Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
March 2, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V123000
A complete loss of steering can increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V123
Manufacturer Lion Electric Company
Potential Number of Units Affected 95
Lion Electric Company (Lion) is recalling certain 2015-2020 Lion C and Lion 360 electric and diesel school buses. The bolts connecting the pitman arm and I-shaft to the power steering box may loosen, resulting in a complete loss of steering control.
Lion has notified owners, and will replace the pitman and I-shaft bolts. The recall began March 12, 2020. Owners may contact Lion customer service at 1-855-546-6706.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
March 9, 2020
|Customer Address||The Lion Electric Co.
921 Chemin de la Rivière du Nord
Saint-Jérôme (Québec) J7Y 5G2
T (450) 432-5466 F (450) 592-7566
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL 20V123
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Motor
Vehicle Safety Title 49, United States Code Chapter 301, administered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. This is to inform you that your vehicle may contain a defect that could affect the safety of a person.
Description of the vehicle(s) affected by the defect
Model: LionC and Lion360
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): see Appendix A
Recall number issued by NHTSA: 20V123
Description of the defect
The Lion Electric Co. has detected a defect related to motor vehicle safety in certain electric and diesel Lion school buses 2015-2020. The defect which is the subject of this notice relates to the tightening torque applied to the bolts of the pitman arm and the i-shaft, both linked to the power steering box under the hood at the front of the vehicle. The tightening forces of the bolts of these two components are lower than the manufacturing requirements due to the use of inadequate hardware. The mechanical connection between the steering wheel and the wheel should be compromised, which could cause a complete loss of steering and thus cause loss of control of the vehicle. This defect represents an issue for human security and is likely to cause a crash.
The defect will be corrected by replacing the hardware. A Lion representative will contact you to book an appointment at your facility. Lion will cover the costs of this corrective measure. The time required to complete the repair is approximately 25 minutes.
For any question, do not hesitate to contact the service department at the (450) 432-5466 Ext. 229.
If you no longer own this vehicle, please contact Lion provide the new owner information. Lion will then contact the new owner.
If you are the lessor of this vehicle, please forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within 10 days to comply with federal regulations.
If after having attempted to take advantage of this recall you believe you have not been able to have your vehicle remedied without charge and within a reasonable amount of time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington,
D.C. 20590 or call the toll-free vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov
Our priority is to provide you with a product of the highest quality and security levels at all time. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your trust and valuable cooperation.
12 Affected Products
4 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall 573 Report- Amendment 1
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Latest Recalls Documents
- [Durable 3 Jaw Puller Set]: Use the ABN 3, 4, and 6-Inch Small Gear Puller 3 Jaw Small Engine Flywheel Puller Set to remove most shift-fitted parts with ease; 3 prong gear puller evenly distributes pulling force to protect your gears
- [Damage-Free Removal]: Manual bearing pullers remove slide gears, pulleys, bearings, bushings, and flywheels without causing damage to your application
- [Multi-Position Design]: Universal pulley puller tools have reversible jaws that switch from inside to outside grip in short or long reach lengths for maximum versatility; Each tool features 4 reach lengths
- [Built to Last]: Forged and hardened steel provide maximum strength and longevity to the gear puller sets; Slim puller jaws allow for easy gripping and access to tight spaces while the steel center bolt and acme-thread offer smooth operation
- [Works with your Tools]: Tall hex head screw fits your existing hand wrench, ratchet, or combination spanner for gear and bearing removal
- This Puller designed for professional dual-purpose use.
- Easy and safely to remove the stuck on wiper arm.
- Use to remove battery terminal clamp without damage to battery post.
- Jaw opening: 1/16" - 1-1/16" (6-28mm); Outer diameter:1-7/8" (48mm).
- Tighten knurled cone to force jaws under the cable clamp. Also removes bolted on windshield wiper arms that fit over a tapered spline.
- Kit features four yoke slots allowing unit to be used for two or three-hole applications
- 30 Different size bolts included
- The floating swivel prevents damage to the shaft ends
- Yoke is heat-treated alloy steel for strength and durability
- Set includes yoke, pressure screw, and pulling screws in a molded storage case
- Since our 1919 beginning, KD Tools has been driven by innovation
- From our first specialty tool, the Model T valve spring lifter, to our latest Ratcheting Puller, we've built our reputation with tools that make tough jobs easy
- That's why we are the first choice for thousands of automotive technicians worldwide
- DAMAGE-FREE REMOVAL: This Mofeez 3" 4" 6" Inch 3-Jaw Gear Puller – Gear Removal Tool for Slide Gears, Pulley, and Flywheel makes removal simple and damage-free
- BUILT TO LAST: Constructed from forged and hardened steel for strength and longevity; Steel drive screw is cold-rolled and acme-threaded to give you smooth performance even under high stress
- VARIOUS APPLICATIONS: Removes slide gears, pulleys, and flywheels off of a shaft without damage to your application
- 3 OR 6 POSITION DESIGN: The universal and reversible jaws offer versatile inside or outside grip along with short or long reach; The 3-inch gear puller has 3 positions and the 4-inch and 6-inch gear pullers both have 6 positions
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: Included is a 3-inch gear puller with a 4.5-inch jaw spread and 1.5-inch jaw reach, 4-inch gear puller with a 6.25-inch jaw spread and 2.5-inch jaw reach, and a 6-inch gear puller with a 8.75-inch jaw spread and 4.75-inch jaw reach
- Push puller is the best pulling choice when threaded holes are not available
- Solution for many applications like heavy-duty pinion bearings side bearings alternators generators power steering and crankshaft pulleys timing gears and harmonic balancers
- A bearing/pulley tool solution featuring a classic H Bar style puller block accommodating 7 inch to 11 inch application spread
- Comes with 2 sets of forged jaws for a pulling reach range of 5 inch to 9 inch and two forcing screws are included for short and long pulls
- Tempered for heavy-duty applications
- Country of Origin:China
- Package length:9.25"
- Package width:6.5"
- Package height:3.5"
- One Slide hammer assemble 2.5 jaws.For removal of Pilot Bushes Bearings etc. form blind housings.
- Thread:M10×1.5p, M10×1.5p,M8×1.25p, M10×1.5p M6×1.0p.
- Screw adaptors M10x1.5p, M10x1.5p/M8x1.25p, M10x1.5p/M6x1.0p
- Collets sizes:8-11mm 12-17mm 13-23mm 18-23mm 24-29mm 30-34mm 34-38mm 39-43mm 44-48mm 49-53mm 54-58mm
- 1 x Counter stay puller
- For a wide range of pulling jobs including: bearings alternators generators power steering and crankshaft pulleys timing gears and harmonic balancers
- Drop-forged components can be used in a variety of combinations
- Set has a spread of 3 inch to 5 inch
- Set has a reach of 1 inch to 2-1/4 inch
- Housed in a blow-molded plastic storage case
- HEAVY DUTY BEARING PULLERS: Made of rugged drop forged construction and heat treated to withstand difficult and rugged jobs, making this a bearing puller set a long lasting and reliable tool.
- COMPLETE SET: YOTOO bearing separator set comes with 2"&3" bearing splitters,four sets of hex push puller legs and a 5 inch bar type puller head with forcing screw, giving the user options to deal with various pulling jobs.
- VARIOUS PULLING JOBS: YOTOO pulling kit features a bar puller and legs that are perfect solutions to complete pulling jobs safely and successfully.
- WIDELY USE: This bearing puller kit can be used separately or in combination with other pullers and tools, making this tool suitable for beginners or professionals
- WARRANTY&SUPPORT: ONE YEAR WARRANTY. If any problems, please feel free to contact us.
Last update on 2020-03-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-03-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API