February 24, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V112000
A detached flywheel can cause loss of drive power, increasing the risk of a crash. Additionally, driveline pieces may be ejected from the engine compartment, increasing the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V112
Manufacturer Navistar, Inc.
Potential Number of Units Affected 7
Navistar, Inc. (Navistar) is recalling certain 2021 International LT vehicles equipped with a Cummins X15 engine. The capscrews that attach the flywheel to the crankshaft may have been improperly torqued, allowing the flywheel to detach.
Navistar will work with the engine manufacturer Cummins Inc. to notify owners, and Cummins dealers will properly tighten the capscrews and inspect for possible damage, repairing any damage found, free of charge. The recall began on March 29, 2021. Owners may contact Navistar customer service at 1-800-448-7825.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
March 29, 2021
Dear Cummins Customer:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Cummins Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain ISX Engines that were manufactured between October 27, 2020 and January 11, 2021.
This notice applies to your engine(s) listed in the table on the enclosed list.
WHY IS A RECALL BEING CONDUCTED?
The engine flywheel may be susceptible to detaching from the crankshaft, leading to loss of motive power, which may increase the risk of a crash. Additionally, driveline pieces may be ejected from the engine compartment, which may increase the risk of personal injury.
WHAT ARE WE DOING ABOUT THE PROBLEM?
Cummins has released field Safety Campaign #C2402 “ISX15 CM2250 SN and X15 CM2450 X124B/X154B Flywheel Capscrew Retorque Safety Campaign” to correct this condition by properly torqueing the subject capscrews and inspecting for possible damage and, if necessary, repairing the damage. This campaign is currently available at Cummins Distributors and authorized Warranty Dealers. The repair will be completed free of charge and most applications will require approximately nine hours to complete.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
Contact the nearest Cummins Distributor or authorized Warranty Dealer to arrange to have this campaign performed on your engine. The distributor or dealer will work with you to schedule the best date to complete this repair.
Federal law requires vehicle lessors receiving this recall notice to forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten (10) days. Also, it is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new vehicle or equipment covered by this recall notice under a sale or lease until the defect has been remedied.
WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
If you have questions or concerns about this recall, please contact your local Cummins Distributor or authorized warranty dealer. You may also contact Cummins Care at 1-800CUMMINS (1-800-286-6467), or visit our website at care.cummins.com.
If you have a complaint relative to this recall, you may report it to the following:
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE Washington, DC 20590
You may also call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
If you have not registered your Cummins product, please complete the enclosed registration card or register your product at https://prodreg.cummins.com/prodreg/#/webform/contactInfo.
If you are no longer the owner of the engine or vehicle listed in the table below, please forward this notice to the new owner or provide the new owner’s contact information to Cummins so that we can notify them of this recall.
Cummins is taking this action in the interest of safety and satisfaction with our products. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your attention to this matter.
Campaign Administrator Cummins Inc.
1 Affected Product
3 Associated Documents
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
- APPLICATIONS - Compatible with Cummins ISX12, X15 and ISX15 engines with single overhead cam
- BENEFITS - Use to remove and install front crankshaft seal and wear sleeve without damaging the seal and leakage
- REPLACEMENT - This is a high-quality aftermarket product. Directly replace part numbers 4918991. Each part is manufactured to OEM specifications and testing
- QUALITY - Advanced CNC machined heavy duty steel with black anodized finish
- INCLUDES - The 4918991 crankshaft seal kit includes:(1)Sleeve Remover;(3)Washers;(3) Nuts(Short);(3)Nuts(Long);(3)Studs;(3)Forcing Screws;(2)Hex-head screws;(6)Self tapping screw
- Editors of Haynes Manuals (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 256 Pages - 02/25/2020 (Publication Date) - Haynes Manuals N. America, Inc. (Publisher)
- APPLICATION -- For Cummins ISX Engine 3163530 Jake Brake Feeler Gauge Shim Alt
- OEM # -- 3163530 - 7.0MM. The 7mm area is precision ground to +/- .0005 inch.
- ADVANTAGE -- This angled feeler gauge to allow easier insertion between slave pistons contact surface with the exhaust valve adjusting screw. ( Straight feeler can be bent easily)
- BENEFITS -- Fast, easy and accurate way to check the valve clearance with this feeler gauge. Getting the clearance adjusted is crucial not only for great performance but also to avoid any unwanted catastrophic failures or engine blows.
- A MUST HAVE -- Useful to keep engine noise down and keep your engine performing to it's optimum level.
- 【Fitment】Fit for Cummins ISX X15 Liner Press.
- 【Function】Works on flat-top and grooved-top liners. This tool is designed to install antipolishing rings without damaging the liner and antipolising ring.
- 【Replacement】Replace for part number 3164606, ST-269. Supersedes 3162461.
- 【Superior Material】Made of high quality solid steel with black anodizing, and application of precise mechanical design, sturdy and durable, impact-resistant, corrosion-resistant. Kit includes 2 Spacers (*5395470). Cylinder Liner Installer Tool ×1.
- 【100% Satisfaction Guarantee】Yoursme committed to providing customers with a good product experience, if you are not satisfied with our products, simply return it for a full refund in 30 days. We support 12 months’ Warranty.
- OLED Display: The 15.6" UHD OLED 100% DCI-P3 display offers true color and contrast, whether you are designing your next project or gaming.
- Redefined Power: The 11th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor, delivers high performance with 8 cores boosting up to 4.6 GHz. Take on any tasks and applications with ease.
- Supercharged Graphics: The MSI Creator 15 is powered by a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, breezes through today's most demanding creative workflow tasks.
- Crafted To Be Portable: Packed with an immense amount of power in a lightweight chassis, so you can work on the go.
- Creators Rejoice: MSI’s exclusive Cooler Boost Trinity+ Technology ensures optimal thermal dissipation.
- Visual Performance: The 15.6” 144hz display delivers true-to-life images with a high refresh rate so you can see every frame of the game.
- Redefined Power: The 11th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor, delivers high performance with cores, take on any games and applications with ease.
- Supercharged Graphics: The MSI Stealth 15M is powered by a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, take on today's most popular games with these performance graphics.
- On the Go Gaming: Designed to be thin and light for gamers to carry around every day for games, study, or work.
- Cool and Powerful: MSI’s exclusive Cooler Boost Technology ensures optimal thermal dissipation. Featuring state of the art fans and heat pipes, get the airflow you need for gaming.
- FITMENT – Fits for Cummins ISX, X15 Liner Press works on flat-top and grooved-top liners. Alternative to OEM #3164606.
- FUNCTION – Help to install antipolishing rings without damaging the liner and antipolising ring. Work easier to save your time and money!
- SUPERIOR QUALITY – Made form high standard carbon steel which can withstand corrosion, rust and impact, its heavy duty construction ensures an unparalleled long lifespan.
- EASY TO USE – Install our 3164606 cylinder liner installation tool over the antipolishing ring and puller plate. Thread it down slowly, pressing the antipolishing ring into the liner counterbore.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – If you're not 100% satisfied with this Tool, simply return it for a full refund in 30 days. Premium Support & 12-Month Warranty.
Last update on 2022-02-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2022-02-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.