January 8, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V003000
The improper crimping may result in partial or complete loss of effectiveness of the seat belt harness, increasing the risk of injury to the occupant in that seated position, in the event of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V003
Manufacturer Braun Ambulances
Components SEAT BELTS
Potential Number of Units Affected 61
Braun Ambulances is recalling certain 2019 and 2021 Crestline CCL150 Type III E-Series and 2019-2020 Crestline CCL150 Type I F-Series and CCL150 Type III G-Series ambulances. Two of the eight fastening points of the seat belt system installed in the ambulance patient compartment side-facing CPR seating position on the street-side of the vehicle may be defective. Two of the threaded inserts used for the rearward retractor and shoulder belt D-ring are installed too close to a mounting flange resulting in improper crimping of the threaded insert.
A remedy has not yet been established for this recall. The manufacturer has not yet provided a schedule for recall notification. Owners may contact Braun Ambulances customer service at 1-877-344-9990.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
NHTSA Recall Number: 21V003
Date: February 1, 2021
Braun Industries has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety may exist in certain 6-point seatbelt anchor bolts for the CPR seat seatbelt in certain model year 2019 through 2021 Crestline CCL150 Ambulances.
The affected system components are the upper right shoulder seat belt d-ring anchor point and the lower right seat belt retractor anchor point of the side facing seated position on the street side of the vehicle (CPR seat). During our manufacturing and quality control process, we became aware of the potential of one or both seat belt anchor points being improperly seated due to improper crimping of the threaded insert. Improperly crimped seat belt anchors may result in partial or complete loss of effectiveness of the seat belt harness which may increase the chance of injury to the occupant, in that seated position, in the event of a crash.
You are receiving this notice because the following vehicle are affected by this recall:
It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect is remedied.
The likelihood of experiencing this loss in functionality is unlikely, however we will require all vehicles to be returned to the dealer for an inspection and if required a retrofit to ensure that no issues exist.
Inspection measuring tools, parts, and instruction will be available March 8, 2021. Work instruction, inspection tool, and replacement fasteners will be sent to the Crestline Dealers performing the inspection. Crestline Dealers will inspect affected vehicles with the supplied inspection tool, according to the FMD-016 Inspection & Modifications of CPR Seatbelt Anchor Points on CCL-150 Units. Vehicles that require modification will have the nutsert(s) replaced by the supplied threaded backing plate(s), per the process specified in FMD-016, to remedy the defect. Vehicles that do not require modification are to have the seating system reassembled. Customers on file will be directed to take their ambulance/s to their Dealer to have this action performed.
Phone: 877-344-9990 6:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EDT Email: [email protected]
We apologize in advance for the inconvenience this issue may cause your organization. We will make every effort to make this as simple as possible on both our Dealers and our Customers.
5 Affected Products
|CRESTLINE COACH||CCL150 TYPE I||2019-2020|
|CRESTLINE COACH||CCL150 TYPE III||2019-2021|
4 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)RCMN-21V003-6083
Recall 573 Report- Amendment 1
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- Inside Width: 1" - 25mm
- Inside Tall: 5/8" - 16mm
- Thickness: 3mm
- Package included: 50 D-rings
- Occasion: perfect for sewing needs, making belts, luggage straps, handbags, backpacks, leashes, harnesses and dog collars, etc.
- Pro Quality D-Ring Hanger will support 10 pounds. Frame back hanger for wood picture frames.
- 1 3/16" Long x 5/8" Wide D-Ring Picture Hanger. Bulk pack includes 100 hangers
- Framing supplies kit includes 100 #6 x 1/2" Combo Top Slotted/Phillips Screws
- Our D-Rings have the most inside wire or ring wrapped around the strap which makes this heavy duty picture hanger stronger than others
- D-Ring hanger with doubled over steel strap will support 10 pounds
- Package include: you will receive 24 pieces D-ring tie down with hard strength and durability, sufficient quantity for your daily use; Easy to use, the D ring tie down have a nice performance on most surfaces or floors
- D rings dimensions: D ring inner clearance measures 1 x 1 3/8 inch (2.5 x 3.5 cm), the mounting bracket measures approx. 3/4 x 2 1/4 x 1/8 inch (1.9 x 5.7 x 0.3 cm) and the hole is about 1/4 inch (0.64 cm); Please pay attention to that no nuts or bolts are included
- Apply to: these 1/4 inch stainless steel D-rings trailer performs well in the back of the van, truck beds, SUV with bungee cords; Stainless D ring offers a convenient point to the rope and strap, preventing the tool bags and gear equipment from sliding
- Nice performance: ring tie down , with a long service life, has outstanding bearing capacity providing 700 lbs load bearing; It is very strong and does not deform when pulled
- Durable material: made of stainless steel, the stainless D ring tie down is long lasting, wear-resisting and durable; With smooth surface, it will not scratch your hands ensuring your safety
- 3/4" D ring shackle is made of superior heavy-duty drop forged steel, with a 7/8" diameter pin, also an outer nut to avoid the fallen, the insurance pin provides additional protection
- The shackle achieves a 4.75T towing capacity and a break strength up to 19T and can be used with various facilities and vehicles
- This shackle is galvanized and powder coated, maintaining its strength and durability, also protecting it from rust and corrosion, perfectly fits any bad weathers
- Each shackle is equipped with 1 isolator and 2 thin and 2 thick rubber washers, provides more installation choices and bumper protection, also reduces noises
- 100% satisfaction. Please contact us if any unsatisfaction or quality problems, we are here to provide a perfect solution for you
- Lightweight but strong, aircraft aluminum material made, max secure load is 50 LB, elegant, strong and practical.
- Durable and easy to use, improved spring clip can be opened and closed more than 5000+ times in our test
- 6pcs extra keyrings pack, carabineer length: 3"/79mm,package includes 6pcs carabineer clips,6pcs keyrings
- Great for indoor outdoor applications, hanging lights, camping tent supplies, backpack attach keychain clips etc.
- Not for climbing or heavy duty work
- Welded and Extra Thick:These D-rings are heavy duty(4mm thickness) and are welded which is important, that way when a dog decides to run after something it doesn't pull the d-ring apart.Strong enough for large dogs!
- Many use:D-rings for dog collars,clothing and harnesses projects.For sewing projects like making lanyards,Paracord key chains,jewelry,cosplay handbag,purses or leather work projects for your DIY needs.Also for the webbing,fabric craft,key leashes,apron straps,nursing covers,lanyards,etc.
- Good plating,rust proof.They are smooth with no burs or sharp points.Classic color.
- They are heavy metal,made to last! Strong and sturdy.
- Size: Inside Width: 1"(25mm),perfect for 1” Width straps. Inside Tall: 0.6"(15mm). Extra Thickness: 4mm. Package included: 12 D-rings.
- Comes with a Convenient Anchor Point for Ropes,Bungee Cords or Straps Perfect for Cargo Management in Trailer,Truck and Vans
- 4 Pk per Set Features a Capacity of 2,000 lbs.Breaking Strength 6,000 lbs.
- Constructed From High Strength Forged Steel with Dimension 3-1/2"x1-3/16" Mounting Bracket Provides a Sturdy Base
- 7/16"Diameter Mounting Holes spaced 1 3/8" apart, center to center
- Protected by a Durable Zinc-plated finished Will Get Rust Hardly.
- VERSATILE. This weld-on D-ring tie down anchor is great for securing cargo loads on heavy-duty flatbed trailers and flatbed trucks
- HIGH-STRENGTH. This tie down ring is rated for a capacity of 6,100 lbs. and a break strength of 18,000 lbs. It is designed for a weld-on installation, and the capacity is limited to the mounting structure
- EASY TO USE. Once installed, this bull ring tie down anchor is fast and convenient to use. The 4-1/4-inch x 4-1/4-inch x 5/8-inch trailer shackle provides a generous opening to tie down ropes, cables, ratchet straps or binder chains (3 x 3-inch I.D.)
- HEAVY-DUTY. This trailer D-ring tie down is constructed from solid, forged steel for heavy-duty strength. The weld-on bracket measures 2-1/4 inches x 2-1/8 inches x 1-1/4 inches for a sturdy base
- READY TO WELD. This trailer tie down ring comes with a raw steel finish to be ready for welding right out of the package
- HEAVY DUTY: CZC AUTO D-ring tie down anchors made of solid stainless steel, high strength and long life. The maximum load that each ring can bear is 400 pounds. This means that this pack of 6 rings can withstand a weight of 2,400 pounds
- EASY TO INSTALL: the anchor points with 2.2" X 0.8" mounting bracket provides a sturdy base. Simply insert the screw or bolt through the 1/4" bolt hole on the mounting bracket, and then fix it to any wood or metal surface. Come with mounting brackets and bolts
- WIDE APPLICATION: this surface-mounted tie-down adds a convenient anchor point to the rope, bungee cord or belt, which is very suitable for the cargo management of Trailers, Trucks, Vans, flatbed trailers, utility trucks, Pickup, RV Campers, Boats, Kayaks, Motorcycles, ATVs
- ANTI CORROSION & RUST: the durable anchor lashing ring is made by stainless steel to prevent corrosion and rust
- SIZE INFORMATION: D ring inner clearance: 1'' X 1-3/8'', mounting bracket: 2'' X 3/4" X 1/8 ''. Screw hole: 1/4''. 6 X Tie Down D Rings with Screws
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API