October 1, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V602000
Incorrect tire and GAWR information may cause the vehicle to be overloaded, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V602
Manufacturer Jayco, Inc.
Components TIRES, EQUIPMENT
Potential Number of Units Affected 3
Jayco, Inc. (Jayco) is recalling certain 2021 Jay Feather X213 "J3" Baja type recreational trailers. The tire size and Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) information on the tire and certification labels may be incorrect, possibly resulting in the vehicle being overloaded. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, "Tire Selection and Rims."
Jayco mailed the corrected labels to owners. Owners have the option to replace the labels or have the repair performed at a dealership, free of charge. The recall began October 6, 2020. Owners may contact Jayco customer service at 1-617-776-0344. Jayco's number for this recall is 9901523.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
NHTSA # 20V-602
October 6, 2020
CHANGING THE FEDERAL CERTIFICATION AND TIRE LABELS
Remove existing label(s)
- Locate the label(s) on the outside off door side (road side) front of the unit.
- Using isopropyl alcohol and a shop rag, remove any adhesive residue from the surface where the original label had been.
Allow the area to dry for at least 30 seconds.
The labels below do NOT show the correct information for Recall 20V-602 They are only examples of the different types of labels affected.
Apply new label(s)
- Remove the protective back from the new labels. Align the new label in the same location of the original label and apply it to the surface. Remove any air bubbles from the label.
NOTE: Do not attempt to remove or adjust the label once it has come into contact with the surface. Doing so may damage the label or cause it not to adhere properly to the surface. IF A LABEL IS DAMAGED OR WILL NOT PROPERLY ADHERE TO THE SURFACE, PLEASE REQUEST A NEW LABEL at [email protected]jayco.com.
20V-602 Incrt tire and GAWR noted on Labels
Safety Recall: 20V-602
October 6, 2020
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This Notice Applies to Your Recreational Vehicle «vin»
Dear Valued Customer:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Jayco has decided that certain 2021 Jay Feather X213 (J3) travel trailers fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 110, "Tire selection and rims and motor home/recreation vehicle trailer load carrying capacity information for motor vehicles with a GVWR less than 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds) or less”.
|Reason for this recall||Labels note tire size as ST205/75R14 load range “D” and GAWR of 3,000 lbs. when correct on the travel trailer is ST225/75R15 load range “E” and GAWR of 3,500lbs. This error creates the possiblity that the vehicle could be loaded with the amount of cargo as stated and result in the vehicle being overloaded. Overloading may lead to issue with drivablilty and premature tire wear and subsequent tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.|
|Recall Remedy||Remove the incorrect labels and attached the corrected labels enclosed per instructions provided.|
|What we need you to do||You can place the correct labels on your travel trailer or contact an authorized Dealer to schedule an appointment. The Recall Remedy is free of charge|
If you had this repair completed prior to receipt of this recall notice, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall.
If you take your recreational vehicle to your dealer on the agreed service date and the dealer does not remedy this condition on that date or within three (3) days, please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-283-8267. If you are unable to get this safety defect remedied without charge and/or within a reasonable amount of time after contacting your dealer and Jayco customer service, you may want to contact NHTSA. To submit a written complaint contact the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590; or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153): or go to http://www.safercar.gov..
We certainly regret this inconvenience; however, your safety is our most important priority.
Jayco Towable Products
1 Affected Product
5 Associated Documents
Remedy Instructions and TSB
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Non-Compliance Notice Recall 573 Report
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-4
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- Set of 4 New Premium FREE COUNTRY Radial Trailer Tires 225/75R15 10PR
- Full cap ply ( nylon overlay cross entire tread area), significant upgrade from most other products on the market have nylon strips on shoulder area only, add the critical safety feature!
- Featured "Scuff Guard" ring on tire wall for better tire side protection
- Heavy duty 10 ply rated, load range E. Steel belted, speed rating L----75mph.
- Designed for trailer use only, no rims included
- Tire Size: 225/75R15 Load Range: E
- Tire Weight Rating: 2830 Lbs. Max. Pressure: 80 PSI
- Overall Diameter: 28.2"
- Compatible with popular boat trailer brands such as Alumacraft, Continental, Crestliner, Karavan, Lund, Mako, Nitro, Ranger, Regency, River Pro, Sea Ray, Smoker Craft, Stratos, Striper, Sun Tracker, Tahoe, Tracker, Triton, Triumph, Warrior and Yamaha.
- Compatible with popular utility and cargo trailer brands such as Big Tex, Carry-On, E-Z Hauler, FastTrac, Lark United, Miska, Performance Trailers, PJ, Quality Trailers, Remeq, Road Force, Teske, Top Hat, Triple Crown and Wells Cargo.
- Treadlife: N/A
- Season: All Season
- Performance: Highway
- Car Type: Commercial
- Load Range G, 14-Ply Rated, 14-PR
- 2 tires included, Bolt Pattern: 5 lugs on 4.5", Rim Diameter: 15", Rim Width: 6" ,Tire Size: ST205/75D15, Tire Load Range: C = 6 Ply Construction
- Fit for Trailer Only, Not for other vehicular use
- Built-in rim endows the tire with great strength and support, so the tire won't easy deform
- Made with high-class rubber material in exquisite workmanship, ensures ultra quality and reliability, easy to install
- With exquisite pattern on the tire, it has great anti-slipping feature
- Wide, "see-through" grooves promote drainage efficiency to help improve traction on wet surfaces
- Multi-siping helps deliver dependable grip and long, even wear
- Stable tread with cool running compound helps generate reduced squirm and lower heat for improved handling and durability
- Designed for use on trailers
- Black sidewall
- Built with Durawall Technology to help the sidewall resist cuts and punctures
- Rugged fabric-steel construction offers improved durability and carrying capacity while remaining compatible with tire pressure monitoring systems and typical tire inflation stations
- Scuff Guard helps shield tire sidewall from natural wear and tear
- 15X6 6X5.5 ST225/75R15 10 PR
- LOAD RANGE E 10 PR
- WEIGHT RATING 2830 LBS
- TPMS With Repeater: Blueskysea U8B6 TPMS comes with a signal repeater that can increase the strength of the signal to ensure the reliability of the received signal and not loss car rear tire pressure, max support the distance of 100FT.Compared with other TPMS without repeaters, it has advantages, recommended to install the repeater in the middle of the car to provide a good signal transmission
- Ensure Driver Safety: Tire pressure monitoring system has 5 alarm modes cover high/Low-pressure alarm, high-temperature alarm, air leakage alarm, and sensor low power alarm, know the status of car tires in advance effectively avoid rear-ending Collision, Tyre skid, Tyre air leak, Tyre wear. Alarm by flashing and sound to let you notice the warning tips.
- Real-time Monitoring & 6 External Sensors: Monitor the real-time temperature and pressure of 4-6 tires at the same time with high degree accuracy. Comes with 6 external sensors waterproof IP5K4K, sealed against dust, avoid a variety of harsh climates, and receive real-time signal. Pressure range of the sensors is 116 PSI/8BAR, Temperature alarm value is 65℃/149℉. Support tire position exchange function.
- Easy to Install and Use: Tips：Turn on the TPMS before installing the sensor to each tire. Replaceable CR1632 battery built-in the sensor can work for 1-year, TPMS built-in rechargeable battery and can be connected to car power via USB cable to charging. With two pressure unit "PSI, BAR " and two temperature"℃,℉"
- Our Tire Pressure Monitoring System is suitable for cars with 4-6 tires, such as RV, Motorhome, Tow, Travel Trailer, Pickup, and Truck. It is very necessary to install Blueskysea TPMS, it can help you predict some existing risks and allow you to make necessary responses
- VESAFE tire pressure monitoring system is designed to work on all types and styles of recreational vehicles, including motor home, travel trailer, auto, 5th wheel, etc., It is a safety tool to help drivers understand when their tires are approaching an unsafe conditions, including under-inflation, over-inflation, over-heated and fast leakage.
- This system supports up to 10 tires in the front vehicle and 7 tires in the towed vehicle. Both vehicles can be operated to disconnected or connected. Users can set the standard driving pressure for each axle, and the alarm will be triggered if the pressure is 20% higher or 10% lower than the preset standard pressure. The alarm can be eliminated by pressing any button, however, the LED light will continue to flash until the pressure is restored to the acceptable pressure.
- The tire pressure sensors placed on the valve stems of the tires send a wireless signal to the display monitor mounted in the cab every 5 minutes, however, it transmits immediately if there is any abnormal condition happened. Drivers don’t need to stare at the display during driving. It will give audible and visible alert if something wrong with the tire.
- The pressure range of the sensor is 0-188PSI, with an expected battery life of 2 years. And it’s only 18grams and it will not affect the tire balance. Users can simply replace the battery in the sensor when the display indicate low battery icon on the monitor.
- If you have any questions during your installation or using, please feel free to contact us. Your safety is our business; we look forward to providing you peace of mind during your driving.
- Customizable Leveling: 10 interlocking blocks stack to the desired height for customizable leveling; each block adds a full inch to stack height
- Usage: Can be used with single wheels, double wheels, hydraulic jacks, tongue jacks, stabilizer jacks, 5th wheel jacks and tandem axles
- Carrying Handle: Easily twists to secure blocks together for storage
- Strong and Durable Construction: Resin is UV stabilized for years of rugged use
- Highly Visible: Bright yellow color is highly visible for easy leveling. Compatibility: Compatible with Camco Leveling Blocks. Safe and easy to use: A convenient way to level your vehicle
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API