April 13, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V243000
A gas leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V243
Manufacturer Forest River, Inc.
Potential Number of Units Affected 99,278
Forest River, Inc. (Forest River) is recalling certain 2021-2022 Coachmen Adrenaline, Apex, Catalina, Freedom Express, Spirit, East to West Alta, Della Terra, Silver Lake, Forest River Cedar Creek, Cherokee, Columbus, Flagstaff, Impression, Ozark, Rockwood, Sabre, Salem, Sandstorm, Shockwave, Stealth, Stealth Evo, Vengeance, Vibe, Wildwood, XLR Toyhauler, Palomino Puma, Prime Time Avenger, Crusader, Lacrosse, Sanibel, Shasta Oasis, 2022 Coachmen Cross Trail, Prism, Forest River Aurora, Rainier, Wildcat, Work and Play, Prime Time Tracer, 2021-2023 Coachmen Leprechaun, and 2022-2023 Coachmen Freelander fifth wheel and travel trailer recreational vehicles.
The quick disconnect fittings in the LP gas system may be cracked, causing a gas leak.
Dealers will inspect the LP system quick disconnect fittings for cracks, perform a LP system leak test, and replace any fittings as necessary, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed May 23, 2022. Owners may contact the applicable customer service number for their vehicle model. Please see the recall report for the list of phone numbers.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
April 20, 2022
Forest River Executive Team,
We have become aware in the past few weeks of complaints at the plant level of cracks developing in our female quick disconnects that is either connected to our LP Gas Manifolds or shipped on specific Hose Assemblies sold separately. We have been working very closely with Leo Akins and his team on this issue. After an exhaustive effort to identify the problem and the source, we have determined that the crack is not being produced within our facility and therefore, has escaped our inspections as well as our 100% system leak checks. A potential crack may develop in your facility or, in rare cases, after you have assembled the system to an RV and performed pressure drop testing. The root cause for this crack has been identified as contamination and/or porosity in the brass from our 2nd tier brass sub-supplier and we have been unsuccessful at any level of insertion force (torque) to avoid the potential for cracking. Our records at this point indicate the relevant window for products that may contain cracks were shipped between July 1, 2021 and April 20, 2022.
At this point in time, we are in the very unfortunate situation where we simply do not have a viable solution to avoid cracks developing with our current quick disconnect inventory. Due to this situation, we have no choice but to ship manifold systems with pipe plugs where the QD is normally installed. We have a longer term fix that is approximately 5-6wks away and are working hourly to find alternate QD supply solutions in order to begin adding them back to the manifold systems. We sincerely apologize for this situation and know this is much more than a minor inconvenience. Our company has been in the LP Gas Industry for over 60 years and will continue to work with the Forest River Team to get past this challenge as quickly as possible.
Jeff Bush, President
(m) 440-429-4579; (e) firstname.lastname@example.org
CC: Leo Akins; Wayne Kaylor
On March 29, 2022, Corporate Quality notified Forest River’s Office of Corporate Compliance (“OCC”) that there had been some Quick Disconnect failures at a Forest River manufacturing plant. OCC opened a research file the same day. OCC learned that certain Quick Disconnects (“QD”) were cracked. OCC learned that the manufacturing plant does not attempt to tighten nor loosen the QD from the assembly from the partner supplier. OCC learned that if a QD was cracked that the manufacturing plant was catching it during production-required tests of the LP Gas System. OCC also learned the partner supplier was coming out to change the cracked QD’s that where in production. OCC communicated with the partner supplier and asked if OCC could visit the suppliers manufacturing plant.
On March 30, 2022, OCC visited the partner suppliers manufacturing plant in Goshen, Indiana. OCC was given a plant tour and offered feedback to the supplier. One thing in particular was noticed, an employee of the partner supplier was using an air ratchet to assemble a pipe nipple into the QD. OCC then witnessed another employee use a wrench on the body of the QD and thread it into an aluminum manifold block. When OCC questioned this procedure, OCC was told the assembler was supposed to use the pipe nipple to thread the QD into the manifold. Discussion of the possibility of the QD being over torqued by the air ratchet was had with the supplier. OCC recommended the supplier procure a proper torque equipment for the installer of the nipple into the QD and additional quality control measures of the QD’s post installation into the manifold. OCC asked that the supplier visit the manufacturing plant and change out all of the QD’s installed on the LP system manifold system, out of an abundance of caution.
On March 31, 2022, OCC was made aware of a “Whip” hose that failed LP Gas testing at a different Forest River manufacturing plant. The “Whip” hose connects to the QD then connects to an outside grill or griddle. OCC contacted the partner supplier (same as prior) and arraigned to meet with them at the manufacturing plant the next day, April 1, 2022. Manufacturing Leadership, the supplier and OCC met on April 1, 2022. It was also discovered that the manufacturing plant has experienced cracked QD in production. In particular, while the supplier and OCC were at the plant, manufacturing leadership had a vehicle that failed the LP Gas test, upon inspection, it was found that a QD was cracked on that vehicle in manufacturing. OCC asked that the supplier visit the manufacturing plant and change out all of the QD’s installed on the LP system manifold system, out of an abundance of caution.
On April 4, 2022, OCC began reviewing claim data from random Forest River manufacturing plants to ascertain if there are any quick disconnects failures in the field.
On April 5, 2022, OCC finished reviewing claim data. OCC met with the partner supplier and presented Forest River’s data to them.
On April 8, 2022, Forest Rivers’ Corporate Recall Committee voted to recall.
On April 21, 2022, Forest River’s Office of Corporate Compliance received a notice from Flex-Tech indicating that the scope shall be expanded from March 31, 2022, to April 20, 2022; due to continued quick disconnect cracks and possible identification of contamination and/or porosity of the brass, which leads to cracks. On April 21, 2022, Forest River put a stop ship on any vehicle that has a Flex-Tech Quick Disconnect installed on it. These vehicles must have the quick disconnect replaced with another manufacturer/suppliers quick disconnect before they may leave Forest River possession. Forest River will update the remedy information.
During communications with plants on April 21, 2022, Forest River VIBE communicated to OCC that only a single model used a quick disconnect. During this amendment of the recall, OCC will be removing all but a single VIBE model as all of the other VIBE models do not have a LP quick disconnect.
74 Affected Products
|EAST TO WEST||ALTA||2021-2022|
|EAST TO WEST||DELLA TERRA||2021-2022|
|EAST TO WEST||SILVER LAKE||2021-2022|
|FOREST RIVER||CEDAR CREEK||2021-2022|
|FOREST RIVER||STEALTH EVO||2021-2022|
|FOREST RIVER||WORK AND PLAY||2022|
|FOREST RIVER||XLR TOYHAULER||2021-2022|
6 Associated Documents
Recall 573 Report – 4/22/2022RCLRPT-22V243-6653
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22V243-3742
Miscellaneous Document – 51-1501 – Chronology V2
Miscellaneous Document – Forest River-FlexTech QD 4-21-22RMISC-22V243-3438
Recall 573 Report – 4/27/2022RCLRPT-22V243-7615
Latest Recalls Documents
- 【Scope of application】：Wet-line couplers are commonly used on live bed / dump trailer wet-line hydraulic systems and other heavy duty applications.
- 【Quick coupler】 Compatible with PARKER 6100 Series,SNAP-TITE 78 series， FASTER FB Series, AEROQUIP 5100 Series and HANSEN 96 Series.
- 【Product parameters】：1" NPT Female Pipe Thread，3000 PSI Working Pressure Rating，With a 40 Gpm Max Flow Rate.Rated Flow189L/Min，Nitrile Rubber (NBR) Seal Temperature Range -4°F to 212°F.
- 【High quality material】：Brass construction across body and nipple prevents corrosion. Steel sleeve and wingnut built to last.
- 【100% Satisfaction Guarantee】: Your satisfaction is our top priority, We strive to provide customers with quality services.If you're not 100% satisfied with this tool set, simply return it for a full refund in 30 days. Premium Support & 12-Month Warranty.
- Advantage: The Swivel 6an male to 3/8 female efi adapter fitting has a 37 degree flare fitting taper assures a tight seal and ease of operation,and the female side is used with spring lock design which help you save time and energy.
- Application: The efi fuel fittings can be used on efi regulator, fuel rail.
- Universal: 3/8 female to 6an male fittings EFI are can be used on efi regulator, fuel line, fuel rail and any other metal tube whose size is in line with size of the fuel line adapter.
- Torque: All of the an threads fitting has the same max torque 6an with 16.25ft-lb 8an with 29ft-lb for the an male fitting side.
- Rigid Aluminum Construction: These efi fuel fittings are made of aluminum or plastic and they are coated in a durable corrosion resistant plating an polished to a mirror finish.
- 6AN Male to 5/16 SAE Quick Disconnect Female Push on EFI Fitting Adapters Aluminum AN6 Flare to 5/16 Female
- Made from lightweight 6061-t6 cnc machined billet aluminum alloy
- Black Anodized Finish for Long Last, Strength and Durability
- Universal Using for Braided Fuel Lines Hose, Oil, Fuel, Water, Fluid and Air Line
- For competition applications where reduced weight is needed, use our lightweight ProClassic Crimp-On hose ends
- 【Wide Range Of Uses】These special adapter fittings are designed to quickly adapt a male EFI connection to a male 6AN fitting. The 6an to 5/16 fuel rail fitting adapters are designed to fit your fuel feed outlet of EFI fuel filter and fuel rails .
- 【Specific Parameters】6AN Male to 3/8",all of the an threads male fitting has the same max torque 6an with 16.25ft-lb 8an with 29ft-lb for the an male fitting side.
- 【High-Quality Material & Anodized Finish】These fitting are made of high-quality aluminum alloy material for strong strength. Anodized and hand polished finish add the final touch of quality and protection. Black anodized for great appearance and anti-corrosion, superior thread strength.
- 【Strong Sealing】The 6an male to 5/16 male push-on EFI fittings are precision-machined to ensure precise thread engagement. They are available in various configurations to fit OEM hard lines or fuel feed outlet of EFI fuel filter and ensure a positive seal, even at maximum operating pressures.
- 【Quality Service】We provide a Two-month Return Service，When You Encounter Any Questions About The Product, You Can Contact Me As Soon As Possible, And I Will Answer It For You.
- The product has two pairs, four connectors, two male and two female connectors
- Suitable for direct 1/4 Inner diameter hose, suitable for water and air flow
- There will be no leakage or air after it is disconnected
- Connecting hoses that are too thick or too thin may lead to leakage. Only 1/4 Inner Diameter diameter hoses are applicable
- The specific size of the product will be shown in the picture. Please see it clearly before purchase
- GORILLA EASY CONNECT PRODUCTS ONLY WORK WITH OTHER GORILLA EASY CONNECT PRODUCTS and should be purchased as a set
- STANDARD 3/4 INCH DURABLE SOLID BRASS CONSTRUCTION GHT FITTINGS fit all types of garden hoses faucets and watering devices pressure washers and garden hose connectors
- 200 PSI OF PRESSURE gives the Gorilla Easy Connect Fitting continuous water flow and it’s a great tool to complete your garden accessories
- NO LEAKS make this 4-piece set (2 males and 2 females) great for indoor and outdoor usage and allows ease of connection for those hard to get to hose bibs water hoses and faucets
- 1-HANDED OPERATION EASY TO CONNECT AND DISCONNECT especially for those with arthritis and limited hand and joint mobility
- 3 pack combo standard 3/4” garden hose quick connectors: 2 brass male connectors, 2 brass female connectors, 4 free washers. Works perfectly on any standard garden hose, faucets and watering devices.
- Heavy duty solid brass construction water hose quick connector fits all types of garden hoses, solid brass for super durability & leak proof performance.
- High pressure quick connect and disconnect fittings up to 200 psi for seamless continuous water flow. Super fast connect and disconnect function.
- Quick fast and easy single handed operability savetime and money while working on the yard or washing your car. Provides a secure fit for a leak proof experience.
- Product has been designed and manufactured with the customer needs mind, superb quality standards.
Last update on 2023-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.