March 6, 2019
The damaged hitch may result in the towed vehicle separating from the motorhome, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V178
Manufacturer Entegra Coach
Components TRAILER HITCHES
Potential Number of Units Affected 39
Entegra Coach (Entegra) is recalling certain 2019-2020 Entegra Reatta motorhomes. While the motorhome was being delivered, the tow hitch may have been damaged, compromising the motorhome's ability to safely tow vehicles.
Entegra has notified owners, and dealers will replace the hitch, free of charge. The recall began March 15, 2019. Owners may contact Entegra's customer service at 1-800-517-9137. Entegra's number for this recall is 9903429.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Safety Recall: Jayco 19V-177
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This Notice Applies to Your Recreational Vehicle «vin»
Dear Valued Customer:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
|Reason for this recall||The hitch receiver on your motorhome may have been compromised during delivery of the chassis to our production facility. The hitch may have fractured at the receiver opening. The fracture may not be visible to the naked eye. Failure of the hitch can increase the risk of crash or injury.|
|Recall Remedy||An authorized Dealer will remove and replace the hitch free of charge. The Recall Remedy will take aproxiatmetly 2 hours. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE HITCH UNTIL THE RECALL REMEDY IS PERFORMED .|
|What we need you to do||Please contact a Jayco Authorized Dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment to have this remedy completed free of charge.|
If you had this repair completed prior to receipt of this recall notice, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall.
If you take your recreational vehicle to your dealer on the agreed service date and the dealer does not remedy this condition on that date or within three (3) days, please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-517-9137. If after contacting your dealer and Customer Service you are not able to have the safety defect remedied without charge and/or within a reasonable time, you may wish to submit a written complaint to the Administrator, national Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590; or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-3274236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153): or go to http://www.safercar.gov. Federal regulations require that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
We certainly regret this inconvenience; however, your safety is our most important priority.
Jayco Motorized/Entegra Coach
2 Affected Products
7 Associated Documents
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Defect Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 19V-177 178 Dlr Ltr
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
Miscellaneous Document - 19V-177 178 Order Form
Remedy Instructions and TSB
- DEPENDABLE STRENGTH. Rated to tow 7,500 pounds gross trailer weight and 750 pounds tongue weight, this ball hitch offers dependability for your towing setup. It is constructed from welded steel and has a hollow shank.
- VERSATILE USE. This trailer hitch ball mount comes with a 2-inch x 2-inch shank to fit virtually any industry-standard 2-inch receiver. The ball mount has a 2-inch drop, 2-inch diameter trailer hitch ball, 5/8-inch hitch pin hole and 8-1/4-inch overall length.
- READY TO TOW. Hitching up your trailer is easy with this ready-to-use trailer hitch ball mount. It comes with a pre-attached tow ball for ready coupling and a trailer hitch pin to securely mount onto your hitch receiver. CNC-formed, robotically welded and mechanically descaled for a perfect fit
- CORROSION-RESISTANT. For long-lasting use, this ball hitch is protected with a durable black powder coat finish, and the trailer ball has a polished chrome plating. These finishes resist damage from rain, dirt, snow, road salt and other corrosive threats.
- EASY TO INSTALL. To install the trailer hitch ball mount on your vehicle, simply insert the shank into your vehicle's 2-inch hitch receiver. The rounded shank makes installation easy, and the included hitch pin and pre-torqued trailer ball allow for immediate coupling of your trailer.
- Fits 2 inch x 2 inch hitch box opening
- 6000 pound capacity
- Steel black powdercoated high quality draw bar with 2 inch drop and .75 inch rise and features a shank measuring 9 inches in length, 1 inch in diameter
- 2 inch chrome hitch ball included and pin and clip included
- Allows for turning clearance and helps to adjust trailer level
- HIGHLY VERSATILE. Adapt your trailer hitch to any towing situation with the highly versatile and easily adjustable design of this adjustable ball mount. The channel-style shank can be flipped to provide up to a 6-inch drop or 5-1/4-inch rise.
- SMOOTH TOWING. For a smoother, quieter ride while towing your trailer, this adjustable drop hitch comes with a built-in anti-rattle feature, deterring vibrations, chucking and rattling at the coupling point.
- POWERFUL BUILD. Constructed from high-strength steel, this adjustable hitch ball mount is ready to work. The 2-inch ball is rated for a capacity of 10,000 lbs., and the 2-5/16-inch ball for 14,000 lbs.
- PRECISE FIT. This adjustable ball hitch comes with a standard shank to fit virtually any standard 2-inch x 2-inch trailer hitch receiver. It's perfect for most class 3, class 4 and class 5 hitches.
- WEATHER-RESISTANT. To protect it against rain, dirt, road grime and salt, this adjustable ball mount is shielded in a durable carbide black powder coat finish, and the dual ball attachment is protected with a corrosion-resistant zinc plating.
- BEST ADJUSTABLE BALL MOUNT WITH A 6 INCH DROP AND RISE TO MAKE ALL YOUR TOWING SITUATIONS A BREEZE: Enjoy a 6" drop and a 6" rise, allowing you to adjust your hitch to the perfect level to make your towing quick, simple, and easy! No need to worry about borrowing someone else's trailer and having the wrong drop!
- ENJOY HAVING A LIGHTWEIGHT HITCH, KNOWING YOU STILL HAVE HEAVY-DUTY TOWING CAPACITY OF 8,000 LBS WITH THE 2" BALL, AND 10,000 LBS WITH THE 2-5/16" BALL AND A 1,500/10,000 LB RATING: The aluminum is lightweight, making the Rapid Hitch easy to move on and off... but don't let it's light weight fool you! The 3410 meets V5 and SAE J684 Certifications and is MADE IN THE USA.
- ENJOY HAVING A PLATED STEEL DUAL BALL ON HAND TO EASILY GO FROM A 2" BALL TO A 2-5/16" BALL! Let's face it - it's called RAPID for a reason! Rapidly adjust the ball mount height by pulling the pin, adjust to the desired height, slip the pin back in place... and DONE! Need to change the ball size? Same thing! Pull the pin, swivel the dual ball around, and done! One adjustable ball mount hitch for all kinds of trailers and towing applications!
- FREE ANDERSEN BUMPER STICKERS + EASY MAINTENANCE & LONGEVITY SO YOUR HITCH CAN LOOK NEW ALL THE TIME: The polished aluminum rack won't rust, chip, or peel. No more rusty, gross-looking hitch on the end of your truck! It's EASY to keep your hitch looking shiny and new!
- THE RAPID HITCH 3410 FITS ALL STANDARD 2" RECEIVERS - BUT HERE ARE SOME OTHER THINGS YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW: If you have a 2-1/2" receiver, you'll need a sleeve (Andersen Hitches #3800) OR check out the Rapid Hitch #3410-25. Locking Pins are sold separately (Andersen Hitches #3492).
- 2" Receiver Tube Opening
- No drilling required; Product does NOT include installation hardware.
- Never exceed vehicle weight rating
- Hitch Ball sold separately
- Made in USA. Limited lifetime warranty to original purchaser
- Hitch ball sizes of 1-7/8 inches 2 inches and 2-5/16 inches
- Length of 8 inches
- Up to 200 pounds tongue weight and gross towing weight of 2000 pounds for 1-7/8 inch hitch ball 600 pounds tongue weight and gross towing weight of 6000 pounds for 2 inch hitch ball
- Up to 1000 pounds tongue weight and gross towing weight of 10000 pounds for 2-5/16 inch hitch ball and 10000 pounds gross towing weight for hook
- You should always consult the vehicles owners manual for maximum towing capacity
- Fit standard 2" x 2" Class III and IV hitch receivers; Features universal 1" ball shaft hole
- Adjustable drop at 5", 6-1/2", 8" and 9-1/2"; Adjustable rise at 3-3/4", 5-1/4", 6-3/4" and 8-1/4"; Provides maximum flexibility when adjusting tow height.
- 5000-Pounds Maximum Gross Trailer Weight Capacity; Manufactured and tested to meet SAE standards
- Heavy duty black powder coat finish to resist rust and corrosion
- Shank Length - 10-3/4 inches
- Hitch ball size: 1-7/8 inch; 2 inch; 2-5/16 inch
- Receiver size: 2 inch
- Length: 10 inch
- Weight rating 2000/5000/7500 pounds
- Heavy duty black powder coat finish, black hitch ball
- DEPENDABLE STRENGTH. This trailer hitch is rated for 3, 500 lbs. gross trailer weight, 350 lbs. tongue weight, 5, 000 lbs. weight distribution capacity and 500 lbs. weight distribution tongue weight (limited to lowest-rated towing component)
- VERSATILE DESIGN. This class 3 hitch equips your vehicle with a standard 2-inch x 2-inch hitch receiver, allowing for a wide variety of towing options. It can accept a ball mount, cargo carrier, bike rack, tow hook and much more. Material Carbon: Steel
- FULLY TESTED. Every CURT class 3 trailer hitch design is tested in real-world, on-vehicle conditions at our Detroit engineering facility. Hitches are tested according to SAE J684 standards for the utmost safety and reliability while towing
- RUST, CHIP, UV-RESISTANT. This tow hitch is protected with a unique dual-coat finish of rust-resistant liquid Bonderite and highly durable black powder coat. The two finishes are co-cured together for exceptional resistance to rust, chipping and UV rays
- EASY TO INSTALL. Trailer hitch installation of this class 3 hitch is made easier with its vehicle-specific design. This hitch offers a custom fit on select models of the Toyota Sienna, and it comes with all necessary hardware for a complete installation on the vehicle
- Designed to complement today's trucks, vans and sport utility vehicles, attach directly to the frame with no drilling or welding necessary
- 2 inch square receiver tube opening and solid all-welded construction for maximum strength and durability
- The A-Coat base with black powder coat finish is resistant to adverse weather conditions and corrosion, ensures an attractive appearance for years to come
- Computer-Aided design and fatigue stress tested to ensure perfect fit and top towing performance, backed by Draw-Tite's Nationwide Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Rated at 675/4,500 lbs. (TW/GTW) weight carrying (WC) and 675/4,500 lbs. (TW/GTW) weight distributing (WD), always consult your vehicle's owner's manual for actual weight capacities
Last update on 2019-07-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-07-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API