October 16, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V739000
An air hose that drags on the ground may leak air, possibly increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V739
Manufacturer Hyundai Translead
Components SERVICE BRAKES, AIR
Potential Number of Units Affected 34,960
Hyundai Translead will notify owners, and dealers will replace the beam clip, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in November 2019. Owners may contact Hyundai Translead customer service at 1-800-251-0871.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Service Bulletin on Cross Member Beam Clips
Description of Issue:
The beam clip used on this trailer which holds the spring / airlines could potentially fail causing it to detach from the cross member. As such, the beam clip needs to be replaced.
- Visually inspect the unit to identify the number of gray colored beam clips installed.
- Prepare the tools you’ll need to replace the current gray colored beam clip. Set should include a hammer, pliers, and a new Zinc and yellow clip(s).
- With a hammer, tap the current gray colored beam clip backwards without twisting or bending the spring until it comes off of the cross member. Make sure to mark the current location of the existing beam clip prior to removal to ensure that the new beam clip is placed in the same location and functions properly. Failure to install the clip in the correct location could cause spring malfunction or rubbing of hoses.
- Proceed to remove the current gray colored beam clip from the spring by holding it in one hand and the spring in the other hand and slowly twisting the beam clip counterclockwise off the end loop of the spring without twisting or bending the spring.
- Insert the new Zinc and yellow beam clip into the spring by placing the tab of the beam clip between the coils of the end loop and twisting clockwise (without twisting or bending the spring) until it is fully onto the spring and secure.
- Once you place the new Zinc and yellow beam clip into the end loop of the spring, proceed to reattach the clip to the cross member.
- Pick up the new Zinc and yellow colored beam clip with the pliers and place it in the same location where the removed gray beam clip was installed.
- Then use your hammer to attach the new Zinc and yellow beam clip to the cross member with the eyelet of the clip facing down and the spring hanging straight. Do not twist or bend the spring during the installation process as this could cause it to malfunction.
- Finally, inspect the newly attached Zinc and yellow colored beam clip to ensure it is fully attached and the spring is hanging straight.
** You may also refer to the beam clip removal and replacement installation video should you need visual guidance **
NOTE: Clips are not reusable and as such should not be taken off and reinstalled. Please make a record of the beam clip removal and replacement process and dispose of the gray beam clip(s) you removed.
Total time allotted to inspect, remove, and replace beam clip(s) is 15 minutes per trailer
2 Affected Products
|HYUNDAI TRANSLEAD||DRY VAN TRAILER||2018-2019|
3 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latast Recalls Documents
- Grote FRAME CLIP, 10 PACK (99460-5)
- LARGE D RING - heavy-duty cargo tiedown anchor | Assembly break strength: 18,900 pounds | Working Load Limit: 6,300 pounds!
- MADE OUT OF forged steel with a nice raw steel finish, making it a perfect paintable surface. It's at an incredible 5/8" thick. Weld-on clip provided so no extras are necessary.
- SEE IMAGES for detailed dimensions
- RELIABLE, DURABLE, SECURE. Just weld onto your flatbed, truck, trailer, dock, warehouse, or even pickup - it's easy and forever useful.
- DC CARGO MALL is the USA-based manufacturer and seller. We're always here for your happiness; contact via Amazon or call 866.998.0577.
- > COLOR MAY VARY (gold, silver, black) DURABLE SQUARE ETRACK J HOOK TRUCK & TRAILER HANGER TIE-DOWN ACCESSORY WITH SPRING FITTINGS; each hook has a safe assembly strength of 1,200 pounds.
- > THESE HOOKS ARE ONLY FOR E track rails and singles (NOT INCLUDED, available separately) and are also compatible with the A track cargo tie down system
- > These Etrack tie-down hooks have easy THREE SECOND installation - just press the levers on the E track fittings and insert into standard 2.5" x 1" slots on any vertical or horizontal E TRACK trailer tie-down rails or singles.
- > LAST IMAGE includes a detailed mechanical sketch. These J-hook E-track tiedowns have a 4" high back rod and a 1.75" front rod with a 2 inch wide inner clearance to hang all trailer accessories
- > USA-based DC Cargo Mall is the manufacturer and only authorized seller of these Etrack J hook trailer accessories. We offer a 100% payment-back happiness guarantee!
- Hook Style #8
- Two-wheel carrier with hook
- Use with an I-beam track (A208)
- 14 per package
- Etrack NOT included. These Best Selling Shoring Beam Cargo Bar Wood Beam End Socket Shelf Brackets Have E Track Spring Fitting Attachments That Get Inserted Into A Slot On Any Horizontal Or Vertical Etrack rail or single and are also compatible with the A-track trailer tie-down system
- ADD VERSATILITY TO THE CARGO TIE-DOWN SYSTEM In Your Enclosed Trailer, Reefer, Cargo Van, Metal Box Truck, Or RV Camper By Screwing 2" x 4" Wooden Planks Into These Dependable Wood Beam End Sockets To Create Removable Etrack Cargo Bar Load Locks that hold boxes, appliances, and others simple freight loads in their place during transit and unloading
- With These Top-Quality E-Track Wood Beam Sockets, You Can Easily Build Handmade Cargo Tiedown Systems For Your Vehicle; Support Plywood To Create Vertical Level Dividers For Decking Cargo, Multiple Loading Decks And Bunkbeds; And Craft Custom Cabinets And Shelves
- See The 7th Image For A Mechanical Sketch With Detailed Dimensions And Note That These Socket Tiedowns Are Generally Suitable For Use With Standard 2x4s; the 2 bolting holes have diameters of 1/4". This Reliable E Track Beam Socket Tie Down Accessory Is Made Out Of Gold-Colored Hardy Steel That Is Zinc-Coated For Superior Corrosion- And Rust- Resistance As Well As A Lifetime Of Durability; there is no limit to these sockets' performance as its capacity depends on the rail and lumber used.
- DC Cargo Mall Is The Manufacturer And Only Seller Of These Quality Etrack brackets. We are based in the USA and are HERE FOR YOU. If you have any Questions, Comments, Or Interest In Bulk/Custom Orders, our real human NJ-based customer service representatives are ALWAYS Happy To Assist and we stand behind our products with a CONFIDENT 100% Payment-Back 🙂 Guarantee!
- Better accuracy: The distance to spot ratio is 12: 1, meaning the laser grip 774 can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most other Thermometers; for best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of measurement should approximately be 14. 17 inches (36cm)
- Target quicker: measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 716℉/ -50℃ to 380℃, you can choose the unit from ℉/ ℃; response time: ≤500Ms; a built in laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure
- Added functions: the LCD screen is backlit, also has an auto-off function to extend the battery life, and features a low battery indicator so you never accidentally run out of juice (battery included). Storage Temperature: -20-50℃ (-4-122℉). Operating Temperature-0-50℃ (50-122℉)
- Versatile design: infrared technology makes this thermometer handy to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling points and below freezing points; use it when you are cooking and barbequing, performing auto maintenance, doing home repairs, and a host of other tasks
- Note: the thermometer can't measure the internal temperature of an object; temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects, the measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct; FDA, FCC, CE compliant; class 2 laser, optical power 0. 5-0. 9Mw
- This listing is for EIGHT (8) heavy duty beam socket attachments. Model #1845 by Kinedyne Corp., a leader in the cargo control industry.
- Beam sockets are designed to attach to E track via a finger actuated spring clip.
- They are used with both horizontal and vertical E track to create repositionable shelving, an overhead loft, bunk beds etc. Once the beam socket is attached to the E track you would mount a board inside the slot (designed for a 2 x 4 or 2 x 6 boards) allowing you to create a multitude of configurations and designs.
- The steel beam sockets are zinc plated to inhibit rust and corrosion.
- The beam socket measures 4-1/4" high x 3-3/8" long x 1-7/8" wide.
- Made of marine grade polyester canvas with double PU Coating
- Designed for both long-term storage, mooring and highway travel
- Includes adjustable straps and storage bag; 2 Year limited warranty
- Recommend use boat cover support pole system
- Model D - Length:17'-19' Beam width: up to 96"
- Durable plastic construction to create the best piping support
- Compatible with 1/2 in. Pex tubing
- Half clamp hanger design makes supporting and removing pipe easy
- Pack of 50
- Not recommended for CPVC
- NEW AND IMPROVED (ETrack NOT included): This portable, lightweight 14” high x 24” wide wall-hanging storage bag is made out of heavy duty black vinyl material with a DC Cargo Mall logo on it, and can sustain a work load limit of 50 pounds. Heavy duty reinforced stitching on the tabs ensures this pouch is durable and resilient for longtime use in trucks, trailers, docks, warehouses, garages and work stations.
- E TRACK FITTINGS: The 2 Etrack clips sewn onto the back of the bag snap straight into slots on horizontal or vertical Etrack or Atrack rails for a built in storage center. The EZ Track fittings can be easily unclipped for transfer, which means you can take your stored paperwork and lunch with you to the cab and then clip it right back onto the track for the rest of the drive.
- HAPPY HAULING: Reduce chaos and noise by keeping your ratchet straps, buckles, and hardware off the floor of your van or pickup and in a safe, clean place. No more wasting time searching for missing straps and tie-downs! By stowing the cargo accessories around your trailer in this wall-hung storage bag you eliminate the risk of them becoming flying shrapnel in case of accident or bad roads. A tidy trailer makes a happy hauler!
- CONVENIENT AND ORGANIZED: If you have a large cargo, motorcycle or commercial enclosed trailer and not a lot of place to put loose items, this is your efficient solution! This bag keeps your straps, tie-downs rings, cables and gloves SECURE and within easy reach during transit, minimizing damage to your valuables.
- DC CARGO MANUFACTURER: We stand behind our product with a 100% payment back guarantee. Contact us with questions or feedback at 866.998.0577 or email via Amazon. Based in New Jersey with informed and friendly customer service, we’re here for you!
Last update on 2020-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API