October 17, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19E070000
Unexpected vehicle movement can increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19E070
Manufacturer Cummins Inc.
Components POWER TRAIN, HYBRID PROPULSION SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 95
Cummins Inc. (Cummins) is recalling certain PowerDrive EV Vehicle Control Units (VCU), part number 300114. Due to a software error, the VCU may activate the anti-roll back feature during slow moving or stop and go conditions, which can cause unexpected vehicle movement.
Cummins will work with the affected vehicle manufacturers and will notify their customers. Cummins dealers will update the VCU software, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Cummins customer service at 1-800-286-6467.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
*** IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL ***
NHTSA Recall No. 19E-070
October, 23th 2019.
Dear Cummins OEM Customer:
We are writing to inform you that Cummins Inc. has determined that a safety-related defect exists in certain Power Drive EV Vehicle Control Units (VCU) that were manufactured between June 7, 2018 and October 9, 2019. Cummins has initiated a recall of the subject Vehicle Control Units. Our records indicate that some of these Vehicle Control Units were shipped to you.
A copy of Cummins’ initial Part 573 Defect Notification report is enclosed. This notification was submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on October 17, 2019. As more fully described in the Defect Notification, the VCU may activate the anti-roll back feature during slow moving stop-and go conditions. If this occurs, the vehicle may experience a brief unexpected motion, possibly increasing the risk of a vehicle crash or injury to passengers or pedestrians.
Enclosed is a list of Vehicle Control Units that our records indicate were shipped to your plants. For Vehicle Control Units installed in vehicles that have left your control, we encourage you to make a safety defect determination in accordance with 49 USC 30118 et seq. and, as appropriate, to submit a Defect Notification to NHTSA in accordance with 49 CFR Part 573. Cummins will conduct the recall, including notifying owners pursuant to 49 CFR Part 577, performing the remedy, and submitting quarterly status reports to NHTSA. Cummins is requesting that you provide the associated vehicle model identification, VINs and owner contact information to facilitate owner notification. Please work with your Cummins account team leader to ensure that the requested information is provided to Cummins as soon as possible.
For VCUs/vehicles that are still in your inventory, please contact Gerardo Leal Villarreal, ph: (956) 270-8470 to arrange for repairs. Please note that Federal law prohibits delivery of these VCUs, or vehicles equipped with these VCUs, under a sale or lease until this condition has been remedied.
Cummins is working to finalize the software update to address this condition and will communicate further this as soon as it is available.
Cummins apologizes for this inconvenience, but we are initiating this action in the interest of our customers’ safety and satisfaction with our products. Thank you for your assistance.
Please confirm receipt of this communication.
Gerardo Leal Villarreal Cummins Inc.
- Cummins Part 573 Defect Notification
- List of Vehicle Control Units
1 Affected Product
|BRAND||PART NO.||PRODUCTION DATES|
|CUMMINS||VEHICLE CONTROL UNIT||06/07/2018 - 10/09/2019|
3 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
|VXDAS Truck Diagnostic Scanner j1939 Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Scanner 9 Pin Xtuner CVD J1708 Bluetooth OBD2 Android Scan Tool for School Bus Motorhomes Motor Coaches Season
|Tuirel Heavy Truck Bluetooth Scanner J1939/J1708 CVD-9 9-Pin Heavy Duty Truck Scanner for MAN, CUMMINS, CAT, Scania, UD, DAF, BENZ, VOLVO etc
|XTOOL HD900 CAN Bus Engine Code Reader Heavy Duty Truck Diesel Scanner OBDII Diagnostic Tool Work for J1587 J1708 and J1939 Protocols
|Heavy Duty Truck Scan Tool NL102 Plus Auto Scanner with DPF/ Sensor Calibration / Oil Reset + Check Engine for Cars; Truck & Car 2 In 1 Code Reader (NL102 Plus)
|XTUNER T1 Heavy Duty Truck Diagnostic Tool Auto Intelligent Diesel OBD Scanner Support WIFI
|Autel Maxisys MS908CV Commercial Vehicle Diagnostic Scanner Scan Tool Specialized for Heavy Duty with J2534 ECU Coding & Programming
Heavy Duty Commercial Truck Reprogramming
|USB-Link 2 (Wi-Fi)
Product Number USBLINK2WF
NEXIQ Technologies Vehicle Interface Utility
The USB-Link 2, the next generation vehicle interface from NEXIQ Technologies, has arrived.
Dependable and rugged, the new USB-Link 2 is five times faster than its predecessor. It has sixteen times more random access memory than the old USB-Link, and it supports heavier bus loads on simultaneous channels. For even more reliability, we’ve upgraded the USB connector to a more robust, automotive grade connector with a latching mechanism. The USB-Link 2 is compatible with a wide range of OEM software applications.
Vehicle Network Protocol Support
- CAN / J1939 / ISO15765 – 250K, 500 K, 1M b/s with Auto Baud detection (3 channels)
- Single wire CAN (SWCAN)
- ISO 11898-3 Fault Tolerant CAN (FTCAN)
- J1850 VPW (Class 2)
- J1850 PWM (SCP)
- ISO 9141 / KWP2000 (ISO 14230) K/L line
- ALDL 9600 and 8192 baud
- ATEC 160 baud
Operating System Support
- Windows Vehicle Communication API
- RP1210 a/b/c
- J2534 (2004 draft)
- J2534-1 partial implementation (commercial vehicle-focused)
- PC Operating System Compatibility
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 & 64 bit)
- Interfaces to Computing Platforms
- USB 2.0
- Wi-Fi (dual band)
Nexiq USB-Link 2 Kit Includes:
- NEXIQ USB-Link 2
- 6-pin/9-pin Deutsch adapter
- Latching USB cable
|Nexiq Blue-Link Mini
Product Number NQ126015
Nexiq Blue Link Mini™ Vehicle Communication Interface
Use Your Mobile Device To Make The Connection!
The Blue-Link Mini is not a supported device for use with DiagnosticLink. For complete details regarding DiagnosticLink, please login with your SSO ID.
The NEXIQ Blue-Link Mini enables you to use either your iOS or Android devices (e.g., smartphones or tablets) to communicate with heavy duty vehicles for quick access to basic diagnostic information. It plugs into the vehicle’s diagnostic connector, and provides wireless communication with on-board electronic control units.
If you are a driver, a service writer, or a service technician using the Blue-Link Mini as a triage tool, wireless vehicle communication was never easier.
NEXIQ Technologies is currently working with the American Trucking Association’s Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) to develop a standardized communication protocol for mobile devices. This standard will make developing applications for the Blue-Link Mini a straightforward task.
- Small—fits in your pocket
- Wireless—no cables required
- Reliable Bluetooth communication
- Fast—lets you quickly gather a snapshot of vehicle statistics
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices (pairs easily with both)
- Integrated 9-pin Deutsch connector
- Simple, one-button design to put the device in Discovery mode
- When paired with an iOS or Android application (e.g., DTNA eLink), provides quick access to:
- Fault codes
- Basic parameters
- Vehicle specs
- Fuel level
Note: For more information on DTNA-eLink, see the Mobile App tab below.
Vehicle Network Protocol Support
- 3 CAN Channels (CAN / J1939 / SO15765 -250K, 500K, 1Mb/s with Auto Baud detection)
|Nexiq 125032 USB Link + Software Diesel Truck Diagnose Inter
|NEXIQ Technologies 124032 USB-Link 2 Connector
|Genuine Dearborn Protocol Adapter (DPA 5) Kit from DG Technologies
|DrewLinQ Heavy Duty Commercial Truck J1939 J1708 Adapter Tool
|Dearborn DPA5 Pro Universal RP1210 Protocol Adapter
For Detroit PSL:
DiagnosticLink Order Site:
DiagnosticLink Direct Link:
DiagnosticLink Through Access Freightliner:
- NL102PLUS HEAVY DUTY diagnostic scanner from NEXAS supports all heavy duty trucks in compliance with standard protocols ( J1587，J1939 and J1708 Class 4- class 8 trucks). And also engine check diagnostic for all passenger cars & light duty vehicles from 1996 on.
- Trucks appliance: for Cummings, for Detroit, for Maxxforce, for Caterpillar, for Freightliner, for International, for Kenworth, for John Deere, for Peterbilt, for Sterling, for Mack, for Paccar, for Westernstar, for Mecedes Benz, for Volvo, for Scania, for Man, for Renault, for ERF, for Foden, for Seddon-Atkinson, for Iveco, for DAF, for SISU, for STEYR, for ISUZU; and all Cars /min vans / light duty from 1996.
- DPF Regeneration And Oil Service Reset: Force DPF regen for Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce, ISUZU, and HINO from 2010 till now . Oil service reset for Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce from 2010 till now . (Note: Water Temperature is higher than 80 Degree and engine at idle speed for at least 10 minutes. )
- Supported Truck Systems: engine, transmission, instrument panel, drivetrain, braking system, suspension, ABS, ESP, EPS, fuel system and more, which are in compliance with J1939, J1708 and J1587 protocols. Generally for American HD trucks ( Class4-Class8) are from 2006 on.
- FREE UPDATE & EXCELLENT SERVICE----2. 8 inch TFT color screen design and user friendly software interface guide you to operate it as easy as pie. We provide one year & lifetime free software online update and professional service team for your any questions within 24 hours.
- LAUNCH X431 HD heavy duty diagnostic configuration is all-in-one tool kit for heavy-duty trucks, offering the most extensive multi-brand coverage and comprehensive diagnostics. Supports 68 brands and over 220 models from America, Europe, Asia, including Freightliner, Kenworth, MAN, Volvo, Isuzu, Bosch, Cummins, Ford, etc. NOTE: Before placing an order, if in doubt, please contact us for a list of models
- Powerful Diagnostic Functions - X431 V+ compliant with standard protocols and applied to heavy duty trucks, diesel engines, constructional machinery, and agricultural machinery. The main functions include cylinder cutout, injector programming, DPF active regeneration and reset, parameters reset, oil change reset, maintenance light reset, clutch adjustment, reading and erasing DTC, reading data stream, reading system information, action testing, etc.
- Best Hardware & Software - Connect module with your truck through cable provided, and connect the module with the tablet via Bluetooth network. Use the X431 APP pre-installed in the tablet to receive diagnostic results. The tablet supplied is designed by Lenovo based on Android 7.0 to display the live data and test results in clear text or graphic formats. This model has a higher hardware configuration, larger storage capacity, faster processor, latest display technology(10" touch screen).
- Equipped with Multiple Interfaces - In the LAUNCH X431 V+ tool box, in addition to modules and tablets, there are 6-Pin OBD, 9-Pin OBD and additional diagnostic connectors for many major truck brands, supports multiple ECU's. Improve work efficiency and save time and money.
- LAUNCH Original Product - As an original heavy duty truck diagnostic scanner, X431 V+ users will get benefit from LAUNCH official 2-year or 24-month FREE software updates. (After 2 year if you choose not to update the software, the LAUNCH tool could still be used as normal just without the new car model being updated).
- ➤【ALL FUNCTIONS IN YOUR HAND】This truck scanner is capable of reading and clearing trouble codes of all major systems of truck , including engine, airbag, transmission,ECU/BCU,VCS,ABS,SRS,EBS,DCU,AT, cluth system/brake system/meter system/battery system/inverter system/hybrid system/immobilizer system,ect. Special Functions perform various component adaptations of the control module under test, allowing you to calibrate or configure certain components after making repairs or replacements.
- ➤【ADVANCED FEATURES FOR TRUCK】Graph live data :Engine speed,Engine ECU temperature,Percent acceleration pedal position,Engine intercooler temperature,Engine coolant temperature,Battery voltage,Alternator voltage,Ambient air temperature,Air inlet temperature,Set measurement units in SAE English/Metric.,Internet upgrade,General Functions :Read ECU Information,Read and Erase Fault codes,Read Live Data,Read Freeze Frame,Graph Live Data,Screenshot Function.
- ➤【EXTENSIVE APPLICATION】HD Trucks: for Freightliner, for Fuso, for GMC,for Hino, International, for Isuzu, for Iveco, for Kenworth, for Mack, for Mercedes, for Nissian UD,Peterbilt, Sterling, for Western Star, for Volvo,for Allison, for Bendix, for Eaton, for Wabco, for ZF,ect.and all Cars /min vans / light duty from 1996.F506 code reader can be also used as a universal OBD II code reader for reading and erasing codes on other brands cars' OBD System.
- ➤【STRONG COMPATIBILITY】Works on most truck with J1708 and J1939 plus OBD2 automotive coverage, and covers Hino, Mishubishi Fuso, Isuzu and Nissan UD commercial vehicles. since 1992 Supports SAE J1850PWM, SAE J1850 VPW, IS0 14230-4, IS0 9141-2,IS0 15765-4, SAE J1708, SAE J1939, OBDII Scan and diagnose fault codes with code defination in the engine, transmission, ABS brake and instrument cluster or body control.
- ➤【WIN IN THE DETAILS】The F506 obd2 scanner comes with new UI, new processor and new software, aims at providing you the best diagnostic experience. One-key update, 3.5”TFT color screen and languages will make you fall in love with it instantly. The response and operating speed increased by 60% at the same time. This durable tool is ruggedly built, perfect for both shop and road tests. It can be used directly out of the box.
- 【HDOBD+OBDII】 LAUNCH CR-HD professional heavy duty truck scan tool will work on J1587, J1708 and J1939 Protocols trucks. Covers class 4 (14,001 lbs) through class 8 (33,000 lbs and over) heavy duty trucks.It does not only work on heavy duty trucks, but also work on 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and 2005 Asian-based cars,light duty trucks (12V only) and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles.
- 【Multisystem Diagnostics】This HDOBD truck code reader will read or clear fault codes on engine, transmission, brake, instrument panel, vehicle management, fuel system, cab climate and particulate control unit, show the live data in text and graph.
- 【Wide Coverage】For Freightliner,Kenworth,Mack,International,Sterling,Paccar,Peterbilt,Caterpillar,Western Star after 2006,For Mercedez-Benz,MAN,Scania,Volvo,Renault,ERF,Foden,Seddon-Atikinson,Iveco,DAF,Sisu, Steyr, Isuzu,Hino after 2012, and all Cars /min vans / light duty from 1996.
- 【Fast and Accuracy】Rapidly communicates to the cars or heavy duty trucks, reads monitor status and identify OBD II communication protocol in 5 seconds. Instantly read and clear error codes,displays the codes definition on the screen,shows data stream and freeze fame,does O2/EVAP/On-board system test.
- 【Humanized Design】Applied 2.8" color LCD with friendly interface,help you more intuitive and better diagnosis. Equipped with 6PIN, 9PIN, and 16PIN diagnostic connectors, which can provide highest quality, most efficient, and most professional diagnostic service.
- JPRO Professional Diagnostic Software, DLA+ 2.0 Adapter, Panasonic Toughbook
- 9-pin Cable, 6-pin Cable, Type-B OBD-II Cables (Ford, GM, Sprinter/Isuzu/Hino, Mack & Volvo), USB Cable
- All makes, all models diagnostic tool provides diagnostic and repair information with bi-directional functionality
- Display over 44,000+ Heavy-Duty & Medium-Duty fault codes with detailed OEM level component and trailer descriptions
- See the entire vehicle in one pass, on one screen, in under a minute
- X5 HEAVY DUTY diagnostic scanner from CREACLE supports all heavy duty trucks in compliance with standard protocols ( J1587?J1939 and J1708 Class 4- class 8 trucks). And also engine check diagnostic for all passenger cars & light duty vehicles from 1996 on.
- TRUCKS APPLIANCE: for Cummings, for Detroit, for Maxxforce, for Caterpillar, for Freightliner, for International, for Kenworth, for John Deere, for Peterbilt, for Sterling, for Mack, for Paccar, for Westernstar, for Mecedes Benz, for Volvo, for Scania, for Man, for Renault, for ERF, for Foden, for Seddon-Atkinson, for Iveco, for DAF, for SISU, for STEYR, for ISUZU; and all Cars /min vans / light duty from 1996.
- DPF REGENERATION AND OIL SERVICE RESET: Force DPF regen for Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce, ISUZU, and HINO from 2010 till now . Oil service reset for Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce from 2010 till now .(Note: Water Temperature is higher than 80 Degree and engine at idle speed for at least 10 minutes.)
- SUPPORTED TRUCK SYSTEMS: engine, transmission, instrument panel, drivetrain, braking system, suspension, ABS, ESP, EPS, fuel system and more, which are in compliance with J1939, J1708 and J1587 protocols. Generally for American HD trucks ( Class4-Class8) are from 2006 on.
- Support Car OBDII Protocols also:SAE J1850 PWM (41.6 kbaud) SAE J1850 VPW (10.4 kbaud) ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud) ISO 14230-4 KWP (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud) ISO 14230-4 KWP (fast init, 10.4 kbaud) ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 500 kbaud) ISO 15765-4 CAN (29 bit ID, 500 kbaud) ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 250 kbaud) ISO 15765-4 CAN (29 bit ID, 250 kbaud)
- Display 2.8’’ TFT color display (320*240) Supported Protocols J1587, J1939, J1708, CAN, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW, ISO9141 and KWP2000
- Working Temperature 0°---60° （32---140° F） Storage Temperature -20—70° （-4—158° F） Input Power 8—36 Volts by vehicles battery Dimensions 255*190*70mm
- Kits Included: NL102PLUS Main Unit, 6PIN Connector, 9PIN Connector, User Manual, USB Cable, Protective Nylon Case
- Packed with top-notch features such as reading and erasing generic codes on engine, transmission, body controller, chassis control, cruise control, ABS, instrument cluster, etc. Displaying DTCs definition, showing live data, vehicle information and ECU information.
- Detailed Vehicle Information is able to be get, such as: Engine Speed, Total Idle Hours/ Fuel Used, Average Fuel Economy, Total Vehicle hours, Total Vehicle Distance, Total PTO Hours, Total Engine Revolutions, and so on.
- A a great deal for class 8 diesel trucks and engines whoever are supported by J1939 or J1587/J1708. Covers most ECU like Cummins, Detroit, Caterpillar, Freightliner, International, Kenworth, John Deere, Peterbilt, Sterling, Mack, Mecedes Benz, VOLVO, etc.
- Powered supply afforded directly by vehicles, comes with both a 6-pin and a 9-pin cable for maximum vehicle compatibility, and a micro USB cahle for update via the Internet.
- We stand behind KYZEE products 100% and guarantee 2 YEARS warranty and support life-time free software update. （Attention, it CAN NOT be updated on MAC SYSTEM !!!）Anything occurs, feel free to contact us, all messages will be replied within 24 hrs
- Truck diagnostic tool T71 works on vehicles which compliance with J1939/J1587/1708 protocol.
- T71 Truck Diagnostic Tool For Heavy Truck and Bus Code Reader,Easy to use with friendly menu truck diagnostic interface
- Functions of Truck Diagnostic Tool T71 including: Reads trouble code, rases trouble codes and resets check engine lights,Identifies and displays Pending Codes,Determines the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) status and so on.
- Truck Diagnostic Tool T71 Update software on Offcial Website.
- T71 Diesel Truck Diagnostic Scanner 24V Heavy Duty Truck Diagnosis Computer Tester Truck Scan Tool for Benz/Isuzu/cummins/iveco/volvo truck.
Last update on 2020-07-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-07-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API