September 17, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V562000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V562
Manufacturer Forest River, Inc.
Potential Number of Units Affected 975
Forest River, Inc. (Forest River) is recalling certain 2018-2020 Coachmen Sportscoach and Forest River Legacy and 2018-2021 Berkshire motorhomes built on a Daimler Trucks (DTNA) chassis. The tire valve stem extension for the inner wheel may come in contact with the outer wheel rim opening and become damaged.
Forest River will notify owners, and DTNA will make repairs as necessary. The remedy for this recall is still under development. An interim letter was sent on October 13, 2020. Once a final remedy is determined a final notice will be sent. Owners may contact Forest River customer service at 1-800-547-0712 or DTNA customer service at 1-800-547-0712. Forest River's number for this recall is 51-1228. DTNA's number for this recall is FL-861.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
INTERIM OWNER/DEALER NOTIFICATION
A SECONDARY NOTICE WILL FOLLOW WHEN THE REMEDY IS AVAILABLEIS AVAILABLE
NHTSA RECALL: 20V562
CANADA RECALL: 2020-446
FR ID: 51-1228
<<CITY>>, <<ST>> <<ZIP-XXX>>
This Notice applies to your vehicle VIN listed above.
Dear Forest River Customer:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. This notice is also sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Forest River – Office of Corporate Compliance (“OCC”) has decided that a defect, which relates to the motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2021 Berkshire, Legacy, and Coachmen Sportscoach Class A recreational vehicles. This is to inform you that your vehicle may contain a defect that could affect the safety of a person.
WHAT IS THE DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE?
As per DTNA’s recall 20V529, On affected chassis, the tire valve stem extension for the inner wheel may contact the outer wheel rim opening and become damaged. Extensive damage to the valve stem may result in a loss of tire pressure of the inner wheel
EVALUATION OF THE RISK TO THE VEHICLE AND OPERATOR(S) RELATED TO THE RECALL.
As per DTNA’s recall 20V529, Motorhome vehicle drivers may not be required to hold a commercial driver’s license and daily pre-trip inspections may not be required which would enable early detection of the issue. The potentially affected chassis population may not be equipped with a factory tire pressure monitoring system and visual inspection of the inner tire on a single drive axle motor home is difficult due to the close proximity of the motorhome body. Due to the high failure rate and reduced detectability, a loss of air pressure in the inner tire on a vehicle with a single drive axle may result in an overloaded outer tire. While DTNA has not received any reports of an incident related to this defect, extended driving with an overloaded tire may increase the risk of a crash.
WHAT IS DTNA GOING TO DO?
This is the first letter in regard to this recall that you will receive. You will receive another notice when Daimler Trucks North America notifies its dealers and owners that a remedy without charge for this issue is available. If you have questions regarding this notice, please contact the Warranty Campaigns Department at (800) 547-0712, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, e-mail address [email protected]
What if you no longer own this vehicle?
If you no longer own this vehicle and have the address for the current owner, please forward this letter to the new owner within 10 working days after the day in which the notice is received. You have received this letter because government regulations require that a notification is sent to the last known owner of record. Our records indicate that you are the current owner.
PLEASE NOTE: FEDERAL LAW REQUIRES THAT ANY VEHICLE LESSOR RECEIVING THIS RECALL NOTICE MUST FORWARD A COPY OF THIS NOTICE TO THE LESSEE WITHIN TEN DAYS.
MAY DTNA ASSIST YOU FURTHER?
If you have difficulties getting your vehicle repaired, please contact your DTNA Representative listed below:
|DTNA CUSTOMER SERVICE||(800) 547-0712|
10 Affected Products
4 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RIONL-20V562-6651
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)RCMN-20V562-0021
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- Replace worn out valve stems
- 1.25-inch (TR413)
- For .453-inch rim hole
- Includes (2) black valve caps
- Snap-In Tubeless Valve Stem – Created as a Schrader replacement these black tire valve stems can be installed into any standard wheel seamlessly using and let you add a replacement tire valve core effortlessly with a core remover tool.
- Leak-Resistant, Road-Ready Design – The heavy-duty rubber is weather resistant, strong enough to stand up to on- and off-road adventures and won’t leak air or retain moisture even during intense climate or environmental changes.
- Rust-Resistant Brass Tip – Each TR-413 tire valve stem is fitted with a high-quality brass fitting that allows you to safely secure a tire valve stem cap. It also allows for better air flow when you’re filling up tires or checking tire pressure.
- Optimal Stem Valve Length – Valve-Loc valve stems for tires are 1.25” in length and fit wheel hole diameters of 0.453” to ensure they can fit a wide range of common cars, trucks, SUVs, RVs, outdoor recreational vehicles and other standard-sized wheels.
- Complete Black 4-Pack – Every order comes with four individual snap-in, tubeless tire valve stems to make it easier to swap out one at a time as needed, or to replace all stems on your vehicle at once. They’re also backed by our unbeatable service!
- TR-416-S 1" metal clamp in valve stem 4 pack.
- For use with .453" and .625" rim holes.
- High temperature valve core included.
- 1 inch effective length. 1-1/4 inch overall length.
- Nickel finish.
- TR416 Metal Valve Stems - Valve Stem is used to keep the air in a tire. Tire valve stems should be inspected periodically for cracking, leaking or deterioration, and they should be replaced as needed. Vaincre metal valve stems can ensure no air loss occurs while driving the vehicle.
- 2 Types of Diameter Rubber Grommet - Vaincre metal valve stem is suitable for tubeless tire which rim hole 0.453" or 0.625". Choose which one of the black rubber grommet you need. You only use ONE depending on the size of the valve stem hole in the wheel.
- Material - The main part of the valve stems are made of nickel plated brass and the rubber grommets are made of EPDM rubber, making them resistant to rust and corrosion. Vaincre metal valve stems are tough enough to withstand inclement weather or long road trips.
- Specifications - 4 pack TR416 metal valve stems, 1 1/2" inch Effective Length, maximum air pressure is 200 PSI. Complete size is 1.7" L x 0.75" W.
- Standard Auto Metal Valve Stems - The valve stems are easy to install. Replace your valve stem whenever you get new tires to help ensure long tire life, provding safety driving.
- Universal Tire Stem Valve Caps – These dust covers for wheels help keep tires inflated at the proper level on bikes, cars, SUVs, trucks, and other motor vehicles.
- Airtight, Leakproof Seal – Valve-Loc tire valve caps feature rubber O-rings that create a tighter, more effective seal, so there’s no air leaking on long, tough drives.
- Smart, Ergonomic Ridged Grip – Each car tire valve cap also has grips around each dome shape to make it easier to grab and tighten it with your fingers on the fly.
- Complete Valve Stem Cover Pack – Every order comes with 25 individual Valve-Loc tire valve caps in every bag to cover all your automobiles with extras to spare.
- Guaranteed Satisfaction – Valve-Loc products are not only weather-resistant, dustproof, and more durable, they’re backed by unbeatable quality assurance.
- High Quality Brass, Chrome Finish and EPDM Rubber, Long Service Life
- Fits 453" and .625" Valve Holes, 1 1/2" inch Effective Length, Complete Size:1.7" L x 0.75" W
- Hold the Pressure Well, 100% Air Leak Test to Ensure Safety
- 4 Pcs TR-416 Metal Clamp in Valve Stem, Rated for 130 PSI
- Easy to Install, High Temperature Valve Core Included
- Compatible for all vehicle valves as well as air conditioning units
- Assists in the removal of valve cores
- Consists of four valves cores to replace the ones that are removed while working
- Reams inside the valve
- Re-taps threads inside and outside
- Tools Material:Durable plastic handle and robust steel shaft with a corrosion resistant plating these valve cores is copper nickel-plated valve cores .The nickel plating enhances the corrosion resistance of the valve core and valve stem, especially when installing the valve core into an aluminum valve stem.More durable, safe and reliable.
- Easy installation：Handy tool designed to remove and install Schrader and Presta valve cores more simple and quick.
- Premium Quality: Manufacture of valve cores is fully automated, and all Schrader valve cores are 100% leak -tested. Our fully automated manufacturing allows us to offer zero-defect products.
- Wide Application: Suitable for all standard valve cores, car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, electric cars, etc., as well as air conditioning units.
- It's always a good idea to keep some spare valve cores and valve tool handy, ZHSMS valve core toolset is your best choice.
- Constructed of Brass and Ozone Resistant; Black finish; with EPDM Rubber Gasket
- 100% Leak Tested, U.S. Standard and High Quality is Guaranteed; Providing Safe Tire System and Safe Driving
- 43mm Low Profile Design; Designed for Rim Holes 11.5mm ( Φ 0.453" ); 5 pcs/bag
- 43mm/1.69" Overall Length, 41mm/1.62" Effective Length; Holds up to 65psi Cold Pressure
- Used on Most Passenger Cars, Light Trucks, SUVs & Motorcycles
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API