September 22, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V711000
Tie rod separation can result in a sudden loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V711
Manufacturer Navistar, Inc.
Potential Number of Units Affected 451
Navistar, Inc. (Navistar) is recalling certain 2022-2023 International HX vehicles. The tie rod clamps may have been improperly heat-treated, causing them to fail and allowing the tie rods to separate.
Dealers will replace both tie rod end clamps, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed September 30, 2022. Owners may contact Navistar’s customer service at 1-800-448-7825. Navistar’s number for this recall is 22520.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
The tie rod end clamp may crack and, over time, the tie rod end threads can become damaged. In some cases, this may cause the tie rod end to separate. Tie rod end separation may result in an unexpected loss of steering which can increase the risk of a vehicle crash.
This safety recall involves certain International® HV™ and International® HX® Series trucks built 11/18/2021 thru 08/04/2022 with feature code 02ARU, 02ARY, 02ARZ, 02ATB, 02AUR, 02AVB, 02AVC, 02AVD, or 02AVE (Meritor Steer Axle) and an additional steering axle installed by Navistar’s Truck Specialty Center (TSC).
- 09/01/2022 – Navistar receives communication from Meritor describing potential tie rod clamp failures.
- 09/02/2022 – Navistar quarantines all suspect vehicles at the assembly plants.
- 09/06/2022 – Navistar Compliance and Manufacturing meet to investigate the impact to International vehicles.
- 09/15/2022 – Navistar finalizes the suspect population and declares a Safety Recall.
2 Affected Products
4 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22V711-4670
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-22V711-9838
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-22V711-6582
Latest Recalls Documents
- The long socket slips over tie rod end and crows footengages on socket for easy removal and installation of tierods with inaccessible wrench flats.
- Includes 12 crowsfeet, sizes 1-3/16", 1-1/4", 1-3/8", 1-1/2", 1-5/16", 1-7/16", 29mm,32.5mm, 33.6mm, 38.4mm, 40mm and 42mm
- fits many cars, trucks and SUVs.
- fit type: Vehicle Specific
- INNER TIE ROD REMOVAL TOOL SET: This tie rod kit Includes 12 sizes of crowfoot-style adapters: 1-3/16", 1-1/4", 1-5/16", 1-3/8", 1-7/16", 1-1/2" and 29 mm, 32.5 mm, 33.6 mm, 38.4 mm, 40 mm, 42 mm; Easily remove most inner tie rod ends
- ULTRA DURABLE: Tie rod puller tool's crowfoot adapters are nickel plated for durability; Work the inner tie rod tool kit on your tierod end with the confidence that your tie rod set won't bend or break during use; Get the most from our tie rods tool
- WIDELY USEFUL INNER TIE ROD TOOL: Be sure you have an inner tie rod kit that can easily reach your inner tie rod without removing the rack and pinion; Tube handle inner diameter is 2.125 in. to service small cars, pick-ups, and SUVs
- USE A RATCHET OR BREAKER BAR: Properly torque the inner tie rod remover on the tie rod end without hassle; Tie rod end puller's 1/2 Inch drive tube handle makes it easy to remove and re-install tie rod ends; Tie rod puller kit gives you proper reach
- EFFORTLESS ORGANIZATION: OEM Tools inner tie rod tool can be taken anywhere easily; Tie rod end removal tool comes in a blow mold case for easy organization; The inner tie rod end tool is portable for use on tie rod inner ends on your family's fleet
- Tie Rod Removal Tool: Designed for secure and effectual removal of the inner rod. The inner rod can be easily removed and installed without removing the rack and pinion. Applicable to most domestic and imported vehicles, including cars, pickups, and off-road vehicles.
- 12 Pcs Crowfoot Adapters: This tie rod kit Includes 12 sizes of crowfoot-style adapters: 1-3/16", 1-1/4", 1-5/16", 1-3/8", 1-7/ 16", 1-1/2" and 29 mm, 32.5 mm, 33.6 mm, 38.4 mm, 40 mm, 42 mm. To get all your work done quickly and efficiently.
- Ultra Durable Rod: Our tie rod drawing tools and adapters are all-steel forged and used for a long time. The flexible sliding collar on the sleeve's top can tightly fix the crowd feet adapters. It is compatible with 1/2" drive wrenches and helps you get the parts that ordinary wrenches cannot install; its knurled handle allows you to firm control at any time.
- Hassle-Free Operation: The entire operation is effortless. Step 1: Slide the adapter on the plane of the lever. Step 2: Rotate the collar to fix the fishtail joint in place. Step 3: Use a 1/2 inch ratchet or impact wrench to the end hole.
- Effortless Organization: The product is equipped with a case to facilitate your orderly storage and is convenient for you to carry. Help you deal with emergencies of vehicle repair at any time.
- Made to be the most reliable tools in the market today
- Tool solutions for most all situations
- Built to exceed tool standards. Precision-built to meet or exceed ANSI standards
- Designed for removing the inner tie rod
- Includes 1-5/16 inches, 1-3/16 inches and 1-71/6 inches adapters
- INNER TIE ROD REMOVAL TOOL: This Orion Motor Tech inner tie rod removal tool set lets you remove and install inner tie rods without removing the rack and pinion; the 1/2 Inch drive tube handle with a 2.2 in inner diameter allows servicing on small cars, pick-ups, and SUVs
- 12 CROWFOOT ADAPTERS: The 12 crowfoot adapters cover most common SAE and metric sizes of 1-3/16", 1-1/4", 1-5/16", 1-3/8", 1-7/16", 1-1/2", 29 mm, 32.5 mm, 33.6 mm, 38.4 mm, 40 mm, and 42 mm
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Our inner tie rod remover's 20 inch tube handle lets you remove and install inner tie rods in places where sockets and wrenches can’t fit; works on inner tie rods with inaccessible wrench flats
- SUPERIOR DURABILITY: Our tie rod drawing tools and adapters are steel forged for lasting strength; the flexible sliding collar at the top of the sleeve tightly attaches the crowd feet adapters; the knurled handle provides firm control
- HASSLE-FEE OPERATION: Thanks to intuitive design and clear instructions our rod removal set is easy to use; select the right adapter, slide it over the tie rod, click the tool and adapter together, then use a 1/2 inch ratchet or impact wrench to remove the rod
- 1. ALL IN ONE FRONT END SERVICE KIT: Containing 5 adjustable tools for a wide range of domestic and import vehicles. Comes with 1x Ball Joint Separator, 1x Tie Rod and Ball Joint Remover, 1x Conical Pitman Arm Puller, 1x Pitman Arm and Tie Rod End Puller, 1x Pitman Arm Puller, 1x well-organized ABS case.
- 2. HARDENED ALLOY CONSTRUCTION: Extraordinarily tough and durable alloy means these tools can stand up to the toughest jobs. This front end service tool kit can remove the most stubborn ball joints, tie rod ends, and pitman arms.
- 3. UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE WITH A WIDE RANGE OF VEHICLES: The versatile design allows this tool to be used as a pitman arm remover, ball joint separator, or tie rod end puller for many small, domestic rear-wheel-drive vehicles, import vehicles, and light trucks.
- 4. PROFESSIONAL PORTABLE ABS CASE: The custom-molded case is crafted from high-quality ABS hard plastic for the amateur or professional mechanic on the go. Conveniently keeps all your tools in one organized and secure place. Never miss out on a job or project from a misplaced tool.
- 5. ORION MOTOR TECH PROMISE: If any issues from our tools arise please don’t hesitate to contact us. We guarantee the quality of our tools and want to ensure you’re only getting the best. Because to do perform your best, you deserve the best, that’s our Orion Motor Tech Promise.
- Vehicle Specific
- In-House Development, Manufacturing, Sales, Customer Service And Distribution
- Specialty Products Is An ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 Certified Company
- SPC Is The Preferred Brand By Professional Installers
- SPC Has Been Manufacturing And Machining Parts Since 2105
- OTC's Front End Service Set Includes five popular tools
- Ideal set for servicing pitman arms, ball joints, and tie rods on most vehicles
- Includes two pitman arm pullers for large or small ball joint applications, two ball joint separators, and three different tie rod pullers
- Rugged construction materials and robust design ensures these powerful tools will get the job done for years to come
- Durable blow molded storage case keeps kit components organized and protected when not in use
Last update on 2022-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.