October 16, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V739000
An air hose that drags on the ground may leak air, possibly increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V739
Manufacturer Hyundai Translead
Components SERVICE BRAKES, AIR
Potential Number of Units Affected 34,960
Hyundai Translead will notify owners, and dealers will replace the beam clip, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in November 2019. Owners may contact Hyundai Translead customer service at 1-800-251-0871.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Service Bulletin on Cross Member Beam Clips
Description of Issue:
The beam clip used on this trailer which holds the spring / airlines could potentially fail causing it to detach from the cross member. As such, the beam clip needs to be replaced.
- Visually inspect the unit to identify the number of gray colored beam clips installed.
- Prepare the tools you’ll need to replace the current gray colored beam clip. Set should include a hammer, pliers, and a new Zinc and yellow clip(s).
- With a hammer, tap the current gray colored beam clip backwards without twisting or bending the spring until it comes off of the cross member. Make sure to mark the current location of the existing beam clip prior to removal to ensure that the new beam clip is placed in the same location and functions properly. Failure to install the clip in the correct location could cause spring malfunction or rubbing of hoses.
- Proceed to remove the current gray colored beam clip from the spring by holding it in one hand and the spring in the other hand and slowly twisting the beam clip counterclockwise off the end loop of the spring without twisting or bending the spring.
- Insert the new Zinc and yellow beam clip into the spring by placing the tab of the beam clip between the coils of the end loop and twisting clockwise (without twisting or bending the spring) until it is fully onto the spring and secure.
- Once you place the new Zinc and yellow beam clip into the end loop of the spring, proceed to reattach the clip to the cross member.
- Pick up the new Zinc and yellow colored beam clip with the pliers and place it in the same location where the removed gray beam clip was installed.
- Then use your hammer to attach the new Zinc and yellow beam clip to the cross member with the eyelet of the clip facing down and the spring hanging straight. Do not twist or bend the spring during the installation process as this could cause it to malfunction.
- Finally, inspect the newly attached Zinc and yellow colored beam clip to ensure it is fully attached and the spring is hanging straight.
** You may also refer to the beam clip removal and replacement installation video should you need visual guidance **
NOTE: Clips are not reusable and as such should not be taken off and reinstalled. Please make a record of the beam clip removal and replacement process and dispose of the gray beam clip(s) you removed.
Total time allotted to inspect, remove, and replace beam clip(s) is 15 minutes per trailer
2 Affected Products
|HYUNDAI TRANSLEAD||DRY VAN TRAILER||2018-2019|
3 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latast Recalls Documents
- Grote FRAME CLIP, 10 PACK (99460-5)
- These Best Selling Shoring Beam Cargo Bar Wood Beam End Socket Shelf Brackets Have E Track Spring Fitting Attachments That You Can Insert Into A Slot On Etrack rails or singles and are also compatible with the A-track trailer tie-down system
- Look at the 7th Picture For A Mechanical Sketch that has Detailed Dimensions And Note That These Socket Tiedowns Are Generally Suitable For Use With Standard 2x4s (despite their listed width of 1.91”). The 2 bolting holes have diameters of 1/4". This Reliable E Track Beam Socket Tie Down Accessory Is Made Out Of Hardy Steel That Is Zinc-Coated For Superior Resistance to Corrosion and Rust.
- Just screw 2" x 4" Wooden Beams into These Heavy Duty Wood Beam End Sockets; Then Take Advantage Of The Versatility And Universal Use Of The E Track Tie-Down System – press the spring lever and clip the bracket into an E-track slot. If you attach one of these sockets to each end of the beam, you’ll have created your own Removable Cargo Bar Load Lock that ties down boxes, appliances, and other freight loads during transit and unloading
- With These Top-Quality E-Track Wood Beam Sockets, You Can Easily Build Handmade Cargo Tiedown Systems For Your Vehicle - Support Plywood To Create Multiple Cargo Levels, Bunkbeds, And Custom Cabinets And Shelves
- DC Cargo Mall Is The Manufacturer And Only Seller Of These Quality Etrack brackets. We’re based in the USA and we’re HERE FOR YOU. If you have any Questions, Comments, or Interest in Bulk or Custom Orders, our real human NJ-based customer service reps are ALWAYS Glad to Assist and we stand behind our products with a CONFIDENT 100% Payment-Back Guarantee.
- Set of two heavy-duty pontoon guide-ons for improved overall loading and stability
- 2. 5" industrial-grade steel frame with non-marking PVC coating; 30" overall height
- Zinc-coated for freshwater corrosion-resistance, not intended for use in saltwater or brackish water
- Designed to install easily over 2" wide x 3" tall cross members
- Hardware kits are available for trailers up to 2" wide x 6" tall - See Extreme Max part number 3005. 3784
- 10 Heavy Duty Spring E Fittings
- Weld On Any Accessories
- Gold Finished with Coating to Prevent Rust
- This pack only includes the fittings, no track.
- This listing is for EIGHT (8) heavy duty beam socket attachments. Model #1845 by Kinedyne Corp., a leader in the cargo control industry.
- Beam sockets are designed to attach to E track via a finger actuated spring clip.
- They are used with both horizontal and vertical E track to create repositionable shelving, an overhead loft, bunk beds etc. Once the beam socket is attached to the E track you would mount a board inside the slot (designed for a 2 x 4 or 2 x 6 boards) allowing you to create a multitude of configurations and designs.
- The steel beam sockets are zinc plated to inhibit rust and corrosion.
- The beam socket measures 4-1/4" high x 3-3/8" long x 1-7/8" wide.
- FOUR WOOD BEAM SOCKETS These wood beam sockets are a best-seller. If you enjoy creating your own work, these are perfect. They are most often used for making wood beam load lock cargo bars (great for 2x4s), but are also used to create bunkbeds, false floors/ceilings and multiple decking levels, cabinets and shelves, and other DIY projects. See the pictures for a sampling of customer pictures - and send us your own!
- TEN O RING TIEDOWNS O rings are the Holy Grail of tie-down accessories. Click into slots to help tiedown cars, tractors, yachts, bikes, refrigerators - anything. The spring fittings clip into E-track slots and the O-rings act as anchors for S and J hook straps, strings, ropes, soft loops, cables, and other tiedowns. These Oring anchors are made of solid steel, with an incredible assembly strength of 4500 pounds EACH and a safe working limit of 1500 pounds each.
- EIGHT RAIL END CAPS These Etrack end caps clip perfectly into the ends of your horizontal Etracks. They will, unfortunately, block the last slot from being used, but they seal off the ends to prevent items from getting caught on the rails and getting stuck inside. They are a smooth black and add a nice finish to your tiedown system.
- EIGHT ROPE TIE-OFFS Rope tie-offs (like the ones found in this 4-pack) are real handy. Just clip insert into any slot and use as an anchor for your ropes, cables, S hook straps, etc. Especially perfect for securing boats and motorcycles. They each have an assembly break strength of 3,000 pounds and a safe working load limit of 1,000 pound.
- DC CARGO MALL is the USA-based manufacturer and authorized seller. We're always here for you; contact via Amazon or call 866.998.0577
- SECURE your cargo in trucks, trailers, and reefers! These E-track cargo bar load locks are STRONG, DEPENDABLE, AND STABLE. Prevent your cargo from shifting on curvy roads, rocky mountains, and speed bumps.
- BONUS USES: these SECURING cargo rods can be used to organize your trailers. Mount them on parallel walls to create ORGANIZED sections or use as decking beams to SUPPORT shelves
- Made out of DURABLE, sleek, and lightweight aluminum | NOTE that this bar will ONLY work for with the universal E TRACK tie down system - rails not included
- UNIVERSAL & SIMPLE: Thumb press E-track fitting works with all Etrack rails, EASY enough to click with gloves!
- DC Cargo Mall: Value, service, happiness, options. We're HERE FOR YOU!
- Made of marine grade polyester canvas with double PU Coating
- Designed for both long-term storage, mooring and highway travel
- Includes adjustable straps and storage bag; 2 Year limited warranty
- Recommend use boat cover support pole system
- Model H - Length:23'-24' Beam width: up to 102"
- For center console style boats with T-Top roofs with boat length 17-19 feet long and beam width up to 102 inches.
- Heavy-duty 600D boat cover designed for both long-term storage.
- Integrated buckle and strap system for easy fitting, adjustable straps snap into quick-release buckles on the cover.
- Includes stuff sack storage bag, cover support pole to prevent water pooling, and straps.
- Five-year limited warranty.
Last update on 2019-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API