temperature abnormalities, etc.
- 【Designed for CV, 1996-2023】Autel introduced 2023-new BT diesel diagnostic tool scanner MaxiSys MS908CV for major commercial vehicles (class 1-9): OEM-specific coverage of 80+ brands, OE-level ECU coding, bi-directional component actuations, 25+ passenger cars resets & 23+ CV adaptions, etc. built to meet ever-changing needs of techs and shops to repair CV cars smarter and bring more business. The high-end hardware specs allow smooth operation as fast as Autel MaxiCOM MK908P, Elite.
- 【ECU Coding & J2534 VCI Box】Same level as Maxisys Elite MS908S PRO, this heavy duty truck scanner MS908CV has the professional-grade ECU coding to help rematch the module replacement, and fix complex ECU-controlled problems for heavy machinery. You don’t need to buy expensive 1000-bucks-value OE tools for each brand. The included J2534 pass-thus device is fully compatible with both SAE J2534-1 & 2, and also serves as wireless BT communicating box for up to 210ft. (70m) diagnostic range.
- 【25+ Resets & 23+ Adaptions】Autel commercial vehicle diagnostic scan tool MS908CV gives quick access to 25+ most commonly-used Resets & Relearns same as MaxiSys Elite: oil, SAS, EPB, TPMS, injector coding, bleeding, DPF, BMS, throttle & IMMO and others. Also as a heavy duty truck scanner it boasts of 23+ tool-guided CV Adaptations as feature-rich as OE software but costs much less: DOC/DPF instant replacement reset, fuel pressure adaptation, and a variety of aftertreatment maintenance.
- 【Bi-Directional CV Scanner】Same as Maxisys Ultra MS919, this Autel scanner MaxiSys 908CV also features bi-directional control active tests. It can easily build mutual communication with commercial vehicles’ onboard systems, signal transceivers, control modules, or electronic parts, to swiftly locate the problem source, e.g. Aftertreatment DEF Leakage Test, Aftertreatment Cylinder Cutout Test, DEF Doser Pump Override Test … and thousands more!
- 【99%-Makes CV Coverage】OBD2 truck scan tool MS908CV can handle nearly all major CV cars like Trucks, Light Duty, Bus, Trailer, Construction, Agricultural, and many Expert commercial vehicles, over 80+ manufactures and 150+ makes ranging from Class 1 (0-6,000lbs) to Class 9 (33,000lbs). The built-in remote tech. assistance allows direct interaction with Autel for first-hand demonstration, training, and repair materials.
- 👍【2023 NEWEST Bi-Directional Scan Tool -Compatible With 12V And 24V Vehicles】LAUNCH X431 V+PRO 4.0&HDIII scan tool are designed for Passenger&Commercial Vehicles 2in1:The 1st ALL-IN-ONE scanner for 12V cars and 24V Heavy-duty trucks which provide the most extensive multi-brand coverage and comprehensive diagnostics for you. Passenger vehicles:Cars, SUV, MPV, Pickup truck; Commercial vehicles:Heavy Duty Truck, Passenger Bus, Excavator, Tractor, Recreational Vehicle.
- 👍【2023 Newest Directional Scanner —Faster, More Popular ,Wider Regional vehicle coverage 】LAUNCH X431V+ PRO 4.0 scan tool adds loads of OE-Level features as ➤Refresh Hidden Functions ➤ADAS Calibration➤Guided Functions➤AutoAuth for FCA SGW ➤Online Coding ➤Variant Coding ➤Setting & Changeover for Benz ➤Modification for BMW ➤Offline Coding ➤Customization ➤Personalization, for worldwide vehicles, and keep growing.
- 👍【Bi-Directional + Over 60 Service Reset Functions + ECU Coding + Adaptation + Intialization + Matching】LAUNCH X431 V+ PRO + HDIII can send commands to the system/component to test their working status for Active Test. Beside,this scan tool can also support ECU Coding, Key programming, Adaptation, Matching, 31+ reset service functions like SAS/EPB/TPMS/IMMO/Oil/Brake/GEARBOX Reset, ABS Bleed, Injector coding, etc... Powerful dealership level Functions can fully meet your needs.
- 👍【All Systems Diagnosis For 12V & 24V Vehicles + BEST Advanced Hardware】LAUNCH X431 V+ PRO + HDIII automotive scanner equipped with Android 9.0 operating system, 10.1-inch HD IPS(1920*1200) touchscreen, 7000mAh rechargeable battery (up to 15+ hours battery life), 32G memory(support 128G Expand memory). Support All systems Diagnostic including ENG, AT, ECM, TCM, ABS, SRS, BCM, IMMO, BMS, TPMS, SAS, Light System and A/C system. with the coverage of up to 99.99% Vehicles on the World.
- 👍【POWERFUL TECHNICAL SUPPORT】LAUNCH X431 V+ PRO 4.0& HDIII supports One-Click Auto VIN Detect, One-Click WiFi Update, One-Click Generate Graph. In addition, this LAUNCH scan tool also support remote diagnostic, diagnostic feedback and respond, Live data graphing, data Stream record and playback, Generate Health Report (Share & Print). Bring you a more convenient and comfortable experience to a large extent.
Last update on 2023-05-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
A CUMMINS FIELD CAMPAIGN Please Deliver To: Service Managers and Warranty Decision Makers FROM: Cummins Global Warranty Administration Communications Subject: CM2450 ECM Replacement Safety Campaign Number: C2614 Date: 18-Oct-2022 Expires: 01-Sep-2050 (U.S./Canada) 01-Sep-2050 (International) Attention: Worldwide distr./ branches and Div./Reg Offices U.S. / Canadian Dealers U.S. / Canadian Distr./Branches and Div. Offices (Automotive) This is to revise and replace Campaign 2614, dated 27-Sep-22. This revision is to: 1 Update the Discussion, and 2 update the Reimbursements. If additional information is required, please contact your Cummins Warranty Operations Group Leader. DESCRIPTION: This Safety Campaign is being issued to replace CM2450 Engine Control Modules (ECM) on certain engines. ECMs may develop an internal electrical short, possibly resulting in an engine stall without warning. This Safety Campaign authorizes certified repair locations to replace the ECM and perform a recalibration. Cummins has reported this issue to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), which has assigned it Recall Number 22E-063. NOTE: This field action provides for retroactive coverage of repairs, including customer billable repairs, completed by Cummins authorized repair locations made in anticipation of and prior to the release of this publication. Previous repairs may be eligible for reimbursement of ONLY the work defined in this publication. Retroactive claims may be accepted for repairs made ON or AFTER 29 June 2022. Service providers should have invoice documentation of original repair ready for support of the retroactive claim. All Service Providers attempting to file claims for retroactive repairs should reference Warranty Memo 1825 for instructions. ACTION: In order to qualify for repair under this field action, an engine: 1 will be covered regardless of coverage status, and 2 must show as OPEN on QuickServe® Online for this field action. NOTE: The ESN list is attached for reference. After verifying that the engine meets the above requirements, perform the following actions: 1 Replace ECM in accordance with repair procedure 19-031 within appropriate service manual 2 Recalibrate ECM in accordance with repair procedure 19-032 within appropriate service manual MATERIAL DISPOSITION: Where applicable, items removed should be returned to ReCon for core credit. Unless otherwise indicated, items with no core liability can be scrapped. REIMBURSEMENTS: Parts: NOTE: The part numbers listed are on manual allocation and may incorrectly show no inventory when checking availability in CUMPAS. The parts orders will be released once an eligible ESN is provided. Distributors and Dealers should order replacement parts as per normal process. An eligible ESN MUST be provided with the order to secure a replacement ECM. ALL eligible ESNs MUST be provided to secure multiple ECM order requests. If the repair is a unitdown situation, contact Cummins Care to expedite the release of the parts. An SR may be required from the distributor to further work the process. NOTE: ReCon (RX) parts should be used and claimed when performing all Cummins Field Actions. New or NX parts should only be used when making before-inservice repairs. Additionally, due to local laws, RX parts may not be available for use in the repair. If this is the case for your region, use the New part equivalent of the appropriate ReCon part. Further, if RX parts are not readily available to complete the repair in a timely fashion, the new part equivalent can be secured and used for the repair. The following parts are covered under this field action: Part Number Quantity Description 557239100NX 1 MDL,CNT (OPTIONAL) 557239100RX 1 MDL,CNT (OPTIONAL) NOTE: SRTs to gain access that are required to complete the repair, that are sufficiently explained in the claim narrative, may also be claimed on this action. NOTE: All SRTs listed are OPTIONAL. Select ONLY the appropriate SRTs for the repair performed. Labor using applicable Access Code and Time: SRT Code Description Time 00-90X Administrative time 19-0G5 Engine Control Module Calibration Code – Transfer (CMI) 19-0YW Engine Control Module – Remove and Install – X15 CM2450 X124B 19-1JB Engine Control Module – Remove and Install – L9 CM2450 L126B 19-1K4 Engine Control Module – Remove and Install – X15 CM2450 X134B 19-1NT ENGINE CONTROL MODULE – REMOVE AND INSTALL – X12 CM2450 X137B 19-1RQ Engine Control Module – Remove and Install – B6.7 CM2450 B155B Travel: Travel is covered under this field action. Towing is covered under this field action. Other Claimables: Consumables are covered under this field action. NOTE: Additional parts, such as o-rings, gaskets and fasteners, that are required to complete the repair, but not listed, may be claimed in Other Claimables. Please consolidate all consumables and claim them as one line item in Other Claimables titled CAMPAIGN SUPPLIES or other appropriate selections. Please include brief summaries on the details of items claimed. A lack of documentation in the narrative may result in a reduction in claim reimbursement or claim denial. Claim Instructions: For Cummins Dealers, claims for this Field Campaign must be filed via RAPIDSERVE™ Web (rsw.cummins.com). For information regarding RAPIDSERVE™ Web, please reference the “Warranty” tab in QuickServe® Online. If there are additional questions, please contact your local Cummins Distributor. Account Code: ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. 65 Pay Code: ………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. North America Distributor = X Pay Code: ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. North America Dealer = D Pay Code: ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. International Distributor = I Pay Code: ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. International Dealer = R Failure Code: ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. WEICMG Attachments c2614_esn-list.xlsx
*** IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL *** NHTSA Recall No. 22E-063 August 2, 2022 Terex Advance Mixer 7727 Freedom Way Ft. Wayne, IN 46818 Dear Cummins OEM Customer: We are writing to inform you that Cummins Inc. has determined that a safety-related defect exists among a population of certain X15, X12, L9 and B6.7 engines that were manufactured between May 13, 2022 and June 28, 2022. Accordingly, Cummins submitted a Part 573 Defect Notification to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on July 28, 2022 covering potentially affected engines. A copy of Cummins’ initial report is enclosed. Our records indicate that some of these engines have been shipped to you. As more fully described in the Defect Notification, some of the Engine Control Modules installed in this engine population may develop an internal electrical short, possibly resulting in an engine stall without warning, which may lead to an increased risk of a crash. Enclosed is a list of Engine Serial Numbers for potentially affected engines that our records indicate were shipped to your plants. For engines installed in vehicles that have left your control, we encourage you to make a safety defect determination in accordance with 49 USC 30118 et seq. and, as appropriate, to submit a Defect Notification to NHTSA in accordance with 49 CFR Part 573. At your request, Cummins will conduct the recall, including notifying owners pursuant to 49 CFR Part 577, performing the remedy, and submitting quarterly status reports to NHTSA. To facilitate owner notification, Cummins requests that you provide the associated vehicle model identification, VINs and owner contact information. Please work with your Cummins account team leader to ensure that the requested information is provided to Cummins as soon as possible. As a supplier of original equipment, Cummins has no obligation to submit a defect notification to Transport Canada. However, Cummins does, as a courtesy, notify Transport Canada when Cummins submits a defect notification to NHTSA, advising that some OEMs may have affected vehicles. If you have an obligation to report the defect to Transport Canada, we ask that you please provide us with the Transport Canada recall number assigned to your vehicle recall. Cummins cannot mail owner letters compliant with Transport Canada regulations with respect to your recalled vehicles without the recall number assigned by Transport Canada. Cummins will provide the applicable data to you after our mailings are completed so that you can submit the required notification reports to Transport Canada, as well as provide you the completion rate data so that you can submit the required quarterly completion reports to Transport Canada. For engines/vehicles that are still in your inventory, please contact the Customer Quality Assurance representative at the producing engine plant to arrange for repairs. Cummins apologizes for this inconvenience, but we are initiating this action in the interest of our customers’ safety and satisfaction with our products. Thank you for your assistance. Please confirm receipt of this communication. Sincerely, Dave Getz Enclosures: 1. Cummins Part 573 Defect Notification 2. Engine Serial Number list
Cummins Inc. Box 3005 Columbus, IN 47202 – 3005 USA Mail Code: 40911 Phone: 1 800 CUMMINS care cummins.com *** IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL*** NHTSA Recall No. 22E-063 Cummins Campaign #C2614 September 26, 2022 Dear Cummins Customer: This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Cummins Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain Cummins B6.7, L9, X12 and X15 engines that were manufactured between May 13, 2022 and June 28, 2022. This notice applies to the engine(s) listed on the enclosed table. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? Your engine is equipped with an Engine Control Module (ECM) that may have a manufacturing defect that could result in an engine stall without warning. An unexpected engine stall without the ability to restart the engine may lead to an increased risk of a crash. WHAT ARE WE DOING ABOUT THE PROBLEM? Cummins has released Safety Campaign #C2614 CM2450 ECM Replacement Safety Campaign to address this condition by replacing the ECM. This campaign is currently available at Cummins Distributors and authorized Warranty Dealers. The repair will be completed free of charge and most applications will require approximately 1.3 hours to complete. WHAT SHOULD YOU DO? Contact the nearest Cummins Distributor or authorized Warranty Dealer to arrange to have this safety action performed on your engine(s). The distributor or dealer will work with you to schedule the best date to complete this repair. If you have not registered your Cummins product, please complete the enclosed registration card or register your product at https://prodreg.cummins.com/prodreg/#/webform/contactInfo. If you are no longer the owner of the engine(s) listed on the enclosed table, please forward this notice to the new owner or provide the new owner’s contact information to Cummins so that we can notify them of this recall. Federal law requires vehicle lessors receiving this recall notice to forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten (10) days. Also, it is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new vehicle or equipment covered by this recall notice under a sale or lease until the defect has been remedied. Cummins Inc. Box 3005 Columbus, IN 47202 – 3005 USA Mail Code: 40911 Phone: 1 800 CUMMINS care cummins.com *** IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL*** NHTSA Recall No. 22E-063 Cummins Campaign #C2614 If you previously paid to have this recall performed on your vehicle, you may be eligible for reimbursement. Please contact Cummins Care at the number below for more information. WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS? If you have questions or concerns about this recall, please contact your local Cummins Distributor or authorized warranty dealer. You may also contact Cummins Care at 1-800-CUMMINS (1-800- 286-6467), or visit our website at care.cummins.com. If you have a complaint relative to this recall, you may report it to the following: Administrator National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE Washington, DC 20590 You may also call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov. Cummins is taking this action in the interest of your safety and satisfaction with our products. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your attention to this matter. Sincerely, Campaign Administrator Cummins Inc.
OMB Control No.: 2127-0004 Part 573 Safety Recall Report 22V-574 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Manufacturer Name : Terex Advance Mixer, Inc. Submission Date : AUG 04, 2022 NHTSA Recall No. : 22V-574 Manufacturer Recall No. : NR Manufacturer Information : Manufacturer Name : Terex Advance Mixer, Inc. Address : 7727 Freedom Way Fort Wayne IN 46818 Company phone : 999 Population : Number of potentially involved : 22 Estimated percentage with defect : 100 % Vehicle Information : Vehicle 1 : 2022-2022 Front Discharge Mixer Commander Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : OTHER Power Train : DIESEL Descriptive Information : Terex received email notification from Cummins on 8/2/2022 indicating that they had declared a safety recall on certain engines. Terex reviewed the defect report and other included information. Based on this, Terex also deems this defect to be safety related and as such is filing a 573 defect report to declare a safety recall on the affected vehicles/engines. The Cummins engines installed in the impacted vehicles are equipped with an Engine Control Module (ECM) and sold for installation in mixer trucks (Terex vehicles). The recall consists of the entire population of engines equipped with the suspect ECMs, prior to the implementation of corrective action. Production Dates : JUN 06, 2022 – AUG 03, 2022 VIN Range 1 : Begin : NR End : NR Not sequential Description of Defect : Description of the Defect : ECMs within the subject population that are affected by the defect condition may develop an internal electrical short circuit, possibly resulting in an engine stall without warning. If this occurs, the engine cannot be restarted until replacement of the ECM and, if necessary, the fuse. FMVSS 1 : NR FMVSS 2 : NR Description of the Safety Risk : An unexpected engine stall without the ability to restart the engine may lead to an increased risk of crash Description of the Cause : A Screw in the supplier’s selective solder fixture backed out of position, pushing an electrolytic capacitor frame into the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) during ECM production. Part 573 Safety Recall Report 22V-574 Page 2 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Identification of Any Warning that can Occur : NR Involved Components : Component Name 1 : NR Component Description : NR Component Part Number : NR Supplier Identification : Component Manufacturer Name : Cummins, Inc. Address : 500 Jackson Street Columbus Indiana 47202-3005 Country : United States Chronology : Cummins notified Terex Advance Mixer on August 2, 2022 that they were declaring a safety recall (22E-063). Terex agrees with Cummins determination and are filing a 573 defect report to formalize this. Cummins will manage the campaign through their dealer body and file quarterly completion updates. Terex will cooperate with Cummins to identify affected VINs and provide customer contact information to Cummins. Description of Remedy : Description of Remedy Program : Cummins to manage How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component : NR Identify How/When Recall Condition was Corrected in Production : NR Recall Schedule : Description of Recall Schedule : NR Part 573 Safety Recall Report 22V-574 Page 3 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Planned Dealer Notification Date : NR – NR Planned Owner Notification Date : NR – NR * NR – Not Reported