September 16, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V697000
Separated tie rods can result in a sudden loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V697
Manufacturer Autocar, LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 236
Dealers will replace the tie rod clamps, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed on November 11, 2022. Owners may contact Autocar’s customer service at 1-888-218-3611. Autocar’s number for this recall is ACX-2205.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
August 2022 During manufacturing, Autocar personnel discovered a structural crack in a tie rod clamp and an internal investigation began. Autocar contacted Meritor regarding the concern and were informed of a heat treatment error that occurred during production of the tie rod clamp. Meritor provided a list of suspect axle serial numbers that were sold to Autocar and an immediate quarantine was set in place for the axles in Autocar inventory. September 9, 2022 all relevant information was presented to Autocar management team and Autocar decided to perform a voluntary safety recall.
1 Affected Product
2 Associated Documents
Defect Notice Recall 573 ReportRCLRPT-22V697-1228
Latest Recalls Documents
- INNER TIE ROD REMOVAL TOOL SET: This tie rod kit Includes 12 sizes of crowfoot-style adapters: 1-3/16", 1-1/4", 1-5/16", 1-3/8", 1-7/16", 1-1/2" and 29 mm, 32.5 mm, 33.6 mm, 38.4 mm, 40 mm, 42 mm; Easily remove most inner tie rod ends
- ULTRA DURABLE: Tie rod puller tool's crowfoot adapters are nickel plated for durability; Work the inner tie rod tool kit on your tierod end with the confidence that your tie rod set won't bend or break during use; Get the most from our tie rods tool
- WIDELY USEFUL INNER TIE ROD TOOL: Be sure you have an inner tie rod kit that can easily reach your inner tie rod without removing the rack and pinion; Tube handle inner diameter is 2.125 in. to service small cars, pick-ups, and SUVs
- USE A RATCHET OR BREAKER BAR: Properly torque the inner tie rod remover on the tie rod end without hassle; Tie rod end puller's 1/2 Inch drive tube handle makes it easy to remove and re-install tie rod ends; Tie rod puller kit gives you proper reach
- EFFORTLESS ORGANIZATION: OEM Tools inner tie rod tool can be taken anywhere easily; Tie rod end removal tool comes in a blow mold case for easy organization; The inner tie rod end tool is portable for use on tie rod inner ends on your family's fleet
- Tie Rod Removal Tool: Designed for secure and effectual removal of the inner rod. The inner rod can be easily removed and installed without removing the rack and pinion. Applicable to most domestic and imported vehicles, including cars, pickups, and off-road vehicles.
- 12 Pcs Crowfoot Adapters: This tie rod kit Includes 12 sizes of crowfoot-style adapters: 1-3/16", 1-1/4", 1-5/16", 1-3/8", 1-7/ 16", 1-1/2" and 29 mm, 32.5 mm, 33.6 mm, 38.4 mm, 40 mm, 42 mm. To get all your work done quickly and efficiently.
- Ultra Durable Rod: Our tie rod drawing tools and adapters are all-steel forged and used for a long time. The flexible sliding collar on the sleeve's top can tightly fix the crowd feet adapters. It is compatible with 1/2" drive wrenches and helps you get the parts that ordinary wrenches cannot install; its knurled handle allows you to firm control at any time.
- Hassle-Free Operation: The entire operation is effortless. Step 1: Slide the adapter on the plane of the lever. Step 2: Rotate the collar to fix the fishtail joint in place. Step 3: Use a 1/2 inch ratchet or impact wrench to the end hole.
- Effortless Organization: The product is equipped with a case to facilitate your orderly storage and is convenient for you to carry. Help you deal with emergencies of vehicle repair at any time.
- INNER TIE ROD REMOVAL TOOL: This Orion Motor Tech inner tie rod removal tool set lets you remove and install inner tie rods without removing the rack and pinion; the 1/2 Inch drive tube handle with a 2.2 in inner diameter allows servicing on small cars, pick-ups, and SUVs
- 12 CROWFOOT ADAPTERS: The 12 crowfoot adapters cover most common SAE and metric sizes of 1-13/16", 1-1/4", 1-5/16", 1-3/8", 1-7/16", 1-1/2", 29 mm, 32.5 mm, 33.6 mm, 38.4 mm, 40 mm, and 42 mm
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Our inner tie rod remover's 20 inch tube handle lets you remove and install inner tie rods in places where sockets and wrenches can’t fit; works on inner tie rods with inaccessible wrench flats
- SUPERIOR DURABILITY: Our tie rod drawing tools and adapters are steel forged for lasting strength; the flexible sliding collar at the top of the sleeve tightly attaches the crowd feet adapters; the knurled handle provides firm control
- HASSLE-FEE OPERATION: Thanks to intuitive design and clear instructions our rod removal set is easy to use; select the right adapter, slide it over the tie rod, click the tool and adapter together, then use a 1/2 inch ratchet or impact wrench to remove the rod
- The long socket slips over tie rod end and crows footengages on socket for easy removal and installation of tierods with inaccessible wrench flats.
- Includes 12 crowsfeet, sizes 1-3/16", 1-1/4", 1-3/8", 1-1/2", 1-5/16", 1-7/16", 29mm,32.5mm, 33.6mm, 38.4mm, 40mm and 42mm
- fits many cars, trucks and SUVs.
- fit type: Vehicle Specific
- 1. ALL IN ONE FRONT END SERVICE KIT: Containing 5 adjustable tools for a wide range of domestic and import vehicles. Comes with 1x Ball Joint Separator, 1x Tie Rod and Ball Joint Remover, 1x Conical Pitman Arm Puller, 1x Pitman Arm and Tie Rod End Puller, 1x Pitman Arm Puller, 1x well-organized ABS case.
- 2. HARDENED ALLOY CONSTRUCTION: Extraordinarily tough and durable alloy means these tools can stand up to the toughest jobs. This front end service tool kit can remove the most stubborn ball joints, tie rod ends, and pitman arms.
- 3. UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE WITH A WIDE RANGE OF VEHICLES: The versatile design allows this tool to be used as a pitman arm remover, ball joint separator, or tie rod end puller for many small, domestic rear-wheel-drive vehicles, import vehicles, and light trucks.
- 4. PROFESSIONAL PORTABLE ABS CASE: The custom-molded case is crafted from high-quality ABS hard plastic for the amateur or professional mechanic on the go. Conveniently keeps all your tools in one organized and secure place. Never miss out on a job or project from a misplaced tool.
- 5. ORION MOTOR TECH PROMISE: If any issues from our tools arise please don’t hesitate to contact us. We guarantee the quality of our tools and want to ensure you’re only getting the best. Because to do perform your best, you deserve the best, that’s our Orion Motor Tech Promise.
- For removal of most types of pitman arms, outer tie rods end and ball joints found on automotive applications.
- Press type ball joint separator allows for ball joint removal without damage to joint and other parts.
- Adjustable Ball Joint Separator-Press Type:Jaw Depth:1.18''- 1.96'' (30 - 50mm), Jaw Opening : 0.78''- 0.86''(20-22 mm).
- Ball Joint Splitter: 0.78''(20mm)Jaw opening adjustable up to 1.96'' (50mm). Conical Pitman Arm Puller: Jaw Opening: 0.7''(18mm).
- ATTENTION:Please measure your ball joint of size before purchasing, and check the specifications of the Ball Joint Separator, whether it is suitable for your ball joint!!!!
- [Perform Maintenance on Your Vehicle]: The ABN Master Inner Tie Rod Tool Removal 4-Piece Kit allows you to save time to make adjustments without removing the rack and pinion to access hard-to-reach tie rods
- [For Your Toolkit]: With its 1/2-inch square drive, this tie rod remover tool will work with your existing 1/2-inch drive wrench (not for power tools); Constructed from black coated steel for maximum strength and longevity
- [Fits Your Vehicle]: 1 3/16-inch adapter compatible with most front wheel drive (FWD) vehicles with new style tie rods; 1 5/16-inch adapter compatible with most rear wheel drive (RWD) and vehicles with racks and pinion power steering; 1 7/16-inch adapter compatible with most cars with saginaw in steering gear
- [Easy Storage]: No need to worry about tie rod end removal tool kit parts getting lost in your workshop; Heavy-duty 16.75 x 2.25 x 7.5 inch (42.5 x 5.7 x 19.1cm) plastic blow-molded carrying case with 2 latches and built-in handle for easy transportation, safe storage, and quick organization
- [Package Contents]: Tie rod end removal tool set includes (1) dual socket rapid slide collar inner tie rod tool (1‐3/16-inch and 1‐5/16-inch hex), (3) adaptors (1‐3/16, 1‐5/1, 1‐7/16 inch adapters with 1‐5/16 inch hex), and (1) carrying case for your convenience
- VERSATILE USE: Orion Motor Tech's 5-piece pickle fork tool set features five fork open sizes: 3/4", 1", 1 1/3", 1.45", and 1 2/3", easily removing standard sizes of ball joints, tie rods, and pitman arms from a vast range of cars and trucks
- HEAT-TREATED AND GALVANIZED: The AISI 1045 medium carbon steel used in these premium tie rod removers has been heat treated for greater strength and durability and their zinc coating protects them from corrosion, extending their service life
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION: The single-piece solid construction of our ball joint separators ensures their high strength, durability, and longevity
- NON-SLIP KNURLED HANDLES: The knurled handles of these pitman arms separators provide sure grip for complete control of your work without slippage
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: With Orion Motor Tech's usual strong warranty and friendly 24/7 customer service, you can enjoy worry-free shopping and be assured of this set's long service life
Last update on 2022-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.