January 16, 2018
NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V059
Manufacturer Liberty Outdoors, LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 62
Liberty Outdoors, LLC (Liberty) is recalling certain 2018 Little Guy Max recreational trailers, equipped with a Smart-Jack model power tongue jack. The laminated plastic touch pad on the jack may crack or separate allowing water to enter, potentially causing the jack to operate unintentionally.
Liberty will notify owners, and dealers will replace the power tongue jack, free of charge. The recall began on February 27, 2018. Owners may contact Liberty customer service at 1-877-545-4897. Liberty's number for this recall is LOR-001.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
NHTSA Recall Campaign # 18V-059
Liberty Outdoors Recall # LOR-001
February 8, 2018
Dear Valued Customer,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
REASON FOR THIS RECALL:
Liberty Outdoors, LLC (Liberty Outdoors) was notified that Lippert Components, Inc. (“LCI”) has conducted a thorough investigation and decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in vehicles equipped with a certain LCI Power Tongue Jack (the “SMART Jack”) for installation and use on towable recreational vehicles. There is the potential of a structural fracture of the top portion of the SMART Jack which may allow water intrusion and unintended movement of the SMART Jack. If the jack retracts or extends unintentionally, it can increase the risk of injury to those within the trailer or increase the risk of a crash if the jack moves while the trailer is being towed. These SMART Jack’s were installed on certain 2018 Little Guy Max travel trailers between 5/31/2017 and 7/31/2017.
The recall remedy is for a Liberty Outdoors dealer to remove the defective SMART Jack and install a brand new replacement. LCI will supply the replacement SMART Jack(s) (Recall Part # 717818), to replace on the unit. The recall remedy should take approximately ½ hour and will be completed at no cost to you. The parts for the remedy are currently available.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
Below are the steps to find out if your unit is affected. If you believe you have an affected unit you must contact your selling or nearest Liberty Outdoors dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. If there is no Liberty Outdoors dealer within a reasonable distance please contact us at 877-545-4897 or [email protected] so we can make other arrangements. LCI and Liberty Outdoors will coordinate with your dealership the shipment of the replacement products and payment of the labor charges.
This recall is not able to be tracked by VIN. All owners will be notified by mail of this recall.
Below are the steps to find out if your unit is affected:
1) Look at the shaft of the Smart Jack under the bottom of the motor cover (Fig. 1A).
A. If the serial number on the sticker is 2017-07-0001 or higher (Fig. 1B) the jack is NOT to be changed.
Federal regulations require that any vehicle lessor receiving this notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days
If after contacting LCI’s Customer Service and Liberty Outdoor’s Customer Service you are still not satisfied we have done our best to remedy this situation, you may also submit a written complaint to: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey
Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20590. You may call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY:1-800-424-9153; or go to http://www.safercar.gov.)
We apologize for any inconvenience this recall may cause you. Your safety and quality of our products are very important to us. Thank you for your attention and cooperation in this matter.
Liberty Outdoors, LLC
1 Affected Product
|LIBERTY||LITTLE GUY MAX||2018|
5 Associated Documents
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall 573 Report- Amendment 2
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-1
Latest Recalls Documents
- EASY INSTALLATION — Complete with all necessary hardware and pins, installation for the Power Tongue Jack is fast and simple, so you can get to lowering and raising your equipment in no time
- TIME-SAVING — Say goodbye to cranking your manual jack. With the push of a button, you can raise or lower your a-frame trailer in a fraction of the time, without breaking a sweat
- INTEGRATED LIGHTING — Four integrated LED lights illuminate the ball and coupler, so you can operate your jack at night, worry-free
- POWERFULLY ENGINEERED — Built to do heavy lifting, the Power Tongue Jack has a 3,500 lb. lift capacity, helical-cut gears, 30 AMPs of power, and a 12V motor — all designed to get the job done, quietly and efficiently, so you don't have to
- BUILT TOUGH — Made from heavy-gauge, steel construction, a durable, textured housing that prevents chips and cracks, and a black powder-coat finish — this jack was designed to operate, day after day
- The JQ-3500 electric tongue jack boasts a maximum lift capacity 3,650 lbs.
- 2.25" post diameter is the standard tongue jack size, making it easy to install into existing jack mounting holes
- Water-resistant electrical components and heavy-duty steel gears sit beneath the clean, sleek plastic housing
- Each JQ-3500 jack includes a manual crank override, bubble-style leveling cap, LED work light, and a heavy-duty weatherproof vinyl cover
- WEIZE A-Frame electric trailer jack features 3,500 lbs. lift capacity, a low maintenance 12V DC electric gear motor, a adjustable drop-leg and a LED light that added safety.
- The heavy duty power tongue jack provides 18” lift, retracted 9 inch, extended 27”, drop leg extra 5-5/8” lift. Outer tube dia.: 2-1/4", inner tube dia.: 2"
- The electric rv jack allows you to raise or lower any A-frame trailer with the push of a button, quicker and easier than hand cranking.
- This electric tongue jack fits for rv, 5th wheels, and all types of trailers. It really helps to save your time and energy instead of cranking a manually operated jack.
- We guarantee this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship, 1-Year warranty because of quality problems from the date of purchase. Limitations apply.
- 3,500 pound lifting capacity
- 2.25 inch diameter outer post
- Night light
- Attached foot pad
- This Listing Is For One New Super Heavy-Duty Power Tongue Jack - Electric Or Manual Operation.
- This Jack Comes In A Kit That Includes Star Washers & A Manual Crank Handle.
- This Super Heavy-Duty Model Offers Front-End Illumination, Water Resistant Switches, & Speedy Operation & Stability In Its 6" Wide Base.
- 18" Stroke & A Retracted Height Of 29" With The Foot Pad Extension.
- For User Safety & To Avoid Damaging Of Internal Components, An Internal 25A Auto-Reset Breaker Is Installed In Each Jack.
- Powered A-Frame Jack with heavy duty 4000 lbs. lift capacity
- Exclusive Spring Loaded Drop Leg Pull Pin provides 22" of total travel -14" travel plus 8" drop leg makes access easy, even when a weight distribution system is present
- Single-Axis Level makes level deployment easy
- Emergency Manual Override allows operation when battery is drained
- 3 LED Courtesy Lights make hooking up and disconnecting at night easy Illuminates coupler area
- 🚐【3500lbs Power Tongue Jack】: Heavy duty electric trailer jack A-frame built in a low maintenance 12V DC electric gear motor to lift trailer stably UP TO 3600LBS..
- 🚐【 Adjustable Height】: Adjustable 5 gear drop leg make electric trailer jack increase 8" height to meet the different lifting needs. Max extended height is 22” lift, fully retracted in 9".
- 🚐【Saving Time & Energy 】: Just push the button of the electric rv jack will raise or lower any A-frame trailer automatically more quicker but without harsh sound & easier than hand cranking. No longer annoyed by sore arms and shoulders.
- 🚐【Safe Operation】: Electric trailer jack with 2 LED lights for easy and safety night time hookup. And built-in circuit breaker, if in accident, it will disconnect automatically & reconnect about 2 mins later.
- 🚐【Wide Applicantion】: Electric tongue jack made of heavy-duty steel with anti-rust coating on the outside, a hand crank & Weatherproof Jack Cover good for rv, 5th wheels, any A-frame trailer and camper.
- powerful solution — equipped with 2-way to 7-way powering system, so campers can use the power swap auxiliary cord to connect their jack to their tow vehicle, instead of draining power from their rv or manually cranking to lift and lower their rv. and when you’re done, store your cord in your jack’s built-in storage inlet to keep it safe from damage.
- innovative versatility — every jack comes with an integrated safety chain storage ring — allowing you to clip your chains out of your way instead of dragging them or wrapping them around your jack.
- stylishly durable — this jack comes with a sleek, durable plastic head-cover to keep it protected from the elements. the cover’s one-piece design is aesthetically pleasing and helps keep water from infiltrating the jack’s motor and gears.
- user-friendly operation — built-in led lights shine directly down on your trailer coupler — making it easy to see and operate your power stance jack at night. plus, these lights are designed to illuminate for 5 minutes, then turn off if not in use.
- thoughtful engineering — in the event of a power failure, this jack is equipped with an emergency manual crank option so you never have to worry about being stranded.
- Featured slim design to save sapce, Stroke 20% faster but powerful and quiet
- 8" 5-step adjustable drpop leg with over size 5.5" diameter foot plate, with rain water drain holes
- Bright LED light for night operation; Emergency detachable hand crank included
- One-piece motore cover, stainless steel screes/botls outside cover never rust! Powder coated outer tube and zinc plated inner tube for rust resistant
- 14" stroke trevel lifting + 8" drop leg; 3500lbs lifting capacity; 12V operation, 55" power cord
- Featured slim desgin, Stroke 20% faster but powerful and quiet.
- Bright LED light for night operation; Emergency detachable hand crank included,mounting hardware inlcuded!
- One-Piece motor cover preventing rain damge, Stainless steel screws/bolts outside motor cover never rust! Powder coated outer tube
- 8" 5-step adjustable drop leg; Over size 5.5" diameter foot plate, more stable support, rain water drain holes on foot plate.
- 14" lifting capacity; 3500lbs lifting capacity; 12V operation, 55" power cord
Last update on 2021-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API