January 10, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V010000
If the brake pad becomes dislodged, the scooter can experience a reduced or complete loss of braking, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V010
Manufacturer Genuine Scooters, LLC
Components SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Potential Number of Units Affected 148
Genuine Scooters, LLC. (Genuine Scooters) is recalling certain 2020 Royal Alloy GT150 scooters. The front brake rotor may become uncentered within the front brake caliper allowing the inner brake pad to dislodge from the top of the brake caliper.
Genuine Scooters will notify owners, and dealers will reposition the brake rotors with spacers to prevent the brake pads from dislodging, free of charge. The recall began January 2019. Note: Genuine Scooters requests owners to not drive their scooters. Please have the scooter towed to a dealer for repairs. Roadside assistance coverage has been provided along with owner's warranty so the tow will be free of charge. Owners may contact Genuine Scooters customer service at 1-773-433-1311.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
2020 Royal Alloy Grand Tourer 150 Recall Instructions - EDITED
All 2020 Royal Alloy Grand Tourer 150 models produced in calendar year 2019. Check the manufacture date on the DOT Certification label located on the upper left portion of the legshield to verify the production date if you are unsure.
During operation, the front brake rotor can become uncentered within the front brake caliper causing the innermost brake pad to dislodge from the top of the brake caliper. This could result in reduced or a complete loss of braking ability in both the front and rear brake systems as they are linked.
Recall remedy installation video can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/Af7H4xjVuuI
- Place a large metal punch tool over the head of the brake rotor bolt (1).
- Strike the punch a few times with a hammer prior to extraction. Video: https://youtu.be/UPZp9kqcnnY
- Remove brake rotor mounting bolt and discard.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until all brake rotor bolts have been removed from the wheel.
- Install Spacer (3) supplied between the Wheel (4) and brake Rotor (2) at the mounting point.
- Locate the new rotor mounting bolts supplied in recall parts package. Begin the bolt tightening process by hand to prevent cross-threading and then tighten bolt till snug. DO NOT APPLY THREADLOCK OR TORQUE UNTIL LATER STEP.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 above for the second bolt.
- Repeat step 2 for the third and final mounting location, then place blue thread-locker on the new bolt. Begin the bolt tightening process by hand to prevent cross-threading. Torque bolt to 18.4 ft-lb or 25 Nm.
- Remove one of the previously tightened bolts and apply blue thread-locker. Begin the bolt tightening process by hand to prevent cross-threading. Torque bolt to 18.4 ft-lb or 25 Nm.
- Remove the last of the previously tightened bolts and apply blue thread-locker. Begin the bolt tightening process by hand to prevent cross-threading. Torque bolt to 18.4 ft-lb or 25 Nm.
- Visually verify spacers are installed flush with wheel and rotor. Spin front wheel and visually verify rotor does not wobble from left to right.
- Take vehicle for a test ride to ensure brake system is functioning properly.
- Log into Simply Warranty and complete a warranty claim for each vehicle. We have created a specific part number and labor code for this recall. Enter in Part Number RA-1970, quantity 1. This covers all parts necessary to complete the recall. Enter in Labor Code 1224.
- Once the Simply Warranty claim has been submitted and approved by Genuine, the recall will be recorded as completed and you will receive reimbursement for labor.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
Recall Number: 20V010
This notice applies to your vehicle: [Insert VIN Number]
Dear: [Insert Name]:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Genuine Scooters has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2020 GT150 scooters.
During operation of the scooter, the front brake rotor can become uncentered within the front brake caliper causing the innermost brake pad to dislodge from the top of the brake caliper. This could result in reduced or a complete loss of braking ability in both the front and rear brake systems as they are linked. A loss of braking ability increases the risk of a crash or injury.
Genuine Scooters, the U.S. distributor of the GT150, has provided your dealer with the parts required to repair your scooter free of charge. Please contact your dealer to schedule the repair.
Do not drive your scooter until it has been repaired. Please contact your roadside assistance provider, Driven Solutions, at 800-289-3556. Roadside assistance coverage has been provided along with your warranty so the tow will be free of charge.
If you no longer own the scooter, please forward the new owner information to Genuine Scooters at [email protected] or fax it to (773) 433-1143.
If you are the lessor of this vehicle, please forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days to comply with federal regulations.
If, after having attempted to take advantage of this recall you believe you have not been able to have your scooter remedied without charge and within a reasonable amount of time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC, 20590; or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
We apologize for any inconvenience this safety recall may cause but your safety is our first concern.
Genuine Scooters, LLC
1 Affected Product
|GENUINE SCOOTER||ROYAL ALLOY||2020|
4 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- PREMIUM MATERIAL:The brake disc pad is made of high quality red copper semi-metal,making it lightweight,durable and wearable.
- GOOD PERFORMANCE:The semi-metal brake pad is characterized by its good wear resistance, heat dissipation and high temperature resistance.
- EASY TO USE:The brake pad has perfect mute effect,stable braking force and short running-in time,making it easy to use.
- GOOD REPLACEMENT:It is of high performance with low-cost,a perfect bicycle replacement parts for your electric vehicles.
- SATISFICATION GUARANTEE:If you are not satisfied with our product received, you can apply for unconditional return and refund within 180 days.
- MORE PRACTICAL: Good wear resistance, heat dissipation, high temperature resistance.Even with continuous braking, the wear on the brake pads can be minimized.
- NO NOISE: Perfect mute effect and good comfort, stable braking force and short running-in time, even under the high temperature of continuous braking
- HIGH QUALITY: 100% brand new and high quality.Selected high quality materials, solid and durable.
- EASY TO USE: A perfect bicycle replacement parts, very convenient to use.If you have any questions, please contact us in time.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:If you are not satisfied with our product received, you can apply for unconditional return and refund within 180 days.
- Back Brake Pads
- Package:1 Pair
- Installation pitch: 40mm
- Arrival within 1-2 days (Sold by GOOFIT and Fulfilled by Amazon)
- Arrival within 7-15 days (Ships from and sold by GOOFIT)
- Disc Brake Pads for GY6 49cc 50cc 60cc 72cc 82cc 125cc 150cc.
- Thickness 7mm,Length 49mm heigth 26mm.(Pad Friction Material)
- Distance between the centers of the two mounting holes: 1.57 inch.
- Fits many Chinese scooter brands like Tao Tao, Baccio, Roketa ,TaoTao.
- [Material]: Made of semi-metallic, provides good wear resistance, heat dissipation, high temperature resistance
- [Delivers Smooth Braking]: Minimal noise and rotor protection with coarse resin blend on a steel backing plate
- [High Performance]: Excellent braking power stable performance in wet or dry conditions, with smooth braking in wet and dry performance and good grip
- [Content]: Comes with 4 pairs of brake pads, perfect bicycle replacement parts, very convenient to use
- [100% Satisfaction]: If you have any question about this item, please feel free to contact us, we will help you within 24 hours on week days
- Brake Pad for Dualtron Scooter and Ultra Electric Scoter and New Speedway 4
- This model is suitable for mounting on the front and rear calipers of Minimotors Speedway 4 and Dualtron 1/2 / ULTRA. Other scooters can also be equipped with this pads. please check your original pads, If the size and shape are the same as ours, they are universal .
- Package list: 1 pair(not include the scooter )
- Centre Hole to Centre Hold: 24mm
- Fitting : Most Chinese for ATVs/ Dirt Pit Bikes/ Go Karts /Scooters (4 Wheeler,Quad,Go Cart, Dune Buggy,Moped. 50cc, 70cc,90cc,110cc,125cc,150cc)
- Package included : 1 pair
- Please Read The Size on The Second Pictures and Confirm It Is Same As Your Old one !
Last update on 2021-01-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-01-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API