March 10, 2023 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 23V161000
The inability to enter or exit the vehicle in an emergency increases the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 23V161
Manufacturer Kibbi, LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 63
Dealers will inspect and replace the door latch, as necessary, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed April 7, 2023. Owners may contact Kibbi customer service at 1-574-966-0196.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Lippert determined an issue which relates to motor vehicle safety may exist in certain entry doors for motorized RV product built with Global Link Motorized Rotary Latch MRL-41210-2006.
Lippert informed Renegade RV and Rev Recreation Group on 2/23/2023 of their decision to file equipment recall 23E-008 with NHTSA. Renegade and REV Recreation Group began an investigation into the units affected and compiled a list of potentially affected vehicles.
23E008 Entry Door Latch Failure – Lippert Global Latches LK702
6 Affected Products
2 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-23V161-6606
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- Latch for Passenger side door - Lock & Catches Right Hand Screen Door Latch with Screws
- Universal, secures the screed door to the entry door
- Mounting holes are 3 inch on center
- Mounting screws included
- OEM T-Style RV Door Holder 3-1/2" White
- Constructed of Durable Plastic
- Direct Replacement for Many OEM Installs
- Mounting Screws NOT INCLUDED
- #Engineering Plastic Design, Also Durable For Outdoor Using# This Engineering plastic material widely be used in automotive industry, can withstand 250-390℉ high temperature, with better impact resistance, and not easy to get rust or corrosion, long-term lasting used,generally not get damaged by external interference. Helps protecting your property and safe on the RV/Camper/Motorhome/Trailer Car effectively.
- #An Affordable Lock Replacement# TrampgiK Engineering Plastic camper door look latch design to fit for most entrance door in the traveler camper market.Such as 5th wheel car, travel trailers, RV car and travel campers,fit for 3.65" x 2.95" x 1.5" door openings hole. Light-weight and portable, 10mins installation or replace, also benefit for family who travel with rented car to reduce lock changing costs.
- #Refuse master keys,individualized keys give higher security# TrampgiK keys are laser cut keys, each set of locks have self-individualized key number. Make key difference in different lock set. Only if provided the order which has purchased in our store,we could help customization keys. Do not worry about other could get master keys and break in your camper home.
- #6pcs Key Aliked for backup# Each locks set will have its own keycode, also, TrampgiK provide 6pcs same keys in 1 lock set at least.Enough keys quantity to rv for family to get into when you are not around. Spare keys also help avoid the dilemma of loss or damage, help keep good mood, make your journey worry free
- #3 year warranty service,long-term no worries# 24 hours response on weekdays. Any question before purchasing, or need help after-sales, welcome free to contact us for help.
- 4 Inches T Style Entry Door Latch Catch Holder Stainless Steel
- Direct Replacement for Many OEM Installs
- Entry door holder
- Plastic construction
- Used to hold entry door in open position
- Installation hardware included
- 💛【NEW UPGRADE】Selected high-quality aluminium alloy materials, corrosion resistance,compared to zinc alloy, it is lighter and more affordable, can provide years of reliability and durability in long-term outdoor use.
- 💛【SHOCKPROOF & WATERPROOF】MKING RV entry door Lock have all metal finish and sealing gasket, allows it to be water proof and shock proof, ensuring Your Travel Safety.And the newly upgraded trailer door lock is more aesthetically pleasing.
- 💛【SAFE AND RELIABLE】The built-in deadbolt can lock the door from the inside to improve the security of the Camper Rv and prevent thieves from entering.Double rv entry door lock structure, making sure that your camper is safely locked whenever you need is not aluxury, it's a responsibility.
- 💛【SCOPE OF APPLICATION】MKING RV door lock latch suitable for most RV doors, hole cutout 2.67'' x 3.6'', door thickness from 1.25" to 1.50", occupying less area of the car doors,widely used in RV, travel trailers, campers, trucks, horse trailers, cargo transport vehicles, etc.
- 💛【QUICK INSTALLATION】Our travel trailer door latch arrives ready to install. And we already put an installation guide in the package. The whole list includes 1 100% metal RV entry door Lock + 4 camper keys + 4 different types of screws. Install within 10 minutes. Any question or doubt during installation, please contact us!
- ✔️ WILL IT FIT MY APPLICATION? Our RV Door Lock fits RVs and trailers with A LOCK HOLE OPENING of 3.75" tall x 2.75" wide x 1.5" thick. CHECK DIMENSIONS and LATCH STYLE with your trailer BEFORE PURCHASING! Our locks are designed with your security in mind! DOES NOT FIT CLASS A OR CLASS C.
- ✔️ WHILE OTHER RV DOOR LOCKS ARE flimsy and made of plastic, our RV Door Lock is 100% METAL. The water-resistant technology allows our camper door latch to handle the harsh outdoors. The all metal finish and sealing gasket allows it to be rust proof and dirt proof. Allow us to secure your valuables and HELP YOU TRAVEL WORRY FREE WITH LOVED ONES.
- ✔️ EACH KIT ARRIVES READY TO INSTALL AND INCLUDES 1x RV Door Handle, FOUR Mechanical Keys, Gift-Ready Premium Packaging, 4x Different Length Screws, Mounting Hardware & Owner's Manual/Install Guide. INSTALL IT WITHIN 10-MINUTES! All 100% backed by our LIFETIME warranty and 24/7 Online Support. MAKE SURE DIMENSIONS FIT YOUR APPLICATION.
- ✔️ LEAVE YOUR TRAILER OR CAMPER WITH PEACE OF MIND. Our camper lock use premium locking technology to allow you to leave your RV without worrying about your valuables. Each Lock Set comes with UNIQUE KEYS TO LATCH IT BRAND. Enter your trailer knowing all your precious items will be there. Our camper door locks include 4 mechanical keys, NO MORE HAVING TO PAY EXTRA TO BUY SPARE KEYS!
- ✔️ BEING AN AMERICAN BUSINESS, WE OFFER THE STRONGEST LIFETIME WARRANTY ON THE MARKET. We take pride in our products quality and performance. Buy from us with confidence and enjoy our LIFETIME WARRANTY. OUR MISSION IS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE PRODUCTS YOU DESERVE.
- ➊Keeps Doors Open Without Them Slaming Shut on You
- ➋Replaces Sun Damaged/Broken T-Style Latches/Catches/Holders
- ➌With All Weather High Impact ABS with UV Stabilizers
- ➍Easy to Install - Direct Replacement For Most RV, Travel Trailer or Fifth Wheel Trailer's - OEM Replacement
- ➎Mounting Hardware IS INCLUDED Note : It is Suggested That a Bead of Sealant be Placed Underneath the Catch During Installation to Seal any Screw Holes
- RAMKLE HAS UPGRADED THIS PRODUCT TO OFFER THE KIT INCLUDING A SCREWDRIVER(COLOR RANDOM, BLACK OR RED); FITS MOST RV DOORS: Fits Hole cutouts from 3.6" tall x 2.67" wide and door thicknesses from 1.25" to 1.5". For doors with hinges on the right side. It can be used in a wide range of travel trailers, camper vans, trucks, cargo carriers, etc. Not fit CLASS A or CLASS C RVs. Please check your RV door's size before buying.
- DURABLE & IP67 WATERPROOF: Selected quality and durable zinc alloy + plastic material with multiple casting processes, corrosion-resisting, oxidation treatment, wear resistance, for long-term outdoor use. UV-resistant & waterproof surface keeps the lock from fading.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Include: instructions, 4 keys, 10 screws with different lengths to meet your different needs. Install it within 10 minutes! With this lock, you can replace a broken lock yourself, thus avoiding expensive repairs.
- GET YOUR UNIQUE KEY: Tamper-proof lock cylinder and thousands of random keycodes, each key is designed only for this lock. No other duplicates. Include 4 mechanical keys, no more having to pay extra to buy spare keys!
- SAFE & PROTECTIVE: Interior and exterior assembly, silent design, and smooth switch, not card lock, with built-in deadbolt and function of back locking better protecting your goods from thefts, travel worry free.
- Keep your storage compartments safe and secure.
- Ideal for new or replacement installations on RVs.
- Made of zinc alloy die cast housing and cylinder, sturdy and durable.
- Easy-turn thumb operated style.Non-Locking Thumb Turn for quick access.
- 5/8" Offset to CAM mount from face plate contains one offset and one straight cam.
Last update on 2023-11-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
OMB Control No.: 2127-0004 Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-161 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Manufacturer Name : Kibbi, LLC Submission Date : MAR 10, 2023 NHTSA Recall No. : 23V-161 Manufacturer Recall No. : NR Manufacturer Information : Manufacturer Name : Kibbi, LLC Address : 52218 State Route 15 Bristol IN 46507 Company phone : 574-966-0196 Population : Number of potentially involved : 63 Estimated percentage with defect : 100 % Vehicle Information : Vehicle 1 : 2022-2023 Renegade RV Classic, Explorer, XL, Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : 2-DOOR Power Train : DIESEL Descriptive Information : Supplier initiated recall. Lippert has conducted a thorough investigation and determined an issue which relates to motor vehicle safety may exist in certain entry doors for motorized RV products built with Global Link Motorized Rotary Latch MRL-41210-2006. There is the possibility the latch may malfunction and pose an issue with exit from the motorhome. Lippert has filed an equipment recall with NHTSA 23E-008. Production Dates : SEP 01, 2022 – FEB 24, 2023 VIN Range 1 : Begin : NR End : NR Not sequential Description of Defect : Description of the Defect : A portion of the latch may break off when attempting to exit the coach. FMVSS 1 : NR FMVSS 2 : NR Description of the Safety Risk : There is the possibility the latch may malfunction and pose an issue with exit from the motorhome. Description of the Cause : Defective part. Identification of Any Warning that can Occur : Latch will not operate. Cannot open door from inside the coach. Involved Components : Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-161 Page 2 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Component Name 1 : Global LK702 Component Description : Entry door latch Component Part Number : 2021023988 Supplier Identification : Component Manufacturer Name : Lippert Address : PO box 2888 Elkhart Indiana 46515 Country : United States Chronology : Lippert determined an issue which relates to motor vehicle safety may exist in certain entry doors for motorized RV product built with Global Link Motorized Rotary Latch MRL-41210-2006. Lippert informed Renegade RV and Rev Recreation Group on 2/23/2023 of their decision to file equipment recall 23E-008 with NHTSA. Renegade and REV Recreation Group began an investigation into the units affected and compiled a list of potentially affected vehicles. Description of Remedy : Description of Remedy Program : Inspect the involved component as outlined on the attached instructions and submit a claim documenting the inspection and verification of no issue found for payment of the inspection labor charges. If an issue is found, you or your dealer must complete the outlined repair for payment of the labor charges. Lippert’s Customer Service department may be reached via email at email@example.com or via phone at 574-538-4514 if there are any questions. How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component : The complete door lock has a redesigned part if replaced distinguished by page 3 in the Lippert inspection instructions. Identify How/When Recall Condition was Corrected in Production : Inspection done on vehicles with suspect parts installed and repairs made per the Lippert repair instructions. Recall Schedule : Description of Recall Schedule : Renegade RV will contact the dealers and customers within 45 days. Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-161 Page 3 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Planned Dealer Notification Date : MAR 24, 2023 – APR 07, 2023 Planned Owner Notification Date : APR 07, 2023 – APR 21, 2023 * NR – Not Reported